HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Louis Leblanc

Old
01-27-2011, 08:15 AM
GeneralMarky79

vCash: 500
Louis Leblanc

Hey guys Im not a frequent poster on here but I just wanted to let you all know that I will be going to see Louis play tonight weather permitting!! I live In PEI and the Junior are here to play the Rocket! I will be paying close attention to Louis and I will be sure to give you some analysis on how he is playing. Mods please keep thread open!! Thanks.
Also if anyone has any insight on Leblanc or anything they want me to watch during the game let me know.

GeneralMarky79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 08:18 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Thanks!

Hows the Weather in PEI? I heard there was Flooding near Fisherman's Warf?

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 10:31 AM
GeneralMarky79

The weather here isnt too good there is a big storm, Im hoping they dont cancel the game a lot of things are cancelled here.

Old
01-27-2011, 08:27 PM
GeneralMarky79

louis was not himself tonight. Every player has bad games and tonight was his night! He seemed a bit off just out of sorts. Mind you it was my first time seeing him live. He was -1 and had 7 mins in penalties, he also got into a fight(not much of one) fought Marc-Andre Levesque who is about 6ft 2 220lbs. One thing I did notice about him is that he loves to battle and he hates losing!! His team was only up 1-0 when he got in the fight and he seemed to get his guys fired up, he was a bit frustrated by his own play but seemed to really lead by example and show the guys he didn't wanna lose. Sorry I couldnt give a positive report but it was not a good game for him. I really think he can be an effective player in the future though!!

Old
01-27-2011, 09:33 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralMarky79 View Post
louis was not himself tonight. Every player has bad games and tonight was his night! He seemed a bit off just out of sorts. Mind you it was my first time seeing him live. He was -1 and had 7 mins in penalties, he also got into a fight(not much of one) fought Marc-Andre Levesque who is about 6ft 2 220lbs. One thing I did notice about him is that he loves to battle and he hates losing!! His team was only up 1-0 when he got in the fight and he seemed to get his guys fired up, he was a bit frustrated by his own play but seemed to really lead by example and show the guys he didn't wanna lose. Sorry I couldnt give a positive report but it was not a good game for him. I really think he can be an effective player in the future though!!
Third line material wrote all over him.. Im starting to doubt about the selection..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 09:39 PM
Deker21

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Third line material wrote all over him.. Im starting to doubt about the selection..
An elite 3rd liner is very much the worth of the position he was drafted in.

Deker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 10:59 PM
Habnot

Quote:
Really - based on someone's comment's in PEI? Because he's not getting 2 or 3 points per game.

Typical Habs fair weather fan. Obviously this game was more important than the body of work or his presence in the WJC. He was an impact player that finished 4th scorer on his team (tied for eleven overall) while getting average ice time, no power play, playing a two way game. That's third line written all over him.

Habnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 11:08 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
Really - based on someone's comment's in PEI? Because he's not getting 2 or 3 points per game.

Typical Habs fair weather fan. Obviously this game was more important than the body of work or his presence in the WJC. He was an impact player that finished 4th scorer on his team (tied for eleven overall) while getting average ice time, no power play, playing a two way game. That's third line written all over him.
I wouldn't even call his ice time average. It was pretty bad. He's not going to be a go-to scorer in the NHL that much is almost certain, but he has the potential to be a great complimentary winger, something we need on this team right now to win the board battles and get it to guys like cammy or gionta.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 12:15 AM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

vCash: 50
i was there also tonight and i thought he was a little off also but it was sweet to see that little fight and then his shootout attempt

99GoHabsGo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 01:23 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post

I dont think Ive been the only one desapointed with his game at the WJC.. Personally I thought he was hurt.. He displayed very little puckhandling skills compared to his teammates.. was good along the board but thats about it..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 07:55 AM
terreur

vCash: 50
Quote:
I dont think Ive been the only one desapointed with his game at the WJC.. Personally I thought he was hurt.. He displayed very little puckhandling skills compared to his teammates.. was good along the board but thats about it..
He was ELITE along the boards.... that is a very good skill to have to be effective in the NHL...

I remember seeing a younger plekanec who didn't have a lot of skills, but was very good along the boards and in 1 vs 1 battle... he turned out not to bad IMO...

terreur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 08:22 AM
LePoche69

Quote:
Mmm. Well, if true, drafting a regular and efficient third liner for many years isn't a bad first round selection, given the amount of first rounder that never become established NHLers.

Of course we all would like the big home run pick, but it doesn't happen very often.

...and it is still VERY early to tell.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 09:03 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
Mmm. Well, if true, drafting a regular and efficient third liner for many years isn't a bad first round selection, given the amount of first rounder that never become established NHLers.

Of course we all would like the big home run pick, but it doesn't happen very often.

...and it is still VERY early to tell.
The kid didn't even spent a month in the AHL yet. Whatever his skill might be, I think we owe to them that they develop some professional sense with the Dogs. I don't remember a time when bringing up a kid directly into Montreal had been a smashingly good decision.

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 09:07 AM
Boulette Cannon

Quote:
I think the problem stems from fans expecting too much out of every single prospect we pick. Its WAY to soon to say where will Louis end up.

I for one think his game will translate perfectly into the NHL, the same way I thought Giroux would be a terrific NHLer (as many people also noticed). He makes quick decisions, has alot of poise and good hockey IQ. He might not end up on the top two lines, but I'm positive he'll be an impact player on any team he'll play with.

ps. Do you remember people chanting "LOUIS, LOUIS, LOUIS" at the WJC? He must've done something right to deserve that, no?

Boulette Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 09:16 AM
Azriel*

Wow, over-reacting much lately?

1-It's his first year playing more then 30 games of hockey.
2-he's 18.
3-He's not in the AHL yet.
4-He was injured sooner this year
5-he still has a 1.21 pts a game which gives him approximately the 10th rank in the whole LHJMQ.

Yeah, you all are right... he's no good.

Azriel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 09:17 AM
Toro

If this guy doesn't become a top 6 forward he will be destroyed in Montreal.

He is supposed to be the next french superstar. To me he has a lot of Pouliot in him. Its still way early to know for sure. Lets see how he does in Hamilton and then in Montreal for a couple years. So when he is 23-24 we will have a good idea of what kind of forward we have.

But then again some times players develop sooner and some later.

Ahh who knows..

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 09:24 AM

Quote:
If Louis Leblanc turns out to be a solid 3rd liner...I can't see how the Habs missed where they picked him?

Nothing wrong with being a great 3rd liner...the sure could use one right now

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 09:32 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azriel View Post
Wow, over-reacting much lately?

1-It's his first year playing more then 30 games of hockey.
2-he's 18.
3-He's not in the AHL yet.
4-He was injured sooner this year
5-he still has a 1.21 pts a game which gives him approximately the 10th rank in the whole LHJMQ.

Yeah, you all are right... he's no good.
+1

What the hell is going on with these posts that shoot him down.

I watched the WJC and came away very impressed by his play. He played in all situations (EV, PP, PK) offered quality mins on ANY LINE and was still a PPG player in a tournament of the BEST players his age group could offer.

In the Q he does all the same things, but with more offence.

This kid WILL be a 2nd line player MMW

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 09:49 AM
MasterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I wouldn't even call his ice time average. It was pretty bad. He's not going to be a go-to scorer in the NHL that much is almost certain, but he has the potential to be a great complimentary winger, something we need on this team right now to win the board battles and get it to guys like cammy or gionta.
It's not like Gionta is an elite scoring machine who gets 40 in year in/yar out... I see Leblanc becoming sort of like him actually, but bigger so more effective along the boards, possibly carrying the puck a bit more.

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 09:51 AM
MasterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulette Cannon View Post
I think the problem stems from fans expecting too much out of every single prospect we pick. Its WAY to soon to say where will Louis end up.

I for one think his game will translate perfectly into the NHL, the same way I thought Giroux would be a terrific NHLer (as many people also noticed). He makes quick decisions, has alot of poise and good hockey IQ. He might not end up on the top two lines, but I'm positive he'll be an impact player on any team he'll play with.

ps. Do you remember people chanting "LOUIS, LOUIS, LOUIS" at the WJC? He must've done something right to deserve that, no?
No, he's just french, that's all you need to have your name chanted here...

(not saying he played bad or anything, but you don't need anything else than being drafted in Mtl as a french guy to get that welcome from the fans...)

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 10:02 AM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
If Louis Leblanc turns out to be a solid 3rd liner...I can't see how the Habs missed where they picked him?

Nothing wrong with being a great 3rd liner...the sure could use one right now
The problem is that seems to be the ceiling with their draft picks. As far as Louis....I think you can't really read into anything right now. Let him play in Hamilton and develop. Some fans are just way too impatient.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 10:04 AM
TheBuriedHab

Let him develop, properly. I have no idea what he will become, but he seems like a good bet to be an nhler atleast. If he gets the time he needs I see him becoming a top 6 player for us. If he becomes a bottom 6 player its not the end of the world either. But he needs time to fill out his frame and keep getting first line minutes in the q, then in the ahl for a couple years.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 10:07 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Jesus, what a bi-polar bandwagon comment after 1 bad game! Would you of posted the same thing if he had a hat-trick that game?

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
The problem is that seems to be the ceiling with their draft picks. As far as Louis....I think you can't really read into anything right now. Let him play in Hamilton and develop. Some fans are just way too impatient.
You can't hit a homerun with every single one of your picks...who knows what Leblanc's ceiling is to tell you the truth. Looking at the way he plays today is hardly an indication of how he'll be when he's reached his physical peak (25-28yrs old)...

Where a player plays (1st, 2nd or 3rd line) is largely circumstancial...

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 10:08 AM
Franked

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterD View Post
No, he's just french, that's all you need to have your name chanted here...

(not saying he played bad or anything, but you don't need anything else than being drafted in Mtl as a french guy to get that welcome from the fans...)
Yes, the WJC crowd in Buffalo (mostly Ontarians and Americans) are so biased when it comes to french players.

Franked is offline   Reply With Quote