HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

No Longer Underachievers

Old
01-25-2011, 09:55 AM
Habblues

vCash: 500
No Longer Underachievers

Back on Dec 31st I posted a thread regarding the Habs top 5 underachievers(IMO). I want to go on record as saying the Habs no longer have ANY underachievers. I have never been so proud to be a Habs fan. Every player is playing with heart and emotion and the results speak for themselves. Especially Max Pac !!! After watching in Horror as he was taken away on a stretcher to the hospital,the guy bounces back and plays the next game,AND PLAYS WELL i might add. Keep up the great work HABS !!!!!

Habblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 10:58 AM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habblues View Post
Back on Dec 31st I posted a thread regarding the Habs top 5 underachievers(IMO). I want to go on record as saying the Habs no longer have ANY underachievers. I have never been so proud to be a Habs fan. Every player is playing with heart and emotion and the results speak for themselves. Especially Max Pac !!! After watching in Horror as he was taken away on a stretcher to the hospital,the guy bounces back and plays the next game,AND PLAYS WELL i might add. Keep up the great work HABS !!!!!
We have a streaky team, so in a month you might change your mind again.

Hopefully they can keep up a winning pace, because they're a lot more fun to watch when they're playing well.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 11:41 AM
Habblues

As long as they give 100% win or lose I`m behind them.

Old
01-25-2011, 11:55 AM
clarke19

Pre-injury Mike Cammalleri was an underachiever.

clarke19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 01:21 PM
Serious HABit

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bipolar_disorder

Serious HABit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 02:40 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Not even Gomez? Blasphemy!

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 04:23 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious HABit View Post
Heh, I think Habblues surpassed the HarryI level of bipolarity.

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 11:36 PM
Habblues

Hey I call it like I see it.......Up until tonight, we have been playing well and working hard (including Gomez). We had a bad outing tonight,and we beat ourselves. We`re better than the Flyers we all know that........Bi-Polar.....lol........Some people`s kids.

Old
01-26-2011, 09:15 AM
neofury*

I love when bipolar people are in denial. It's so funny because it's so obvious to everyone except for them.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 09:28 PM
Habblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I love when bipolar people are in denial. It's so funny because it's so obvious to everyone except for them.
Ahhhhh Kids...........lol

Old
01-27-2011, 10:57 AM
baldrick

Quote:
Hey I call it like I see it.......Up until tonight, we have been playing well and working hard (including Gomez). We had a bad outing tonight,and we beat ourselves. We`re better than the Flyers we all know that........Bi-Polar.....lol........Some people`s kids.
The Flyers have six forwards with over 30 pts,Habs two.
IMO our top 6 have underachieved but it can all be blamed on injuries right?
Have another cookie.

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 11:06 AM
PricePkPatch

We have been playing better than the beginning of the season. That's true. Price hasn't been as godly as he was at the beginning, but he managed to get some hard points on the table nevertheless, even without Georges and Cammellary.

If Price played at the level he did at the beginning of the season, I don't think any team would take us lightly.

We had a very bad break against the Flyers, and their depth killed us. It's okay, we are allowed one bad game, once in a while. Better have it against a good team than a bad team, methink. Less painful to lose to the Flyers than to the Panthers, don't you think? and even then, until that dreadful 5 on 3, we made them run for their money.

And even then, when it was 3 to 1, we made them sweat a lot (bloody penalty killed us afterwhile).

So, people, relax. We are well into playoff point range, as long as our team keep the same level of skill and intensity, we are gonna do well. We aren't a stellar team.

but maybe we don't need to be.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 11:10 AM
baldrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver View Post
So, people, relax. We are well into playoff point range, as long as our team keep the same level of skill and intensity, we are gonna do well. We aren't a stellar team.

but maybe we don't need to be.
That's the Canadien spirit!

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 11:28 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
That's the Canadien spirit!
We have a stellar goalie. Just that alone, with the level of team we have, is potentially ennough for a Cup win.

Old
01-27-2011, 11:42 AM
Serious HABit

Anyways, we had a compensatory month of january for our atrocious finish to december...hopefully this all star break helps with some bumps and bruises on our players and we can go back to winning shape!

Last edited by Habs 4 Life: 01-27-2011 at 12:06 PM.
Serious HABit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 11:52 AM
Habblues

I agree with Habit. This team needs a break to heal some bumps and bruises. I wish Price would have a chance to rest as well. Speaking of Price,if it were not for his stellar play we would not be even close to being in the playoff hunt.

Old
01-27-2011, 11:57 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
I agree with Habit. This team needs a break to heal some bumps and bruises. I wish Price would have a chance to rest as well. Speaking of Price,if it were not for his stellar play we would not be even close to being in the playoff hunt.
He's been Godly early season.
He's been very good late nov/dec
He's been stellar in January

Price is doing more than all right. If he takes it well until the end of the season and put the afterburners during the playoffs, I think we have a shot for Cup, specially if our offense keeps it up too.

I guess we'll see soon how our team fares when everybody becomes to play franticly.

Old
01-27-2011, 12:02 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
And speaking of Price, should we bring up the numbers and compare Price VS Halak?

I'm calling out all the Price haters in Montreal (especially the media): why don't you come out and play that little comparison game you love so much only when numbers are in your favor?

(For the record: I don't hate Halak, just the mindless haters.)

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 12:10 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Oh comon enough with this resting crap, Lundqvist and Ward are also participating in the the ASG, if we don't make the playoffs, this isn't a good excuse!

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 10:05 PM
Habblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysonlu View Post
And speaking of Price, should we bring up the numbers and compare Price VS Halak?

I'm calling out all the Price haters in Montreal (especially the media): why don't you come out and play that little comparison game you love so much only when numbers are in your favor?

(For the record: I don't hate Halak, just the mindless haters.)
Hey now come on. Let`s face it, when Price shot that puck into the Caps scrum last year during the playoffs, I thought,"ok he`s telling the brass he wants out of Montreal". And the way he was playing compared to Halak ? I thought they were nuts for trading Halak, I`m not afraid to admit that. I also predicted Price to be a star somewhere-else because the darn Fans wouldn`t leave the poor guy alone. Having said that, I am sure glad he decided to takin` his job seriously and play the way we ALL expected him to play since being drafted. keep up the great work Carey !!!!!!!!

Old
01-27-2011, 10:05 PM
Habblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Oh comon enough with this resting crap, Lundqvist and Ward are also participating in the the ASG, if we don't make the playoffs, this isn't a good excuse!
VERY true.........