HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Carle/Coburn to Anaheim (offseason)

Old
01-27-2011, 09:29 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
We can't afford Ryan. I wouldn't trade for him right now anyway, even if we could get him for Coburn/Carle + a throw in pick or something. He's a great player, but it just doesn't make sense to do it for our team right now.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 09:35 AM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan View Post
Not moving Coburn or Carle for futures.

Coburn has the size and speed to match-up with the Ovechkins of the world. That's not easily irreplaceable.

Matt Carle is currently leading all NHL defenseman in points at even strength. He's also shown that he can play well even when not alongside Pronger.
This sentence broke my brain.

On a more serious note, there's nothing on Anaheim's roster I really want except for Bobby Ryan, and there's no way that's happening, so....

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 09:39 AM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

vCash: 300
Sbisa + Gardiner

King Forsberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 10:19 AM
DrHamburg

I still don't get the Sbisa love...have you guys seen him play this season?

Anyway, if we are talking off-season moves, would anyone consider something like JVR, Carle, Shelley, Walker for Bobby Ryan and Parros? Flyers get rid of their 2 bad contracts, get a "heavyweight" replacement, get Ryan, but is Carle and JVR too much for that?

DrHamburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 10:44 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
I wouldn't trade any of them at the moment. Pronger and Timonen aren't going to be around forever, and while I don't think either will be a #1 defender any time soon, at this point it looks like they will be the best we have at some point. If things change then I could see moving one of them.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 10:48 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHamburg View Post
I still don't get the Sbisa love...have you guys seen him play this season?

Anyway, if we are talking off-season moves, would anyone consider something like JVR, Carle, Shelley, Walker for Bobby Ryan and Parros? Flyers get rid of their 2 bad contracts, get a "heavyweight" replacement, get Ryan, but is Carle and JVR too much for that?
We don't know how good JVR is going to be yet, and he is already pretty good. That combined with the fact that Bobby Ryan already has a big contract and JVR doesn't...make a big difference for the Flyers, who are already bumping against the cap on an annual basis. It's probably an okay deal for the Flyers, hockey-wise though.

Old
01-27-2011, 11:31 AM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
Sbisa isn't regressing, but he still has a long way to go. He continues to get hit hard at least once a game; these hits are avoidable (or at least can be deflected to limit the impact) and I'm concerned that the speed of the NHL game is too fast for him.

at requesting Ryan back for Coburn or Carle... reminds me of the Carter/Kaberle proposals.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 11:37 AM
ORYX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout09 View Post
So insane 2 first round picks forn1 year of a stay at home defenseman who would be our #4?

Sry but that sounds a little crazy to me but idk maybe it's just me.

Anyone else have an opinion. I'd be willing to package one of our mid defensive prospects (anyone not named gardiner sbisa fowler or vatanen) plus picks or our 2011 1st but nothing more then a first. It just seems like overpayment. I'm not completely sure but after you sign everyone would the flyers have to trade one of these 2?
You can't expect to get Carle, a player who is playing very well defensively and offensively, considering not a single point of his is from the PP, or Cobourn, who is getting better year in year out, has his best years ahead of him and was a stand-out in last years play-offs for a bunch of scrub prospects and second rate draft picks.

I imagine Carle would fetch at least a first, maybe more, and Cobourn a GOOD prospect and a first.

Don't come here, post in peace, then turn down every single proposal and eliminate any player or pick of moderate ability from being traded.

But alas, we will certainly trade you both for that guy who is sueing your organization, is he available?

ORYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 12:06 PM
defer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORYX View Post
You can't expect to get Carle, a player who is playing very well defensively and offensively, considering not a single point of his is from the PP, or Cobourn, who is getting better year in year out, has his best years ahead of him and was a stand-out in last years play-offs for a bunch of scrub prospects and second rate draft picks.

I imagine Carle would fetch at least a first, maybe more, and Cobourn a GOOD prospect and a first.

Don't come here, post in peace, then turn down every single proposal and eliminate any player or pick of moderate ability from being traded.

But alas, we will certainly trade you both for that guy who is sueing your organization, is he available?

The biggest thing is that they both only have 1 year left on the contract. If it was a sign and trade I would do gardiner/vatanen + 2012 1st for coburn and run.

And for people saying sbisa is regressing he is not at all. He had a great preseason and was going to take the spot on the second pairing but when fowler came into the season and played (and continues to play) amazing it kind of bumped sbisa to the third pairing and bob Murray didn't want him getting 10 minutes a game.

He was sent to the A and played top pairing minutes and had ppg over like 6(?) games. Since then he has been a fixture on our 3rd pairing and top PK. And like I said before, he has been good enough to be on the second pairing but a pairing of 19 and 20 year olds isn't too common.

defer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 12:07 PM
kook17

Send a message via AIM to kook17
I see the Flyers offloading Kimmo and his 6.33 mil cap hit before they get rid of the younger and cheaper Coburn and Carle.

kook17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 12:12 PM
BernieParent
HFB Partner

I'd much rather trade Carle than Coburn, and am hoping that either Bart or one Phantom Dman can emerge and compete for regular ice time next season. There has to be some salary downgrading somewhere in the roster.

I'm not sure what Holmgren could request to get back from Anaheim. I would, though, want Igor Bobkov included in the deal, just so Philadelphia could have two Russian G's who answer to "Bob". Maybe call them the Bobski Twins.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 12:14 PM
chaosof99*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kook17 View Post
I see the Flyers offloading Kimmo and his 6.33 mil cap hit before they get rid of the younger and cheaper Coburn and Carle.
Prepare to be mauled by the entire rest of this board.

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 12:19 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:
This makes sense, except for the fact that he earns every penny on the ice, and is the kind of personality that glues teams together off of it. I am happy that he is making his 6 mill a year in Philly and not anywhere else.

Old
01-27-2011, 12:57 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan View Post
Not moving Coburn or Carle for futures.

Coburn has the size and speed to match-up with the Ovechkins of the world. That's not easily irreplaceable.

Matt Carle is currently leading all NHL defenseman in points at even strength. He's also shown that he can play well even when not alongside Pronger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inebriator View Post
At this stage, I'd probably keep Carle over coburn.
Seriously? What games have you been watching?

I would do ANYTHING to get Carle off this team.

Carle to the Ducks for either:

Palmieri + Gardiner

Palmieri + 2nd

Palmieri + Vatanen

1st

Vatanen + 2nd

Etem

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 01:00 PM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Quote:
No.... They are going to keep him until he decides he wants to retire or leave this team.

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 01:01 PM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
This makes sense, except for the fact that he earns every penny on the ice, and is the kind of personality that glues teams together off of it. I am happy that he is making his 6 mill a year in Philly and not anywhere else.
Exactly.

He comes with a big price tag, but is worth every penny of it.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 01:17 PM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
This sentence broke my brain.
That's what happens when you're typing on a phone with auto-corrections, and you aren't fully paying attention.

John Flyers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 01:19 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
Seriously? What games have you been watching?

I would do ANYTHING to get Carle off this team.

Carle to the Ducks for either:

Palmieri + Gardiner

Palmieri + 2nd

Palmieri + Vatanen

1st

Vatanen + 2nd

Etem
I agree - I don't give 2 ****s about how many EVEN strength points he has... I see more brain farts when I watch him play it's retarded.

**** I'd trade him to Bos for Mark Stuart. SMART D MAN!

Carle for Lydman and a 2nd.

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 01:41 PM
mja
Negative Creep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
I agree - I don't give 2 ****s about how many EVEN strength points he has... I see more brain farts when I watch him play it's retarded.

Carle is so damn under-appreciated around these parts.

He's playing so well this season and people are blinded by his relatively inconsequential mistakes and unable to do the final accounting to see that he's a major net positive for us.

This goes for Coburn as well.

They are both so vastly underrated by this fanbase that it is almost mind-boggling.

mja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 01:57 PM
defer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post

I take it u have not seen Lydman play this year? Easily the best UFA signing in the whole NHL and is cheaper and signed longer then the guy u just trashed I'll just assume u didn't know.

Keep in mind that if this trade were to happen it would be after the playoffs

defer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 02:05 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout09 View Post
I take it u have not seen Lydman play this year? Easily the best UFA signing in the whole NHL and is cheaper and signed longer then the guy u just trashed I'll just assume u didn't know.

Keep in mind that if this trade were to happen it would be after the playoffs
I have seen spurts of his play, I always like his game. steady as she goes.

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 02:22 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

vCash: 156
Quote:
I see myself having a stroke if that happens.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 02:29 PM
Start Leighton*

Quote:
That's when I jump off the Walt Whitman bridge I will leave my shoes so you all know it was me.

Start Leighton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 02:35 PM
F L Y E R S
Orange & Black

Quote:
No! No! No!

We don't like that kind of talk around here.

F L Y E R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 02:49 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
I see dead people.

CS is online now   Reply With Quote