HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Claude....no respects

Old
01-28-2011, 06:10 AM
jb**

vCash: 500
i hope he does go last, give him some more motivation.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 06:16 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
No other hockey on, hey I will probably watch it. *shrug*
my thoughts as well. I'll probably watch at least some of it

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 07:43 AM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
A lot of people, apparently.

The top headline on TSN earlier was how Perry thinks he'll get picked last because he's an agitator. Not the "a" word I'd use, but I guess there's people out there who care?
I'm thinking Giroux won't even get picked and will have to go home in tears, given all the respect he lost over that enormous cheap shot in the Ottawa game.

Oh yeah ...

I have about 1% interest in the ASG, and really couldn't care less where Giroux or Brière get picked.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 07:48 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

I think he'll go middle rounds. I'd expect a lot of defense to go last since none of them essentially try.

Remember, this is "school yard rules" too, so the captains may pick players based on if they straight up like them or not.

Does anyone know if the Captain converges with his Alt for each team and tries to "rank" the players or set up how they'll draft? Or is it just "**** it, let's see how this goes."

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 08:00 AM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
No other hockey on, hey I will probably watch it. *shrug*
Pretty much. Not like Sunday night TV is all that without football on. Plus, I'd rather not wait until Tuesday for more hockey.

As for Giroux, I'm thinking he might actually go in the high to middle rounds. Can't see him going last.

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 08:01 AM
BringBackStevens

I'm just hoping Patrick Kane goes last because he's a complete dbag

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 08:17 AM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
I think he'll go middle rounds. I'd expect a lot of defense to go last since none of them essentially try.

Remember, this is "school yard rules" too, so the captains may pick players based on if they straight up like them or not.

Does anyone know if the Captain converges with his Alt for each team and tries to "rank" the players or set up how they'll draft? Or is it just "**** it, let's see how this goes."
"If you pick him, I'm not your friend anymore!"

If you're Eric Staal, how quiet would it be at the next family gathering if you didn't pick your brother? Or what would the dressing-room effect be after taking two other goalies instead of Ward?

I think both captains, on every single pick, should start with, "I'm very excited to pick, from the Toronto Maple Leafs, Phil Kessel ... no, I'm just joking!"

Old
01-28-2011, 08:22 AM
PhillyCurt12

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inebriator View Post
I'm just hoping Patrick Kane goes last because he's a complete dbag
isn't he an alternate captain? i don't think he'll get picked at all.

PhillyCurt12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 08:55 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
"If you pick him, I'm not your friend anymore!"

If you're Eric Staal, how quiet would it be at the next family gathering if you didn't pick your brother? Or what would the dressing-room effect be after taking two other goalies instead of Ward?

I think both captains, on every single pick, should start with, "I'm very excited to pick, from the Toronto Maple Leafs, Phil Kessel ... no, I'm just joking!"
I wonder if Staal's dad warned that if he didn't pick his brother first he wasn't invited to Easter dinner. Haha.

I don't know if anyone has a list or site that says it, but I'm curious as to what players Staal and Lidstrom have played within the past, both NHL and previous leagues/growing up.

Also, a thought: I'd like to see that next season, the captains are a representative from the All Star Game hosting team, and the MVP of the previous All Star Game. That will at least reward the people who play in the game.

Old
01-28-2011, 08:57 AM
BernieParent

Quote:
I wonder if Staal's dad warned that if he didn't pick his brother first he wasn't invited to Easter dinner. Haha.

I don't know if anyone has a list or site that says it, but I'm curious as to what players Staal and Lidstrom have played within the past, both NHL and previous leagues/growing up.

Also, a thought: I'd like to see that next season, the captains are a representative from the All Star Game hosting team, and the MVP of the previous All Star Game. That will at least reward the people who play in the game.
Or if the Sedins are forced to sit on opposite benches, their Wonder Twin powers would deactivate and they would fade into non-existence.

Old
01-28-2011, 09:19 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Or if the Sedins are forced to sit on opposite benches, their Wonder Twin powers would deactivate and they would fade into non-existence.
Be aware that if they wind up on different teams, the mischievous Sedin twins might try to switch places during the game as a light-hearted practical joke. Avoid this possibility by drafting one, then immediately pinning him to the ground and scrawling "Henrik" on his forehead with a prison-style homemade tattoo gun. (Note: Bonus points if you do this after drafting Daniel.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down Goes Brown's Tips for dominating the NHL All-Star Fantasy Draft
Be aware that if they wind up on different teams, the mischievous Sedin twins might try to switch places during the game as a light-hearted practical joke. Avoid this possibility by drafting one, then immediately pinning him to the ground and scrawling "Henrik" on his forehead with a prison-style homemade tattoo gun. (Note: Bonus points if you do this after drafting Daniel.)

Old
01-28-2011, 09:23 AM
BernieParent

Quote:
DGB rarely fails to put a smile on my face.

Old
01-28-2011, 09:42 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Another recent one they did for new All Star Competition events:

http://www.downgoesbrown.com/2011/01...ew-events.html

Quote:
Respect The Game - As all the others players enthusiastically hoot, holler and high five each other in reaction to the various events, P.K. Subban curls up in the fetal position and tries desperately to avoid cracking a facial expression. Special celebrity judge: Mike Richards.
Quote:
Lame Duck - Cory Clouston delivers a fiery motivational speech to members of the Ottawa Senators, who compete to see who can go the longest without rolling their eyes and tuning him out completely. (Note to organizers: this event will require a timer that can measure thousandths of a second.)
Quote:
Explaining the Unexplainable - Players try to determine why there should be a minor penalty for delaying the game by shooting the puck into the stands, but not for delaying the game by shooting the puck all the way down the rink for icing even though that takes longer. Anyone player who succeeds will move on to a bonus round called "And what's that trapezoid thing behind the net supposed to accomplish, anyway?"
Quote:
I'm An Insider, Really! -- A selection of anonymous bloggers are given 30 seconds to randomly point to as many players as possible and claim that they're all being traded for each other according to top secret sources. In the second half of the event, exactly none of those trades happen.
Quote:
Head Shot Roulette - A randomly selected player is handed the full text of the NHL's rule 48.1 and is given 30 seconds to attempt to figure out which head shots are actually legal and which are not. As he's thinking, another player sneaks up behind him and hits him over the head with a shovel, at which point everyone laughs and uploads the clip the YouTube.

Old
01-28-2011, 10:35 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
People actually care about the allstar game?

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 10:58 AM
CharlieGirl
Summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
The top headline on TSN earlier was how Perry thinks he'll get picked last because he's an agitator. Not the "a" word I'd use
I couldn't have said it better myself.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 11:20 AM
tytech

It would be comedy gold if whoever picks Giroux says "Um, what's his name again", double checks with his Alternates/notes and then says "Claude Giroux".

tytech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 12:37 PM
chaosof99*

Going by betting odds, Havlat, Stastny and to my surprise Briere are the most likely to be selected last.

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote