HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Giroux on Missanelli's show

Old
01-26-2011, 03:15 PM
MCAKES

vCash: 500
Giroux on Missanelli's show

Should be on the website sooner than later. Claude was quite reserved in his answers... to say the least

MCAKES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 03:42 PM
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic

Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAKES View Post
Should be on the website sooner than later. Claude was quite reserved in his answers... to say the least
Huh? Do you work for 97.5?

What's with all this hockey attention from radio stations all of a sudden?

might2mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 03:46 PM
ihatebraydenschenn

I can't help but listen to that show on the way home, but jesus christ, Mike Miss is such an ass sometimes, and the way he disregards the Flyers seriously annoys me. Yesterday he said we'd lose to the Canadiens because we were about to head into a break. Good call Mike, good call.

His remarks on soccer and the World Cup topped it off last summer.

ihatebraydenschenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 03:57 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by might2mash View Post
Huh? Do you work for 97.5?

What's with all this hockey attention from radio stations all of a sudden?
You can only talk about the Eagles not telling anyone anything, and wait out the Phillies opening spring training for so long.

Did Claude hit back?

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 04:53 PM
Phileeguy
Thanks, Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by galvo View Post
I can't help but listen to that show on the way home, but jesus christ, Mike Miss is such an ass sometimes, and the way he disregards the Flyers seriously annoys me. Yesterday he said we'd lose to the Canadiens because we were about to head into a break. Good call Mike, good call.

His remarks on soccer and the World Cup topped it off last summer.
Well unless you've got satellite radio you have two options for the afternoon/drive home in terms of sports talk radio in town. One is Mike Miss who almost never talks hockey, and the other is the Burger King look-alike and Ike Reese who almost never talk hockey (but to be fair I notice Ike actually trying to take an interest when it's being brought up if I listen). Then again they play to their audiences and callers, most of whom are more willing to talk Eagles/Phils.

I find the only one who consistently in this town is interested in talking Flyers, has a show and that isn't intolerable to listen to sometimes (I'm looking at you Cataldi) is Glen Macnow. Macnow was high on Bob before most people too.

Of course I might be way off base here, I haven't listened in to either station in quite a while.

Phileeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 05:11 PM
46zone
Guttersnipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phileeguy View Post
Well unless you've got satellite radio you have two options for the afternoon/drive home in terms of sports talk radio in town. One is Mike Miss who almost never talks hockey, and the other is the Burger King look-alike and Ike Reese who almost never talk hockey (but to be fair I notice Ike actually trying to take an interest when it's being brought up if I listen). Then again they play to their audiences and callers, most of whom are more willing to talk Eagles/Phils.

I find the only one who consistently in this town is interested in talking Flyers, has a show and that isn't intolerable to listen to sometimes (I'm looking at you Cataldi) is Glen Macnow. Macnow was high on Bob before most people too.

Of course I might be way off base here, I haven't listened in to either station in quite a while.
No, you're right. Glen and Anthony talk Flyers fairly often, and to be honest they might be the only show worth listening to at all.

46zone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 06:23 PM
PALE PWNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
You can only talk about the Eagles not telling anyone anything, and wait out the Phillies opening spring training for so long.

Did Claude hit back?
WIP still only talks Eagles Phillies

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 06:42 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
WIP still only talks Eagles Phillies
Not necessarily.

Old
01-26-2011, 07:41 PM
rWoHockeyman88

Mike Miss found a way back on Philly radio? Forgive me I live in Richmond, VA, so I only get to listen online at work, and filters went up on internet radio a year or 2 ago. Last I heard, he choked out some guy during a satelite with WIP and he got canned. Not a fan of Mike Miss, but I always liked Anthony Gargano and Glen Macnow though!

rWoHockeyman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 07:54 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
I get sick of all the radio guy in the Philly area.

However, Jones on the morning show is cool. At least he was on it the yesterday.

I'm a fan of Rob Ellis. The late night guys aren't too bad. I can't think of the other late night guy.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 09:00 PM
PALE PWNR

Quote:
Not necessarily.
They'll talk flyers if someone calls in and mentions Flyers on the side then immediately talk about Eagles defense sucking and what they need to do to upgrade it over the offseason, Cliff Lee is god's gift to Philadelphia sports and are we still mad about Jayson Werth taking the money in Washington? Hockey is an afterthought no matter who is on. They could blow out a team 15-0 and the biggest story of the day on WIP is Mike Vick still a candidate for MVP.

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 09:14 PM
Razor the Goalie
Can I Get a Hot Tub

Mike Miss is frankly a joke, he bounces around until someone calls him out and then acts like a school girl gets fired and ends up on a different network and that little punk John Marx who has called out Mike Richards many times on the radio.

:/ All they can talk about is the depth chart at middle linebacker on a team that defines a cash cow.

Razor the Goalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 09:17 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
They'll talk flyers if someone calls in and mentions Flyers on the side then immediately talk about Eagles defense sucking and what they need to do to upgrade it over the offseason, Cliff Lee is god's gift to Philadelphia sports and are we still mad about Jayson Werth taking the money in Washington? Hockey is an afterthought no matter who is on. They could blow out a team 15-0 and the biggest story of the day on WIP is Mike Vick still a candidate for MVP.
Well after the Ottawa game, they were talking about the Flyers. At least they were at 2am when I was listening.

Today alone on the midday show they talked to Peter Laviolette and ASF, and chatted to themselves about Bobrovsky for at least 20 minutes.

Old
01-26-2011, 09:24 PM
rWoHockeyman88

Quote:
Well after the Ottawa game, they were talking about the Flyers. At least they were at 2am when I was listening.

Today alone on the midday show they talked to Peter Laviolette and ASF, and chatted to themselves about Bobrovsky for at least 20 minutes.
Macnow is still middays right? If I remember from my time listening in, Macnow is a huge Flyers supporter.

rWoHockeyman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 09:26 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by rWoHockeyman88 View Post
Macnow is still middays right? If I remember from my time listening in, Macnow is a huge Flyers supporter.
Yes, 10-3pm

Old
01-26-2011, 09:38 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:

The mid day show will talk hockey. They have players call in fairly regularly, and talk to the coach often enough. They obviously will mainly focus on the Phillies or Eagles but they usually do fit hockey in somewhere and if something big is going on they'll definitely spend a decent amount of time on it.

Also Brian Startarie (sp?) And Rob Ellis will talk a lot of hockey when they're on.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 09:41 PM
i am dave

The guys who do evenings/nights after Flyers games give a good try at talking hockey. Sometimes it's Brian Startare and sometimes it's Rob Ellis. They usually come undone by people calling after the game who just have no idea what they're talking about.

Rob Charry is the absolute worst.

i am dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 09:43 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
That's when I listen too, and they talk Flyers late at night.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 10:47 PM
JagerPuck

Send a message via AIM to JagerPuck
Mikey Miss kinda stinks.

JagerPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 11:42 PM
whatthef
Failure is an Option

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phileeguy View Post

Thanks to my satellite radio I'm often listening to Hockey Night in Canada Radio. Thank god for that I can only take so much whining about the Eagles.

whatthef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 12:07 AM
Gert B Frobe

Macnow seems to watch most Flyers games and knows the team and it's history but doesn't know crap about the rest of the league (or anybody who hasn't or doesn't play for the Flyers). Gargano just goes along with it but will readily admit he doesn't follow hockey.

Eskin just makes definitive, unqualified statements about how the Flyers will never win the cup.

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 12:10 AM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatthef View Post
Thanks to my satellite radio I'm often listening to Hockey Night in Canada Radio. Thank god for that I can only take so much whining about the Eagles.
Me too - and I know it's a Canadian show but my GOD how much can they talk about the frickin Leafs??? They suck so bad it forces them to talk Canucks too..

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 12:10 AM
Flyersfan139

Quote:
Yes, 10-3pm
That's the only show I like to listen to on WIP but they still don't talk about the Flyers very often. Unless they are in the playoffs of course.

Flyersfan139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 05:10 AM
phillyflu

They were talking a good bit of Flyers the other day on the mid-day show on 610. Danny Briere called in and they had good interview with him.

phillyflu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 06:18 AM
mja
Negative Creep

Macnow actually is an avid hockey fan, not surprising since he's from Buffalo.

Gagano doesn't really know what he is talking about, but he tries. He's clearly more comfortable talking Football/Hoops/Baseball.

Missanelli actually is the king of Philly sports radio right now, at least ratings-wise. He's crushing Eskin. Missanelli still feels hockey is a clearly inferior sport to baseball, football, and basketball. He'll give the Flyers their due these days but he was better until he started to clean Eskin's clock. That's gone to his head. He isn't as bad as in his WIP days during he Lindros-era (when he clearly hated Lindros).

Eskin is just Eskin and has been hit hard by the Mikey Miss rivalry, to the point they gave him Ike Reese to balance his act, who actually does a pretty decent job (whenever I listen, which is rare, I can't stand Eskin) at calling Howard out whenever he contradicts himself, which is frequently.

Eskin clearly HATES hockey. Reese actually seems to be a budding new fan who has dedicated himself to his new profession by trying to build up his expertise in sports other than football. I find his attitude refreshing, if his knowledge is underwhelming.

mja is offline   Reply With Quote