HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

#50: Canadiens @ Flyers - Tuesday, Jan. 25, 2011 - 7:30 PM (ET)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-26-2011, 07:07 PM
  #876
Jules801
Just Some Broad
 
Jules801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Good Ol' Glassboro
Country: Israel
Posts: 6,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Yeah, well if you saw the **** I worked on for a living, you'd understand why I focused less on HF. You should be familiar with similar items.

Either way, I can't win.
Not quite, but I wish sometimes! LOL

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 10:34 AM
  #877
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,439
vCash: 500
Just checked up on the thread on the Montreal forum.

One of them tried to explain that the penalties should be called on intent.

First off, how do you definitively say that Hartnell tried to injure the player unless he comes out and said "I was headhunting." You'll never know.

Second, real life scenario: If I shoot a gun at you, and you get away, do I go to prison for murder?

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 10:58 AM
  #878
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,232
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
The intensity of the fandom in Montreal can make for some really knowledgeable and interesting fans. However, every time I go over to their board expecting to find some of them to talk to, they get buried under all the other crap and lame posters that are part and parcel of that same intensity. It's annoying really.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 10:59 AM
  #879
UseYourAllusion
Registered User
 
UseYourAllusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 6,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Just checked up on the thread on the Montreal forum.

One of them tried to explain that the penalties should be called on intent.

First off, how do you definitively say that Hartnell tried to injure the player unless he comes out and said "I was headhunting." You'll never know.

Second, real life scenario: If I shoot a gun at you, and you get away, do I go to prison for murder?
Attempted murder. So, basically, yes.

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 10:59 AM
  #880
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,232
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Just checked up on the thread on the Montreal forum.

One of them tried to explain that the penalties should be called on intent.

First off, how do you definitively say that Hartnell tried to injure the player unless he comes out and said "I was headhunting." You'll never know.

Second, real life scenario: If I shoot a gun at you, and you get away, do I go to prison for murder?
The Habs are lobbying for an "attempted charging" penalty. You only have to sit in the box for a minute.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 11:16 AM
  #881
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
Attempted murder. So, basically, yes.
No, they are not:

http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com...r-homicide.htm

Possible Penalties for Attempted Murder/Homicide

1. Federal incarceration of seventy (70) months up to one-hundred and (162 months)
2. Fines related to court costs, victim restitution, and others
3. Lifetime federal felony record
4. Civil litigation related to damages incurred by victims of attempted murder

http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com...ral/murder.htm

Possible Penalties for Murder

* Jail time with life sentences with parole
* Jail time with life sentences without parole
* Capital crimes resulting in the possibility of the death sentence

---

Two completely different things, and regarded as such in our laws.

It works the same way here. All penalties are consequences for your actions.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 11:17 AM
  #882
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
The Habs are lobbying for an "attempted charging" penalty. You only have to sit in the box for a minute.
If you're granted parole.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 11:58 AM
  #883
PhillyFlying
Registered User
 
PhillyFlying's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,212
vCash: 500
i don't understand why anyone would even think to call this charging. hartnell started coasting at the blue line.

PhillyFlying is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 12:09 PM
  #884
Jules801
Just Some Broad
 
Jules801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Good Ol' Glassboro
Country: Israel
Posts: 6,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Just checked up on the thread on the Montreal forum.

One of them tried to explain that the penalties should be called on intent.

First off, how do you definitively say that Hartnell tried to injure the player unless he comes out and said "I was headhunting." You'll never know.

Second, real life scenario: If I shoot a gun at you, and you get away, do I go to prison for murder?
I think a better analogy would be if you rear ended someone - really badly - and they died. Was it just because you were careless, or did you purposely ram your car into the back of theirs? (let's assume your sober)

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 12:17 PM
  #885
ilovetheflyers8
Registered User
 
ilovetheflyers8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: D.C.
Country: French Guiana Independentist
Posts: 4,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzle View Post
Does anyone have a video of "The Shift"?
Kimmo scored his 99th regular season goal. Only 3 Finnish defensemen have scored 100 or more

ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 12:29 PM
  #886
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 30,678
vCash: 50
are they still whining about that hit on the Habs board? LOL.

It was a borderline 2 minute penalty. Get over it already.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 12:30 PM
  #887
UseYourAllusion
Registered User
 
UseYourAllusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 6,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
No, they are not:

http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com...r-homicide.htm

Possible Penalties for Attempted Murder/Homicide

1. Federal incarceration of seventy (70) months up to one-hundred and (162 months)
2. Fines related to court costs, victim restitution, and others
3. Lifetime federal felony record
4. Civil litigation related to damages incurred by victims of attempted murder

http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com...ral/murder.htm

Possible Penalties for Murder

* Jail time with life sentences with parole
* Jail time with life sentences without parole
* Capital crimes resulting in the possibility of the death sentence

---

Two completely different things, and regarded as such in our laws.

It works the same way here. All penalties are consequences for your actions.
Hmm, I had it in my head that the sentencing guidelines for attempted homicide were much higher than that.

Edit: and they are, was doing other work and took a detour in the crimes code of PA: “Except as other wise provided in this title, attempt, solicitation and conspiracy are crimes of the same grade and degree as the most serious offense which is attempted.”
(18 Pa.C.S. 905(a))


Last edited by UseYourAllusion: 01-27-2011 at 03:44 PM.
UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 02:44 AM
  #888
StandingCow
Registered User
 
StandingCow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 3,537
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
are they still whining about that hit on the Habs board? LOL.

It was a borderline 2 minute penalty. Get over it already.
I don't even bother reading over there... the homerism is sickening.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 04:33 AM
  #889
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,214
vCash: 500
Someone comparing headhunting or hitting someone in general (in hockey) to shoot someone in the face is not right in the head. Seriously, it's a bit more extreme than letting of steam, it's practically an ill conceived crusade that will end up no where. Stupidity like this can't be fixed.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 08:20 AM
  #890
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Someone comparing headhunting or hitting someone in general (in hockey) to shoot someone in the face is not right in the head. Seriously, it's a bit more extreme than letting of steam, it's practically an ill conceived crusade that will end up no where. Stupidity like this can't be fixed.
Was that comment directed at me or Habs fans?

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.