HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill X

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2011, 09:08 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
I may be in the minority here but I don't want us to resign Justin Williams. He's injury prone, streaky and he can't pass to save his life. His turnovers come at the worst times.
At this stage of his career and the stage the Kings are currently in Justin Williams can be maximized only if he is traded before the deadline. You just don't hang on to guys at his age with his injury history.

Old
01-26-2011, 09:15 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
At this stage of his career and the stage the Kings are currently in Justin Williams can be maximized only if he is traded before the deadline. You just don't hang on to guys at his age with his injury history.
At his age? He's twenty-friggin-nine years old.

Old
01-26-2011, 10:07 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
The top UFA right wingers besides Selanne and Sullivan, who pretty much said they would either play on the teams they are now or retire, are Kovalev (37), Ryder, Vrbata, Langdenbrunner, Knuble, and Upshall....

Eh, you are right Ziggy, not much to pick from. This years UFA's suck except for a few centers (Richards and Connolly), one LW, Semin....there are some really good d-men available but we don't need or have any room for any.
More ice time for Brown and Simmonds. Simmonds really needs to step up his game. If Lombardi was to re-sign Williams it should not be for more than a year.

Old
01-26-2011, 10:09 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
At his age? He's twenty-friggin-nine years old.
His body is 39. He's re-built and having a great season in his walk year. People may say the Kings should absolutely re-sign Williams but if he hits the market with the year he's having the Kings will have to outbid teams and we all know how that goes. He's an expendable asset, not part of the core.

Old
01-26-2011, 10:20 PM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
His body is 39. He's re-built and having a great season in his walk year. People may say the Kings should absolutely re-sign Williams but if he hits the market with the year he's having the Kings will have to outbid teams and we all know how that goes. He's an expendable asset, not part of the core.
He has looked good out there all season..and last year's injury was a complete fluke IMO.

I think DL would love to bring him back but it depends on the price. 3.5-5M I think it is possible..anything more DL will hesitate for good reason. He will also want a long-term deal IMO.

Old
01-26-2011, 10:23 PM
no name

Williams is worth the money he's getting right now. The problem is that he's gone on record stating that he is playing for a contract. He is going to get 4.5 million and 3+ years on the open market and he just isn't worth that for the reasons I stated in my previous post.

I'll touch on a couple popular opinions made in this thread so far.

Sure, Williams has no chronic injuries. He has an injury list the size of the average nacho line waiting Kings fans pant size (40+). Most of those are ticky tack things but he's missed massive amounts of games because of it. I'm no doctor but it looks like he doesn't take nagging pain well by looking at the amount of games missed for each of those injuries. There was a list of injuries with a games missed sub table floating around here last year.

Also, some people believe he can pass well, but I disagree. His massive amounts of turnovers (way, way, way above average statisticaly) are generaly from his passing. Somebody made a point that is probably true about him trying to do too much which leads to these passes. I can get on board with that because he doesn't really look rattled and he passes with confidence but it just doesn't get there too often.

I don't know what to do to replace him and I wouldn't be upset if we kept him (he's one of my favorite players because he's one of the few that hits the twine.) I just don't know how we can sign him with that risk and price tag.

Old
01-26-2011, 10:56 PM
rowdypiper39

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Hejduk?

If he was interested in playing somewhere besides Colorado, I wouldn't mind having him on a 1 year deal.
Talk about a guy who is injured every year.

Old
01-26-2011, 11:10 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I would re-sign Williams, it solidifies our right side.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Old
01-27-2011, 04:09 AM
LAMoFoKANGS*

hell no, the only time the guy ever tried is in his contact year??? ok....ra tards

Old
01-27-2011, 09:30 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I would re-sign Williams, it solidifies our right side.

I would re-sign Williams, but not for a penny more than $4 million a year over a 4-year span. Yeah, Williams has scored a bunch this season but, currently, stupid Brian Boyle has more goals than Williams. Timing is everything. Who knows? Toffoli might be able to step in next year and have the same or better production than Williams. It's all a matter of perspective.

Old
01-27-2011, 10:01 AM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

Semin signs 1 year extension $6.7.....errrrrr. Sign and trade maybe.

Old
01-27-2011, 10:21 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Well there goes Semin lol, UFA market just got a lot thinner.. It's ok, we don't want a playoff flop anyways

Old
01-27-2011, 10:29 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Grrr at Semin and his one year deals...

Old
01-27-2011, 10:40 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
I would re-sign Williams, but not for a penny more than $4 million a year over a 4-year span. Yeah, Williams has scored a bunch this season but, currently, stupid Brian Boyle has more goals than Williams. Timing is everything. Who knows? Toffoli might be able to step in next year and have the same or better production than Williams. It's all a matter of perspective.
Toffoli? No, he's definitely not ready lol. He's still got a junior year left and I'm 100% Lombardi will send him back and he'll get that WJC experience. The year after (if we're still alive), he'll have a good shot at making the squad. Tyler Toffoli is still 2 years away, let him develop, no need to rush him

Old
01-27-2011, 10:42 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsnsoldiers View Post
Semin signs 1 year extension $6.7.....errrrrr. Sign and trade maybe.
Maybe trade to us? The price makes me think that. If the Caps wanted to do a sign & trade specifically with Lombardi & the Kings, Lombardi would have told them, "sure, just as long as Kopitar remains our highest paid player". Anyway, that 6.7 makes me think of that scenario.

Old
01-27-2011, 10:47 AM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Well there goes Semin lol, UFA market just got a lot thinner.. It's ok, we don't want a playoff flop anyways
lol sure we didn't

Old
01-27-2011, 10:48 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Kypreos on Twitter

Quote:
Interesting #Capitals Alex Semin signing in which he receives 1yr 6.7M deal but doesn't get no trade/ no move clause.

Old
01-27-2011, 10:54 AM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
Maybe trade to us? The price makes me think that. If the Caps wanted to do a sign & trade specifically with Lombardi & the Kings, Lombardi would have told them, "sure, just as long as Kopitar remains our highest paid player". Anyway, that 6.7 makes me think of that scenario.
This is what I was thinking to plus there is a no- no move clause. Interesting.... Dang, could happen. Who would they want back?

Old
01-27-2011, 10:59 AM
SuperAlmeida

Quote:
This is what I was thinking to plus there is a no- no move clause. Interesting.... Dang, could happen. Who would they want back?
A veteran D, good prospect, goalie (Bernier?) +

Old
01-27-2011, 11:04 AM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

Thats alot for possibly 1 year of semin

Old
01-27-2011, 11:07 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post
Harrold, Moller & Zatkoff?

Old
01-27-2011, 11:16 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

It's possible but unlikely. I think it is more for the offseason. If things don't work this year in the postseason for the Caps, then they may look to move him and get some assets. I highly doubt they move Semin before their postseason run this year.

Old
01-27-2011, 11:29 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post

A few weeks ago, someone on NHL Live suggested that a Semin for Bernier swap would be good for both teams. IIRC, it was Ken Daneyko who made the suggestion, but I could be wrong.

Old
01-27-2011, 11:35 AM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Washington has Varlamov, Neuvirth, and Holtby. No room for Bernier.

Old
01-27-2011, 11:37 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:

Possible scenarios....

1) Moller + Bernier
2) Parse + Bernier
3) Loktionov + Bernier (we'll be mad!)
4) Sturm + Bernier
5) Poni + Bernier

6) Parse + Zatkoff (where do I sign?)

Add to any of the above scenarios either (probably) a prospect defenseman, or (unlikely 'cuz we're thin) a veteran defenseman.

Closed Thread