HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings vs. Sharks - 01/26/11 - POSTGAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
01-27-2011, 12:52 AM
Shellz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
3 wins in a row...big deal...
Until we have three defined centres...We will always be inconsistent...
Our 1st line centre....If he actually played with a true 1st line centre then Kopi would be a winger...
Stoll is a good 3rd line centre...Not a PP pivot and not a 2nd line centre
Handzus is an east coast 3rd line centreman... Not a 4mill west coast cman.
Our biggest problem is at centre on every line....
We don't have a coach that can teach our #1 centre... We don't have a manager that recognizes this problem...
I love the victory.... but....seriously folks....wake up...
We have massive problems!!!
Oh... and for those who love Quick in shootouts.......well. they do not exist in playoffs!!!

I'm just going to enjoy the wins right now. Of course the Kings have some problems. But, so does every time in the NHL some just do a better job working with what they have. That's what the Kings need to do.

As for your comment about SOs not being in the playoffs. Big deal. Those points matter just as much as the other ones. Sure, you don't want to give your divisional rival a point, but lets be honest, when was the last time the Kings came back after being down a goal? 2 months? a month? It was a great effort by the team.

I hope I just didn't waste my time.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 12:55 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Shellz, your passion for JQ is great.

Gives a different meaning for the term Quickie.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 12:56 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Our 1st line centre....If he actually played with a true 1st line centre then Kopi would be a winger...
We don't have a coach that can teach our #1 centre... We don't have a manager that recognizes this problem...
Oh... and for those who love Quick in shootouts.......well. they do not exist in playoffs!!!
Preach on man, Been saying for awhile! The centres we have are not in the right spots. I think Kopi is a #2 centre right now, with potential to be a #1 down the line of course. Kings need to acquire Spezza, dump Handzus and move Stoll to the third line.

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 12:58 AM
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
Sexy party!

Scrivezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 12:59 AM
Fangio

vCash: 50
Quote:

I do not mean to argue but folks.... anyone agree we have serious issues?
If we don't win the next game I think it's time for a rebuild. Have fun scouting again, Dean!

Fangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 01:05 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard View Post
good grief
He's right, we won three games and we're still in 11th place.

We're not out of the woods by a long shot. We simply got off the mat, and with this road trip coming up, we could easily be finished for the year.

32 games left, 10 game road trip coming up. Not a lot of margin for error for the Kings.

Old
01-27-2011, 01:06 AM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Quick redeemed himself in the SO.

Richardson is becoming the heart & soul of this team (minus the penalty at the end). We still aren't a physical enough hockey team . . where was the hitting tonight. Greene & the 4th line were using the body . . .

Brown was terrible, throwing the puck out into the center of the ice twice, ineffective with the body, loosing it 3 times in the offensive zone .

Doughty at times was on the verge of taking total control of the game . . He played solid, so did JJ.

3 in a row!

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 01:08 AM
Willard
Kings All The Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
Preach on man, Been saying for awhile! The centres we have are not in the right spots. I think Kopi is a #2 centre right now, with potential to be a #1 down the line of course. Kings need to acquire Spezza, dump Handzus and move Stoll to the third line.
???

Kopitar is on a point-a-game pace for the season and is in the top dozen in the league in total points, how is that being a "#2 centre"? Keep in mind he is maintaining this pace while changing linemates every other game most of the season. Kopitar is only 2 points behind Ovechkin on the season, 2 points ahead of Iginla.

Also Kopitar > Spezza who has only 20 pts in 32 games this season. Spezza would be the #2 if they were on the same team

Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 01:09 AM
KingLB

Quote:
Do you even read what you type??? Spezza a first line center?!?!?!?! Kopi isn't?!?!?!?! If Kopi isn't a first line center then there are less then 10 in the league....

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 01:13 AM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Quote:
You lost me . . .

Old
01-27-2011, 01:14 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Shellz, your passion for JQ is great.

Gives a different meaning for the term Quickie.
Haha. It aint no thang.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Willard
Kings All The Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Do you even read what you type??? Spezza a first line center?!?!?!?! Kopi isn't?!?!?!?! If Kopi isn't a first line center then there are less then 10 in the league....
Agreed KingLB, the only 5 centres in the whole NHL ahead of Kopi in points right now are Stamkos, Crosby, H. Sedin, Brad Richards & Staal. In other words he is right there in points with the very top centres in the league. It is not an accident nor an injustice that Kopi will be playing as a centre in the All-Star Game this weekend.

Old
Tatsdzyuk
wet fish

I missed something can someone tell me what hillary s**** has to do with anything?

Tatsdzyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 01:16 AM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatsdzyuk View Post
I missed something can someone tell me what hillary s**** has to do with anything?
Oh you S****y huh?

Old
01-27-2011, 01:25 AM
Alternate Jersey

Quote:
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=868620

we won after that nonsense in the beginning of that thread.

Alternate Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 01:26 AM
Alternate Jersey

I jumped so high out of my chair when quicker made that save at the end for the win that I almost hit my hands on the ceiling. so epic.

Alternate Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 01:28 AM
KingsKnight
June 11-12 13-14

Quote:
All you need to know is that Hilary S**** wins us games.

KingsKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 01:29 AM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Elite players make the ones around them better. Kopitar isn't driving down the middle again. When he skates through the middle, his linemates have more space to score. Stoll was ripped for his slump, Kopitar should too.

When Kopitar gains confidence, he will be a 90+ scorer in the NHL. I can't wait until it clicks for him mentally.
Henrik Sedin has 2 goals in his last 14...clearly not elite....

The problem on this board is the myth that elite players make the players around them better....no they just are able to put up points no matter the situation.

No forwards on Vancouver that would play with the Sedins have more than 27 pts....clearly none elite players...

The centers that play with Nash have low 30's pts clearly not elite....

Centers that play with Iggy don't even have 30 pts...clearly not elite.

Ryan Malone who plays LW with STAMKOS and ST. LOUIS has 30 less pts then them...clearly they don't know how to make him better.

Besides Crosby and Malkin there is 1 forward that has more than 22 pts on the team....clearly 2 of the best players in the game don't know how to make those around them better.....

Old
01-27-2011, 01:31 AM
Tatsdzyuk
wet fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Jersey View Post
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=868620

we won after that nonsense in the beginning of that thread.
thank you very much

Tatsdzyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 01:32 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
You can sit there and read what I type, while I watch the games.

Kopitar hasn't found that next gear, yet he still young and can eventually be one of the premier centres in the league. Like Hollywood stated, all the centre lines are messed up and none of them are in the right spot and I as I have said, Kopitar has the potential to be the all around centre in the league, but he needs to work on to getting himself in a position to succeed, with better shot selection and doing well on the faceoffs. He's at the bottom of the top 15 centres in faceoff percentage and shooting percentage.

And yes on Spezza, he brings in a 56 percent faceoff winning percentage. He's the complete package with speed, faceoffs, points and shot selection.

Old
01-27-2011, 01:35 AM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
Sexy party!

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 01:40 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard View Post
Agreed KingLB, the only 5 centres in the whole NHL ahead of Kopi in points right now are Stamkos, Crosby, H. Sedin, Brad Richards & Staal. In other words he is right there in points with the very top centres in the league. It is not an accident nor an injustice that Kopi will be playing as a centre in the All-Star Game this weekend.
Points don't tell the whole story. There's more to being a #1 centre than just scoring points obviously but he's on track to produce similar results as last season. Not a huge improvement from last season. Some of that is his linemates, some of that is himself.

Old
01-27-2011, 01:41 AM
TwzKing

Send a message via AIM to TwzKing
All hail Hillary s****! !!!!

TwzKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 01:58 AM
KingLB

Quote:
You can sit there and read what I type, while I watch the games.

Kopitar hasn't found that next gear, yet he still young and can eventually be one of the premier centres in the league. Like Hollywood stated, all the centre lines are messed up and none of them are in the right spot and I as I have said, Kopitar has the potential to be the all around centre in the league, but he needs to work on to getting himself in a position to succeed, with better shot selection and doing well on the faceoffs. He's at the bottom of the top 15 centres in faceoff percentage and shooting percentage.

And yes on Spezza, he brings in a 56 percent faceoff winning percentage. He's the complete package with speed, faceoffs, points and shot selection.
I guess you just don't watch other teams play then. Because Spezza might be the most overpaid/overrated "#1" center in the league. You bring up only a handful of the things that make a good center...how about the more important stats for Spezza. He hasn't put up more than 73 pts or been a plus player in 3 years...he is below average defensively and tends to loaf, is easily out muscled by more physical players.And all this has become even more obvious now that he isn't being carried by a in prime Alfie and Heatley.

On to Kopi, while I don't think he is a top5 center in the league (though its really impossible to know since he doesn't have a stud to play with like so many of the other top players) to act like he is so bad and is playing out of place on the first line is ludicrious. Over 50% of the teams in the league would take him as their first line center that should tell you enough about this random assertion that he isn't good enough.

Old
01-27-2011, 02:05 AM
Willard
Kings All The Way

Quote:
Points don't tell the whole story. There's more to being a #1 centre than just scoring points obviously but he's on track to produce similar results as last season. Not a huge improvement from last season. Some of that is his linemates, some of that is himself.
I don't agree. Kopitar has for sure improved:

1) First and most importantly Kopitar is clearly better defensively than he was in previous seasons. That part of his game has improved each year he has been in the league. Remember how he was a mediocre defensive centre when he first started out in the league, and this can no longer be said. He much, much better using his size, strength, and wingspan to his advantage. Very strong in puck battles & a very effective stick checker. He plays routinely against top lines and is no longer any kind of liability on defense like he was once upon a time. Gets lots of PK time nowadays for obvious reasons. We now have a legit, responsible 2-way #1 centre. Spezza on the other hand is prone to some really bad defensive lapses, there is in my view no contest which of these two is the better centre defensively.

2) Kopitar is in better physical condition this season than in any previous season. He logs big minutes in all situations and no longer wears down as easily as he did in previous seasons.

3) Kopitar is (in my view) stickhandling better than ever, and has become one of the hardest guys in the league to knock off the puck.

Ask yourself why the Kings remain one of the top teams in the league in low goals against, even despite the recent losing skid and I would submit that Kopitar is one of the important reasons why.

I would take Kopitar as my #1, you can have Spezza instead, if we are choosing between the two of them.