HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Columbus Thread III (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

Closed Thread

Old
01-13-2011, 08:42 PM
KelVarnsen
Trade Etem!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jktsfan View Post
Lower bowl 104 is directly in the visiting bench area. Row A would be closest and then b next closest and so on. Sec. 103 would be home bench. Parts of 105 are still close to the visitors bench. Not many bad seats at all in Nationwide but if you want upper bowl (cheaper of course) stick to 215 through 218 and 201 through 205 for a better experience. Enjoy the game.
Thank you. I appreciate the info!

Old
01-13-2011, 09:23 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by jktsfan View Post
Lower bowl 104 is directly in the visiting bench area. Row A would be closest and then b next closest and so on. Sec. 103 would be home bench. Parts of 105 are still close to the visitors bench. Not many bad seats at all in Nationwide but if you want upper bowl (cheaper of course) stick to 215 through 218 and 201 through 205 for a better experience. Enjoy the game.
Correct except there is no row A or B in 103 and 104 - first row behind the benches is C.

Old
01-13-2011, 10:37 PM
Fuzzy D

Friend bailed on me for tomorrow night so I have two extra tickets for section 201 row C. $44 face value each. Would sell the pair for $40. PM if interested.

*SOLD!

Last edited by Fuzzy D: 01-14-2011 at 01:13 PM.
Old
01-14-2011, 08:12 AM
Bobcat110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat110 View Post
I have a single Red Wing game ticket available. $85 Face Value, Asking $30. Section 102 Row Q.
Anyone want it for $20?

I can e-mail/accept Paypal.

Old
01-14-2011, 01:09 PM
Cambion

Quote:
Anyone want it for $20?

I can e-mail/accept Paypal.
Would be all over it if it was a pair,

Old
01-14-2011, 01:10 PM
Cambion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy D View Post
Friend bailed on me for tomorrow night so I have two extra tickets for section 201 row C. $44 face value each. Would sell the pair for $40. PM if interested.

message sent

Old
01-18-2011, 09:14 PM
RayP

vCash: 50
I'm possibly interesting in going to the Blackhawks game in Columbus in March, but not entirely sure yet since it's a 9 hour drive. I just recently made a 5 hour drive for the recent game with them vs. the Preds, and it was a great time. How is the general atmosphere in Columbus for a Friday night game? Also, any suggestions on hotels, and things to possibly do on Saturday before heading back home? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Also, if anyone has any ticket suggestions, that'd be awesome as well. Right now I see pair in row F, section 116 on StubHub for about $70/tic... really hard to not buy those right now.

Old
01-18-2011, 09:41 PM
kirsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
I'm possibly interesting in going to the Blackhawks game in Columbus in March, but not entirely sure yet since it's a 9 hour drive. I just recently made a 5 hour drive for the recent game with them vs. the Preds, and it was a great time. How is the general atmosphere in Columbus for a Friday night game? Also, any suggestions on hotels, and things to possibly do on Saturday before heading back home? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Also, if anyone has any ticket suggestions, that'd be awesome as well. Right now I see pair in row F, section 116 on StubHub for about $70/tic... really hard to not buy those right now.
$70 a ticket! That's he--a expensive. If you are a student I would think about student tickets but those aren't guaranteed so... do what you see fit There might be some ticket promotions that game. Those deals are pretty sweet (check out the bluejackets.com schedule for that info). Most views are pretty good. Personally I hate glass seats and would rather sit in the upper bowl corners/center ice or behind the net lower bowl.

Friday games are pretty fun (even weeknight games with 10,000 people are fun). Blackhawks draw a big crowd (sellout) and it will be crazy (like you are in the United Center...). I don't know much about area hotels because I stay in my house ()

There is a lot to do in Columbus. It depends what you like and what you don't have in Atlanta that we have (I am unfamiliar with the city, btw...). The zoo is great (attached aquarium in zoo is lame), but about 20 minutes away from downtown. There is a waterpark there too. There are some cool malls around but those are very... mallish (easton, polaris). The Short North is very cool and very local. Lots of neat shops and things to eat (jeni's ice cream comes to mind). you should check out the north market, right by the area, also lots of local meats, cheeses, beers, salsas, food, etc. There are a lot of great golf courses in Columbus.

Other people have cooler ideas than me, I'm sure

Old
01-19-2011, 08:36 AM
Bobcat110

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
For best atmosphere, wait another week and do the Sabres game. It will definately sellout because it's the last home game of the year and because of the busses of drunk Sabres fans. The Blue Jackets do lots of giveaways for the last game of the season, including the "game jerseys off the player's backs" promo which has the players come out after the game and sign over their sweaty jerseys to "randomly selected" fans. The only thing that is obsurd is that there will be at least one Sabres fan on the ice getting a signed game worn jersey while thousands of season ticketholders watch from the stands. The Blackhawks game should draw well too, but I doubt a sellout unless CBJ are still in playoff hunt.

For hotel, I usually bid $45 on Priceline for a "3* Downtown Columbus" hotel. I've been placed in the Hyatt Regency (1 block), Doubletree (4 blocks), Rennaissance (5 blocks) or Hyatt on Capital Square (7 blocks). Even with taxes/fees, you can often spend less than $60 for a nice hotel room in walking distance of the arena.

For tickets, the Blue Jackets have their own resale site that allows season ticket holders to sell their tickets. You get an immediate e-mail with printable tickets upon payment. Since the game is still a couple months out, there's not much inventory yet, but season ticketholders will start listing their seats as we get closer to the game. https://teamexchange.ticketmaster.co..._ARTIST_140X65

Last edited by Bobcat110: 01-19-2011 at 08:43 AM.
Old
01-19-2011, 10:42 AM
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
For best atmosphere, wait another week and do the Sabres game. It will definately sellout because it's the last home game of the year and because of the busses of drunk Sabres fans. The Blue Jackets do lots of giveaways for the last game of the season, including the "game jerseys off the player's backs" promo which has the players come out after the game and sign over their sweaty jerseys to "randomly selected" fans. The only thing that is obsurd is that there will be at least one Sabres fan on the ice getting a signed game worn jersey while thousands of season ticketholders watch from the stands. The Blackhawks game should draw well too, but I doubt a sellout unless CBJ are still in playoff hunt.

For hotel, I usually bid $45 on Priceline for a "3* Downtown Columbus" hotel. I've been placed in the Hyatt Regency (1 block), Doubletree (4 blocks), Rennaissance (5 blocks) or Hyatt on Capital Square (7 blocks). Even with taxes/fees, you can often spend less than $60 for a nice hotel room in walking distance of the arena.

For tickets, the Blue Jackets have their own resale site that allows season ticket holders to sell their tickets. You get an immediate e-mail with printable tickets upon payment. Since the game is still a couple months out, there's not much inventory yet, but season ticketholders will start listing their seats as we get closer to the game. https://teamexchange.ticketmaster.co..._ARTIST_140X65
Well, I'm a Blackhawks fan born and raised in Chicago, so that's why I want to go that game. I really don't care to see a Sabres game this year, with their play, or lackthereof.

Sounds good about the hotel. We just did that for the Nashville game, on Hotwire I think, and were fairly disappointed with the results. The one hotel that is a mile+ away from the stadium, and on the other side of the expressway, is of course the hotel we get. Still had a blast though, and taking a cab isn't the end of the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirsi View Post
$70 a ticket! That's he--a expensive. If you are a student I would think about student tickets but those aren't guaranteed so... do what you see fit There might be some ticket promotions that game. Those deals are pretty sweet (check out the bluejackets.com schedule for that info). Most views are pretty good. Personally I hate glass seats and would rather sit in the upper bowl corners/center ice or behind the net lower bowl.

Friday games are pretty fun (even weeknight games with 10,000 people are fun). Blackhawks draw a big crowd (sellout) and it will be crazy (like you are in the United Center...). I don't know much about area hotels because I stay in my house ()

There is a lot to do in Columbus. It depends what you like and what you don't have in Atlanta that we have (I am unfamiliar with the city, btw...). The zoo is great (attached aquarium in zoo is lame), but about 20 minutes away from downtown. There is a waterpark there too. There are some cool malls around but those are very... mallish (easton, polaris). The Short North is very cool and very local. Lots of neat shops and things to eat (jeni's ice cream comes to mind). you should check out the north market, right by the area, also lots of local meats, cheeses, beers, salsas, food, etc. There are a lot of great golf courses in Columbus.

Other people have cooler ideas than me, I'm sure

Well, the tickets in that section, and in comparable sections, are going for well over $100... so in comparison to that, it doesn't seem so bad. And they won't be directly on the glass, they'll be exactly where I prefer actually. Very close to the action, but high enough you still get a bit of a birds view aspect. I'll have to check out the student thing, but not sure it will apply depending on if/where I get the tickets from.

Ideally, I'd hit up a bar prior and after the game... but not really sure on Saturday. Wouldn't stick around too long, but probably find somewhere to get lunch, and hit up the main local attraction they have, if there is one. Would love to golf out there, but won't have the time. Probably would prefer to just get back home, so I'm not too tired from all the drinking and the long drive back.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Old
01-19-2011, 06:28 PM
Bobcat110

Puckrakers is asking about CBJ fans buying tickets through the "Scorebig.com" site. Anyone have a scoop on what that site is and what they were offering? Also, weird that you have to be asked to be a member to receive the offers. It seems strange that reporter wants to do some research on a site that sells CBJ tickets only to invited members.

Old
01-20-2011, 12:10 PM
Bobcat110

Offering 2 tickets for Anaheim Ducks next Tuesday. Section 205, Row A. Asking $30/each (Face $44/each).

Old
01-22-2011, 10:38 AM
Jackets Woodchuck

I saw in the program (was at the Wings game) that Subway has a promotion where one can buy 4 subs and get a voucher to buy 4 tickets for $5 each. I live in Cleveland (i.e. can't get to Nationwide to redeem easily). If there's an anybody who has a voucher they aren't using (already have enough, are an STH, etc.), I'll PayPal (or whatever method of Payment you prefer) you the $20 plus the shipping charges if you could get me 4 for the 2/16 game against the Kings.

Last edited by Jackets Woodchuck: 01-22-2011 at 04:13 PM.
Old
01-23-2011, 10:03 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 1138
curious what folks here think of the "Arch City Army" might not have heard of them unless you have twitter, but they're a fan group, organized by the same folks that do the same thing at the Crew games.

They're touchy about the name, so never mind that, just know that at some point until 1910 or so, C-bus was known for arches on High St.

http://www.archcityarmy.com

I've had some interactions with them early on, some positive, some negative. Either way, I can appreciate what they're trying to do by bringing spirit to Nationwide. Thoughts?

Old
01-23-2011, 10:07 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

the premise works and I'm excited about...i worry about the execution...i'll probably join in in a month or so and see how it goes...if it doesn't work out, i'm out $20 or so...

Old
01-24-2011, 09:51 AM
Bobcat110

Sold

Last edited by Bobcat110: 01-29-2011 at 09:29 PM.
Old
01-24-2011, 04:05 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
the premise works and I'm excited about...i worry about the execution...i'll probably join in in a month or so and see how it goes...if it doesn't work out, i'm out $20 or so...
surprising that only one person has commented...wrong thread I guess! :^)

Old
01-24-2011, 04:40 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooten View Post
My only comment is about the name, and since you aknowledged they are edgy about that, I thought I'd refrain. But, here goes:

It seems to me that NO ONE will recognize the obscure historical reference the "arch" brings. And, after just returning from the game in St. Louis, I can tell you "arch city army" brings to my mind that city... and I imagine it would for 98% of the Columbus locals and 100% of people living outside Cbus. So, why go there?

Old
01-24-2011, 05:27 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
My only comment is about the name, and since you aknowledged they are edgy about that, I thought I'd refrain. But, here goes:

It seems to me that NO ONE will recognize the obscure historical reference the "arch" brings. And, after just returning from the game in St. Louis, I can tell you "arch city army" brings to my mind that city... and I imagine it would for 98% of the Columbus locals and 100% of people living outside Cbus. So, why go there?
yeah, my comment to them was if they are associated with the hudson street houligans...find a way to work in nationwide blvd or something...or the one that was posted to the FB page was the Union Army...i liked that one

Old
01-24-2011, 05:39 PM
Bobcat110

Quote:
Well...since you've asked twice...Frankly, I don't get what they're about. What's the connection that they are making between the Crew and CBJ? I know the Jacket Backers have been around for years and have sanctioned events (arena tours, road trips, viewing parties). Maybe these guys don't realize it?

They seem very immature when they can't take constructive criticism. My impression, since they think they are inventing something that hasn't been done before, is that they don't feel the Jacket Backers fits their social demographics. Maybe they want a group for teens/college age fans, and see the Jacket Backers as a fan group more geared to the older crowd (Mid-20s +).

Old
01-24-2011, 05:48 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
Well...since you've asked twice...Frankly, I don't get what they're about. What's the connection that they are making between the Crew and CBJ? I know the Jacket Backers have been around for years and have sanctioned events (arena tours, road trips, viewing parties). Maybe these guys don't realize it?

They seem very immature when they can't take constructive criticism. My impression, since they think they are inventing something that hasn't been done before, is that they don't feel the Jacket Backers fits their social demographics. Maybe they want a group for teens/college age fans, and see the Jacket Backers as a fan group more geared to the older crowd (Mid-20s +).
They knew about JB because several folks pointed it out when they started out saying they were the first fan group. It's clear to me from what they've said that you're 100% right. They basically see the JB as a boring group with official ties to the team and incapable of doing whatever it is they plan to do.

I honestly think they just see it as a way to channel their passion for the team, dragging some soccer folks in to get drunk with them. Will be interesting if it takes off. The problem I see coming is how it will go over with the organization. They've no problem telling CBJ fans who dare question the name to screw off, wonder what they'll tell the usher the first time he asks them to watch their language or put down the banners or put away the air horns.

I love the idea of bringing energy into the arena, though. Just afraid that it will be classless, drunken and angry energy that will be embarrassing. If my season tickets were near 227, I'd be concerned if they'd make it more fun or less fun at this point. Time will tell. it could very well be that I'm just too old and uptight to get into such things anymore

Old
01-24-2011, 06:14 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

i know one thing...in the two years or so i've been involved with the JBs there's no better fun for a hockey trip than the yearly bus trip...

I love the noredecke concept, but as mentioned, if you're a new group, you have to be open to what ppl suggest...heck the JBs are always asking for input on new concepts, things to do, fresh ideas, etc...i personally feel its more b/c its the same ppl suggesting stuff, but there's several non hockey things some of us do together and yes that crowd is mid 20-mid 30s but there definately isn't a stigmata as far as i'm concerned about any age issues since i believe it ranges from early 20s to 70s...

(plus when a woman in her 70s makes 200 jello shots for the group, it can't be all bad!)

Old
01-26-2011, 10:29 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
Don't know, maybe they just changed it. I have the list right hear and it states Tax not included, no refunds or exchanges on any game worn or game used merchandise.

But I do think you will be ok with the gift card.

I have been thinking of picking up a training camp jersey just not sure what one to get. Maybe a Johanson before he become a star.
I picked up a white tc Johanson jersey last night and they did add tax to the ticket price. Also they would not let me use my sth 15% blue line discount.

Old
01-26-2011, 10:32 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
curious what folks here think of the "Arch City Army" might not have heard of them unless you have twitter, but they're a fan group, organized by the same folks that do the same thing at the Crew games.

They're touchy about the name, so never mind that, just know that at some point until 1910 or so, C-bus was known for arches on High St.

http://www.archcityarmy.com

I've had some interactions with them early on, some positive, some negative. Either way, I can appreciate what they're trying to do by bringing spirit to Nationwide. Thoughts?

They could be heard well down in the lower bowl, but most of the chants did not work. Stick with the old stand by "let's go Jackets".

Old
01-26-2011, 02:51 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
They could be heard well down in the lower bowl, but most of the chants did not work. Stick with the old stand by "let's go Jackets".
I thought they did a pretty good job considering it was only 40 or so. I've heard lots of positives from people near them as well as CBJ staff and their members. Not sure I dig the booing the other team every time they touch the puck, but energy of any kind is nice. It was one of those typical rowdy weekday crowds with or without them, but they did help. It would be interesting to see what they could do among a bigger crowd.

Looking forward to their next attempt, I really was pleasantly surprised at how they did and I love their passion.

-John

Closed Thread