HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill X

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2011, 12:44 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
I am amused by people who credit Moulson's success primarily to John Tavares and then claim he was not worth keeping. This is a discussion being had elsewhere. The position is self contradictory. If one is claiming Moulson is a 30 goal scorer because of Tavares' abilities at center, then how can one advocate he would not have had the same success here with a better center like Kopitar? The logical answer is that Matt is talented, has broken through with playing time, has benefited from playing with a solid center and there is no reason to believe he would not have had the same success here if given the same opportunity.

Old
01-28-2011, 12:51 AM
kingdoughty

Dean Lombardi,
if you do not acquire an awesome 1st line LW to play with Kopi at the trade deadline then i will hate you

Old
01-28-2011, 01:10 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdoughty View Post
Dean Lombardi,
if you do not acquire an awesome 1st line LW to play with Kopi at the trade deadline then i will hate you
Dear Kingdoughty

Haters are gonna hate.

Love,

Dean

Old
01-28-2011, 01:12 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
I am amused by people who credit Moulson's success primarily to John Tavares and then claim he was not worth keeping. This is a discussion being had elsewhere. The position is self contradictory. If one is claiming Moulson is a 30 goal scorer because of Tavares' abilities at center, then how can one advocate he would not have had the same success here with a better center like Kopitar? The logical answer is that Matt is talented, has broken through with playing time, has benefited from playing with a solid center and there is no reason to believe he would not have had the same success here if given the same opportunity.
It's obviously hard to succeed offensively in such a defensive minded system lol. No one would ever score 40+ in a Terry Murray system

Old
01-28-2011, 01:32 AM
johnjm22

If Moulson still played for the Kings, everyone would be complaining about him, and saying DL needs to get a real top 6 forward.

Old
01-28-2011, 03:58 AM
123slam

Quote:
Dear Kingdoughty

Haters are gonna hate.

Love,

Dean
http://gabrielhummel.com/wp-content/...gonna-hate.gif

Old
01-28-2011, 06:47 AM
KingPuckChoo

have you guys noticed that most of these threads about trade rumors are rarely about trade rumors?

Old
01-28-2011, 07:25 AM
SuperAlmeida

What do you guys think about trading for Mason Raymond? What would it cost to get him? This hasn't been his best season, but he proved last season that he can score some goals.

Old
01-28-2011, 08:23 AM
xavi4life
Mr. Irreverent

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post
What do you guys think about trading for Mason Raymond? What would it cost to get him? This hasn't been his best season, but he proved last season that he can score some goals.
Does Vancouver want to trade him? Kid has speed.

Old
01-28-2011, 08:48 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Terry Murray

Scott Parse will be the next whipping boy that people wish had stayed with the Kings.

Old
01-28-2011, 10:03 AM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

Quote:
This is what gets me, is 8 games or 24 games really enough time for players to prove themselves...Nope. But the problem is how do ya fit the kids in. I think Holloway if given a season could produce. But will he get a season,no. Moller the same way, and on and on and on. But on the other hand AMart steps right in, errr frustrating because we have a lot of potential in system but we will never be able to tap into it because our kids don't get proper looks

Old
01-28-2011, 10:20 AM
Boba Fettuccine
Pastafarian

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Terry Murray
Moulson wasn't successful here under Crawford either

Old
01-28-2011, 11:08 AM
Jungle Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsnsoldiers View Post
This is what gets me, is 8 games or 24 games really enough time for players to prove themselves...Nope. But the problem is how do ya fit the kids in. I think Holloway if given a season could produce. But will he get a season,no. Moller the same way, and on and on and on. But on the other hand AMart steps right in, errr frustrating because we have a lot of potential in system but we will never be able to tap into it because our kids don't get proper looks
ok. so what do you hink about J Williams? The guy is one of our best players but if we sign him there will be no spot for Moller/Holloway/Tofolli/Lewis (some people think that he deserves a chance in the top 6)? and at least 3 of those players could add up to this list.

Old
01-28-2011, 04:11 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Moulson wasn't successful here under Crawford either

I've been a little annoyed about the Moulson whine. When he was on the Kings he was the older AHL player with kinda of top-6 skills but who didn't seem to shine in the NHL when given a chance. What's more important is that he wasn't just randomly dumped he was beaten out by Scott Parse. Our problem is that Parse lost a whole season and to bad for him it's the season that he was going to be given a huge amount of ice time to prove how good he could be. If you want to point to the guy I think will be the next Moulson its Parse. He's a guy whose likely to be the loser in the numbers game that could have a decent career as a top-6 player somewhere.

I don't remember a single poster caring when Moulson he moved on. No one thought he was going to be anything but a journeyman skills guy on a crappy team. So now he's turned his career around we're suppose to cry? Good for him! I just wish he'd had done it a few years earlier. Only thing I wonder is if he could do it on a team that matters. It's one thing to be a 30 goal scorer on one of the worst teams in the NHL but do you think he could do it on a contender? Or a team that didn't have one of the worst defenses in the NHL?....

Old
01-28-2011, 04:57 PM
null33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite View Post
It's one thing to be a 30 goal scorer on one of the worst teams in the NHL but do you think he could do it on a contender? Or a team that didn't have one of the worst defenses in the NHL?....
Good question.

Cammalleri showed he could go from scoring for a bottom dweller to scoring for a contender.

Frolov showed he couldn't.

You get some wrong and you get some right.

Old
01-28-2011, 05:09 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
It's obviously hard to succeed offensively in such a defensive minded system lol. No one would ever score 40+ in a Terry Murray system
hmmm...... How many Cup rings Murray have got .... 0 ????

Really wondering why.

Old
01-28-2011, 05:10 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
I've been a little annoyed about the Moulson whine. When he was on the Kings he was the older AHL player with kinda of top-6 skills but who didn't seem to shine in the NHL when given a chance. What's more important is that he wasn't just randomly dumped he was beaten out by Scott Parse. Our problem is that Parse lost a whole season and to bad for him it's the season that he was going to be given a huge amount of ice time to prove how good he could be. If you want to point to the guy I think will be the next Moulson its Parse. He's a guy whose likely to be the loser in the numbers game that could have a decent career as a top-6 player somewhere.

I don't remember a single poster caring when Moulson he moved on. No one thought he was going to be anything but a journeyman skills guy on a crappy team. So now he's turned his career around we're suppose to cry? Good for him! I just wish he'd had done it a few years earlier. Only thing I wonder is if he could do it on a team that matters. It's one thing to be a 30 goal scorer on one of the worst teams in the NHL but do you think he could do it on a contender? Or a team that didn't have one of the worst defenses in the NHL?....
Respectfully, b.s. He was not given a chance and he was unfairly criticized for not working hard enough in Manchester when he was (from what I hear from those who actually got to see him there) one of the if not the hardest working players there. All Parse has shown us to date is that he is a good skater, has a good shot and the hockey sense of a chimp....and I am pretty sure Parse came later as a later poster stated but the history is blending in my head right now.

Last edited by Zad: 01-28-2011 at 05:16 PM.
Old
01-28-2011, 05:12 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
AMart did not just step in. They were patient with him. Let him develop. He is a different player mostly due to the confidence he has gained. GMs and coaches often underestimate how much better the same player can be when playing with confidence. Hesitation is death in this sport, especially for a defenseman. Moulson - confidence, listening to his interviews, you can hear the maturity oozing from him. That is what always killed me about losing Cammy. The kid was a born leader, arrogant in his abilities but able to back it up on the ice.

Old
01-28-2011, 05:15 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
If Moulson still played for the Kings, everyone would be complaining about him, and saying DL needs to get a real top 6 forward.
Let's file that statement under the tab "wild speculation"

Old
01-28-2011, 05:15 PM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I've been a little annoyed about the Moulson whine. When he was on the Kings he was the older AHL player with kinda of top-6 skills but who didn't seem to shine in the NHL when given a chance. What's more important is that he wasn't just randomly dumped he was beaten out by Scott Parse.
Moulson had left the Kings before Parse made the team.

Old
01-28-2011, 09:31 PM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123slam View Post
Smyth isn't going anywhere. Poni and Sturm are not getting re-signed.

But, I agree. Richards is too good at creating opportunities as a center.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Lewis as the 4th line center, I don't even see how that is out of the question. Problem is: what do you do with Smyth and Stoll lol? No one wants to take Smyth's ridiculous contract or Stoll. What's Brad Richards faceoff % like? Without Stoll and Handzus, we pretty become the worst faceoff team lol.

Loktionov-Kopitar-Brown
Smyth-Richards-Williams
Clifford-Schenn-Simmonds
Richardson-Lewis-Parse/Westgarth
Y'all missed the part where I said that that would be my lineup given the very specific situation laid out by saintsnsoldiers.

Obviously, Smyth is going nowhere in my opinion too.

Old
02-01-2011, 09:32 AM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

After watching the all star game do ya think there would be a chance of prying Loui Ericksson (sp) away from Dallas and what would ya give.
Simmonds Hickey and 1st ?

Old
02-01-2011, 10:16 AM
funky

Quote:
After watching the all star game do ya think there would be a chance of prying Loui Ericksson (sp) away from Dallas and what would ya give.
we would have to add to get him

Old
02-01-2011, 10:17 AM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
No way. Dallas has no reason to get rid of Ericksson, and if they were trading him, they wouldn't send him to the same division. Their D has been solid this year, and they have a few players that play the game quite like Simmonds. They aren't in rebuild mode, so no need for the extra 1st, especially since it's not that high of a pick (hopefully).

Old
02-01-2011, 10:22 AM
stonedhenge

Quote:
Not close. Think what it would take to get Bobby Ryan.

Closed Thread