HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto to make a big move (or moves?)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-28-2011, 11:23 AM
  #251
P U L L H A R D
 
P U L L H A R D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Somalia
Posts: 24,089
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndMat View Post
i can see the ducks helping burke.

getzleaf

for

Kuli
gabo
and a d prospect

they way the ducks are playing without getz this could benfit both teams.
The biggest question I have to ask is: are you serious?

P U L L H A R D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 11:24 AM
  #252
exporta
Registered User
 
exporta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsButton View Post
If they added $20 million to their payrolls and spent to the cap, they would have been/would be contenders.
Although they don't spend much over the cap, they also are not popular destinations for UFA's to sign.

exporta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 11:28 AM
  #253
exporta
Registered User
 
exporta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
What would it take for the leafs to get Oshie?

Is he untouchable; or would it take too much of a overpayment.

____-____-Kessel
Kulemin-Grabovski-MacArthur
_____-Kadri-Armstrong
_____-_____-_____

are the only forwards i would like to keep.
----
available:
Versteeg(could be replaced with cheaper 3rd liner), Bozak, Sjostrom. + other 3rd/4th liners.

Any on D except Schenn, Phaneuf, Aulie.


If we did acquire Oshie. How would he look on the left wing? or has he just played C.
Oshie won't go anywhere, apparently according to St. Louis fans he's better than Jordan Staal.

exporta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 11:32 AM
  #254
TYayo
Registered User
 
TYayo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 727
vCash: 500
Why can't we just find the hockey equivalent to Alex Anthoupoulos

Traded away the teams best pitcher and best player this winter..yet the fanbase is more excited than ever...a PATIENT rebuild can be a wonderful thing

TYayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 11:35 AM
  #255
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
To be honest I don't understand how Leaf fans have ever been happy with Burke in the first place.

As soon as he made that Kessel deal I knew he was going to ruin the Leafs and you know I'm actually a huge Kessel fan and was at the time of the deal. It just wasn't a smart move, not only because of the picks but because Kessel is the kind of player you plug into a team that is already a contender that needs more scoring. You don't build around a guy like that.

Sure enough it failed. The Phaneuf deal was good but too little too late and left some serious holes on the team. Yeah sure you got Phaneuf, the center position on the Leafs is abysmal. Considering all the D you guys already have and Finger in the AHL being paid 4 million I think it was a bit of a rash move even despite it landing you guys Phaneuf for a solid price. It addresses one need and opens up others.

So now Burke is clearly JFJ #2 and he's about to likely make some trades that could solidify that comment as truth.

If he mortgages more of the future to be a #8-10 team for the next year or two before he figures out that the leafs needed a rebuild all along I'm going to feel really bad for you guys. He needs to just trade all these players except the young ones like Schenn who will be paid far less than they are worth for the next couple seasons.

Get rid of guys like Kessel, Beauchemin, Kaberle, Phaneuf, heck that D on paper is so good and yet they don't play that well as a unit. You can't just throw money at the best available UFA's and hope for the best. Komi and Beau have been lackluster at best and Kaberle could honestly be doing better on another team. Phaneuf has really been the one I see giving a lot effort and he took a ton of flack earlier on this season. I just think Burke should cut his losses after the end of the season (try to get 10th place or something rather than 14) and then do a complete rebuild.

The team will be a disaster if he trades away the future again mark my words.
I'm sorry but I have to ask how long you have been watching hockey? because there is absolutely NO comparsion betwen JFJ and Brian Burke.

Maybe Burkie has overpaid to land guys like Kessel but they are still good players JFJ traded for bad players but gave up GREAT value for those guys (Rask for Raycroft,1st 2nd 4th for bell and Toskala NOT giving up tlusty and the #13 pick for the #2 pick when he had the chance etc) JFJ was 1000X worse then Burke

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 11:36 AM
  #256
Im Old Gregggg
Registered User
 
Im Old Gregggg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kitchener, On
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,923
vCash: 500
hope they dont get rid of the 2012 pick unless its involved in a deal thats highway robbery for us

kadri on the other hand.... i wouldnt be so dissapointed if we lost him in a good deal, wasnt sold on him when drafted and still on the fence about him

Im Old Gregggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 11:43 AM
  #257
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,715
vCash: 500
Personally I do think this can be done but it has to be done RIGHT if we are going to make a significant move then it has to be for somebody thats around thats in their 20's like a hemsky or a Zajac. IF they go for somebody like a Mike Riberio who is 30, then they can't give up a guy like Kadri (and I don't think Burke would give up Kadri for Ribs) If Burke goes for a guy like Riberio he better not overpay

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 11:43 AM
  #258
WestIslander
Registered User
 
WestIslander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,333
vCash: 500
Okay, perfect! I have a deal for Toronto ;-)

To Montreal: Nazem Kadri + 2012 1st round draft pick
To Toronto: Scott Gomez + Max Pacioretty + Karri Ramo

This trade can be done at the draft this summer.

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 11:44 AM
  #259
jmart21
MISC!!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: All Over The Place
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,846
vCash: 500
I am still thinking we'll see Riberio on a Leafs uni next year. I'd imagine Dallas wants him for a playoff run. But I could see Joe moving his contract to fit in Richards sometime between end of season and July 1st.

Wouldn't be the worst thing. From what I have read he isn't the same little ***** he was in MTL. Seems to be a great setup guy with a gritty side (Kadri anyone?). I would definetly be okay with this:

xxx-Riberio-Kessel
Kulie-Grabo-MacA
Steeg-Bozak-Army
Brown-Hanson/xx-Sjo/Rosehill

And to agree with an above poster; I can see Burkie going after a goalie. Either Vokun or Bryz. I know him and Bryz get along well (hell, he put the guy on waivers out of loyalty lol). Maybe he'll be poking around that fire? Never know.

Edit: as for the LW spot: Kulie could jump in there if need be. Would be great if a big winger like Mueller really stepped it up between now and plays his way on the team to slot into the 2nd line spot. A guy can dream!

jmart21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 11:47 AM
  #260
theIceWookie
Pessimism Revoked
 
theIceWookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
Was listening to him talk and he said that he belives that Burke and company have some big moves in store he said that Brian Burke will do WHATEVER it takes to make the Leafs a playoff team/contender next year. He said we are in the Market for a top line C as top line LW and a legit #1 goalie according to Dreger we have the assets to get this done.


so Leaf fans if we are to take Dreger at his word and he is one of most connected guys in the business do you expect Kadri and/or our 2012 1st to be on the block? I think it's a damn good possibilty.
I would think that trading Kadri is out of the question unless it is a steal for a first line center (basically what Kadri's potential ceiling is). Seeing as that is unlikely, Kadri will probably be staying as he represents the only blue chip prospect in our system.

However, I would say that 2012 first is up for grabs, as it should be. Burke has really beefed up the scouting department and is making sure it works well without the first round pick he didn't have last year and the one he doesn't have this year. Players like D'Amigo, Blacker, McKegg, Nicholls and even Ross are looking like they are decent players picked in the late round. Burke seems very comfortable with his team.

Now operating under the assumption that he is comfortable with it, and he theorizes that the team will not be as bad next year as it is this year, why not trade a potential 8th - 20th pick for a sure fire top 6 player. People will jump all over this for me but considering we already did so and Burke wants to make this team a winner now, so logic would dictate that the 1st rounder would be of better use as a trade chip than as a tool to use for a prospect.

That pick will never be more valuable than it is right now. The way these past two picks have turned out, other teams might think it will do so again and look to exploit that in a very similar position to the Kessel deal. If Burke can evaluate the team better and knows that it will be better than this year, why not use that pick to trade for a sure thing.

If you can flip that pick along with a middling prospect or player, and upgrade to a young top 6 player, its a win. The player will likely be better than any prospect drafted by that pick (assuming its an 8th overall or later placed pick) or at the very least an equal to that player. The plus from such a deal is that you don't need to worry about development time and you get rid of the possibility of a bust.

I'm all for trading the 2012 1st rounder in the right deal.

theIceWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 11:48 AM
  #261
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,715
vCash: 500
I could see Riberio being a Leaf to in fact I have a feeling it's going to happen but if Burke gives up Kadri for him I'm gonna be sick

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 11:49 AM
  #262
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion
 
Coach Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
LOL your talking about a TOP prespect and a #1 pick and you don't think that could get a list line C or LW? but I bet if it was ANY other team it would right?

LOL you'e a funny guy
Not to jab here, but he was asking you to name an example of a 1st line C or LW available for that package specifically. I think Richards would be one but I would need to ask Dallas fans.

Who do you see as available for your price of the 2012 1st and Kadri?

As far as the comments go...

If Burke really is going to do everything and anything to make the playoffs then he is making the assumption as well that the Leafs 1st in 2012 will be in the 15-30 range minimum.

So that means that he will move it to get help now. If he sees the player as a clear upgrade over anything Kadri could become then that is also a no-brainer for him.

If his plan was to rebuild then the pick wouldn't be there but he sees it as 15-30 and that means it should be available with Kadri to bring in a first line player. That package won't get both problems solved but I'd think a team like Dallas with cost uncertainty and financial issues would see Kadri as a cheap replacement for Richards and the 1st as the next piece to keep them contending.

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 11:50 AM
  #263
jmart21
MISC!!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: All Over The Place
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
I could see Riberio being a Leaf to in fact I have a feeling it's going to happen but if Burke gives up Kadri for him I'm gonna be sick
Won't be Kadri. You can bet on that.

jmart21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 11:54 AM
  #264
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion
 
Coach Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart21 View Post
I am still thinking we'll see Riberio on a Leafs uni next year. I'd imagine Dallas wants him for a playoff run. But I could see Joe moving his contract to fit in Richards sometime between end of season and July 1st.

Wouldn't be the worst thing. From what I have read he isn't the same little ***** he was in MTL. Seems to be a great setup guy with a gritty side (Kadri anyone?). I would definetly be okay with this:

xxx-Riberio-Kessel
Kulie-Grabo-MacA
Steeg-Bozak-Army
Brown-Hanson/xx-Sjo/Rosehill

And to agree with an above poster; I can see Burkie going after a goalie. Either Vokun or Bryz. I know him and Bryz get along well (hell, he put the guy on waivers out of loyalty lol). Maybe he'll be poking around that fire? Never know.

Edit: as for the LW spot: Kulie could jump in there if need be. Would be great if a big winger like Mueller really stepped it up between now and plays his way on the team to slot into the 2nd line spot. A guy can dream!
Jmart, could you see Wheeler in that LW spot on the first line?

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 11:54 AM
  #265
Isles_Guy*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: long Island
Posts: 6,237
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJudge View Post
09/10: 8th Seed Montreal: 47.6 winning percentage
08/09: 8th Seed Montreal: 50 winning percentage
07/08: 8th Seed Boston: 50 winning percentage
06/07: 8th Seed New York Islanders: 48.8 winning percentage
bogus facts divide total points into games, not just wins, when you do it correctly the winning percentage is much higher

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 11:57 AM
  #266
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart21 View Post
Won't be Kadri. You can bet on that.
I hope not because as much as I acknowldge that Ribs has talent I don't like the guy I would MUCH rather go after a guy like Spezza cause when he has a good winger he's 80-90 point center he doesn't have that in ottawa anymore but put a guy like Keseel beside him and he will let it up again.

|Plus he's only 27 he's the perfect age for this team.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 12:02 PM
  #267
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Air Canada Center
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,011
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Quote:
Originally Posted by TYayo View Post
Why can't we just find the hockey equivalent to Alex Anthoupoulos

Traded away the teams best pitcher and best player this winter..yet the fanbase is more excited than ever...a PATIENT rebuild can be a wonderful thing
the jays won back to back rings in 92/93 maybe thats why

TML g u n n e R s* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 12:03 PM
  #268
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Air Canada Center
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,011
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
Okay, perfect! I have a deal for Toronto ;-)

To Montreal: Nazem Kadri + 2012 1st round draft pick
To Toronto: Scott Gomez + Max Pacioretty + Karri Ramo

This trade can be done at the draft this summer.

TML g u n n e R s* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 12:05 PM
  #269
TheLeastOfTheBunch
Registered User
 
TheLeastOfTheBunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,472
vCash: 50
It's going to be interesting what Burke will pull off before or on D-day. Pretty sure we won't be sellers though....

TheLeastOfTheBunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 12:07 PM
  #270
TheLeastOfTheBunch
Registered User
 
TheLeastOfTheBunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,472
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
To be honest I don't understand how Leaf fans have ever been happy with Burke in the first place.

As soon as he made that Kessel deal I knew he was going to ruin the Leafs and you know I'm actually a huge Kessel fan and was at the time of the deal. It just wasn't a smart move, not only because of the picks but because Kessel is the kind of player you plug into a team that is already a contender that needs more scoring. You don't build around a guy like that.

Sure enough it failed. The Phaneuf deal was good but too little too late and left some serious holes on the team. Yeah sure you got Phaneuf, the center position on the Leafs is abysmal. Considering all the D you guys already have and Finger in the AHL being paid 4 million I think it was a bit of a rash move even despite it landing you guys Phaneuf for a solid price. It addresses one need and opens up others.

So now Burke is clearly JFJ #2 and he's about to likely make some trades that could solidify that comment as truth.

If he mortgages more of the future to be a #8-10 team for the next year or two before he figures out that the leafs needed a rebuild all along I'm going to feel really bad for you guys. He needs to just trade all these players except the young ones like Schenn who will be paid far less than they are worth for the next couple seasons.

Get rid of guys like Kessel, Beauchemin, Kaberle, Phaneuf, heck that D on paper is so good and yet they don't play that well as a unit. You can't just throw money at the best available UFA's and hope for the best. Komi and Beau have been lackluster at best and Kaberle could honestly be doing better on another team. Phaneuf has really been the one I see giving a lot effort and he took a ton of flack earlier on this season. I just think Burke should cut his losses after the end of the season (try to get 10th place or something rather than 14) and then do a complete rebuild.

The team will be a disaster if he trades away the future again mark my words.
Most of us are ready to ship off Burke and Wilson back to California.

TheLeastOfTheBunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 12:12 PM
  #271
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeastOfTheBunch View Post
Most of us are ready to ship off Burke and Wilson back to California.
thats not true most of us want wilson gone but only the fools want Burke gone Nov 29 08 thats when he got here. Thats barely 2 full years he deserves atleast another year.

If we are in the same spot this time next year and don't hav our 2012 pick then you have a point.

BUT right now it's to early to call for Burkes head.

Nor should we call for his head if we are in this spot next year but with the 2012 1st. However if we don't have it and we still suck then yes it is time to ask questions.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 12:15 PM
  #272
WestIslander
Registered User
 
WestIslander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,333
vCash: 500
What would it take for Toronto to give Montreal Kadri + Schenn???

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 12:17 PM
  #273
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
What would it take for Toronto to give Montreal Kadri + Schenn???
more then you'd EVER want to give

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 12:19 PM
  #274
SteenMachine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Fenton, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 4,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
thats not true most of us want wilson gone but only the fools want Burke gone Nov 29 08 thats when he got here. Thats barely 2 full years he deserves atleast another year.

If we are in the same spot this time next year and don't hav our 2012 pick then you have a point.

BUT right now it's to early to call for Burkes head.

Nor should we call for his head if we are in this spot next year but with the 2012 1st. However if we don't have it and we still suck then yes it is time to ask questions.
They could have used you for the housing and mortgage crisis spin doctor...

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 12:23 PM
  #275
gabeliscious
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
What would it take for Toronto to give Montreal Kadri + Schenn???
suban, maxpac, 1st, 2011, eller, leafs will include caputi and hanson

gabeliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.