HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Iginla a Ranger?: CKAC Radio: Update: Dreger Shoots it Down

Old
01-25-2011, 08:27 AM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

vCash: 500
In the new NHL all trades need logic and reason. There is no logic nor reason for this trade to go down.

Facts:
-Drury will not move his NTC to go back to Calgary
-Rangers don't have enough $ for this year yet alone next year to carry Iginla without drastically restructuring the team and neither Torts nor Sather want to do that. Plus either Drury or Gaborik have to go back the other way to make this trade work.
-Iginla isn't a hard shooting defenseman or a playmaking center.

The Rangers aren't going to do anything major this trade deadline. If anything, some expiring vet contract like a Cory Stillman (who is a Torts guy) might get brought it to help the PP or a Dman like Babchuk who has a cannon. Other than that, that is it.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 08:49 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
In the new NHL all trades need logic and reason. There is no logic nor reason for this trade to go down.

Facts:
-Drury will not move his NTC to go back to Calgary-Rangers don't have enough $ for this year yet alone next year to carry Iginla without drastically restructuring the team and neither Torts nor Sather want to do that. Plus either Drury or Gaborik have to go back the other way to make this trade work.
-Iginla isn't a hard shooting defenseman or a playmaking center.

The Rangers aren't going to do anything major this trade deadline. If anything, some expiring vet contract like a Cory Stillman (who is a Torts guy) might get brought it to help the PP or a Dman like Babchuk who has a cannon. Other than that, that is it.

That would be an assumption. Drury wasn't even asked to move it at least not publicly. So this is not a fact yet.

I agree thought that w/out some restructuring, it would be tough to make the current team fit. For this reason Dru has to be part of the deal to make it happen. Probably one of the soon to be RFA's as well.

But...personally while I do think there is interest from the Rangers here, I think if he gets moved the Rangers will get outbid.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 09:37 AM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
That would be an assumption. Drury wasn't even asked to move it at least not publicly. So this is not a fact yet.

I agree thought that w/out some restructuring, it would be tough to make the current team fit. For this reason Dru has to be part of the deal to make it happen. Probably one of the soon to be RFA's as well.

But...personally while I do think there is interest from the Rangers here, I think if he gets moved the Rangers will get outbid.

Yeah, it's definitely not a fact, but I doubt Drury wants to move 2000+ miles away plus all the way at the other end of the Continent away from his family to a place he's already played in for a year and didn't particularly love, not to mention I can't see the Rangers asking him to waive his NMC, they'll just buy him out at year's end.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 10:00 AM
allstar3970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post

Calgary taking Drury and his cap hit is actually 1000X's more absurd than Drury dropping his NMC.

What's the logic for them? Iginla has one extra year on his contract, but is a year younger with nearly identical cap hits. He's also still putting up 30+ goal seasons while providing toughness, Drury provides absolutely none of that.

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 10:11 AM
haohmaru
boomshakalaka

Calgary is 4 points out of a playoff spot and playing their best hockey of the year. Trading Iginla is just completely absurd as is the thought of Vancouver, with the best record in the west, doing something drastic.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 01:34 PM
Rodent

Just a sanity check here.

Why is there such covet for a right wing? Isn't Gaborik/Callahan enough depth at that position? There are only 60 minutes in a game. How would Iginla/Gaborik/Callahan split time?

Rodent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 01:39 PM
WhiskeyDeke
Shut up, Keith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post

GOOD. We are on the right track 100%. DO not **** it up with a trade for a big name like we have in the past. Stay the course and trust the kids.

WhiskeyDeke is offline   Reply With Quote