HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will Wisniewski play for the habs next season?

View Poll Results: Will the Wiz remain a hab?
Yes he will 148 80.87%
No he won't 35 19.13%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-25-2011, 05:59 PM
Mathradio
Drive for 25

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I think if we can get him at a reasonable cap number(3.25 to 3.75 for 3-4 years) he's definitely staying based on his play so far. If he gets greedy on the monetary side or his play really goes downhill the last 25-30 games then I can see PG letting him walk and looking at a UFA. Anything above 4 mil we might be better off looking at Ehrhoff, Pitkanen or Kaberle(If they hit UFA).

I'm sure the Gill, Markov, Hamrlik and Spacek situations will affect Wiz to a certain extent. Right now Subban and Gorges are the only two guys pretty much guaranteed to be among the top 4-5 next year.
Kabs? Wouldn't he be more expensive than Wisniewski? I'd see teams with PMD holes willing to sign him for $5M+.

Plus Kabs, if placed on Subban's PP pair, would mostly pass the puck on the PP because his shot isn't like Subban's or Wisniewski's.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 06:15 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I'd be surprised if he's not. The Habs won't let him walk with the uncertainty of Markov.
Maybe not, but I don't think that gives him carte blanche to command what he wants either and for us to hand it out to him. Would you be okay if he wanted $5+ million? We still need to find a reliable top 4 D this offseason, to go along with retaining Markov and/or Wiz.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 10:05 PM
coolasprICE

so, the knock on Wiz from people who've seen him play throughout a season was that he's not that great in his own end, that he suffers from MAB syndrome (albeit, light case of it).

I think we all saw a glimpse of his disorder tonight.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 10:08 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
so, the knock on Wiz from people who've seen him play throughout a season was that he's not that great in his own end, that he suffers from MAB syndrome (albeit, light case of it).

The Wiz isn't MAB-level completely inept in his own end but when he's asked to handle a heavy defensive work load he will make tons of mistakes, as we saw tonight.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 10:58 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post

Just get Markov healthy and he'll cover up Wiz's mistakes.

googlymoogly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 11:03 PM
danyhabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
Just get Markov healthy and he'll cover up Wiz's mistakes.
I hope Markov can play better defence than he played in the couple games this year. He was pretty bad defensively.

danyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 11:41 PM
JustAHabFan

The way Wiz is playing tonight, I am not even willing to give him 3M/year. If he asks for anything above 4, just let him walk. We may get a better UFA defenseman if we are willing to spend 4-5M/year.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 04:46 AM
The Right Price

It's good that Wiz has some off games as well. Lowers his value a bit.

The Right Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 07:22 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
Kabs? Wouldn't he be more expensive than Wisniewski? I'd see teams with PMD holes willing to sign him for $5M+.

Plus Kabs, if placed on Subban's PP pair, would mostly pass the puck on the PP because his shot isn't like Subban's or Wisniewski's.
What I'm saying is taht if Wisniewski wants 4 mil or more and Kaberle, Ehrhoff and Pitkanen hit UFA I'd pay a bit more and sign one of those guys at 4.75 to 5.25 mil.

Nothing against Wisniewski but I don't think he is worth more than a 4 mil cap hit, so a cent more and I roll the dice on what's on the UFA market...maybe I end up with a #6 guy like Babchuk or Foster, a big shot that is passable defensively.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote