HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3min 5 on 3 sinks Habs

Old
01-25-2011, 10:27 PM
JustAHabFan

vCash: 500
Something is really wrong with the team when DD is the best Habs tonight.

JustAHabFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
sheed36

When your top 2 lines are invisible you don't usually win games.. Pacs was the only positive out of the top 6 tonight IMO.. The rest were simply brutal...

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81
Martin is a freaking moron.
WTF are those PP units ?
Nobody in front of the net.
Darche only 54 seconds on the PP tonight and since he's the only one who parks his ass in the crease that means the Flyers got it very easy on the PK. Basically zero scoring chance.
Are we actually blaming Martin for not playing Darche enough on the power play??? Who could have predicted this 4 months ago...

DDs not undersized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Geez, anytime anyone says anything about the coach actually sharing the responsibility on l'anti-chambre, they all go nuts.
Well I would say they are right tonight, it's not Martin that has taken terribles penalties (the too many men was Subban fault I think)and was not caring in the third on the PP.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
Philly brings out the little girl in Pleks.
The Plek line was fine, if not the best, in the first period until those 3 penalties. Rewatch the first 15min of the game. (Oh and Plek is the first sent on the ice to kill those freaking penalties.)

Then, after the 3 goals, pretty much everyone played poorly, except the few young guys. Why single Plek out?

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but the boys almost looked 'scared' or 'timid' ... like they usually do when they face a physical team. Also, someone tell Eller to switch to wooden sticks, I'm sick and tired of watching him break 2-3 sticks a game, usually in important situations.

Our defense was pretty average tonight, lots of poor decisions, again probably relates to the whole size thing up front.

Can someone see if we lead the NHL in 'too many men penalties', we have to be close in this department.
This.

Even White wasn't playing his in your face, smash, smash type game.

Though, Richards probably skated by and told him to respect the game.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
overlords
Hfboards

Uh oh, michel bergeron is making sense.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 10:28 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
Haha didnt watch the games last spring i guess ! He's a farce ! Just like the rest of the Habs management, including behind the bench ! Embarassment !
So you're PG equivalent on HF.

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 10:29 PM
Hab-a-maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
Game was over 23 seconds into the second period. Habs basically whimpered through 40 minutes of hockey....sad way to start the break.

Habs playoff dream crashes if they have to play Philly.
That's why I hope we finish higher than 8th. We're likely not finishing 5th and I don't want to since it'd mean the Pens again. I'd rather draw the Bruins or Lightning in the 1st round.

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Can Habs fans learn that we didn't lose because we lacked toughness?

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. The players that keep killing us on the flyers are Giroux, Leino and Briere, their 3 smallest players. We are not losing because of toughness. We are losing because their skill just owns Martin's system which he refuses to adjust against the Flyers.
We lack toughness, it gives our skill players time and space.

Gomez, Pleky and Gionta were all making terrible passes because they can't get any space .... the entire 2-3 minutes in our zone where we didn't touch the puck was because we couldnt throw a single body check...their cycle KILLS us because cant match up physically.

Did you not see the series last year.... flyers crowd our net score through screens...Habs on the perimeter.....

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
Well I would say they are right tonight, it's not Martin that has taken terribles penalties (the too many men was Subban fault I think)and was not caring in the third on the PP.
No, but when there's a common problem all season long that goes untreated, it falls on the coach to find a solution. The bench minors are also piling up. I'm in no way saying the players should have no blame, but Martin is a part of this as well. So far most media have been way too easy on him, way too hard on the young guys like P.K, Price, Eller etc..

Old
TheBuriedHab

We haven't had our general Markov against the flyers for all the meetings in the past year.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 10:30 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysonlu View Post
The Plek line was fine, if not the best, in the first period until those 3 penalties. Rewatch the first 15min of the game.

Then, after the 3 goals, pretty much everyone played poorly, except the few young guys. Why single Plek out?
I was responding to a comment about Pleks playing poorly and was making a joke.

Believe me there's lots of blame to go around...not singling Pleks out.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
otto bond

I understand we can't win them all but comon, that was a brutal game and lacked passion.......and ......size
Gomez looked terrible and you love Gionta but ......small

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Stradale

Quote:
Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but the boys almost looked 'scared' or 'timid' ... like they usually do when they face a physical team. Also, someone tell Eller to switch to wooden sticks, I'm sick and tired of watching him break 2-3 sticks a game, usually in important situations.

Our defense was pretty average tonight, lots of poor decisions, again probably relates to the whole size thing up front.

Can someone see if we lead the NHL in 'too many men penalties', we have to be close in this department.
That's why that we need to get bigger, tougher if we want to beat them 4 out of 7 games in the playoffs or we'll get beat again.

I think we are second in the league in the too many men penalties department behind the lightning.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 10:31 PM
PyrettaBlaze

Everyone on L'Antichambre is *****ing at PJ Stock because he said Martin played a part in tonight's lost.

01-25-2011, 10:31 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Everyone on L'Antichambre is *****ing at PJ Stock because he said Martin played a part in tonight's lost.
It's hilarious. You could even feel the fear in Stock's voice before he said it.

Old
01-25-2011, 10:32 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post

Gomez, Pleky and Gionta were all making terrible passes because they can't get any space .... the entire 2-3 minutes in our zone where we didn't touch the puck was because we couldnt throw a single body check...their cycle KILLS us because cant match up physically.

Did you not see the series last year.... flyers crowd our net score through screens...Habs on the perimeter.....
People here swear toughness is not an issue.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
This.

Though, Richards probably skated by and told him to respect the game.
I love it when the king of delivering concussions, and knee injuries, speaks up about 'respect'.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post

Dude we hit 3 posts and scored 2 goals. We were also dominated the play until the three back-to back penalties in the first and dominated in the 2nd until the too many men on the ice. We also had multiple scoring chances that we just couldn't capitalize on.

The Flyers scored 3 PP goals, 2 on the 5 on 3. The game was far from what the score indicated. The Flyers just have a lot of skill and speed which is hard for our defense to handle.

We didn't lose the game because of a lack of toughness, we lost because we played stupid. There are far tougher teams in the nhl than the Flyers and we havent had problems with them. What kills us are the Flyers skilled, speedy smaller players...Giroux, Briere and Leino. Every time these guys kill us.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 10:33 PM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
No, but when there's a common problem all season long that goes untreated, it falls on the coach to find a solution. The bench minors are also piling up. I'm in no way saying the players should have no blame, but Martin is a part of this as well. So far most media have been way too easy on him, way too hard on the young guys like P.K, Price, Eller etc..
Jacques Martin is probably the most criticize men in hockey, I would say that the only place where he doesn't useless critics is at l'Antichambre (full of ex coach who like to protect themselves)or with Dany Dubé (most intelligent guy in MTL media). So I don't know why you are saying he doesn't get blame enough....

Bench minor are bad that's for sure but at the moment I recall at least 2 being Subban fault alone. And we perhaps had something like 6 of theses penalty in the season it's not a such big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
That's why that we need to get bigger, tougher if we want to beat them 4 out of 7 games in the playoffs or we'll get beat again.

I think we are second in the league in the too many men penalties department behind the lightning.
BUT GUY BOUCHER IS THE BEST COACH OF ALL-TIME

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 10:35 PM
Stradale

Who hates Gaston Therrien useless high-tech tv and boring explanation here?

Me.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 10:35 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
I love it when the king of delivering concussions, and knee injuries, speaks up about 'respect'.
He'll hit you from behind too.

Richards pretty much just looks for people in vulnerable positions to deliver a hit.

Flyers' fans think he's in Pk's head... Which is why Pk threw another 2 solid hits.

I also liked this facebook status from a friend of mine.

Quote:
les fans des flyers sont pire que les fans des penguins. Mike richards ferme ta yeule, Pronger tu me dégueule , P.K for the win

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 10:36 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
Jacques Martin is probably the most criticize men in hockey, I would say that the only place where he doesn't useless critics is at l'Antichambre (full of ex coach who like to protect themselves)or with Dany Dubé (most intelligent guy in MTL media). So I don't know why you are saying he doesn't get blame enough....

Bench minor are bad that's for sure but at the moment I recall at least 2 being Subban fault alone. And we perhaps had something like 6 of theses penalty in the season it's not a such big deal.
He gets a ton of flak from fans, but hardly any from the media.

Old
01-25-2011, 10:36 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Any else notice the two or three cross ice passes by Pleky to Subban who had to take it on the backhand and by the time he got turned around a Flyer was in his face!

why didn't we adjust and put Wiz in that spot? why is PK taking the point shots when he can't hit the net and Wiz can!!!

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote