HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Islanders claim Nabokov off waivers, will not report

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-23-2011, 03:38 PM
  #176
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul
 
Sawdalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Girouxsalem
Posts: 5,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
Hitler said he started a 1000 years reich. He was in power for 12 years. That means Hitler was 1.2% correct.

1.2% was, last time I checked, far higher than Eklund's rate of success.

Therefore, Eklund is worse than Hitler. Fact.
Well done, my man.

Sawdalite is offline  
Old
01-23-2011, 03:48 PM
  #177
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God
 
KimiFerrari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Argentina
Posts: 3,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Right, not an actual "claim," just curious if the Isles did try and go through the trading process and they were the only claim if the Red Wings would get first crack at him... or if he'd have to go on open waivers first. Only important since the Isles would have to offer him up to the teams that put in claims before a second round of open waivers.
Well from what MSE qouted, if the Isles intent is to trade him then no. Not only would Detroit not be first to get a crack at him, but they would be the only team that doesn't have the option to claim him.

Only if the Islanders make a new waiver, in which they are not trying to trade him, would Detroit get a shot, and more then likely it would be in the order of %Pt order again.

KimiFerrari is offline  
Old
01-23-2011, 04:44 PM
  #178
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimiFerrari View Post
Well from what MSE qouted, if the Isles intent is to trade him then no. Not only would Detroit not be first to get a crack at him, but they would be the only team that doesn't have the option to claim him.

Only if the Islanders make a new waiver, in which they are not trying to trade him, would Detroit get a shot, and more then likely it would be in the order of %Pt order again.
They would. In order to make a deal he'd have to first be offered to the teams (in order) that made a claim on him the first time around... then he'd have to be put on open waivers again... and then he could be dealt. So, theoretically, he could wind up back with the Red Wings--and if this were all to go down again immediately it wouldn't really matter one way or the other.

Just a messy situation...

Jester is offline  
Old
01-23-2011, 06:00 PM
  #179
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,575
vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
Hitler said he started a 1000 years reich. He was in power for 12 years. That means Hitler was 1.2% correct.

1.2% was, last time I checked, far higher than Eklund's rate of success.

Therefore, Eklund is worse than Hitler. Fact.
Is it really possible that this many people on here don't understand that Eklund NEVER claims to be right. He only reports what he hears. I have rarely, if ever, heard him say something along the lines of "X will be traded to Y for Z." I have heard him say countless times that a source has told him this or that will happen. Yes, most of the time the stuff doesn't pan out, but like I said, he never claims that it will, it is only what he is hearing. Just because he is "wrong" and his rumors don't pan out, doesn't mean that the rumors he is hearing aren't being talked about. Do you really think that the only rumors out there are trades that actually go down?

DrinkFightFlyers is online now  
Old
01-23-2011, 08:10 PM
  #180
Death of a Martian
Registered User
 
Death of a Martian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
Hitler said he started a 1000 years reich. He was in power for 12 years. That means Hitler was 1.2% correct.

1.2% was, last time I checked, far higher than Eklund's rate of success.

Therefore, Eklund is worse than Hitler. Fact.
This is the best thing I have ever read.

Death of a Martian is offline  
Old
01-24-2011, 10:52 AM
  #181
Valhoun*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Is it really possible that this many people on here don't understand that Eklund NEVER claims to be right. He only reports what he hears. I have rarely, if ever, heard him say something along the lines of "X will be traded to Y for Z." I have heard him say countless times that a source has told him this or that will happen. Yes, most of the time the stuff doesn't pan out, but like I said, he never claims that it will, it is only what he is hearing. Just because he is "wrong" and his rumors don't pan out, doesn't mean that the rumors he is hearing aren't being talked about. Do you really think that the only rumors out there are trades that actually go down?
He's also been caught stealing rumors from message boards. Our criticism goes far deeper than you think. He's a fraud (both in terms of journalism and finances) and it isn't hard to do a few searches to find out this information.

Valhoun* is offline  
Old
01-24-2011, 10:59 AM
  #182
DUHockey9
Registered User
 
DUHockey9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hogwarts
Country: United States
Posts: 4,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Is it really possible that this many people on here don't understand that Eklund NEVER claims to be right. He only reports what he hears. I have rarely, if ever, heard him say something along the lines of "X will be traded to Y for Z." I have heard him say countless times that a source has told him this or that will happen. Yes, most of the time the stuff doesn't pan out, but like I said, he never claims that it will, it is only what he is hearing. Just because he is "wrong" and his rumors don't pan out, doesn't mean that the rumors he is hearing aren't being talked about. Do you really think that the only rumors out there are trades that actually go down?
Then why does he have his rating system? e4 e5 etc? Isn't e5 a "done deal"? That sounds like him claiming to be right about something. Yet we've seen plenty of e5's be incorrect.

Remove his silly rating system and I understand your argument. But he really does try to apply a certain level of "rightness" to his rumors with his ratings.

DUHockey9 is offline  
Old
01-24-2011, 12:37 PM
  #183
Snotbubbles
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
Hitler said he started a 1000 years reich. He was in power for 12 years. That means Hitler was 1.2% correct.

1.2% was, last time I checked, far higher than Eklund's rate of success.

Therefore, Eklund is worse than Hitler. Fact.
That only makes Hitler 0 for 1. Or having a rate of success of 0%. So by that account, Hitler is, in fact, still worse than Eklund.

Snotbubbles is offline  
Old
01-24-2011, 12:46 PM
  #184
Valhoun*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
That only makes Hitler 0 for 1. Or having a rate of success of 0%. So by that account, Hitler is, in fact, still worse than Eklund.
I dunno, at least Hitler had the good sense to kill himself after his failure. Eklund hasn't killed himself yet.

And Hitler was a published author. Eklund's just a ****ing blogger.

And I think we both agree that Hitler had much better fashion sense. Eklund is probably one of those guys who viewed the invention of velcro shoes as "pretty neat but not as cool as this calculator watch."

Valhoun* is offline  
Old
01-24-2011, 04:22 PM
  #185
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,575
vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
He's also been caught stealing rumors from message boards. Our criticism goes far deeper than you think. He's a fraud (both in terms of journalism and finances) and it isn't hard to do a few searches to find out this information.
So what if he "steals" rumors from message boards. I don't read every message board out there, so if Eklund grabs something from another forum that is one less site I have to look for. Now he's a fraud in finances too? Yikes! That's a new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
Then why does he have his rating system? e4 e5 etc? Isn't e5 a "done deal"? That sounds like him claiming to be right about something. Yet we've seen plenty of e5's be incorrect.

Remove his silly rating system and I understand your argument. But he really does try to apply a certain level of "rightness" to his rumors with his ratings.
Well, if you read his rating system, each "e" just lists a different number of people he has heard it from. e5 does mean it is a done deal, but the only times I have ever seen this happen is usually after a deal has already been announced. I have seen him been wrong on deadline day with an e5 here or there, but that is why I said I "rarely" see him claim to be right when he is wrong.

DrinkFightFlyers is online now  
Old
01-24-2011, 11:49 PM
  #186
Larry44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 5,145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Well, if you read his rating system, each "e" just lists a different number of people he has heard it from. e5 does mean it is a done deal, but the only times I have ever seen this happen is usually after a deal has already been announced. I have seen him been wrong on deadline day with an e5 here or there, but that is why I said I "rarely" see him claim to be right when he is wrong.
I agree. Eklund is pretty upfront about the fact he's running a rumours website and how it works.

The people who hate the fact that Ek's making millions in ad revenue are just jealous they didn't think of it first.

Larry44 is offline  
Old
01-25-2011, 01:01 AM
  #187
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,614
vCash: 50
If Nabokov doesnt play 1 game for the Isles and the Isles dont trade or waive him into next offseason the contract transfers to the 2011/12 season.

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
01-25-2011, 01:51 AM
  #188
StandingCow
Registered User
 
StandingCow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 3,547
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
He's also been caught stealing rumors from message boards. Our criticism goes far deeper than you think. He's a fraud (both in terms of journalism and finances) and it isn't hard to do a few searches to find out this information.
I say we go and make up a ridiculous rumor, and have everyone agreeing with it, and see if it goes up on his site, lol.

StandingCow is offline  
Old
01-25-2011, 05:08 AM
  #189
mja
Negative Creep
 
mja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,006
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Is it really possible that this many people on here don't understand that Eklund NEVER claims to be right. He only reports what he hears. I have rarely, if ever, heard him say something along the lines of "X will be traded to Y for Z." I have heard him say countless times that a source has told him this or that will happen. Yes, most of the time the stuff doesn't pan out, but like I said, he never claims that it will, it is only what he is hearing. Just because he is "wrong" and his rumors don't pan out, doesn't mean that the rumors he is hearing aren't being talked about. Do you really think that the only rumors out there are trades that actually go down?
Dude, before Eklund was a blogger, he was just another poster like you or I on various hockey message boards.

I posted with him back in they day before he became what he is today. He posted stupid crap rumors all of the damned time that never came true saying that they were done deals. Things like Scott Niedermayer to the Flyers is a sure thing, claiming to have inside sources (he would end up going to the Ducks, obviously).

He still occasionally posts on some of those boards. Some of the people on those boards have known him since HIGH SCHOOL. He's full of ****.

People get pissed off about him because HE'S A FRAUD. He doesn't HEAR ANY RUMORS BECAUSE HE HAS NO CONNECTIONS.

He LITERALLY MAKES **** UP.


Last edited by mja: 01-25-2011 at 05:25 AM.
mja is offline  
Old
01-25-2011, 05:18 AM
  #190
mja
Negative Creep
 
mja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,006
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
I say we go and make up a ridiculous rumor, and have everyone agreeing with it, and see if it goes up on his site, lol.
It's already been done before, believe it or not, on other forums, to comical effects.

Even his "hits" can almost always be traced back to some other source breaking it first.

Forsberg to the Flyers, for instance, was not broken by Eklund but instead by a radio station in Phoenix and was reported on a Flyers board (that Eklund frequented) by a flyers fan living in Phoenix.

What the dude does is 1) report on rumors that everyone could surmise on their own, so that when they do go down he gets credit; 2) report on rumors that others have started, but not citing the source, so that when they go down he gets credit; 3) scouring the internet for every transaction as it happens, so that he can post it as quickly as possible and get credit; 4) completely and totally just make **** up without any basis in reality.

What he does is so different than what a guy like Spector does (another guy I posted with on the old AOL message boards) it isn't even funny. Spector always served as a mere composite of all the media out there regarding hockey rumors, providing one stop shopping and reaction to those rumors, ALWAYS citing where they came from. Eklund on the other hand, is full of ****.

mja is offline  
Old
01-25-2011, 07:06 AM
  #191
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,575
vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by mja View Post
Dude, before Eklund was a blogger, he was just another poster like you or I on various hockey message boards.

I posted with him back in they day before he became what he is today. He posted stupid crap rumors all of the damned time that never came true saying that they were done deals. Things like Scott Niedermayer to the Flyers is a sure thing, claiming to have inside sources (he would end up going to the Ducks, obviously).

He still occasionally posts on some of those boards. Some of the people on those boards have known him since HIGH SCHOOL. He's full of ****.

People get pissed off about him because HE'S A FRAUD. He doesn't HEAR ANY RUMORS BECAUSE HE HAS NO CONNECTIONS.

He LITERALLY MAKES **** UP.
Hmm, sounds like you have some first hand knowledge here because you posted with him on an internet forum. I guess I should just agree with you.

In all seriousness though, he may or may not have these sources. I have no idea if he really "hears" things or is making them up. But it looks more likely than not that he at least some credibility being that there are guys like Meltzer and Panaccio writing for his site (I guess the easy way to discredit that is to just say they want hits). Regardless of whether or not these sources are real, it is still interesting to read the rumors. Yes, I know very few are "correct" on his site, butf my guess is that there are even more trades being talked about that he doesn't "hear" about that don't go down. But yes, because you posted with him on an internet site "back in the day" and he made up rumors then, you know for a fact that he has no sources.

DrinkFightFlyers is online now  
Old
01-25-2011, 07:47 AM
  #192
Valhoun*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Hmm, sounds like you have some first hand knowledge here because you posted with him on an internet forum. I guess I should just agree with you.

In all seriousness though, he may or may not have these sources. I have no idea if he really "hears" things or is making them up. But it looks more likely than not that he at least some credibility being that there are guys like Meltzer and Panaccio writing for his site (I guess the easy way to discredit that is to just say they want hits). Regardless of whether or not these sources are real, it is still interesting to read the rumors. Yes, I know very few are "correct" on his site, butf my guess is that there are even more trades being talked about that he doesn't "hear" about that don't go down. But yes, because you posted with him on an internet site "back in the day" and he made up rumors then, you know for a fact that he has no sources.
He doesn't. Or at least he didn't. He has faked it long enough that he's cobbled together a few things. However, the vast majority of his information that is even half-assed correct comes from Tim P. Tim will throw him a bone every now and again.

Search for "Kukla's Korner Eklund" on Google.

Even guys like Greg Wyshynski who runs Yahoo's hockey site have reported on his fraudulent record.

Here is a story about how he created a bunch of alt-accounts to agree with himself on hockey websites.

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.ph...e_flyguy31_or/

It's just insane that he's taken seriously. For awhile when he first started he claimed to be a famous author who was independently wealthy based on the sales of his book.

Valhoun* is offline  
Old
01-25-2011, 07:51 AM
  #193
Valhoun*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.ph...ou_make_it_up/

That's a recent gem. A few days ago he totally made up a rumor about Toronto an Dallas. Just out of thin air.

The part about still telling people that he has a journalism degree from a university that doesn't offer one is particularly hilarious.

Valhoun* is offline  
Old
01-25-2011, 08:12 AM
  #194
chimrichalds18
the key
 
chimrichalds18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
He doesn't. Or at least he didn't. He has faked it long enough that he's cobbled together a few things. However, the vast majority of his information that is even half-assed correct comes from Tim P. Tim will throw him a bone every now and again.

Search for "Kukla's Korner Eklund" on Google.

Even guys like Greg Wyshynski who runs Yahoo's hockey site have reported on his fraudulent record.

Here is a story about how he created a bunch of alt-accounts to agree with himself on hockey websites.

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.ph...e_flyguy31_or/

It's just insane that he's taken seriously. For awhile when he first started he claimed to be a famous author who was independently wealthy based on the sales of his book.
That thread of comments is just gold. Absolute gold.

chimrichalds18 is offline  
Old
01-25-2011, 11:30 AM
  #195
mja
Negative Creep
 
mja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,006
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Hmm, sounds like you have some first hand knowledge here because you posted with him on an internet forum. I guess I should just agree with you.

In all seriousness though, he may or may not have these sources. I have no idea if he really "hears" things or is making them up. But it looks more likely than not that he at least some credibility being that there are guys like Meltzer and Panaccio writing for his site (I guess the easy way to discredit that is to just say they want hits). Regardless of whether or not these sources are real, it is still interesting to read the rumors. Yes, I know very few are "correct" on his site, butf my guess is that there are even more trades being talked about that he doesn't "hear" about that don't go down. But yes, because you posted with him on an internet site "back in the day" and he made up rumors then, you know for a fact that he has no sources.
He's a snake-oil salesman. He's a charlatan. He's a phony. He's a fake. He's a FRAUD.

Pre-lockout, he was exclusively a Flyers board phenomenon, unknown to the blogging world. I don't know how long you've been visiting message boards to post about hockey, but I've been doing it since the mid 90's back on the old AOL bulletin boards.

I remember when Meltzer, and Eklund, and Lyle Richardson were just posters, no different than you or me.

Meltzer was just obsessed with hockey, particularly Flyers hockey, and has done the impossible, become a legitimate journalist from a simple message board user. Notice he never traffics in trade rumors!

Lyle Richardson (Spector) was just a Habs fan back in the day with his own site who searched the internet for legitimate media for trade rumors. I actually "blogged" (it wasn't called that back then) for his original site once or twice. He built a career for himself this way in a completely respectable fashion.

Eklund, however, was a LAUGHINGSTOCK before the lockout on those Flyers boards. He had been exposed by PEOPLE WHO KNEW HIM PERSONALLY as a complete and total fraud, over and over again.

Somehow, he was able to turn the lockout into a launching pad to commit actual fraud to a much broader audience. He was posting constantly about the negotiations, often contradicting himself in the space of a single day. He posted obviously invented anecdotes about his discussions with players, agents, GMs, etc. that broke out into unintentional comedy. He posted and posted and posted until amazingly some people decide to PAY HIM to read it, believing him to be some sort of insider.

I've witnessed his entire arc, from message board poster, to message board poster with some "inside" info, to message board poster in "full" insider mode, to EXPOSED fraud, to blogger, to blogger with "inside" info, to blogger in "full" insider mode, to EXPOSED fraud. I've looked on with amazement how people could be so willingly duped.

He's been exposed as a fraud over and over and over again, and yet people listen to the man. I'm convinced it's because they WANT to believe that they have some sort of connection to some mysterious "insider" who will give them access to what is really happening in offices around the league.

mja is offline  
Old
01-25-2011, 11:37 AM
  #196
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mja View Post
He's a snake-oil salesman. He's a charlatan. He's a phony. He's a fake. He's a FRAUD.

Pre-lockout, he was exclusively a Flyers board phenomenon, unknown to the blogging world. I don't know how long you've been visiting message boards to post about hockey, but I've been doing it since the mid 90's back on the old AOL bulletin boards.

I remember when Meltzer, and Eklund, and Lyle Richardson were just posters, no different than you or me.

Meltzer was just obsessed with hockey, particularly Flyers hockey, and has done the impossible, become a legitimate journalist from a simple message board user. Notice he never traffics in trade rumors!

Lyle Richardson (Spector) was just a Habs fan back in the day with his own site who searched the internet for legitimate media for trade rumors. I actually "blogged" (it wasn't called that back then) for his original site once or twice. He built a career for himself this way in a completely respectable fashion.

Eklund, however, was a LAUGHINGSTOCK before the lockout on those Flyers boards. He had been exposed by PEOPLE WHO KNEW HIM PERSONALLY as a complete and total fraud, over and over again.

Somehow, he was able to turn the lockout into a launching pad to commit actual fraud to a much broader audience. He was posting constantly about the negotiations, often contradicting himself in the space of a single day. He posted obviously invented anecdotes about his discussions with players, agents, GMs, etc. that broke out into unintentional comedy. He posted and posted and posted until amazingly some people decide to PAY HIM to read it, believing him to be some sort of insider.

I've witnessed his entire arc, from message board poster, to message board poster with some "inside" info, to message board poster in "full" insider mode, to EXPOSED fraud, to blogger, to blogger with "inside" info, to blogger in "full" insider mode, to EXPOSED fraud. I've looked on with amazement how people could be so willingly duped.

He's been exposed as a fraud over and over and over again, and yet people listen to the man. I'm convinced it's because they WANT to believe that they have some sort of connection to some mysterious "insider" who will give them access to what is really happening in offices around the league.
Whatever Eklund was 15 years ago has almost zero relevance to what he is doing today. There is nothing fraudulent about what he does, he's pretty explicit about what it is he does... and, whether you like it or not, he most certainly has connections and access to insider info now (it was even confirmed during the lockout or just after by Bob McKenzie -- pretty sure it was him -- that he did in fact have some legit connections for information).

At this point he has a website with a slew of undeniably connected folks (along with some very weak links). I visit HB regularly to read some of the other writers, and will occasionally check out what Eklund has to say (his accuracy has also seemed to improve over the last couple of years).

However, Eklund is unfiltered gossip... and unfiltered gossip is going to be 95% BS (no matter what subject matter you are covering). You cannot deny that he has access at this point, and therefore is a source of information -- even if of dubious quality for what is actually going to happen. I would never pay a cent to read his stuff, and think those that do are silly... but the vitriol sent his way is equally absurd.

Moreover, it's pure hypocrisy to celebrate Meltzer's rise to his position... and then trash Eklund's. Both of 'em have press credentials. I much prefer Meltzer's writing, but that's another matter.

Jester is offline  
Old
01-25-2011, 11:38 AM
  #197
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,575
vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun* View Post
He doesn't. Or at least he didn't. He has faked it long enough that he's cobbled together a few things. However, the vast majority of his information that is even half-assed correct comes from Tim P. Tim will throw him a bone every now and again.

Search for "Kukla's Korner Eklund" on Google.

Even guys like Greg Wyshynski who runs Yahoo's hockey site have reported on his fraudulent record.

Here is a story about how he created a bunch of alt-accounts to agree with himself on hockey websites.

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.ph...e_flyguy31_or/

It's just insane that he's taken seriously. For awhile when he first started he claimed to be a famous author who was independently wealthy based on the sales of his book.
I read that article and all it was were links to other articles that either are no longer there or are about him not paying winners in a contest. It is also Kukkla just saying that Eklund created multiple accounts (though he offered no proof, unless I missed it). If there is proof in that article, let me know because I would be interested in seeing it (not being sarcastic...I really couldn't tell what that article was saying beside Kukkla just saying stuff without backing it up).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun* View Post
http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.ph...ou_make_it_up/

That's a recent gem. A few days ago he totally made up a rumor about Toronto an Dallas. Just out of thin air.

The part about still telling people that he has a journalism degree from a university that doesn't offer one is particularly hilarious.
Haha, that is your proof that he makes it up? That another reporter said he talked to someone in the Stars that said it is ridiculous? All that proves is that whoever the Stars blogger spoke to said it isn't happening. That doesn't mean that it is happening, it just means that whomever Eklund talked to said it was talked about. Which is all Eklund claims to be reporting on. In that post from Eklund (which I read when it was originally posted) he said it was a RUMOR and that you should take it for what it is...A RUMOR! Just because another guy has another source that says it isn't happening, doesn't mean that Eklund didn't hear it from someone else. Is it really that hard to comprehend? Just because someone in the Stars organization that the Stars blogger spoke to said it isn't happening doesn't mean that Burke didn't call up and say hey how about this and then Niewendyk (sp?) said haha gtfo that is never happening.

DrinkFightFlyers is online now  
Old
01-25-2011, 11:40 AM
  #198
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I read that article and all it was were links to other articles that either are no longer there or are about him not paying winners in a contest. It is also Kukkla just saying that Eklund created multiple accounts (though he offered no proof, unless I missed it). If there is proof in that article, let me know because I would be interested in seeing it (not being sarcastic...I really couldn't tell what that article was saying beside Kukkla just saying stuff without backing it up).



Haha, that is your proof that he makes it up? That another reporter said he talked to someone in the Stars that said it is ridiculous? All that proves is that whoever the Stars blogger spoke to said it isn't happening. That doesn't mean that it is happening, it just means that whomever Eklund talked to said it was talked about. Which is all Eklund claims to be reporting on. In that post from Eklund (which I read when it was originally posted) he said it was a RUMOR and that you should take it for what it is...A RUMOR! Just because another guy has another source that says it isn't happening, doesn't mean that Eklund didn't hear it from someone else. Is it really that hard to comprehend? Just because someone in the Stars organization that the Stars blogger spoke to said it isn't happening doesn't mean that Burke didn't call up and say hey how about this and then Niewendyk (sp?) said haha gtfo that is never happening.
i for one would love to see how much he makes on that site yearly. That would be fasincating

jb** is offline  
Old
01-25-2011, 12:06 PM
  #199
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
i for one would love to see how much he makes on that site yearly. That would be fasincating
During the season they seem to get roughly 50K unique hits, and then jump to over 100K for a spurt when the UFA period opens (based entirely a free web analytic search). That will translate to decent cash flow, but almost surely not the "millions" quoted above unless they got some highly efficient advertising going on there. You add in however much they get from subscribers... and I'm sure the site is making decent money. The next factor is however much they are then doling out as overhead for the site and the various bloggers...

Jester is offline  
Old
01-25-2011, 12:25 PM
  #200
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
During the season they seem to get roughly 50K unique hits, and then jump to over 100K for a spurt when the UFA period opens (based entirely a free web analytic search). That will translate to decent cash flow, but almost surely not the "millions" quoted above unless they got some highly efficient advertising going on there. You add in however much they get from subscribers... and I'm sure the site is making decent money. The next factor is however much they are then doling out as overhead for the site and the various bloggers...
never lke to assume but i would think he isnt losing any money or he probably wouldnt be in business. 6 figures i guess, not bad

jb** is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.