Notices

NJ/Calgary

Old
01-23-2011, 11:28 PM
luckyirish83

vCash: 500
NJ/Calgary

Just saw this on hockeybuzz.com and wanted to know what you guys think

To New Jersey: Jay Bouwmeester, Rene Bourque, Mikael Backlund, and a first and third round round pick.

To Calgary: Zach Parise, Brian Rolston, Bryce Salvador, Mattias Tedenby and Vladamir Zharkov

I for one would say this is all rubbish considering we don't have a first round pick to dish out to them...also i love Bouwmeester and Backlund so no thanks.

Although i really love Parise so maybe a Bourque and a Pardy to go with him could work

luckyirish83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 11:30 PM
luckyirish83

Also it is Eclund after all but fun to discuss

Old
01-23-2011, 11:39 PM
Signature
Robin Williams RIP

vCash: 50
Terrible. Dealing the players on our side separately wouldn't net us a Parise, but we'd most likely get better overall value in picks/prospects and not have to give up our first rounder, and going forward into the future of the Flames' roster development, I would think that's really important.

Signature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 11:49 PM
abracanada

Rolston has one year remaining over 5 million. Why would the Flames want to take that on?

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 12:02 AM
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan

Heeeeeeeeellllll no.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 12:06 AM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyirish83 View Post

To New Jersey: Jay Bouwmeester, Rene Bourque, Mikael Backlund, and a first and third round round pick.

To Calgary: Zach Parise, Brian Rolston, Bryce Salvador, Mattias Tedenby and Vladamir Zharkov

I for one would say this is all rubbish considering we don't have a first round pick to dish out to them...also i love Bouwmeester and Backlund so no thanks.

Although i really love Parise so maybe a Bourque and a Pardy to go with him could work
The Flames have their 1st round pick. It's the 3rd they don't have, which goes to show how ridiculous the rumor creator is.

In any case, the deal's rubbish. With Maclean/Langenbrunner gone and Lemaire in, the Devils have started to play well and are turning it around. There's no chance they make a trade like this. For the Flames, it'd be creating a hole on defense to fill a hole on offense (that wouldn't even help us now since Parise still injured). Besides, the Flames simply can't afford to move their 1st round pick.

And you're grossly overvaluing Bourque and Pardy or undervaluing Parise to think that's a remotely fair deal. And that' s ignoring the obvious fact that the Devils biggest need at the moment is an offensive/two-way defensemen.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 12:17 AM
luckyirish83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
The Flames have their 1st round pick. It's the 3rd they don't have, which goes to show how ridiculous the rumor creator is.

In any case, the deal's rubbish. With Maclean/Langenbrunner gone and Lemaire in, the Devils have started to play well and are turning it around. There's no chance they make a trade like this. For the Flames, it'd be creating a hole on defense to fill a hole on offense (that wouldn't even help us now since Parise still injured). Besides, the Flames simply can't afford to move their 1st round pick.

And you're grossly overvaluing Bourque and Pardy or undervaluing Parise to think that's a remotely fair deal. And that' s ignoring the obvious fact that the Devils biggest need at the moment is an offensive/two-way defensemen.
Yes you are correct about the fact that we have a first rounder..all i was saying is that we can't afford to dish out a first rounder is all!

As for over valuing bourque and Pardy, that is your opinion but i really think Bourque is a great player and could be put in a deal involving Parise who is still injured..maybe Regher then instead of Pardy. How long is Parise out for? All i'm doing is giving my 2 cents, not right and not wrong...just an opinion

Old
01-24-2011, 08:53 AM
Snoil11

Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
I would do it in a heartbeat, but the Devils would never.

Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 09:01 AM
BurnEmUp

I would take on Salvador and Rolston for one more year if it meant getting Parise, as long as we could get him locked up long term.

Plus Tedenby and Zharkov still have lots of upside.

BurnEmUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 09:28 AM
getoverit

Yep I would do it in a heartbeat, but it aint gonna happen

getoverit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 09:32 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:

Wow, that's too good.

Quote:
...also i love Bouwmeester and Backlund so no thanks.

I like Bouwmeester and Backlund too, but I'd trade either one in a heartbeat for Parise.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 10:21 AM
BurnEmUp

Just a stupid Eklund rumor, but just for the sake of discussion, this is what our line-up for 2011/12 would potentially look like if this trade happened, and.....

1) Parise moved to center
2) Kotalik loaned to Europe (like Huet)
3) Bolded are re-signed for the amounts listed
4) No other trades were made

FORWARDS
Alex Tanguay ($3.000m) / Zach Parise ($5.500m) / Jarome Iginla ($7.000m)
Niklas Hagman ($3.000m) / Olli Jokinen ($3.000m) / Brian Rolston ($5.062m)
Mattias Tedenby ($0.875m) / Matthew Stajan ($3.500m) / Vladimir Zharkov ($0.850m)
Tom Kostopoulos ($0.916m) / David Moss ($1.300m) / Tim Jackman ($0.550m)
Raitis Ivanans ($0.600m)

DEFENSEMEN
Mark Giordano ($4.020m) / Cory Sarich ($3.600m)
Robyn Regehr ($4.020m) / Bryce Salvador ($2.900m)
Tim Erixon ($0.975m) / Anton Babchuk ($1.750m)
Brendan Mikkelson ($0.600m)

GOALTENDERS
Miikka Kiprusoff ($5.833m)
Henrik Karlsson ($0.650m)

BUYOUTS: Nigel Dawes ($0.141m)

SALARY CAP: $62,400,000
CAP PAYROLL: $59,644,167
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $2,755,833

BurnEmUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 01:47 PM
abracanada

If Parise is like most young players who sign a new contract, I hope you folks are ready to have a very expensive player suck for the first year. Hey, wait a minute, isn't that what Bourque is doing?

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 09:10 AM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
I'm forked

vCash: 425
Friend of mine asked me to take a look at this thread (he's a CGY fan of course) just to get my take.

1) too many assets moving around for Lou to actually do it
2) too many long term players involved (Parise, Tedenby, Zharkov)
3) Eklund

I guess I could have just put 3 down but that's no fun.

At most a 2 for 2 or 2 for 1+ picks deal is all I could see NJ-CGY doing and it almost certainly won't be Parise. Tedenby maybe, Zharkov more probable. Salvador is just filler at this point with his injury issues and Rolston is a salary dump. I can't see any reason for either of these last two players to be involved if Parise isn't included and he wouldn't be. Parise & Kovalchuk are the left side for the next decade in NJ with Elias on his stretch run and Marty exiting soon also.

As far as the players offered from CGY's side I have no opinion on value really - you guys are the experts there but I do like Bourque and once upon a time longed for Bouwmeester on NJ but not sure I still do. I don't watch enough CGY games to really know how he's done since the Florida days.

Regardless the cap hits of the real positions in need for both sides make it almost impossible to piece together (which is why Rolston is in there to begin with). Pure Eklund smoke.

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Richer's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote