Savard??? (new lines talk)

Old
01-24-2011, 08:40 PM
Baddkarma

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Baddkarma
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbruins1 View Post
TSN already confirmed its a concussion. He is out indefinitely.
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=350909

But to the topic. Seguin should go to center, Chia now has 4m in cap space to work with to bring in a good PMD/ a higher end of the talent pool scorer.
Damn, get well soon Mark and more than anything hockey related, stay healthy...

Baddkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 08:40 PM
CamTheMan

Paille does nothing for me and I would love for Caron to develop some chemistry with Seguin. I would say this team has 4 lines but he third and 4th would be 3a 3b. Wheeler on that 4th line was awesome. They played great and still got lots of time on ice.

Lucic-Krejci-Horton
Marchand-Bergy-Rex
Caron-Seguin-Ryder
Wheeler-Campbell-Thornton
Paille

CamTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 12:37 AM
microbrien
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Send a message via AIM to microbrien
After tonight, I feel like you have to at least try something a little different next game:

Slight Tweek 1
Lucic - Krejci - Ryder
Marchand - Bergeron - Recchi
Seguin - Wheeler - Horton
Paille - Campbell - Thornton

Slight Tweek 2
Marchand - Bergeron - Recchi
Wheeler - Krejci - Ryder
Lucic - Seguin - Horton

Slight Tweek 3
Lucic - Bergeron - Horton
Wheeler - Krejci - Ryder
Marchand - Seguin - Recchi

And if the Bruins find themselves down after two or just want to see what a real shake-up would do...

What The Hell
Wheeler - Bergeron - Recchi
Marchand - Seguin - Thorton
Caron - Krejci - Ryder
Lucic - Campbell - Horton

microbrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 08:49 AM
bosoxmrkn

Send a message via AIM to bosoxmrkn
Constant Mid Game Line Changes

This habit CJ has developed recently, where he starts playing with the lines mid-game... drives me nuts.

I am not one of the CJ haters. I think his system works and has shown some promise recently. However, this line flipping has seemingly done nothing to provide any offense in the games he's done it. What he is effectively doing is eliminating any chemistry some of the players have/will develop throughout the flow of a game.

Give them a few games together before you expect something. One period, in one game, on the last day of a road trip, 3000 miles from home with a long travel day the next day, and an injured teammate back home... The issue is not who is lines up with who.

Plus, it seems to come off as desperate.

If you want the Lucic - Krejci - Horton line to produce again, give them a couple of games to get reacclimated with each other. He broke them up in the 2nd period last night, and then proceeded to try both Ryder and then Wheeler on Krejci's wing. Do the flip flopping of lines in practices, not during the games.

Theres my rant for the day.

Does anyone have an example where CJ's flip flopping midgame (without an injury forcing the line changes) has actually produced for us?

bosoxmrkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 08:51 AM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

He's experimenting, trying to feel out a pretty young team, and figure out exactly what he has. We have a very comfortable lead on a postseason berth, so Julien is trying to find out what works and what doesn't so he knows what our options are once we get there. It's the same kinda meta-strategy we see sometimes in other sports where a team with a comfortable lead in their division starts playing their rookies and backups more to see what they have and what they can fall back on if the injury situation gets crazy later on.

It's not really about winning that one game, in fact it probably makes it harder to win any one game, but it definitely helps going forward to see different combination in action and find out who can play with who..

I'd rather have him in a position to do this then desperately clinging to the same line combos game after game, especially if someone goes down in the middle of a playoff series again.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 09:09 AM
bosoxmrkn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
He's experimenting, trying to feel out a pretty young team, and figure out exactly what he has. We have a very comfortable lead on a postseason berth, so Julien is trying to find out what works and what doesn't so he knows what our options are once we get there. It's the same kinda meta-strategy we see sometimes in other sports where a team with a comfortable lead in their division starts playing their rookies and backups more to see what they have and what they can fall back on if the injury situation gets crazy later on.

It's not really about winning that one game, in fact it probably makes it harder to win any one game, but it definitely helps going forward to see different combination in action and find out who can play with who..

I'd rather have him in a position to do this then desperately clinging to the same line combos game after game, especially if someone goes down in the middle of a playoff series again.
You make a good point, but I'd rather see him do these type of things when we have a lead in a game, or when we're out of a game completely rather than in a close one like last night.

It almost feels like you're throwing it in Thomas' face when he's standing on his head and you're juggling offensive lines just to get a feel for them.

And really?? Move it to the Savard post? This has absolutely NOTHING to do with Savard. He was doing this the entire time Savard was in the lineup.

Inept mods.

Old
01-25-2011, 09:39 AM
whatsbruin

Paille is the safe pick to be the replacement, but I don't want
the safe pick.

Paille will do nothing to help you win the game. I'd rather see the
best player from Prov come up and take Savards spot,
until he comes back.

Best wishes Marc.
Do whats best , what ever that might be, for you and your family.

whatsbruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 10:03 AM
the overrated
wicked overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosoxmrkn View Post
This habit CJ has developed recently, where he starts playing with the lines mid-game... drives me nuts.

I am not one of the CJ haters. I think his system works and has shown some promise recently. However, this line flipping has seemingly done nothing to provide any offense in the games he's done it. What he is effectively doing is eliminating any chemistry some of the players have/will develop throughout the flow of a game.

Give them a few games together before you expect something. One period, in one game, on the last day of a road trip, 3000 miles from home with a long travel day the next day, and an injured teammate back home... The issue is not who is lines up with who.

Plus, it seems to come off as desperate.

If you want the Lucic - Krejci - Horton line to produce again, give them a couple of games to get reacclimated with each other. He broke them up in the 2nd period last night, and then proceeded to try both Ryder and then Wheeler on Krejci's wing. Do the flip flopping of lines in practices, not during the games.

Theres my rant for the day.

Does anyone have an example where CJ's flip flopping midgame (without an injury forcing the line changes) has actually produced for us?
Interestingly, though, a big complaint against CJ for a long time was that he wasn't willing/able to juggle lines too much and just rolled out the same trios, even when it wasn't working.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

And in terms of your last question: I personally think he juggles the lines, to some extent, pretty regularly, so while I can't point out a particular game in which he did so & it worked, I am confident in saying that he has done so & it worked.

the overrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 12:13 PM
chsb

Looking at Seguin perform last night, I found that he was not strong enough on the puck to warrant a centerman job just yet. I would rather see Wheeler at center.

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 12:32 PM
Bill Ladd
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by the overrated View Post
Interestingly, though, a big complaint against CJ for a long time was that he wasn't willing/able to juggle lines too much and just rolled out the same trios, even when it wasn't working.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

And in terms of your last question: I personally think he juggles the lines, to some extent, pretty regularly, so while I can't point out a particular game in which he did so & it worked, I am confident in saying that he has done so & it worked.
Very true.

From what I've seen, he juggles the lines when things aren't working (evidenced by losses or shutouts), and sticks with the same combo's when the team is winning.

I can understand how fans get hunches about certain combo's or want to see their guy get to play with a certain player. I'm guilty of it myself, but I think the way CJ does it is perfectly logical and acceptable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
Looking at Seguin perform last night, I found that he was not strong enough on the puck to warrant a centerman job just yet. I would rather see Wheeler at center.
I thought Seguin looked excellent last night. Strong defensively, picked a few pockets along the walls, carried the puck with authority, made plays, drove the net, got in on the forecheck...

That's the best he's played in 5 or 6. I stick with Seg's in the middle from here on out.

Bill Ladd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 12:42 PM
22Brad Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
Very true.

From what I've seen, he juggles the lines when things aren't working (evidenced by losses or shutouts), and sticks with the same combo's when the team is winning.

I can understand how fans get hunches about certain combo's or want to see their guy get to play with a certain player. I'm guilty of it myself, but I think the way CJ does it is perfectly logical and acceptable.

I thought Seguin looked excellent last night. Strong defensively, picked a few pockets along the walls, carried the puck with authority, made plays, drove the net, got in on the forecheck...

That's the best he's played in 5 or 6. I stick with Seg's in the middle from here on out.
I do not see this team winning a Cup this yr,so may as well let him play and learn now.Better for down the road.

22Brad Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 01:35 PM
Dwatson783
@dwatson783

What I'd like to see:

Marchand-Bergeron-Recchi
Lucic-Krejci-Seguin
Caron-Wheeler-Horton
Thornton-Campbell-Ryder

LKS was starting to generate chances lately.

WCH would allow good puck movement on the boards, tire teams down some, be responsible defensively and ideally, simplify Horton's game while giving him more chances

Ryder slides down as a function of the other lines. Moves up to top 3 lines during games if guys ahead of him arent performing.

Dwatson783 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 01:59 PM
bosoxmrkn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatson783 View Post
What I'd like to see:

Marchand-Bergeron-Recchi
Lucic-Krejci-Seguin
Caron-Wheeler-Horton
Thornton-Campbell-Ryder

LKS was starting to generate chances lately.

WCH would allow good puck movement on the boards, tire teams down some, be responsible defensively and ideally, simplify Horton's game while giving him more chances

Ryder slides down as a function of the other lines. Moves up to top 3 lines during games if guys ahead of him arent performing.
Ryder really doesn't belong on the energy line. He's not an energy guy. No doubt he's more skilled than Paille, but I think Paille fits that role much better.

Old
01-25-2011, 02:09 PM
Dwatson783
@dwatson783

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosoxmrkn View Post
Ryder really doesn't belong on the energy line. He's not an energy guy. No doubt he's more skilled than Paille, but I think Paille fits that role much better.
likely- but for what he's making and the goals he's scoring, he'll stay in the line up unless he's moved. Because I don't think he has a place with the team in the long run, Id still go for the Ryder-Simmonds swap and put Simmonds there.

Even on the 4th line though, Ryder would be playing on the PP where he has contributed this season.

Dwatson783 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 02:10 PM
Caballo Blanco
2014 Conn Smythe

Ryder-Seguin-Horton
Lucic-Krejci-Sauve
Marchjand-Bergeron-Recchi
McGrattan-Campbell-Thornton

Chara-Kempfer
McQuaid-Boychuk