HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Jay Greenberg-Tortorella's Rangers on path to playoffs

Old
01-27-2011, 05:57 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

vCash: 500
Jay Greenberg-Tortorella's Rangers on path to playoffs

Quote:
The Rangers' two highest- paid players by far are their two biggest disappointments, and yet they have made it to the All-Star break six points ahead of the 52-game pace of a year ago, up 13 goals while down 15 goals against.
Quote:
Every young veteran on the team -- Marc Staal, Brian Boyle, Artem Anisimov, Brandon Prust, Callahan, Dubinsky -- has elevated his game a level from 2009-10, Tortorella's first full season. Though these players have gained more maturity because of their experience, it also is undeniable that the coach pushing them has matured them, too.
Dan Girardi too.

Quote:
When Callahan and Dubinsky return, Drury's struggles will be addressed in a way not likely to leave an aging captain happy, one more challenge this coach seems likely to handle. Despite all of the injuries and Gaborik's struggles, Tortorella has pushed almost all the right buttons and has his team in position to be a team nobody would want to face in the playoffs.
It's not going to end well in NY for Drury.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...9Kcsz6kFY3DbDP

Greenberg also mentioned the youth on D with Michael Sauer,Matt Gilroy and Ryan McDonagh. The team has allowed the 4th fewest goals in the conference and scored the 5th most goals in the east with Gaborik struggling in addition to lacking a #1 center.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 06:10 AM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Dan Girardi too.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...9Kcsz6kFY3DbDP

Greenberg also mentioned the youth on D with Michael Sauer,Matt Gilroy and Ryan McDonagh. The team has allowed the 4th fewest goals in the conference and scored the 5th most goals in the east with Gaborik struggling in addition to lacking a #1 center.
He forgot boyle too!!!! Unforgiveable.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 06:13 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deriik2020 View Post
Huh? No he didn't

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 06:18 AM
ghirshorn

Quote:
I would post the UNFORGIVEABLE video but it would probly get me banned due to language in the video lol

ghirshorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 06:22 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post

It wouldnt surprise me if Drury calls it quits at the end of this season. He doesnt have much left in the tank and he knows it. Rangers wont give their captain Redden treatment.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 06:24 AM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghirshorn View Post
I would post the UNFORGIVEABLE video but it would probly get me banned due to language in the video lol
How about a pic then?

As for Drury, seeing as how he's such a great team guy and always willing to do what's best for the team, why doesn't Sather get him to waive his NMC and ship him to Toronto. It's what's best for the team, right?

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 06:39 AM
Wal

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
As for Drury, seeing as how he's such a great team guy and always willing to do what's best for the team, why doesn't Sather get him to waive his NMC and ship him to Toronto. It's what's best for the team, right?
Well, Torts is using him so he's needed by the team (at least by Torts choices) and leaving isn't for the best of the team then is it?
By the end of the season, it might be different though.

A lot of people give Drury a lot of flaming, but remember it's Torts that keep playing him and Drury is giving the team the best he have (even if it's not good enough, but you can't blame him for that).

We got to give Drury credit for his effort, he keeps going out to play even if he gets a lot of bad **** called after him.

Wal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 06:47 AM
DutchShamrock

I just can't see Drury walking away from $7m next year. He'll convince himself that this year is a fluke and he will prove to everyone he can still play with a good showing next season. It's time to ask him to waive his NTC. It's time to scratch him. If he refuses to waive, if scratching him doesn't elicit a response that either improves his play or changes his stance on waiving, it's would be time to give him the Nylander treatment and tell him to leave the team.

At this point I would be happy with someone claiming him on re-entry waivers. I would be happy with a buyout. I will pay this guy to not be a Ranger. 1 more year of this guy.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 08:19 AM
LetsGoBlueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchShamrock View Post
I just can't see Drury walking away from $7m next year. He'll convince himself that this year is a fluke and he will prove to everyone he can still play with a good showing next season. It's time to ask him to waive his NTC. It's time to scratch him. If he refuses to waive, if scratching him doesn't elicit a response that either improves his play or changes his stance on waiving, it's would be time to give him the Nylander treatment and tell him to leave the team.

At this point I would be happy with someone claiming him on re-entry waivers. I would be happy with a buyout. I will pay this guy to not be a Ranger. 1 more year of this guy.
Drury has a NMC not just a NTC.

Also, hes making $5 million real dollars next year (still alot).

Anyone else think Drury retiring is a realistic possibility after the season? I certainly hope so, I think we should all put Drury in touch with Gil Meche (Gil Meche walks from $12 million)

LetsGoBlueshirts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 08:33 AM
92hatchattack

Maybe if all the Rangers fans donated $5 WE could pay off Drury by ourselves??

92hatchattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 08:45 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Quote:
Every young veteran on the team -- Marc Staal, Brian Boyle, Artem Anisimov, Brandon Prust, Callahan, Dubinsky -- has elevated his game a level from 2009-10
Not quite.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 08:51 AM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBlueshirts View Post
Drury has a NMC not just a NTC.

Also, hes making $5 million real dollars next year (still alot).
Quote:

At this point
I would be happy with someone claiming him on re-entry waivers. I would be happy with a buyout. I will pay this guy to not be a Ranger. 1 more year of this guy.
Which I covered basically with the waiver talk. He'll still get his money under the re-entry waiver scenerio. To ensure he still plays in the NHL, you can call around. A playoff team will pick up Drury for $3.5m, especially if we made the move prior to this year's trade deadline. He can refuse to waive, but that won't prevent him from staying out of the pressbox or getting bought out.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 10:46 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:

Its only $5 mill in actual dollars. Granted its still alot of money but...

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 11:17 AM
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD

Send a message via AIM to Sm0otHocKeySPeeD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92hatchattack View Post
Maybe if all the Rangers fans donated $5 WE could pay off Drury by ourselves??
Sign me up does he take Paypal?

Sm0otHocKeySPeeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 11:38 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:

37, 25, 22, 14, 0. Not sure how even Chris can't see that this is not a fluke.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote