HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Boss not backing his player !!!

Old
01-20-2011, 04:02 PM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
The fact that JM said he spoke to PK about the goal celebration and the professional comment was the proof
in your world maybe, in reality it proves nothing.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 04:07 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
in your world maybe, in reality it proves nothing.
lol, ok buddy

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 04:18 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
I'm connecting the dots.

It be nice to get the interview on youtube. Obviously JM wasn't trashing PK, but he states he had a few words about his celebration and that PK is learning how to be a pro.

I mean, if he had no issue with the celebration it's pretty common sense that he would have answered " I did not speak to PK about it ''.

Old school vs new school -- in 10-20 years, we'll be looking back with laughs (and hopefully not regret) about how the entire league is treating PK
Or maybe he was assuring PK that he had no problem with it? I mean at least JM speaks to the players unlike a certain former Habs coach...

It's not because in your mind you would not speak to PK as a sign of approbation that JM works like that. We don't know how he is with the players, you can't make an assumption like that. But of course it's easy to jump the gun and bash the coach.

ThaDevilGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 05:01 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
Or maybe he was assuring PK that he had no problem with it? I mean at least JM speaks to the players unlike a certain former Habs coach...
Let's wait for Fel to post the video and we'll try to dissect the insinuation then ...

Quote:

It's not because in your mind you would not speak to PK as a sign of approbation that JM works like that. We don't know how he is with the players, you can't make an assumption like that. But of course it's easy to jump the gun and bash the coach.
Like I said, lets watch the video again

Old
01-20-2011, 06:51 PM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Let's wait for Fel to post the video and we'll try to dissect the insinuation then ...

Like I said, lets watch the video again
so you can keep speculating as to what JM meant ?

Old
01-20-2011, 06:54 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
so you can keep speculating as to what JM meant ?
or you can speculate further as to what he didn't mean?

Old
01-20-2011, 07:35 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

JM has been in pro hockey a loooong time.

Cut him some slack.

He may imply NOT want his players to make too many enemies around the league... No good ever comes from having enemies.

(other than great entertainment for the fans...)

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 05:31 AM
Habblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
lol @ this whole thread

I watched the interview, and there should not be a discussion right now. TSN was trying to bait Martin into bashing PK, and Martin handled the question properly with the "learning to be a Pro" line.
Are you telling me that pro hockey players don`t celebrate their overtime goals ?? give me a F##### break !!!! This should be a non issue. But because for whatever reason PK is being singled out by other players,HIS OWN COACH and the crappy media BS.

Habblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 05:35 AM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habblues View Post
Are you telling me that pro hockey players don`t celebrate their overtime goals ?? give me a F##### break !!!! This should be a non issue. But because for whatever reason PK is being singled out by other players,HIS OWN COACH and the crappy media BS.
so, you heard JM blaming the kid ??

Old
01-21-2011, 06:25 AM
PunkinDrublic*

JM at work !!!

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 06:43 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

It seems to me Martin has succeeded in his handling PK so far. Before he got suspended, the kid was all over the place, making mistakes. Now he came back down to Earth, and he's growing into a good D. And a big part of this is because of Martin.

So I welcome the tough love approach. It's the only way this team can succeed. It's why we were in the semi-finals last year.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 03:45 PM
Habblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
It seems to me Martin has succeeded in his handling PK so far. Before he got suspended, the kid was all over the place, making mistakes. Now he came back down to Earth, and he's growing into a good D. And a big part of this is because of Martin.

So I welcome the tough love approach. It's the only way this team can succeed. It's why we were in the semi-finals last year.
I hope you`re right !

Old
01-24-2011, 04:42 PM
Fire Everyone
Especially you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post

Subban was at his worst after he was made a healthy scratch.

Fire Everyone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 04:44 PM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman View Post
Subban was at his worst after he was made a healthy scratch.
Yup, for a handful of games... and since then he's playing great.

Old
01-24-2011, 05:18 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Common sense to me says he told him not to worry about it you're playing great. But it's not as fun or controversial so please, carry on with your lynch-mob.
Must be why PK apologized. They're are sucking the life out of this kid. It's sad to see. The only guy with any personality and they want to strip him of it and turn him into a freaking drone. If you think Martin was praising PK you're blind.

"It's part of the learning process" What is? Celebrating. What the hell was he on about? He did tone him down. No doubt about it.

Last edited by habsjunkie2*: 01-24-2011 at 05:23 PM.
habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 05:45 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
JM at work !!!

Worrie?? The irony is so ironic.

loudi94 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 08:46 AM
Habblues

I like his passion and we ALL want to see PK play with passion, that`s what makes him great. Just everyone (media and coaches) leave him alone and let him play his style.

Old
01-25-2011, 09:05 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Must be why PK apologized. They're are sucking the life out of this kid. It's sad to see. The only guy with any personality and they want to strip him of it and turn him into a freaking drone. If you think Martin was praising PK you're blind.

"It's part of the learning process" What is? Celebrating. What the hell was he on about? He did tone him down. No doubt about it.

I don't want to come back on that incident because I tend to look at the bigger picture. Maybe you're right, maybe I'm wrong, but it's irrelevant and old news anyway.

Point is PK is now arguably one of our best defensemen. His play is well rounded, he isn't taking as many penalties, he's in position, he's back to playing big minutes, is one of the PP quarterbacks, and the points are starting to pile up offensively.

JM is no fool my friend. You don't coach over a thousand games in a league where coaches last on average 6 months and win well over half of them by luck. He knows what he's doing.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 09:39 AM
dutchy29

LOL at anyone making this a black and white issue. Was Martin justified? was he not? in making Subban a healthy scratch. "Oh Subbans playing well", Martin must be a great coach, "Oh Subban had a bad stretch after being sat Martin will ruin him." Sorry but I just find anymore these boards are containing a lot of people who are devisive in their thinking. Too much "I'm right, your wrong" A bit cynical I know but I'm sure there are lots of variables to these situations that we will never know. I feel Subban is too good of a player to not "make it" in the NHL. Right now hes playing on a team who has two major injuries in that position, and he is amongst our only puck moving defenceman, Our other d-men are aging, a couple may not even return next season. I feel Martin needs to find the right chemistry with this player to help him develop and help this team, So far things seem to be working well. We are competeing at a high level with out our all-star dman, and Pk is playing well, big minutes, PP, everything.
I don't believe Martin has the option to ruin this player, he needs him.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 09:48 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchy29 View Post
LOL at anyone making this a black and white issue. Was Martin justified? was he not? in making Subban a healthy scratch. "Oh Subbans playing well", Martin must be a great coach, "Oh Subban had a bad stretch after being sat Martin will ruin him." Sorry but I just find anymore these boards are containing a lot of people who are devisive in their thinking. Too much "I'm right, your wrong" A bit cynical I know but I'm sure there are lots of variables to these situations that we will never know. I feel Subban is too good of a player to not "make it" in the NHL. Right now hes playing on a team who has two major injuries in that position, and he is amongst our only puck moving defenceman, Our other d-men are aging, a couple may not even return next season. I feel Martin needs to find the right chemistry with this player to help him develop and help this team, So far things seem to be working well. We are competeing at a high level with out our all-star dman, and Pk is playing well, big minutes, PP, everything.
Definitely there are a bunch of other factors involved in why PK is where he is right now. You mentionned them but injuries are a huge one obviously, Spacek not being able to carry the minutes he used to etc...

But that doesn't mean JM shouldn't get any of the credit. He did what anyone in an NHL coaching position for so long would. Stick to your basic philosophies, do what you think is best for that player and hope that it will benefit your team and that player in the long run. A lot of people would have folded under the pressure involved in benching a home-town favourite like PK. Martin didn't flinch, did what he thought was best and it payed off so far.

People are saying he's ruining/stiffling the kid. I think the polar opposite. He's helping him become a more complete defenseman.

Old
01-25-2011, 05:11 PM
LowBallFern

Quote:
---------------------------------------
This is definitely a black and white issue!!!!

This board is white and the writing is in black....Take away the black and this board is coulourless......lol

LowBallFern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 12:13 AM
TeckThaSome

Quote:
We'll never go far with Martin and Gauthier's just a pale copy of Gainey... Put PK Subban with another team and see how fast he could progress.. things always have to be different in Montreal.. all the players that can make us look like an actual normal NHL team, we let them go.. we had a big defenceman in O'Byrne, we let him go.. We had a big forward in Latendresse, we let him go.. we had a potential agitator in Lapierre, we let him go... All of that under the JM reign.. so i wouldn't be surprised if soon PK's departure would occur.. if even the ******* captain can't keep things in order in the locker room, i wouldnt expect JM to.. people seem to forget that the team's veterans were the reason why Subban was a healthy scratch..

TeckThaSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 12:19 AM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
I don't want to come back on that incident because I tend to look at the bigger picture. Maybe you're right, maybe I'm wrong, but it's irrelevant and old news anyway.

Point is PK is now arguably one of our best defensemen. His play is well rounded, he isn't taking as many penalties, he's in position, he's back to playing big minutes, is one of the PP quarterbacks, and the points are starting to pile up offensively.

JM is no fool my friend. You don't coach over a thousand games in a league where coaches last on average 6 months and win well over half of them by luck. He knows what he's doing.
The penalty that Subban got tonight caused a 5-3 and cost us one goal. Another penalty for too many man on the ice cost us another goal. Subban is one of the main contributor for our loss tonight. He has to learn not taking stupid penalties that will cost his team the game.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 12:38 AM
TeckThaSome

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
The penalty that Subban got tonight caused a 5-3 and cost us one goal. Another penalty for too many man on the ice cost us another goal. Subban is one of the main contributor for our loss tonight. He has to learn not taking stupid penalties that will cost his team the game.
i didnt see the too many men penalty but i laughed hearing that it was AGAIN for too many men though lol.. really ? it was subban's fault ?

TeckThaSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 10:23 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
I'm not really sure what you're getting at. You're using one game as reference to take everything I said out of context. Plus that one hander on the 5 on 3 last night goes uncalled 99% of the time. I really don't get what you are saying and I certainly wouldn't peg the loss on PK last night. Maybe PK was responsible for the too many men though if that's the case I missed that.