HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike Santorelli

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2011, 06:47 PM
Everlong
-

vCash: 500
Hey fantasy question.

What type of situations is he being played in (pp/pk), and has mattias beatn him out of the 2nd line center position, or is it still up for grabs? Also, would I be correct in assuming that if he continues his play on the fourth line that he will still get time on the powerplay?

Cheers.

Old
01-26-2011, 06:48 PM
PanthersAllDay1225
MORDE-KULI

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxClearTheCreasexx View Post
Hey fantasy question.

What type of situations is he being played in (pp/pk), and has mattias beatn him out of the 2nd line center position, or is it still up for grabs?

Cheers.
He's been getting a lot of PP time lately and i have seen him on the PK occasionally and as far as im concerned it's still up for grabs

Old
01-26-2011, 06:53 PM
Everlong
-

Thanks for the reply, he looks like a very promising prospect and appears to have the potential to play in every position which is rare. Him along with Kulikov have a very bright future.

Old
01-27-2011, 11:12 AM
jakethesnake23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJagrov View Post
Santorelli has proved he can handle the second line spot in the future...

That's put us in a "bad" situation !

We all want to upgrade in the middle even if we like Weiss, Santorelli has proved himself, Matthias making a case for more ice-time, Reasoner being a great savy veteran... That's 4 centermen I can say I'm pleased to have on our team, yet if we want to get better... Something got to give !

Santorelli has been demoted to the 4th line in the last 2 games, and he responded yesterday with his first multi-point game in a long time ! It will be great to see Mike's evolution...
While you may be pleased to have them on the team, the truth is that this team, with these 4 centres, is currently out of the playoffs for the 10th straight season. Simply put, they arent good enough. I too like all 4 guys mentioned to some degree, and have been pleasently suprised by Santorelli, but I just dont see how the panthers can be a playoff team with these 4 guys down the middle.

Old
01-27-2011, 01:13 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakethesnake23 View Post
While you may be pleased to have them on the team, the truth is that this team, with these 4 centres, is currently out of the playoffs for the 10th straight season. Simply put, they arent good enough. I too like all 4 guys mentioned to some degree, and have been pleasently suprised by Santorelli, but I just dont see how the panthers can be a playoff team with these 4 guys down the middle.
That's basically the question I ask...

So... What to do ?

Trade the guy we've penciled as our next captain since forever ? Shift our young power center to the wing ? Send packing the nice project from the Music City ? Let go the kind of veteran leader we've needed forever in the faceoff circle ?

Old
01-27-2011, 01:16 PM
RainingRats

Quote:

So... What to do ?

Trade the guy we've penciled as our next captain since forever ? Shift our young power center to the wing ? Send packing the nice project from the Music City ? Let go the kind of veteran leader we've needed forever in the faceoff circle ?
Until we get a number one center not much will change, imo. Reasoner is the most likely to get traded.

Old
01-27-2011, 01:28 PM
Erick

Quote:

So... What to do ?

Aside from a few Panthers fans, no one penciled in Stephen Weiss as the next Panthers captain. As far as I'm concerned, that would be silly.

I like Weiss and everything, but he should never be "captain" until he leads a team somewhere.

Also, while the rumors may not be true, I wouldn't be surprised if Tallon is trying to trade Weiss to upgrade at the position. As crazy as that sounds.

Old
01-28-2011, 01:18 AM
Dread Clawz
Markstrom Rules

Quote:

So... What to do ?

Some guys can be moved to the wing...

We have Bjugstad and Shore coming too, and we might draft another center in the first round this year...

IMO just let evolution take it's course, the strongest centermen will rise to the top, and the weaker ones or ones less suited to playing center will be moved to wing or traded. For all we know in 5-6 years Weiss may be on the decline, traded, or retired. You can never have enough good centers.

Old
01-28-2011, 01:59 AM
Laus723
Future Now

MR, when do you think those kids will be in camp vying for spots?

01-28-2011, 09:32 AM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
At least one more season after this one before they have a legitimate shot.

Old
01-28-2011, 10:26 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
At least one more season after this one before they have a legitimate shot.
I'd say Shore could be vying for a spot if he comes out of college. He's a solid faceoff guy already and if Reasoner is traded, that will leave a spot open for Shore.

Old
01-28-2011, 10:51 AM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
I'd say Shore could be vying for a spot if he comes out of college. He's a solid faceoff guy already and if Reasoner is traded, that will leave a spot open for Shore.
I was thinking that but what about Matthias taking that line over? Also, don't we want a guy like Shore to earn a top 6 spot? I guess he could start out on a bottom line and move his way up.

Old
01-28-2011, 01:30 PM
16Skippy

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Our center logjam could be tighter than our goalie prospect situation if we draft another center in the first round.

Unless we get a ridiculous offer for Reasoner or aquire a #1 center somehow I'd like to keep the same four centers for next year, and let the young guys continue to develop. Could Shore play in the AHL next year?

Old
01-28-2011, 02:07 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Has anyone got the details on the compensation for Santorelli? All we heard is compensatory 5th rounder. What are the terms of the deal?

Old
01-28-2011, 02:13 PM
panthersfan751

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16Skippy View Post
It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Our center logjam could be tighter than our goalie prospect situation if we draft another center in the first round.

Unless we get a ridiculous offer for Reasoner or aquire a #1 center somehow I'd like to keep the same four centers for next year, and let the young guys continue to develop. Could Shore play in the AHL next year?
While our center depth in the prospect pool is dramatically improved from 2 years ago, we still lack top end talent there. The logjam is nice to have, but from what I've heard Shore, Knight, Matthias, and Santorelli all really only have 2nd line potential. Only Bjugstad has 1st line potential and he could be 3 years away from making that impact. I think we still need to draft a top center prospect (Couturier, RNH, Strome) to really add some more elite talent up front.

As for our NHL centers, Weiss is a nice 1B center, but the center lineup we currently have in the NHL just isn't good enough to go up against the SE Division, much less the rest of the NHL. We have capable bottom 6 centers, but as always seem to be the case with this team, don't have the top 6 talent to really compete with other teams.

Old
01-28-2011, 04:38 PM
Dread Clawz
Markstrom Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Timmins and Jenks-at least one year away, probably 2-3 years away from having a legit shot.

Bjugstad- at least one more year away, more like 2-3

Knight- at least one more year away, will probably turn pro after next season though, so he could have a legit shot at that camp.

Shore-Like Coolburn said, Shore could be at camp this summer, although I don't know how good his chances are. It will partly depend on the personnel we have and our situation with the AHL. IIRC both Columbus and Colorado re-upped with their AHL affiliates, so unless something happens that we don't know about yet or there's another affiliation expiring that we haven't heard about, I think that just leaves us and Rochester out in the cold. If Rochester goes independent, then unless we buy our own AHL club then we would have to put our pro prospects in the ECHL or share a club with another NHL team. I'm not sure if the Panthers would want to put Shore in the ECHL. They might prefer he stays in college another year until they can get things sorted out. He isn't far away though IMO.

Old
10-06-2013, 10:58 PM
Bankerguy

He kinda died out shorty after this thread popped up..but he's making a case in Vcr...getting a second shot!

Old
10-06-2013, 11:28 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankerguy View Post
He kinda died out shorty after this thread popped up..but he's making a case in Vcr...getting a second shot!
Enjoy him... He won't be missed

Old
10-06-2013, 11:38 PM
Cosmonaut

I kind of miss him. He was a personal favorite, even if he didn't play well under Dineen. I wish him the best in Vancouver.

Last edited by Cosmonaut: 10-07-2013 at 01:53 AM.
Old
10-07-2013, 12:23 AM
ucanthanzalthetruth
Kiddin' Around

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankerguy View Post
He was pretty bad here. He's somehow managed to turn one 20 goal season 3 years ago into consistent minutes on an nhl team. But he cried when he found out Florida waived him, so at least he liked being here, and I wish him the best.

Old
10-07-2013, 08:13 AM
Erick

This thread is nearly three years old.

Old
10-07-2013, 10:40 AM
hockeydude1
More Cowbell!

He's played well in Vancouver, so far. Too early to tell if he will stay consistent. I always thought he was a good 4th liner. Nothing more.

Old
10-07-2013, 10:42 AM
PanthersHockey1
Bond.

I would play well in vancouver if i were paired with sedins too.

Old
10-07-2013, 10:57 AM
Acadmus

This is a three year old thread that doesn't serve much of a purpose here. Closed.