Notices

Caps @ Thrashers 7:00 - NHL vs AHL

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2011, 09:26 PM
KevFist
is best pony

vCash: 500
Washington Capitals officially pwned by the Atlanta Thrashers this season.

Old
01-26-2011, 09:26 PM
Ashe

Boulton/Stapleton/Cormier all had minutes less then 4 tonight *Cormier had 2:16*....Wtf?

Finally a break for our guys, They need it. And hopefully we'll have A new 2nd liner when we come back from break

Old
01-26-2011, 09:28 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Cormier was injured from a hit by Green in the 1st

Old
01-26-2011, 09:29 PM
Telfo
THRASHERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashe View Post
Boulton/Stapleton/Cormier all had minutes less then 4 tonight *Cormier had 2:16*....Wtf?

Finally a break for our guys, They need it. And hopefully we'll have A new 2nd liner when we come back from break
Cormier started on the 2nd line, i think he got banged up in the 1st period. he didnt play at all in the 2nd and only like 1 shift in the 3rd

Old
01-26-2011, 09:30 PM
Shameus

Edit: nevermind, I see my Cormier question was raised already.

Old
01-26-2011, 09:35 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

So that's what it's like to win in regulation.

Neat.

Old
01-26-2011, 09:36 PM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

So please to log in today and see Atlanta with a 1-0 shut out.

Hopefully a winning streak can start with more players returning after the all star break

Old
01-26-2011, 09:38 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Kane is hilarious, anyone just see him interview Little. I love the way Little stood on his tip toes to try to be as tall as Kane.

Good stuff.

Old
01-26-2011, 09:55 PM
Aaronxxx

Old
01-26-2011, 09:58 PM
hockey momma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleazoid View Post
Good first period. Little is always so great.
Yes, but it is too bad the coach won't give him someone to play with

Old
01-26-2011, 10:09 PM
flerd_trandle

This game reminded me of when I play foosball with my friends. We're all used to hard, fast shots. Then, some noob gets on the table who can barely make contact with the ball but keeps beating you with slow rollers.

I'll take the 2 points.

To say Stewart has hands of stone, is insulting to stone.

After looking bad the first five or ten minutes, Bogosian played a pretty effective game.

Old
01-26-2011, 10:19 PM
Aaronxxx

Yes, bogo played much better and a safer game tonight. Hopefully he's returned to earth

Old
01-26-2011, 10:33 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Welcome back Zach.

Interesting site during warmups....Zach was standing in front of the net during some of the drills and was just standing there watching pucks. He seemed to really be trying to focus on following the puck. It was definitely different and stood out like the coaches wanted him to do it.

I guess it helped! The other nice thing to see was he went to his knee a couple of times like Sopel to block passes. He looked like the old Zach and I hope he stays.

Hainsey was awesome with him. I hope they keep that pairing when Enstrom gets back.

Buff - Toby
Hainsey - Bogosian
Oduya - Sopel.

The ref #38 was absolutely awful. Guys were talking to him during every time out and he was just laughing and being a complete a-hole.

Hustle like that the rest of the season will get us into the playoffs.

I wish I could have heard the radio feed with Kaner, and I wish we'd have set the DVR. DOH!

Listened to the post game radio show on the way home, Bogo was the guest and just as we all kept saying, he admitted to "thinking" instead of playing the game. He said the new system, coaches were causing him to think too much and it slowed him down. Hopefully he can now just relax and play.

We should all be sports psychologists. We could have healed him in early December. DOH! Again.

Old
01-26-2011, 10:50 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrasherMinion View Post
Welcome back Zach.

Interesting site during warmups....Zach was standing in front of the net during some of the drills and was just standing there watching pucks. He seemed to really be trying to focus on following the puck. It was definitely different and stood out like the coaches wanted him to do it.

Funny. I went down to the glass for warm-ups and didn't notice. Good to hear though.

I guess it helped! The other nice thing to see was he went to his knee a couple of times like Sopel to block passes. He looked like the old Zach and I hope he stays.

This was great to see. Had several nice blocked shots tonight. Couple against Ovechkin. Also had a couple of big hits.

Hainsey was awesome with him. I hope they keep that pairing when Enstrom gets back.

This was very nice to see. When I saw him paired with Hainsey I was optimistic because of how well Hainsey has played this year.

Buff - Toby
Hainsey - Bogosian
Oduya - Sopel.

The ref #38 was absolutely awful. Guys were talking to him during every time out and he was just laughing and being a complete a-hole.

I assume he was the one NOT calling penalties against Washington.

Hustle like that the rest of the season will get us into the playoffs.

I wish I could have heard the radio feed with Kaner, and I wish we'd have set the DVR. DOH!

Wish I could have seen this as well. Heard them talking about it during the post game show.

Listened to the post game radio show on the way home, Bogo was the guest and just as we all kept saying, he admitted to "thinking" instead of playing the game. He said the new system, coaches were causing him to think too much and it slowed him down. Hopefully he can now just relax and play.

We should all be sports psychologists. We could have healed him in early December. DOH! Again.
Hopefully we can get healthy and can play like this the rest of the year.

Old
01-26-2011, 10:50 PM
chipper
Thrashers forever

Send a message via AIM to chipper
Wait, Kane was on the radio feed? WHAT? AND I MISSED IT?

#&*$#&*$^#*@$^@#*&$#@^$^#*$^#@$^&@#^$* That literally kills the great day I had. That makes me mad to no end.

Anyways, thank God for Ondrej Pavelec.

Old
01-26-2011, 10:55 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

ya, Bogo (I refuse to call him Bogie because he was good when he was "Bogo") was between the hash marks and just off towards the right side of the goal during one of the drills where they toss the puck around the boards and the D-man picks it up and then passes for the multi pass and shoot drill.

You could just watch him turn his head and then look back at skaters, then find the puck again. Then he did it again when guys were just running the middle between drills. Pretty interesting because he was sooooo focused. Even for Bogosian!

I give him total props tonight. He played really well.

Old
01-26-2011, 11:00 PM
SilverRiver89

Well, that was fun. Very nice to get a win before the break. And I finally got to see a shutout in person.

Went with the chocolate crepe. It was pretty alright, but really sweet like I was warned. I'll try the fruit one next time.

Ramsay's post game press conference: http://video.thrashers.nhl.com/video...id=14&id=94650

And I hope they upload Kane and Kamal somewhere for those of us who missed it. Sounds like it was fun.

Old
01-27-2011, 12:03 AM
orangethrasher
Blue in ex-Blueland

Well, that was a fun game to be at. We had a great time and finally we got to walk out happy

The Caps forecheck was really strong tonight... they caused multiple turnovers and rushed plays. I don't know how they kept up that pace the whole game.

I was very impressed with Bogosian tonight... great to see! In fact, the whole defense had a pretty good game.

Can't wait until Enstrom comes back and we can have a reasonably effective PP again.

Old
01-27-2011, 01:41 AM
KaraLupin
카라

How did Bergfors look?

Old
01-27-2011, 02:36 AM
klikkar

Couldn't watch the game, happy Thrashers won and happy for the SO for Pavs.

Watching the highlights I love how the DJ started playing Crazy Train when Pavelec stoned Green!

Old
01-27-2011, 06:18 AM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipper View Post
Wait, Kane was on the radio feed? WHAT? AND I MISSED IT?
Kane was on for period two, and about 2/3 of period three. Early in the second, he had Kamal fooled for a second that Stewart scored a goal. Kane's response to Antropov's goal was "yep," right before Kamal went in with GOOOOAAALLLL#!@#!

I was quite entertained. It's one night I'm actually glad I didn't check the television feed.

At another point, Kane mentioned one of the horrible missed calls. Kamal said "get used to it, kid." Then, quickly corrected himself with "wait, you should already be used to it." Kane laughs, "yeah, I see it from the bench all the time."

Old
01-27-2011, 09:28 AM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by klikkar View Post
Couldn't watch the game, happy Thrashers won and happy for the SO for Pavs.

Watching the highlights I love how the DJ started playing Crazy Train when Pavelec stoned Green!
For some reason I had a feeling they would play something like that. That save was unreal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4aces View Post
Kane was on for period two, and about 2/3 of period three. Early in the second, he had Kamal fooled for a second that Stewart scored a goal. Kane's response to Antropov's goal was "yep," right before Kamal went in with GOOOOAAALLLL#!@#!

I was quite entertained. It's one night I'm actually glad I didn't check the television feed.

At another point, Kane mentioned one of the horrible missed calls. Kamal said "get used to it, kid." Then, quickly corrected himself with "wait, you should already be used to it." Kane laughs, "yeah, I see it from the bench all the time."
Sounds like Kane was a blast to listen too.

Old
01-27-2011, 04:12 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrieresSalary View Post
How did Bergfors look?
same as always. good on the rush and in the offensive zone, and invisible otherwise, which i guess is good for a player that is relied on only for offense.

Old
01-27-2011, 06:32 PM
Ashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
same as always. good on the rush and in the offensive zone, and invisible otherwise, which i guess is good for a player that is relied on only for offense.
To expand on this : Was deep in the forecheck and was rushing the points super well when there was pressure in our zone.

he's looking better at the 2 way game each time he is out

Closed Thread