HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Ideas for a Flyers' alternate jersey?

Old
01-10-2011, 04:15 PM
TheLegendkiller

vCash: 500
I found some Flyers' concepts from off a site.

I think this is what everybody is talking about with using black just as the main color on the jerseys they have now. I think it looks good (minus the alternate logo he attempted, he tried to use a design from Boosh's mask to see how it looked).

Heres another from the site that was an idea for the Flyers in the 2012 Winter Classic if they play in it again.

The first time I saw this I was like **** that, but the more I look at it the more I appreciate the design. Its such a retro look but really doesn't look too bad. I'd put less striping on the arms but I really like the Flyer logo shoulder patches with the Flyers writing on the front.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 04:20 PM
Mosetter27

Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
As far as I know, they are not planning on using them at all.
Black jerseys were axed

Mosetter27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 09:34 PM
jvr2128

...not really a fan of black jerseys...

here are some concepts i found

and

Obviously keep the logo as it is now...and maybe make the jerseys a little simpler....but i love the jereseys we have right now...

jvr2128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 10:05 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post

Heres another from the site that was an idea for the Flyers in the 2012 Winter Classic if they play in it again.

The first time I saw this I was like **** that, but the more I look at it the more I appreciate the design. Its such a retro look but really doesn't look too bad. I'd put less striping on the arms but I really like the Flyer logo shoulder patches with the Flyers writing on the front.
I believe this is a takeoff of the old Philadelphia Quakers that were in the NHL for one season... IMO it is a great thought and a decent very retro concept. Of course the Flyers named replaces the name Quakers.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 10:10 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
As far as I know, they are not planning on using them at all.
IIRC in the NHL teams must set up ahead of time the usage schedule for wearing anything other than their regular Home and Away jerseys... and the Alternate has been axed for this season.

I also believe there has to be a set amount of time given the NHL on any plans for jersey changes and alternates. IIRC it is over one year... but I cannot recall the exact length of time.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 10:27 PM
SeanVT395
It's Not Even Close

First of all, in my opinion, the Flyers jerseys main should not be ****ed with. They have been pretty much the same throughout the history of the franchise untill the 90's and they decided to change their main color to black...

It took the orginization, what, 13 years? to finally get them back on track to the way they should always be and I really hope they don't change, just like the Habs jerseys.

however I would totally be for a more modern and unique alternate jersey that gets worn maybe 7-8 times a year, a concept that we really haven't seen before for the fun of us, the fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvr2128 View Post
...not really a fan of black jerseys...

here are some concepts i found

For instance I love the concept of these jerseys, maybe give it the logo with the silver lining like the 06-07 3rds.

Quote:

that's actually really cool. The designer of those copied the uniforms of the old Quakers, who only existed for one season in the 30's

If they used those for another possible winter classic, i'd totally be for it.

SeanVT395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 12:50 PM
The Orange Update

Some Flyers alternate jersey concepts...

Hey Guys,

I came by this thread on Google and I thought I'd share some of my concepts and designs I made for the Flyers. Let me know what you think.

This is probably my best design, for a Flyers Black Alternate. I also have an entire article about it on my blog here, http://www.theorangeupdate.com/2011/01/flyers-in-need-of-new-black-alternate.html.

Bear with me because I'm new to this forum thing so I hope the image attached.

I also have a lot of other concepts on my site: http://web.me.com/robertgiannone2/Th...ncept_Art.html

And if you guys ever have any of your designs that you'd like to put on display, send them my way and I'll put them up! Looking for any and all designs!

We actually have a Flyers 3rd Jersey Design Contest where you can win an Orange Update t-shirt and a gift card to Fan Gear:
http://web.me.com/robertgiannone2/The_Orange_Update/Jersey_Design_Contest.html

And I'm not trying to spam by any means, just trying to share my designs with you guys. Hope you enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: png FLYERS-VINTAGE-ICE.png‎ (285.7 KB, 54 views)

The Orange Update is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 03:18 PM
PhillyCurt12

i wouldn't mind seeing a mostly black jersey with orange and purple in it a la philadelphia phantoms, although i'm likely in the minority on that one

PhillyCurt12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 03:41 PM
flountown

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Orange Update View Post
Hey Guys,

I came by this thread on Google and I thought I'd share some of my concepts and designs I made for the Flyers. Let me know what you think.

This is probably my best design, for a Flyers Black Alternate. I also have an entire article about it on my blog here, http://www.theorangeupdate.com/2011/01/flyers-in-need-of-new-black-alternate.html.

I also have a lot of other concepts on my site: http://web.me.com/robertgiannone2/Th...ncept_Art.html

And if you guys ever have any of your designs that you'd like to put on display, send them my way and I'll put them up! Looking for any and all designs!

We actually have a Flyers 3rd Jersey Design Contest where you can win an Orange Update t-shirt and a gift card to Fan Gear:

And I'm not trying to spam by any means, just trying to share my designs with you guys. Hope you enjoy!
My only issue with the retro styles you have is that the logo sits kind of low. A bit too much on the stomach for me.

Otherwise I am a huge fan of the Quakers style jersey.

flountown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 03:43 PM
The Cheat
Habitual Linestepper

Send a message via AIM to The Cheat Send a message via MSN to The Cheat

The Cheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 04:03 PM
i am dave

I remember a lot of fan-concepts back before the EDGE jerseys were revealed, and I went back just now to find them. I liked the ideas thrown around in these posts:

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=9876962&postcount=45

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=9878638&postcount=46

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=9897872&postcount=65

i am dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 05:45 PM
Mosetter27

Quote:
Hey Guys,

yo man ... where did you get your prototype made at THAT JERSEY IS SICK!

Mosetter27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 06:06 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypunkrock View Post
I would love that as a jersey if the white was instead cream. That would kick ass.

And that logo that mixes all of the cities sports teams logos is phenomenal.
Quote:

I like both of these... and I actually don't mind the cream.
I've always wanted the Flyers to have a sweater with the "ties"

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 09:35 PM
The Orange Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjd624 View Post
yo man ... where did you get your prototype made at THAT JERSEY IS SICK!
Haha I made it myself!!

Old
01-27-2011, 09:42 PM
The Orange Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
I like both of these... and I actually don't mind the cream.
I've always wanted the Flyers to have a sweater with the "ties"
I actually tried to make that jersey in white and it just didn't look right. And when/if the Flyers make a vintage third, lace ups are a must!!

Old
01-27-2011, 10:01 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanVT395 View Post

that's actually really cool. The designer of those copied the uniforms of the old Quakers, who only existed for one season in the 30's

If they used those for another possible winter classic, i'd totally be for it.
I like the Quaker idea. But I'd like the P to be somewhere, and the font is kind of ehh.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 08:01 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
I like the Quaker idea. But I'd like the P to be somewhere, and the font is kind of ehh.
If you're gonna do a Quakers one, do it at the Winter Classic, I say.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 10:40 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
Would probably be a shoulder patch.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 10:50 AM
PhillyFlying

I like the idea of a black jersey with "FLYERS" written diagonally across the front, similar to the pittsburgh jersey's from the 90's and the early 2000's avs thirds. i'm personally against any altering of the current flyers logo. it's not in any way outdated and isn't broke, therefore needs no fixing.

PhillyFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 11:59 AM
Orange Crush 89

Orange Crush 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 12:52 PM
bp spec

vCash: 50
Quote:
Hey Guys,

beautiful

bp spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 02:12 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
If you're gonna do a Quakers one, do it at the Winter Classic, I say.
I agree.

I just don't like how the writing is on an angle.

If the NHL wanted to go old school, they should make the jerseys sweaters.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 01:51 PM
HockeyJerseyConcepts

Quote:

I think this is what everybody is talking about with using black just as the main color on the jerseys they have now. I think it looks good (minus the alternate logo he attempted, he tried to use a design from Boosh's mask to see how it looked).

Thanks for taking images from my site and not properly citing it.
HockeyJerseyConcepts.com
There, that wasn't so hard was it? There's actually room on the site to discuss the jersey. Why not discuss it there and link to it here?

HockeyJerseyConcepts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 01:58 PM
Start Leighton*

Orange Update I really like the jerseys you attached as a thumbnail. In other words I would definitely buy one of them if they were our alt. jerseys.

Start Leighton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 02:01 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
Hey Guys,

Very cool. Like the retro feel.

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote