HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Mike Fisher... has no NMC?

Old
01-24-2011, 10:01 PM
Havok89

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dire wolf View Post
I'd do any of these deals. Fisher would be a great addition next year.
Vanek, ennis, roy 1st rounder for...

Fisher

Just to see Carie Underwood at sabres games

Havok89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 06:25 AM
HogtownSabresfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
No man, we can't afford to do something like that.
Why on earth do people here think Ottawa would do this deal? It's insane. They would not trade Fisher for Foligno. Fisher is not some third-line centre. I'm sorry. He's solid top six guy who kills penalties and plays on PP sometimes too. The Senators would want a Kassian or somebody closer to making it like Luke Adam. He still has two years left on his contract. He's not Hecht, a salary dump based on two of his last three years being dogs.

HogtownSabresfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 06:36 AM
Cujomi
YNWA

Yeah I don't know why you guys are trying to undersell us for Fisher. 40 - 50 point center with the most blocked shots of any forward, tons of hits, and a very strong two way game. Plus he brings Carrie Underwood with him. There's no way we give him up for someone like Foligno. Maybe Foligno and a 1st.

Maybe a deal surrounding Vanek and Fisher.

Cujomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 07:53 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPhoenixM View Post
Yeah I don't know why you guys are trying to undersell us for Fisher. 40 - 50 point center with the most blocked shots of any forward, tons of hits, and a very strong two way game. Plus he brings Carrie Underwood with him. There's no way we give him up for someone like Foligno. Maybe Foligno and a 1st.
I think that there would be a hard time getting a deal that works for both teams.

Realistically, the Sabres would have to give up a couple prospects that they don't want to give up to get Fisher, IF Ottawa were even willing to trade Fisher for prospects.

Kassian & Foligno for Fisher

Adam, Foligno, and a 4th for Fisher

Those are the types of deals that I would expect Ottawa to push for and they would likely be too rich for the Sabres.

The other tough part is that Ottawa has decent D prospect depth (Cowen, Rundblad, and Wiercioch are 1-2-3 on their HF list) and that is an area that the Sabres have some trade assets, as well.

Quote:
Maybe a deal surrounding Vanek and Fisher.
Vanek for Fisher, Cowen, and Rundblad?

WhoIsJimBob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 08:03 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
I don't think they have any need or use for Sekera or Butler. Foligno as a piece of the deal? It would hurt, on a personal level, but for two years of a 50-point, complete center? Add him in.

It's too bad Tropp is so ho-hum as a prospect at this point. If he was putting up good numbers, they might be more interested.

01-25-2011, 09:09 AM
Cujomi
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
I think that there would be a hard time getting a deal that works for both teams.

Realistically, the Sabres would have to give up a couple prospects that they don't want to give up to get Fisher, IF Ottawa were even willing to trade Fisher for prospects.

Kassian & Foligno for Fisher

Adam, Foligno, and a 4th for Fisher

Those are the types of deals that I would expect Ottawa to push for and they would likely be too rich for the Sabres.

The other tough part is that Ottawa has decent D prospect depth (Cowen, Rundblad, and Wiercioch are 1-2-3 on their HF list) and that is an area that the Sabres have some trade assets, as well.

Vanek for Fisher, Cowen, and Rundblad?

I was thinking Fisher and Wierchioch or Butler for Vanek.

Cujomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 10:36 AM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
I was thinking Fisher and Wierchioch or Butler for Vanek.
Absolutely not.

I think we can agree that Ottawa is not going to give up Fisher, and play against him six times a year, for what Buffalo would likely offer--namely, a package around Sekera, a mid-level prospect, and a pick. Similarly, Buffalo won't give up what Ottawa would require in return for having to play Fisher six times per year--namely, a package around someone like Adam.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 12:07 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Absolutely not.

I think we can agree that Ottawa is not going to give up Fisher, and play against him six times a year, for what Buffalo would likely offer--namely, a package around Sekera, a mid-level prospect, and a pick. Similarly, Buffalo won't give up what Ottawa would require in return for having to play Fisher six times per year--namely, a package around someone like Adam.
I would consider a package around Adam

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 12:17 PM
Rowley Birkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
I would consider a package around Adam
I hate coming here and having to agree with you all the time these days.

The Adam + Foligno + 4th deal I would do - IF they couldn't find a better option out there. If you are paying him that much he will be the 2nd line C for the majority of the time.

Rowley Birkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 01:57 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowley Birkin View Post
I hate coming here and having to agree with you all the time these days.

The Adam + Foligno + 4th deal I would do - IF they couldn't find a better option out there. If you are paying him that much he will be the 2nd line C for the majority of the time.
The bottom line.... we have a monster hole at center going into next year. And Roy's injury makes it even worse.

All options should be on the table within reason. Adam is NOT a blue chip prospect that CAN'T be parted with.

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 03:46 PM
jfb392

Quote:
capgeek #nhl #senators #sens It is correct that Mike Fisher's full NTC expired following the 2009-10 season. But there's more to it than that.
http://twitter.com/capgeek/status/30015537119494144

Quote:
capgeek #nhl #senators Mike Fisher was permitted to submit a 10-team no-trade list that applies from 2010-11 until the expiration of his contract.
http://twitter.com/capgeek/status/30015598998061056

http://capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=413

We're probably on that list.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote