HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Another off-topic thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-12-2011, 12:45 PM
  #251
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion
 
Sinurgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 7,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaPride View Post
Id like to see this at the stadiums and arenas here in the state. How the **** is this possible I ask?





Also you may want to think twice before buying a large beer over a regular one at an event after seeing this.

I'm both amazed and appalled!

Sinurgy is offline  
Old
01-14-2011, 09:46 PM
  #252
Kaizen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Prince George B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,127
vCash: 500
BizNasty was on OTR tonight.

Entertaining as usual.

Kaizen is offline  
Old
01-18-2011, 04:15 PM
  #253
Colt45Blast
is in your head
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: everytime
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,471
vCash: 500
Couple of things

SniperHF

Thanks for the info you gave me in the Lounge on advice for the upcoming fishing trip and I leave tonight.

I leave for San Diego tonight at 11PM and will be going fishing out in the Pacific Ocean for about 1/2 the day. Very excited since I haven't fished since the early 90's. Fishing for Rock Cod, and Tuna mostly. This is also the season for whale watching in Southern California.

Do any of you here like to fish and for what kind of fish?

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
01-18-2011, 04:27 PM
  #254
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion
 
Sinurgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 7,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaPride View Post
Couple of things

SniperHF

Thanks for the info you gave me in the Lounge on advice for the upcoming fishing trip and I leave tonight.

I leave for San Diego tonight at 11PM and will be going fishing out in the Pacific Ocean for about 1/2 the day. Very excited since I haven't fished since the early 90's. Fishing for Rock Cod, and Tuna mostly. This is also the season for whale watching in Southern California.

Do any of you here like to fish and for what kind of fish?
I like fishing for trout in mountain streams!

Sinurgy is offline  
Old
01-18-2011, 05:14 PM
  #255
Colt45Blast
is in your head
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: everytime
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
I like fishing for trout in mountain streams!
Where is the nearest place for that?

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
01-18-2011, 05:42 PM
  #256
PHX FireBirds18
Registered User
 
PHX FireBirds18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaPride View Post
Where is the nearest place for that?
Sedona is a beautiful place to fish but I haven't had much luck actually catching anything. It's about a two hour drive away depending where you live. Ocean fishing IMO is the cream of the crop, you never know what you're going to pull up.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline  
Old
01-18-2011, 05:48 PM
  #257
huhwhtfkr
Registered User
 
huhwhtfkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 270
vCash: 500
my brother and I along with the boys go long range out of SD every couple of years. fill the freezers and go back out when theyre empty again. 3,4 ,7, day trips .pricey but worth it. big game 90, great cap and crew.
some nice trout up on the rim 2.5-3.5 hrs from north phx. you camp? try blue ridge reseviour nice area. they release trout locally into the verde and salt rivers this time of year look on the gafd website for sched.

huhwhtfkr is offline  
Old
01-18-2011, 06:52 PM
  #258
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion
 
Sinurgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 7,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaPride View Post
Where is the nearest place for that?
Wyoming

Sinurgy is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 01:46 PM
  #259
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris
 
TeamTippett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Phx
Country: United States
Posts: 5,325
vCash: 500
looks like in the tabloids Comerie has knocked up Hillary Duff. Like a true centerman or

TeamTippett is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 01:58 PM
  #260
zz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTurris View Post
looks like in the tabloids Comerie has knocked up Hillary Duff. Like a true centerman or

zz is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 02:46 PM
  #261
87turbobuick
Registered User
 
87turbobuick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaPride View Post
Enough about that. I know a couple of you here have been to other arenas to see a hockey game but I'll ask anyway, who has been to another NHL arena besides in Phoenix of course for a hockey game?.
Stanley cup years Northlands Edmonton
Edmonton Gardens Oilers WHA
88 Olympics Saddledome Calgary
Calgary Corral Flames game
United Center Chicago 1/3 full
Fabulous Forum LA
Pacific Coliseum Vancouver

87turbobuick is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 09:33 PM
  #262
Art.Vandelay
@kash2112
 
Art.Vandelay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 1,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaPride View Post
Enough about that. I know a couple of you here have been to other arenas to see a hockey game but I'll ask anyway, who has been to another NHL arena besides in Phoenix of course for a hockey game?
Excel Energy Arena - Minnesota
Brendan Byrne Arena - New Jersey
Madison Square Garden - NY
Joe Louis Arena - Detroit
Spectrum - Philly
The Igloo - Pittsburgh
Reunion Arena - Dallas
Staples Center - LA
The Pond - Anaheim

Art.Vandelay is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 10:44 PM
  #263
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs
 
Sindiggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chandler, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,568
vCash: 500
The Pond - Anaheim
Staples Center - LA
Brendan Byrne Arena - New Jersey
Reunion Arena - Dallas

Had tickets to MSG, but business meeting ran late into the night and I was unable to attend

Sindiggy is online now  
Old
01-19-2011, 11:12 PM
  #264
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful
 
Blubba Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NE Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,254
vCash: 500
Only Phillips Arena

Blubba Jenkins is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 11:45 PM
  #265
PHX FireBirds18
Registered User
 
PHX FireBirds18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
I'm envious of the people that have been able to watch hockey in other arenas. I've never been to another NHL arena. Although i've done Frozen Fury a couple of times.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline  
Old
01-21-2011, 12:36 AM
  #266
71
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Moundsville, WV
Country: United States
Posts: 5,647
vCash: 500
Thought I would post this to your board. Wasn't sure if you knew that your team comedian was actually a part time air guitar player in a band. This was done during Bissonnette's time in Wheeling in the ECHL. Most of the other guys in the video were players on Wheeling at the time.


71 is offline  
Old
01-21-2011, 10:27 PM
  #267
Colt45Blast
is in your head
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: everytime
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,471
vCash: 500
I took pictures of the game in LA using a 1080 HD camera. Its takking forever uploading the shots here and I thought it was a bad connection at 1st. Then I see the images are in the MB's and not thw KB's size. IS there anyway I can reduce the size of a pic even if it means I love any HD quality of?

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
01-22-2011, 12:38 AM
  #268
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion
 
Sinurgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 7,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaPride View Post
I took pictures of the game in LA using a 1080 HD camera. Its takking forever uploading the shots here and I thought it was a bad connection at 1st. Then I see the images are in the MB's and not thw KB's size. IS there anyway I can reduce the size of a pic even if it means I love any HD quality of?
In your photoeditor of choice, reduce the image size to 1600x1200 or whatever moderately large size you feel is appropriate. I'm guessing your camera is set to 300dpi which is good if you're printing but you don't need that high of resolution for posting pics on the web so knock the DPI down to 72dpi. Of course do this to copies of your images not the originals because once you resize/resample and save them, there is no going back.

Sinurgy is offline  
Old
01-24-2011, 01:11 PM
  #269
wpgyotes
Bye Bryz
 
wpgyotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,741
vCash: 500
Everyone knows about the housing bubble in AZ, but what are job prospects like? I have dual citizenship and a BA in communications, and would love to take up residence in the Valley, but don't want to be stuck flipping burgers somewhere to make ends meet (no offense to those who do that... it's not an easy gig). I have a comm. position right now in the Peg, but have family (parents and grandparents), weather, housing prices, this hockey team and the weather in the Valley enticing me to consider a move down south.

Any insight you guys who live in AZ can give me? Much appreciated.

wpgyotes is offline  
Old
01-24-2011, 04:30 PM
  #270
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion
 
Sinurgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 7,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgyotes View Post
Everyone knows about the housing bubble in AZ, but what are job prospects like? I have dual citizenship and a BA in communications, and would love to take up residence in the Valley, but don't want to be stuck flipping burgers somewhere to make ends meet (no offense to those who do that... it's not an easy gig). I have a comm. position right now in the Peg, but have family (parents and grandparents), weather, housing prices, this hockey team and the weather in the Valley enticing me to consider a move down south.

Any insight you guys who live in AZ can give me? Much appreciated.
I don't mean this in an offensive way at all but what does one do with a communications degree? I just don't know what kind of jobs you actually go after with such degree. Again please don't take offense, I'm not attempting to be an ass here.

Sinurgy is offline  
Old
01-25-2011, 08:57 AM
  #271
wpgyotes
Bye Bryz
 
wpgyotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
I don't mean this in an offensive way at all but what does one do with a communications degree? I just don't know what kind of jobs you actually go after with such degree. Again please don't take offense, I'm not attempting to be an ass here.
No offense taken!

Basically it covers corporate marketing and communications (PR) and/or media (TV, radio, print). I was a writer for a daily newspaper at one time, and now work as a communications coordinator for an association.

Basically I act as the liaison between my company and the media as a spokesperson; write, edit, design page layout and take photographs for weekly newsletters and our quarterly magazine; and promote the industry at public speaking engagements in city high schools and that sort of thing.

wpgyotes is offline  
Old
01-25-2011, 09:23 AM
  #272
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris
 
TeamTippett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Phx
Country: United States
Posts: 5,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgyotes View Post
No offense taken!

Basically it covers corporate marketing and communications (PR) and/or media (TV, radio, print). I was a writer for a daily newspaper at one time, and now work as a communications coordinator for an association.

Basically I act as the liaison between my company and the media as a spokesperson; write, edit, design page layout and take photographs for weekly newsletters and our quarterly magazine; and promote the industry at public speaking engagements in city high schools and that sort of thing.
you can also do lobbying? This town is swarming with lobbyists, seems like every-other person I meet is a lobbyist these days. To be honest it's not a tremendously great market for public relations at the moment. I'm sincerely not trying to be discouraging; as the Chair of the Coyotes Welcoming our Brothers from the North Committee (CWBNC) I can openly say we would love to have you here. Weather is great, Golf, Cheep housing, great hockey and (if this is your sort of thing) the ladies are rather pleasant and wholesome individuals .

Let me look into a few things here and maybe I can give you some leads in the PR industry down here, don't hold your breath - I can't promise anything, but let me look and see IF there is anything I can dig up. Just my perception is its generally not an industry looking to expand at the moment.

TeamTippett is offline  
Old
01-25-2011, 10:22 AM
  #273
wpgyotes
Bye Bryz
 
wpgyotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTurris View Post

Let me look into a few things here and maybe I can give you some leads in the PR industry down here, don't hold your breath - I can't promise anything, but let me look and see IF there is anything I can dig up. Just my perception is its generally not an industry looking to expand at the moment.
I appreciate it. No sweat. I saw a few postings on Jobing.com (lol) that matched the general description, but nothing that really jumped out at me.

Are these house prices for real, though? $75,000 for a newish bungalow with a backyard pool and waterfall... What's the catch?

wpgyotes is offline  
Old
01-25-2011, 10:32 AM
  #274
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris
 
TeamTippett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Phx
Country: United States
Posts: 5,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgyotes View Post
I appreciate it. No sweat. I saw a few postings on Jobing.com (lol) that matched the general description, but nothing that really jumped out at me.

Are these house prices for real, though? $75,000 for a newish bungalow with a backyard pool and waterfall... What's the catch?
no catch, just a real #%$#! housing market. Their selling homes for less than the cost to construct. supply > demand = downward pressure on prices. There are places in the extreme suburbs that are harder hit, b/c they were overbuilt.

If I don't contact you one way or another in a week, hit me up on the DM thingie and remind me.

TeamTippett is offline  
Old
01-25-2011, 10:48 AM
  #275
zz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgyotes View Post
What's the catch?
- In this market you absolutely need a 20% down-payment and a good job to get a loan.
- No one really knows when this mess is going to bottom out. I thought it had 6 months ago.

According to what I've read, job openings & salaries aren't good these days. There are a lot of people stuck here because of their mortgage. If things don't pan out for you in AZ over the next year, you have to be prepared to take a loss on that house if you need to get out of here.

Writing / communication jobs don't pay very well around here. Forget about state agencies, there's no money there. The NGO / non-profit market is not great, either. I work for a non-profit, all of our revenue comes from out of state. As far as I can tell, local membership or donation-based organizations are struggling.

I have a communication degree as well. So glad I changed my career to software engineering. Way better opportunities and 3x the pay.

zz is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.