HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tomas Kaberle to Montreal

Old
01-27-2011, 10:44 AM
WestIslander

vCash: 500
To Montreal: Tomas Kaberle + Matt Lashoff
To Toronto: Andrei Kostitsyn + Danny Kristo + 1st round draft pick in 2011

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 11:05 AM
Dark Knight
Troll-Marov!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
I'd do that.

I still believe in Andrei Kostitsyn.

01-27-2011, 11:11 AM
I am Canadian
Swedes + Leafs =

1st + Maxpac

I am Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 11:18 AM
alpine4life

Quote:
Thats sounds decent, maybe (just maybe) AK needs a change of scenery

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoDee View Post
1st + Maxpac
I think the Habs have high hopes in Patch, not sure if they would be willing to move him with a 1st for a rental

alpine4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 11:18 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
we aren't dealing a player like kabs to the habs
No you're just losing him to us as UFA instead.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 11:21 AM
Athlétique_Canadien

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoDee View Post
1st + Maxpac
I can't see it happening. Not trying to under value Kabs or over value Maxpac but Pacioretty looks to be the power forward Montreal has needed for the last 10 years. To expand on my earlier post, the best scenario Leafs should hope for is that Kaberle is heavily coveted by Montreal or another team. If he just ends up getting lost in the shuffle of rental D's in the February 28th list of names the return will be less. West Islander's idea Andrei Kostitsyn + Danny Kristo + 1st round draft pick in 2011 is more realisitc. Kristo is still a question mark on whether or not he can be a 2nd liner but the stock isn't bad at all. Kostitsyn is a player who once out of Montreal could become a nightmare.

...IMO

Athlétique_Canadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 11:32 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athlétique_Canadien View Post
I can't see it happening. Not trying to under value Kabs or over value Maxpac but Pacioretty looks to be the power forward Montreal has needed for the last 10 years. To expand on my earlier post, the best scenario Leafs should hope for is that Kaberle is heavily coveted by Montreal or another team. If he just ends up getting lost in the shuffle of rental D's in the February 28th list of names the return will be less. West Islander's idea Andrei Kostitsyn + Danny Kristo + 1st round draft pick in 2011 is more realisitc. Kristo is still a question mark on whether or not he can be a 2nd liner but the stock isn't bad at all. Kostitsyn is a player who once out of Montreal could become a nightmare.

...IMO
It's the type of deal that makes me cringe though. Because we all know what Andrei is capable of. I personally think he's a very late bloomer and Kristo I think is just having a bad year.

It's one of those trades you could see happening though that's for sure and it's a trade that I could see haunting either team.

Scenario #1: Andrei pans out for TO and their team improves greatly. Kaberle plays mediocre for us and doesn't re-sign or just simply doesn't re-sign.

Scenario #2: Andrei is even worse there, Kristo never pans out and the 1st is a wash. Kaberle comes here and plays the best hockey of his career making him and Plek both look good.

Scenario #3: Andrei pans out for TO and their team improves greatly. Kristo pans out and we look stupid. The 1st pans out making us look retarded. Kaberle does re-sign but then he sucks or is injured all the time.

Granted Andrei is a risk and he has a salary, granted Kaberle could walk, this is still more likely to be a mess of a deal for the habs in my eyes. Burke gets offered that deal imo he should take it. Toronto is a more suitable play style for a guy like Andrei.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 11:37 AM
BigHabs

Quote:
The only thing I would want to see changed in this deal would be Lashoff.

The reason why is, Montreal is trying to fill their need for 1 more top 4 dman and 1 top forward. With Kostitsyn going out, I think we would want forward coming back with Kaberle so we could slot someone in there as well. We have Weber and Picard who would then turn to be #7-8 dmen.

I think one guy that comes to mind since he has been demoted.

Would Toronto consider:

Kaberle + Caputi

for

Kostitsyn + Kristo + 1st round pick

I think Montreal could use Caputi and move Pouliot up. Caputi has the size we need and would replace Pouliot on the 3rd line. Kristo would easily replace Caputi soon.

Kostitsyn and Kaberle kind of give what both teams are looking for too, top6 forward, top 4 dman.

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 11:45 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
I wouldn't make that deal, right now we need Kostitsyn. We lack forwards so unless Gauthier is to acquire a top 6 winger, I don't see him moving AK

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 11:50 AM
WestIslander

Quote:
I'd do that.

I still believe in Andrei Kostitsyn.
So do I, but we need Kaberle and defense depth (Lashoff) with toughness for the future so we can afford to mortgage Kostitsyn, Kristo and a 1st round draft pick.

Quote:
1st + Maxpac
Not happening, Max Pacioretty is here to stay and to be honest with you the only players I would consider giving Pacioretty for are Schenn, Phaneuf, Kadri or Kessel.

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 12:07 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 364
I woudn't trade Andrei Kostitsyn because the lack of top 6 forwards and Pacioretty is not going any where

Last edited by donghabs98: 01-27-2011 at 12:14 PM.
donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 12:28 PM
Clipitar

Quote:
So do I, but we need Kaberle and defense depth (Lashoff) with toughness for the future so we can afford to mortgage Kostitsyn, Kristo and a 1st round draft pick.
Lashoff is Wishart v2.0, absolutely no need for him from Habs' standpoint.

I'm sorry, but I think your proposal is brutal. If Kaberle could be moved for a 1st, he wouldn't be in TO anymore. Then you're adding Kristo who's one of our most interesting prospect (high offensive ceiling).

But the real deal-breaker is AK, I just can't believe how many Habs fans are discrediting this guy. He's a commodity on our top-6 that we simply can't afford to lose unless we get a better physical top-6 winger in return.

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 01:07 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Matt Lashoff doesn't bring any depth at all, unless you're talking about the AHL and having some depth in Hamilton

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 01:40 PM
Athlétique_Canadien

This question of "Value of: Tomas Kaberle to Montreal" is one that Leafs fans won`t like the answer to if it`s coming from the Habs. Another team would be more likely to offer them more. I wonder if Savard`s LTIR money might add up to Boston being a perfect trade partner.

Tomas Kaberle`s value to Montreal is he`s a good point man. He`s awesome at carrying out the puck. In spite of not having Markov or a Kaberle, Montreal still has PK Subban, Wisniewski, Picard, Weber and Spacek = 5 nice point shots. All of them can man the PP points! That starts to lessen Kaberle`s value to us, not because he isn`t awesome but because of what value he is to us and then there`s likely cap problems for us. That`s means we got to unload contract to meet the cap and that player is Kostitsyn. He`s UFA also so his value versus Kabarle drops for Toronto. The two players aside have no real value either way. A UFA for another UFA is not much of a position of strength for Gauthier.

So, we need to add young players, prospects or picks with Andrei. No offence to Kostitsyn but he`s the only contract that we can move, who is in our core group of players. I don`t like the trade or potential trade because I want Andrei signed.

IMO, a clever move for Toronto would be to get Weber from us as part of a deal. At least a D man would be coming back. He has one awesome shot and he hasn`t plateaued yet. He gets underrated by Habs fans because of some of the depth on D. We all marvel about Subban and forget about Weber. He`d be the start of a solid return for Burke.

But then were right back to Kostitsyn again. That is unless Burke will take back (absolute lunucy) Hamrlik to help us on a money dump and we`d have to pay with a 1st round pick to pay for the favour for the Leafs to absorb Hamrlik`s cap.

I don`t even see a deal here. I`m not capologist but we are against the cap. I believe we have 1.6 million but we are over the cap on penalties which affects next years numbers. NHLnumbers says we have $3.691 but I find that hard to believe. Capgeek has us at $1,483,685 for available cap LTIR cap space is at $3,780,348.

These numbers make certain deals possible but Kabarle`s value to Montreal probably isn`t that great. I`d rather the Habs make a different deal to get a big top 6 forward like Arnott, Alfie or Booth instead of getting Kaberle.

Kaberle has far greater value to 8 or 9 teams and will get a better deal than with Montreal.

Athlétique_Canadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 08:28 AM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonesy99 View Post
hmmm....

What do you classify a losing team as?
iginla
Alfredsson
Rick Nash
like these types of players?

Players stay because they are passionate about their team. If Kaberle wants to stay, i say re-sign him. If he wants to go trade him to whomever gives the best offer. One thing is for sure though i think burke has a serious talk to Kaberle during the break, and the two of them decide what Kab's and the leafs want to do. I say that Kab's wants to stay, the leafs make a minor move in moving lebda and they move beauch.
I understand what your saying about Kabs, he's comfortable in T.O and likes being a Leaf. He should be applauded for that. Comparing him to the players above is a bit of a stretch. All of them are the face of the franchise and all have been in the playoffs during the past 5 years. No one knows if any have been asked to accept a trade like Kabs was. Usually when a player starts to get older, getting a championship becomes the priority, some will question Kabs for not jumping at the chance to move to a contender, while others will be happy that he wants to see a championship with the team he started his career with.

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 08:36 AM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
You still have it wrong... you DON'T add to Kaberle if you want to improve...
Yeah, he's only the third highest scoring D-Man post lockout and is on pace for over 50 points this season with no help whatsoever. How can he help?

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 08:37 AM
RogerRoeper*

Kaberle for Montreal's first rounder. Done.

Old
01-28-2011, 08:41 AM
gifted88
Dante the poet

Very unrealistic chance of this happening. Burke wants a top 6 player for Kaberle and I don't think he has Pacioretty or Kostitsyn in his sights.

gifted88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 08:42 AM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gifted88 View Post
Very unrealistic chance of this happening. Burke wants a top 6 player for Kaberle and I don't think he has Pacioretty or Kostitsyn in his sights.
If Burke is in a situation where he will lose Kaberle for nothing, he will change what he wants.

Old
01-28-2011, 08:46 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
Kaberle for Montreal's first rounder. Done.
Hmmmm....if something like this was to happen, it would mean the Habs would not be re-signing the Wiz...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:09 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Jaroslav Spacek.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:18 PM
EllertoKostitsynGoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Jaroslav Spacek.
I love bumped threads.
To be fair to Toronto they did get a great return for Kaberle, just not from us, thank god!

Still, lol at Pacioretty + 1rst

EllertoKostitsynGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:27 PM
bozaksniffles*

kaberle's face these days looks like he ate too many chocolates

bozaksniffles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:29 PM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozaksniffles View Post
kaberle's face these days looks like he ate too many chocolates
but still on pace for 47 pts in MTL

11 pts in 19 games +- 0

any takers?

EveryDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:31 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco88 View Post
but still on pace for 47 pts in MTL

11 pts in 19 games +- 0

any takers?
To be fair, I think he had 5 points in the first two games, and has slowed down a lot since then, obviously. I still like the pickup, though.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote