HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

MDZ, Grachev, Dupont, Newbury, Kolarik down for Whale wknd games

Old
01-25-2011, 10:27 PM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
MDZ, Grachev, Dupont, Newbury, Kolarik down for Whale wknd games

So Del Zotto, Grachev, Kolarik, Newbury, Dupont down for the Whales weekend games

my question is who comes back up?

Does MDZ stay down or does he get back in the line up for say Gilroy? I imagine he stays down for now

Callahan should be back and with that I would say Dupont stays down. At that poiint who knows who else will be ready to return in a week

http://www.snyrangersblog.com/

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 10:35 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Good, they'll get valuable playing time.

Should be interesting to see who comes back from injury after the break.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 10:36 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

The only ones I'm interested in seeing back this year are Del Zotto and Newbury.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 10:39 PM
Vitto79

I really have no clue but have some hope Fedotenko, Christensen will be back for the first game with Callahan.................Prospal would be the wild card

I agree that Newbury is likely the first call up out of the F group given he's gritty and has more experience than the others sent down

Old
01-25-2011, 11:00 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Really hope they give Grachev another look. I think he didn't really get enough time on a line with Stepan and Wolski tonight and I think after a little bit more playing time with good players like that then his confidence, along with his production, would start to show some.

01-25-2011, 11:15 PM
rangers4ever2007

grachev and kolarik come back up and should probably stay until the foursome of dubinsky, christensen, fedotenko and prospal all return hopefully at 100%.

dubinsky will replace grachev, christensen will bump drury to the 4th line temporarily and kolarik to the bench but since he is not as important to the future as grachev, torts keeps him around as a spare 13th/14th guy. fedotenko replaces drury and then finally prospal will get kolarik sent to the whale taking avery's spot as a starter with sean being the extra forward.

Last edited by rangers4ever2007: 01-25-2011 at 11:29 PM. Reason: corrections on the sequence of guys coming back from injuries
rangers4ever2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 11:20 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
The only ones I'm interested in seeing back this year are Del Zotto and Newbury.
Really? I have no interest in seeing Newbury at all. Completely replaceable player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSportsfan6230 View Post
Really hope they give Grachev another look. I think he didn't really get enough time on a line with Stepan and Wolski tonight and I think after a little bit more playing time with good players like that then his confidence, along with his production, would start to show some.
Agreed. But, I also agree with the move to send him down. My assessment of him in his two games is this:

He looked really good against Washington - in fact, I thought he was one of the six best forwards playing in his limited ice time. And I think that Torts obviously saw it as well, since he got moved up in the second period. Tonight he was more tentative, but when he was shifted up to play with Stepan and Wolski in the third, they had a great scoring chance and he drew a penalty. Not nearly enough to keep him up in the pros, but again a sign of what'll be there eventually.

Seems like we're seeing the natural ups and downs of a player on his way to becoming a full time NHLer. (And I personally still think one with a chance to be a 30+ goal scorer.) Next time he comes up (or perhaps the one after that), we need to see a couple of games like the Washington game strung together, then he'll start to get time with more talented players, start scoring and eventually stick. In the meantime, he needs to go back down to CT, resume his good play and force the organization to make that next call-up sooner rather than later.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 11:28 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Del Zotto and Newbury. I love Newbury's game a lot.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 11:29 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers4ever2007 View Post
grachev and kolarik come back up and should probably stay until the trio of dubinsky, fedotenko and prospal all return hopefully at 100%.

dubinsky will replace grachev, fedotenko replaces kolarik but since he is not as important to the future as grachev, torts keeps him around as a spare 13th/14th guy and then finally gets sent to the whale once prospal takes avery's spot as a starter.
I disagree, there is no point in keeping Grachev as a spare forward. It is bad for his development. I think he either cracks the lineup or he gets send down, it's really what's best for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Really? I have no interest in seeing Newbury at all. Completely replaceable player.

Agreed. But, I also agree with the move to send him down. My assessment of him in his two games is this:

He looked really good against Washington - in fact, I thought he was one of the six best forwards playing in his limited ice time. And I think that Torts obviously saw it as well, since he got moved up in the second period. Tonight he was more tentative, but when he was shifted up to play with Stepan and Wolski in the third, they had a great scoring chance and he drew a penalty. Not nearly enough to keep him up in the pros, but again a sign of what'll be there eventually.

Seems like we're seeing the natural ups and downs of a player on his way to becoming a full time NHLer. (And I personally still think one with a chance to be a 30+ goal scorer.) Next time he comes up (or perhaps the one after that), we need to see a couple of games like the Washington game strung together, then he'll start to get time with more talented players, start scoring and eventually stick. In the meantime, he needs to go back down to CT, resume his good play and force the organization to make that next call-up sooner rather than later.
I agree with your assessment. Unfortunately I don't believe there is a spot on the team for him once we get healthy (if we ever do), but I definitely do like that he is starting to use his size more and he showed flashes of creativity. I am very interested to see how he plays once he matures some more. I don't think we should give up on him yet, I still see good potential.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 12:15 AM
Pizza

Good. Keep em playing.

Pizza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 12:16 AM
NYR Viper

Interesting MZA and McDonagh were not sent down. Are they going to be kept around for good now? I sure hope so.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 12:30 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Interesting MZA and McDonagh were not sent down. Are they going to be kept around for good now? I sure hope so.
I'm too tired to look it up, but I seem to remember that there is a clause in the CBA where players with a certain number of games in the NHL leading up to the All-Star break are not allowed to be assigned to the minors.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 12:32 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
I'm too tired to look it up, but I seem to remember that there is a clause in the CBA where players with a certain number of games in the NHL leading up to the All-Star break are not allowed to be assigned to the minors.
Then how would Del Zotto be sent down? Or do you mean just this season?

RANGERS =
we want cup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 12:42 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
I guess i'm in the minority that wasn't impressed with newbery.

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 12:46 AM
benneyb

McDonagh has been very solid. He should stay. He made three nifty little plays tonight alone, avoiding forechecks to make the first pass. I'm trying to be kind, but I don't think poor Wade Redden made 3 nifty plays in his entire NYR career.

benneyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 12:59 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Then how would Del Zotto be sent down? Or do you mean just this season?
Sorry, not total games played in a career, but in games leading up to the All-Star break.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 01:04 AM
Miller Time NYR
Wrong^

Glad to see they'll get viable playing time, as for who comes back mdz depends if girardi is ready. The way I look at it grachev,kolarik,newbury,,,,,,,,,,,,,,dupont in order of who would come back.

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 01:28 AM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Team must keep 20 players on roster. Hence no MZA or McD demotion. They need rest, anyway.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 02:41 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSide View Post
i was far more impressed with him in the preseason.

only 2 players i really want to see back up are Grachev and MDZ.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 05:01 AM
KingStian

Regardless of whether Zuccarello can be sent down or not, based on the number of games played in towards the break, it would be stupid of the organization to do so. He has performed at a level so far that does not indicate that he will be sent down again with the first, and then the risk of injury greater than the gain he will have of playing a few AHL games. He needs rest more than a few games until after the break.

KingStian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 08:20 AM
Vitto79

because it's likely a 4th line role I think Newbury is the first F back plus I could see him as a spare when some bodies get back

Del Zotto obviously I'm just not sure when. The PP sucks so before they go out and pick up a UFA rental Dman for the PP they may as well try DZ again. Who comes out though? Gilroy perhaps. Eminger hits so I don't think he comes out plus he's the vet on D now,lol

Old
01-26-2011, 08:46 AM
TrollololBoyle

I'd rather see Kolarik come back than Newbury, I know it's only one game, but the first game he played upon being called up left me very impressed.

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 09:43 AM
Gardner McKay
#4parsley

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSide View Post
Skill wise no. He is not much more skilled that Colton Orr. However he is not a liability on the ice, can stir the pot a bit, and can fight.

Weise I was REALLY not impressed with. Newbury, alot more.

Last edited by Gardner McKay: 01-26-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 09:48 AM
PBC9400

Anybody know more than I do about Prospal? He was reactivated from IR with Cally so I am wondering if he is coming back after the break or if this is just a roster move so they can send the youngsters back down to CT to play.

PBC9400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 10:01 AM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
I'd rather see Kolarik come back than Newbury, I know it's only one game, but the first game he played upon being called up left me very impressed.
Kolarik was good the 1st game and invisible the other games...Newbury adds an element this team lacks at the moment.

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote