HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill X

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2011, 11:39 AM
Mr Irreverent
Misunderstood

vCash: 500
Semin is not the "right fit".

Old
01-27-2011, 11:39 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post
Washington has Varlamov, Neuvirth, and Holtby. No room for Bernier.

The thing is, which one's their #1? AIUI, they don't have a clear-cut go-to guy.

Old
01-27-2011, 11:42 AM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
The thing is, which one's their #1? AIUI, they don't have a clear-cut go-to guy.
Yeah, but they're good enough and young enough, that you have to let one mature into a #1. No reason to trade for another goaltender in a similar situation from their point of view.

Old
01-27-2011, 11:44 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Yeah, but they're good enough and young enough, that you have to let one mature into a #1. No reason to trade for another goaltender in a similar situation from their point of view.
I think the general belief is that Bernier's upside is higher than that of any of the goalies the Caps currently have.

Old
01-27-2011, 12:31 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

The Caps have too many goalies like Bernier, though his upside might be higher. Bernier isn't any more proven than their 3 young goalies.

I think it's just the Caps way of keeping Semin in the fold without having to commit to him long term. I could be wrong, I think a lot of you want him so bad you're projecting what's not there.

Old
01-27-2011, 12:35 PM
Whiskeypete

im with JBF on this. it's a quick fix for WASH to keep in under contract and avoid UFA this summer. a quick way for G McPhee to give him a FMV contract, but not commit long-term to him. Ovi was lobbying for him earlier this season for an extension.

Old
01-27-2011, 04:09 PM
Tadite

Guys... Washingtons 5th in the Eastern Conference. They aren't trading Semin and it's a little stupid to think they would. They've spent far to much time and money working for a playoff run just to kill themselves because of a UFA.

UFA isn't that bad. It's normal. People leave. Not worth throwing away a cup run.

In all honesty I don't think anyone is going to be traded this year that's really exciting. Maybe a couple of Sens but even then the ones being talk about are nearing the end of their careers.

heh. Moulson AND Semin both resigned. God this off-season doesn't have any UFA!

Last edited by Tadite: 01-27-2011 at 04:17 PM.
Old
01-27-2011, 04:16 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Moulson signs a 3 year deal with the Isles at $3.3 per year.

Nice signing and a nice contract, way to go Mattie!

Old
01-27-2011, 04:19 PM
KingsFan7824

Quote:
Guys... Washingtons 5th in the Eastern Conference. They aren't trading Semin and it's a little stupid to think they would. They've spent far to much time and money working for a playoff run just to kill themselves because of a UFA.
I never understood the Semin talk. If Washington was terrible, that's one thing, but they're a contender. They have no reason to trade Semin, signed next year or not. The Kings would have to make it worth their while to get him, and the Caps aren't going for prospects and picks. It took a veteran NHL defenseman with well over 700 games of NHL experience, plus 70+ playoff games under his belt, to get Fleischmann. It would take that, plus, to even be in the Semin ballpark.

Old
01-27-2011, 04:34 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Since it seems quite a few of the big UFAs this summer are now re-signed or rumored to want to re-sign with their current clubs, do you guys think that may mean DL will be looking for a bigger trade that isn't just a rental come the Trade Deadline?

Normally he's looking to sell pieces or to get a few smaller (like last year), but always had the carrot dangling in front of him of perhaps a LARGE signing come July 1. It seems like a GM would be more inclined to try and get your big player with a trade since people like Semin (and probably Richards) will be off the table by then. There is no hope of landing that huge guy in a few months after the deadline on July 1.

Just a thought.

Old
01-27-2011, 05:04 PM
scramble91

now only if we can resign JW with the same caphit as moulson

other than that, the UFA well is already drying up. Looks like we really will have to rely on the youngings for the next few years. Unless Dean pulls off a stunner, which is doubtful.

Old
01-27-2011, 05:11 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by scramble91 View Post
now only if we can resign JW with the same caphit as moulson

other than that, the UFA well is already drying up. Looks like we really will have to rely on the youngings for the next few years. Unless Dean pulls off a stunner, which is doubtful.
This isn't a bad thing.
I'm fine with not doing a trade.
What i'm asking for is that Lombardi finally stops to throw our young breakout talents away for free.

Old
01-27-2011, 05:22 PM
scramble91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
This isn't a bad thing.
I'm fine with not doing a trade.
What i'm asking for is that Lombardi finally stops to throw our young breakout talents away for free.
I do agree that unless dean has a whopper of a trade for a legit top 6 player, I'm all on board with waiting for the kids. Are the rest of the kings fans willing to wait another 2-3 years before we really become legit contenders?

Old
01-27-2011, 05:33 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
I do agree that unless dean has a whopper of a trade for a legit top 6 player, I'm all on board with waiting for the kids. Are the rest of the kings fans willing to wait another 2-3 years before we really become legit contenders?
What a loaded question. People will want it now, even if there are no materials (players) available now to fix it. I am fine with waiting for Loktionov and Moller to mature. They both deserve their shot as does Parse. It's the right way to do things. The only deal I see as a real possibility would be trading from our strength (yound defensemen) to a team that has what we might need in a young AHL'er that might be ready to step into a top six role in one or two seasons.

It's going to hurt if we can't get Williams re-signed.

Old
01-27-2011, 05:36 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
What a loaded question. People will want it now, even if there are no materials (players) available now to fix it. I am fine with waiting for Loktionov and Moller to mature. They both deserve their shot as does Parse. It's the right way to do things.
I am worried there are going to be too many of them and not enough spots soon. Our cupboard is starting to become too full
Plus isn't Moller close to being waiver eligible?

We should package a Moller + to an Ottawa or Edmonton

Old
01-27-2011, 05:44 PM
scramble91

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
What a loaded question. People will want it now, even if there are no materials (players) available now to fix it. I am fine with waiting for Loktionov and Moller to mature. They both deserve their shot as does Parse. It's the right way to do things. The only deal I see as a real possibility would be trading from our strength (yound defensemen) to a team that has what we might need in a young AHL'er that might be ready to step into a top six role in one or two seasons.

It's going to hurt if we can't get Williams re-signed.
Just seems like people want it now since deans plan is taking longer than anticipated. Losing Williams will hurt big next year, then losing smyth the following year will hurt just as much.

The question was more to point out the fact that our play will be more inconsistent he next 2 years if we rely on the kids. It would be worth the wait to see id lokti and moller can be legit first or second line wingers.

Old
01-27-2011, 06:07 PM
king maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
I am worried there are going to be too many of them and not enough spots soon. Our cupboard is starting to become too full
Plus isn't Moller close to being waiver eligible?

We should package a Moller + to an Ottawa or Edmonton
I wonder if DL has intrest in Mikhalek (sp?) hes a lw and a former shark?

Old
01-27-2011, 06:14 PM
wicker

Williams needs to get re-signed. We can't go into next season with too many holes, because there aren't many options available.

Lokti-Kopi-Brown
Smyth-Stoll-Williams
Clifford-Schenn-Simmonds
Richy-Lewis-Manchester kid (Moller?)

That is how I see the team looking next season, realistically.

Old
01-27-2011, 06:19 PM
scramble91

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicker View Post
Williams needs to get re-signed. We can't go into next season with too many holes, because there aren't many options available.

Lokti-Kopi-Brown
Smyth-Stoll-Williams
Clifford-Schenn-Simmonds

I wouldn't mind that lineup if Kopi and lokti build some Chemistry this year. I would try ou schenn in between smyth and Williams so he can learn from the vets, and possibly open things up for the other 2.

Old
01-27-2011, 06:21 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
I wouldn't mind that lineup if Kopi and lokti build some Chemistry this year. I would try ou schenn in between smyth and Williams so he can learn from the vets, and possibly open things up for the other 2.
I would also feel much more comfortable with Stoll in a checking role than Schenn

I also read something during the WJC that Smyth has been mentoring Schenn and I think it would be great if they were on a line together

Old
01-27-2011, 06:57 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post
A veteran D, good prospect, goalie (Bernier?) +
Caps would want either Scuderi or Greene, no team needs a quality stay at home dman NOW than the Caps. Then add from there.

Old
01-27-2011, 07:12 PM
Youngblood93

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicker View Post

Lokti-Kopi-Brown
Smyth-Stoll-Williams
Clifford-Schenn-Simmonds

If this is the line up next year, the Kings will be in the same postion as this year. Fighting for a playoff spot and most likely looking in from the outside

Old
01-27-2011, 07:16 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngblood93 View Post
If this is the line up next year, the Kings will be in the same postion as this year. Fighting for a playoff spot and most likely looking in from the outside
I think that's what you're looking at minus Williams.

Old
01-27-2011, 07:31 PM
Youngblood93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
I think that's what you're looking at minus Williams.
If Williams signs elsewhere, Brown drops to 2nd line.

Maybe Loktionov does a decent job on the LW with Kopi but DL would have to fill the other wing via trade.

This team can't keep getting younger every year.

Old
01-27-2011, 08:16 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I would hope that Michalek is not an option for Lombardi to trade for. The guy has been a dud since going to Ottawa. He scored only 34 points in 66 games in his first year there and currently has 20 points in 46 games. But what's worse is his contract. He has three years remaining, with the final year on his contract earning him $6M per year. Although his cap hit remains at $4.3M, Michalek would not be a solution to the Kings' inconsistent scoring problems.

Should the Oilers decide to move Penner, he'll likely garner the most amount of interest from GM's around the league. I'd figure that the Oilers would want immediate help along with other young players to build around. While I'm sure none of us would be opposed to losing a Moller and Hickey or Teubert to acquire Penner, I would think that the Oilers would want a Simmonds or Clifford as the main piece heading back, something I'm sure most of you would be reluctant to do. But you have to remember, he is one of Edmonton's top players and the Oilers won't sell low for a player that would be high in demand.

If Columbus is going to be a seller, then I would look at R.J. Umberger or Kristian Huselius as options. Both have one year remaining on their contracts. Umberger is more of a Hartnell type grinding LW but with a pretty good shot. Huselius is more of a finesse winger with playmaking abilities and is a three-time 60+ point scorer. He could add some much needed talent and playmaking to the offense.

Another name to keep an eye on is Brad Boyes. Should the Blues be out of playoff contention, they'll likely move Boyes who also has one year left on his deal. He's a former 40 and 30 goal scorer and has had seasons with 65 and 72 points.

Closed Thread