HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

filatov - voynov

Old
01-26-2011, 12:59 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

vCash: 500
I'd do this trade in a heartbeat, Voynov is expendable and he's pretty much not coming back to Manchester if he's not with the Kings next year. Let Columbus handle that kind of headache

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 01:45 AM
Jetteroheller

i would likewise do this trade...

Getter Done Deano!!

Dont think Columbus would do the trade however...

Jetteroheller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 04:52 PM
markisonfire

Filatov seems to have a bad case of the "Patrick O'Sullivan"s. Seems to play pretty soft hockey and hasn't fared well on Columbus. Also, he needs to put on some pounds.

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 05:17 PM
William H Bonney

I'd do the trade even though I'm not convinced that Filatov will be anything other than another enigmatic talent that couldn't put it all together when the going got tough. Even with that, we need talent on the wings and Filatov is exactly that. He's still only 20 so he has plenty of time to prove he can bulk up, handle the physical play of the NHL, and find the defensive zone.

I'm worried that Voynov is gone to the KHL next year if he doesn't make the Kings and barring us losing one of our current Top 6 I don't see that happening even if he's ready for the jump.

I don't see Columbus taking a deal just for Voynov mostly because they don't rid themselves of the KHL risk that way. Although, if they're convinced Voynov is ready to step in and be a long term player for them I could seem them doing it since they need help on D.

Other than the KHL factor, I'd prefer we trade Hickey before Voynov but I'm wary of losing any of our top prospects for a player that may bolt at the first sign of trouble.

01-27-2011, 05:52 PM
EliasR8
Brendan Shanahan!

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Boy View Post

The deal that I would love:

Voynov, Hickey, Teubert + 1st for Parise

quite sure devils´fans wouldn´t
Nope, that's basically 4 prospects for a elite player.

Anyway Filatov is being developed by Columbus they screw up on a lot of prospects Nash is an outlier plus he is only 20. I would think Filatov would be good on Kopitar's wing. He will keep adding pounds over the summer like he did last summer(I think he gained somewhere around 15 pounds) if developed properly a Filatov, Kopitar line would be scary.

Since your defense is pretty good already, and have a good defensive prospect pool I would think moving Voynov for Filatov would be worth the risk.

Plus I bet he would love to get out of Columbus to live in LA.

EliasR8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 06:02 PM
king maker

Didnt DL really like him at the draft combine ?

king maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 06:06 PM
wicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIR8 View Post
Nope, that's basically 4 prospects for a elite player.

Anyway Filatov is being developed by Columbus they screw up on a lot of prospects Nash is an outlier plus he is only 20. I would think Filatov would be good on Kopitar's wing. He will keep adding pounds over the summer like he did last summer(I think he gained somewhere around 15 pounds) if developed properly a Filatov, Kopitar line would be scary.

Since your defense is pretty good already, and have a good defensive prospect pool I would think moving Voynov for Filatov would be worth the risk.

Plus I bet he would love to get out of Columbus to live in LA.
Yeah, that Parise trade is never going to happen.

I do like the prospect of swapping a Hickey/Voinov for Filatov, but I fear that his development has gone awry due to the way the Jackets have handled him. However, it also reminds me of the way the Kings have handled Moller, so it's a pot meet kettle kind of thing. I remember Filatov getting a hat-trick in a game and being sent down the next day, and it resembles the Moller stint of this season, where he had three points in four games, but it still wasn't enough for him to stick.

The are going to be zero quality wingers available over the summer, so this should be something that the organization should really look at.

Also, as a poster already expressed, I would rather have Hickey go the other way, even though that still creates a problem. If Voinov is the guy that sticks around and we still don't have a spot on the team for him next year, then he might take off. The kid has done everything that has been asked of him. Tough choice.

wicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 06:09 PM
wicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsation8 View Post
I would do this deal in a heartbeat. Filatov is really close to breaking in, and while we have a ton of young defensive depth, we have no one currently who is really ready for the big leagues on offense other than Lokti and Schenn. Not to mention he brings in a ton of much needed speed.

Filatov-Kopitar-Brown
Loktionov-Schenn-Williams
Smyth-Stoll-Simmonds
Clifford-Lewis-Richardson

Just think about how much speed that 2nd line will have!!
I can also see Kopi and Filatov making good chemistry.
That is such a young lineup, man. It looks good, but I also think that group of guys will be prone to experiencing a lot of highs and lows next season.

I really like it, though.

wicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 06:42 PM
MxK1NGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicker View Post
That is such a young lineup, man. It looks good, but I also think that group of guys will be prone to experiencing a lot of highs and lows next season.

I really like it, though.
Yep, I don't know who I would take out for a player with experience either...
There is at least one young gun on the top 3 lines..(I also made a minor change to the line-up from my first post, plus the bold ones being the rookies). I can see it kinda work out as every play has played a little time in the NHL. Also... Do we give Sturm a little more time? He is known for those huge play-off goals, and he may work like Handzus where he took this season off but come the next season starts to get it going..?

Filatov-Kopitar-Brown
Smyth-Schenn-Williams
Loktionov-Stoll-Simmonds(4th year by then good enough?)
Clifford-Lewis-Richardson

MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 09:47 PM
Jungle Boy

draft day
Maybe Voynov + Teubert + a 3rd for Filatov and Columbus 1st (assuming it´s not a top 5 pick)?
remember, this is a weak draft, and CLB is not very good at drafting

Jungle Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 09:48 PM
vh2k7

Send a message via AIM to vh2k7 Send a message via MSN to vh2k7 Send a message via Skype™ to vh2k7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Boy View Post
draft day
Maybe Voynov + Teubert + a 3rd for Filatov and Columbus 1st (assuming it´s not a top 5 pick)?
remember, this is a weak draft, and CLB is not very good at drafting
i like that our rationale is "well you aren't very good at drafting, can we have that guy you drafted?"

vh2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 09:55 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by banksy View Post
Didnt DL really like him at the draft combine ?
Yes, but I am sure his problems with coaching staff in Columbus has raised red flags for Dean, but I would have to think on some basic level he is interested. All depends on price.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 09:57 PM
Jungle Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vh2k7 View Post
i like that our rationale is "well you aren't very good at drafting, can we have that guy you drafted?"
I didn´t say that you are always wrong. I said that you usually are.

Old
01-27-2011, 10:28 PM
Mattias

Any day of the week I do this trade.

Our winger prospect depth is pretty bad, and our depth on D is a good strength.

Mattias is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 10:39 PM
funky

Would be all over a Voinov for Filatov trade.

I think they both have upside, but our defence is set with puckmovers at present with Doughty, JJ, Martinez up top and Hickey, Voinov and even Muzzin in the minors.

We are weak on the wings and have no top line LW talent anywhere. Filatov may grow into this or he may not. I would be willing to take the chance., He adds speed to the top line and with Kopitar's size and Browns bullish attitude they may just mesh.

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 05:14 AM
JT8888

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicker View Post
I do like the prospect of swapping a Hickey/Voinov for Filatov,
I would totally like to make it Hickey instead of Voynov, but honestly if i was the CLB i would want Voynov and maybe a pick.

Well i put it on the main trade board and got basically no response, which means it must be kinda fair ha. If it wasnt i am sure we would be hearing about how "Voynov sucks blah blah blah"

JT8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 05:20 AM
Jungle Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT8888 View Post
I would totally like to make it Hickey instead of Voynov, but honestly if i was the CLB i would want Voynov and maybe a pick.

Well i put it on the main trade board and got basically no response, which means it must be kinda fair ha. If it wasnt i am sure we would be hearing about how "Voynov sucks blah blah blah"
the trade board sucks!

Old
01-30-2011, 04:36 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Id be all over Hickey Filatov deal but not voynov, not even close. A true legitimate 1st pairing dman for a troubled talented kid who just may have wash out written on him, why risk it.

To me Hickey for Filatov makes sense as they are both seriously talented and both have different but equally troubling challenges. The risk reward makes sense.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2011, 04:54 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Id be all over Hickey Filatov deal but not voynov, not even close. A true legitimate 1st pairing dman for a troubled talented kid who just may have wash out written on him, why risk it.

To me Hickey for Filatov makes sense as they are both seriously talented and both have different but equally troubling challenges. The risk reward makes sense.
I agree 100%.

Filatov has shown nothing since being drafted, and Voynov has gotten better with each passing season.

I'd even go as far as saying Voynov's stock is higher than Filatov's right now. If they were getting re-drafted today, I bet VV would go before NF.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2011, 05:05 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Agreed jj22.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote