HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brendan Ghallagher

Old
01-24-2011, 01:50 PM
PunkinDrublic*

vCash: 500
Brendan Ghallagher

This little man, is my new hero. I love the moves from this guy. He seems so fast and has great hands.

http://www.whl.ca/video/index/id/1295893682

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 01:54 PM
ruski17

This guy could be a steal in the draft. He can score and he is gritty even though he is small. Nice goal by him.

ruski17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 01:59 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Hopefully he pulls a D'agostini and grow 2-3 inches and hit the 5'10-10 mark.

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 02:01 PM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

That Stastny guy has some pretty slick moves too!

Aspirine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 02:13 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
I'll be very honest and have not seen Gallagher play much this year but he is sure flying with his 32 goals in 48 games. 62 pts so far not that bad at all

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 02:22 PM
tiersen24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirine View Post
Yeah noticed him too. Surprised he wasn't drafted in 2009. Could/should still be signed someday...

tiersen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 02:29 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I'll be very honest and have not seen Gallagher play much this year but he is sure flying with his 32 goals in 48 games. 62 pts so far not that bad at all
And his play of late sans Cunningham at least shows he can score with anyone at center. I don't mind drafting guys who are small but have a nose for the net, like Dumont a couple of years back. Dumont is 20 now and already contributing in Hamilton, and he is a very similar player as Gallagher. Both are extremely feisty, don't shy away from fights, and can flat out score. Can't say for sure if either will make it to the NHL but they'll definitely be able to help the Bulldogs succeed. Once there you never know, they could both get a little bigger and maybe gain enough hockey smarts to crack the big club, kind of like what Desharnais is doing right now.

Should be very interesting next year in Hamilton. You could easily some, or all of Leblanc, Kristo, Nattinen, Gallagher making the jump.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 02:40 PM
shamrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
This little man, is my new hero. I love the moves from this guy. He seems so fast and has great hands.

I went to see the first game and what i like about him is that the coach uses him in all situations.

i moved to vancouver earlier this year and my gf offered me tickets to go see the giants. So i went to the first game of the season knowing we had a prospect playing there. Ill say that the comparasons to gionta are not far off at all. I saw a lot of that combativity from Gallagher. Also i hope he makes team canada next year.

shamrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 02:42 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Jr View Post
And his play of late sans Cunningham at least shows he can score with anyone at center. I don't mind drafting guys who are small but have a nose for the net, like Dumont a couple of years back. Dumont is 20 now and already contributing in Hamilton, and he is a very similar player as Gallagher. Both are extremely feisty, don't shy away from fights, and can flat out score. Can't say for sure if either will make it to the NHL but they'll definitely be able to help the Bulldogs succeed. Once there you never know, they could both get a little bigger and maybe gain enough hockey smarts to crack the big club, kind of like what Desharnais is doing right now.

Should be very interesting next year in Hamilton. You could easily some, or all of Leblanc, Kristo, Nattinen, Gallagher making the jump.
I think Gallagher will be back in the Juniors next year, but yes a nice good young group of forwards we have coming up

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 02:58 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I think Gallagher will be back in the Juniors next year, but yes a nice good young group of forwards we have coming up
Yeah i take that back, Gallagher has only played 3 years now in the WHL, no reason to rush him to the pros. I got carried away with the Dumont comparison but forgot that Dumont played an extra year in the Q (or at least parts of an extra year).

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 03:00 PM
Guilliam

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiersen24 View Post
Yeah noticed him too. Surprised he wasn't drafted in 2009. Could/should still be signed someday...
Yeah I was gonna ask who hold his rights. So he's still free uh?

Guilliam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 03:32 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post

He may be vertically challenged, but he is not 'little'. He is built like a brick poophouse.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 03:41 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

I see a good player but he goes around defenders that should clobber him, he may be good one day but i see a long AHL career for him guys. The second coming of Corey Locke maybe...

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 04:21 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Little player need to realize that to be successful you need to pretend that you're 6'5" (Like Brian Gionta) and I have a feeling that Brenden Gallagher gets that already. That's why 5'5" Nathan Gerbe can play in the NHL, but a lot of 5'9"-5'10" players can't. Definitely excited to have a prospect in the system that fits the Gionta mould, rather than the Corey Locke mould.

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 04:21 PM
Belso

Quote:
I agree...

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 04:51 PM
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
Little player need to realize that to be successful you need to pretend that you're 6'5" (Like Brian Gionta) and I have a feeling that Brenden Gallagher gets that already. That's why 5'5" Nathan Gerbe can play in the NHL, but a lot of 5'9"-5'10" players can't. Definitely excited to have a prospect in the system that fits the Gionta mould, rather than the Corey Locke mould.
Which reminds me, I loved the way Gionta battled against a much bigger Gaustad along the boards against the Sabres the other night.

You're totally right, if Gallagher et al. want to play in the NHL and succeed, they'll have to play fearless like our captain.

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 04:56 PM
Asamu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
Yeah I was gonna ask who hold his rights. So he's still free uh?
I know that this thread is about Gallagher but the newcomer, Andrej Stastny really impressed me.

He was eligible for the 2009 NHL draft but he was a nobody 2 years ago; there will be more media coverage about him this year and this could help to get draft in 2011.

Here is an article about him, Gallagher and their last game:

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Re...megadrop_story

Asamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 08:09 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Stastny, 6'4, 215, slick moves, center, its only some highlights but wow. Why not?

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 09:08 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
Stastny, 6'4, 215, slick moves, center, its only some highlights but wow. Why not?
There might be some poetic justice in seeing the name Stastny on a Habs jersey (related or not).

Captain Smurf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 10:33 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
He may be vertically challenged, but he is not 'little'. He is built like a brick poophouse.
Little man = 18 years old !

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote