HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Francois Beauchemin to Vancouver

Old
01-27-2011, 02:01 PM
last row purple

vCash: 680
Francois Beauchemin to Vancouver

With Edler out for at least a month and a half, and Salo's status up in the air, what would the Canucks have to give up to get Frank?

Beauch brings a booming slapshot from the point as well as solid defensive play ideal for blocking shots on the PK. He would slot in to the 5-6 pairing.

last row purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 02:10 PM
Malfaisant

vCash: 500
Do not want.

Malfaisant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 02:12 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

He would be gold in Vancouver; sheltered behind a strong defense his attributes would be much more effective a little lower in the pecking order, and he already has a championship! Canucks fans aren't discouraged by the extra year on his deal though?

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 02:12 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
And when both Salo and Edler return, how are we going to afford Beauchemin?

Horvat2Virtanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 02:19 PM
Boondock

I have a hard time believing Vancouver would be interested in bringing in 3.8 million this year and next - With the probably return of Salo, and a very good chance Edler will be ready to go before the playoffs, I doubt the Canucks do anything with their blue line. If it seems as though both Salo and Edler could be out for the playoffs, I could see Gillis going after an upcoming UFA, but I can't see any interest in a player signed beyond this season.

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 02:23 PM
seanlinden

1. Vancouver doesn't have the cap space. They'd have to commit to leaving Edler & Salo on LTIR for the remainder of the season.

2. Toronto isn't shopping him, so they won't be accepting rental prices.

3. Vancouver isn't going to part with it's better players.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 02:25 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
1. Vancouver doesn't have the cap space. They'd have to commit to leaving Edler & Salo on LTIR for the remainder of the season.

2. Toronto isn't shopping him, so they won't be accepting rental prices.

3. Vancouver isn't going to part with it's better players.
I highly doubt it would take our best players to acquire Beauchemin.

Old
01-27-2011, 02:25 PM
last row purple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Mars View Post
And when both Salo and Edler return, how are we going to afford Beauchemin?
Salo will be lucky to play at all this year and Edler might get a few weeks in before the playoffs. If there was a trade, a roster player would obviously be headed to Toronto.

I can understand the Nucks having a problem with the extra year, other than that I see no major issues with picking him up.

Old
01-27-2011, 02:27 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

I don't believe it's possible but IMO Salo would have to go the other way plus whatever the actual piece the leafs wanted. Next year Francois' contract wouldn't be an issue for the Nucks but this year it could be without salary going the other way.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 02:27 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
only in his eyes

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 02:32 PM
Zrinski

Quote:
In terms of value, of course not. But realistically Burke won't trade him for picks and prospects, if he's losing Beauchemin he wants roster players coming back.

For that reason, and the concerns with Van's cap mentioned earlier, there's no trade to be made here.

/thread?

Zrinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 02:33 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Think again. Not the best players, but definitely guys like Burrows or Raymond to get the Leafs talking. Toronto isn't shopping for picks, and the only hole in their lineup are on the top line (and in goal).

Beauchemin plays on Toronto's top pair (matching up against the other team's top units) and averages the exact same TOI as Dion Phaneuf (Dion playing a substantially larger percentage of his time on the PP). They are aslo perfect partners and Toronto has nobody to replace his skillset in the near future.

Old
01-27-2011, 02:36 PM
Bobby Lou
We Surrender

The Canucks have outrageous defensive depth; ya it blows to lose Edler, but it's not like Edler was playing 30 minutes a night covering for a bunch of bozo's on our blue line. He's one of several 22-24 minute per night defensemen we have skating around regularly. So Ehrhoff, Hamhuis, Bieksa, and Ballard have to play a bit more? No big deal. We can handle it until Salo is back. Rome and Alberts should be back shortly after the all-star break, and Tanev hasn't exactly looked like chopped meat out there either. We don't even need to make a move.

Similar to Philly losing Pronger really.

Bobby Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 02:37 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
dont think van needs him especially with salo returning

TML g u n n e R s* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 02:40 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Think again. Not the best players, but definitely guys like Burrows or Raymond to get the Leafs talking. Toronto isn't shopping for picks, and the only hole in their lineup are on the top line (and in goal).

Beauchemin plays on Toronto's top pair (matching up against the other team's top units) and averages the exact same TOI as Dion Phaneuf (Dion playing a substantially larger percentage of his time on the PP). They are aslo perfect partners and Toronto has nobody to replace his skillset in the near future.
If you guys like him so much than why don't you just keep him? 'cause Vancouver isn't trading you Burrows or Raymond for him, and I doubt any team would give up a similar return.

Old
01-27-2011, 02:48 PM
last row purple

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML nation13 View Post
who said Salo is returning?...

Quote:
If you guys like him so much than why don't you just keep him? 'cause Vancouver isn't trading you Burrows or Raymond for him, and I doubt any team would give up a similar return.
Leafs would take Samuelsson.
Im sure Burke understands that Burrows and Raymond are key pieces to Vancouvers future.

Old
01-27-2011, 02:48 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by last row purple View Post
Salo will be lucky to play at all this year and Edler might get a few weeks in before the playoffs. If there was a trade, a roster player would obviously be headed to Toronto.

I can understand the Nucks having a problem with the extra year, other than that I see no major issues with picking him up.
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lou View Post
The Canucks have outrageous defensive depth; ya it blows to lose Edler, but it's not like Edler was playing 30 minutes a night covering for a bunch of bozo's on our blue line. He's one of several 22-24 minute per night defensemen we have skating around regularly. So Ehrhoff, Hamhuis, Bieksa, and Ballard have to play a bit more? No big deal. We can handle it until Salo is back. Rome and Alberts should be back shortly after the all-star break, and Tanev hasn't exactly looked like chopped meat out there either. We don't even need to make a move.

Similar to Philly losing Pronger really.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TML nation13 View Post
Ta Da!

As for the second point, it's not the extra year. If we had a need or a use for him, 3.8 in cap space for another year isn't tough to swallow. But why move anything to pick him up when we have 3 D men due for return in the next week or two, and Edler's recovery time is estimated at 6-8 weeks, for someone who will basically eat the cap space we need for Bieksa and Ehrhoff?

Quote:

Burrows is damn near untouchable at his contract, and any top line forwards or either of our goaltenders will demand a much, much better return then Beauchemin. If Beauch is working for Toronto fans, great, but Vancouver neither needs or wants him. I'll take what you've said here contrasted against you're earlier arguments and just agree that this proposal won't work at all for either side.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 02:52 PM
Hi-wayman

If Vancouver does decide to trade for another defenseman, it won't be for any Leaf defensemen and especially not a defenceman with a $3.8 M salary for this and next season.

Much more likely seeing a trade with Nashville, Atlanta, Florida or Ottawa

Hi-wayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 02:54 PM
Tarot Sport*

Quote:

Tarot Sport* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 02:55 PM
DFAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Whitbread View Post
....definitely not creepy at all

DFAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 02:58 PM
The Instigator

vCash: 900
Quote:

Lol the **** you say is golden. Just golden.

The Instigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 03:04 PM
a pony

Why would the Canucks take on a terrible contract just to help the Leafs clear some cap space?

a pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 03:06 PM
Co Ho*

I didn't know trade proposals were supposed to demolish one team's chance of winning a cup.
Terrible.

Co Ho* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 03:07 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
That's exactly what they should be doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Burrows is damn near untouchable at his contract, and any top line forwards or either of our goaltenders will demand a much, much better return then Beauchemin. If Beauch is working for Toronto fans, great, but Vancouver neither needs or wants him. I'll take what you've said here contrasted against you're earlier arguments and just agree that this proposal won't work at all for either side.
Nowhere did I say that the Canucks would make that trade -- simply that's what it would take.

Old
01-27-2011, 03:08 PM
Tarot Sport*

Quote:
That's exactly what they should be doing.
Yeah why would lottery teams trade their players for players on first-place teams? Preposterous!

Tarot Sport* is offline   Reply With Quote