HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Havlat - Would Lou be interested?

Closed Thread

Old
10-09-2003, 01:28 PM
NJDevils#4
Since 2002, bishes

vCash: 500
Havlat - Would Lou be interested?

I know this is not the type of player Lou really particularly likes, but the talent is clearly there. If he could come cheap, do you see Lou offering something. I would LOVE to see Havlat on a line with either Gomez or Elias.

Old
10-09-2003, 02:36 PM
Unthinkable

vCash:
We know as fans that:

1) Martin Havlat would immediately suit Lou's vision of having a fast skating aggressive forechecking team.

2) He'd help the PP and be a top goal scoring threat with tremendous skill and poise on wing that we desperately lack on the right side.

3) On a less conventional note, with a bit more work on his defensive game with the help of Burns and Lapperiere (perhaps the only knock on him right now and its not even a big one), he could become a threatening penalty killer as well. I could see Friesen and Havlat as a tandem burning other teams for shorthanded goal after shorthanded goal with Stevens and Rafalski on D.

4) The Devils would finally have the personnel to have two top scoring lines as opposed to one and 1/2.

5) Ottawa can easily afford to lose Havlat with Jason Spezza's emergence and high expectations.

Old
10-09-2003, 02:56 PM
dedalus

Ottawa can easily afford to lose Havlat with Jason Spezza's emergence and high expectations.

IMO no one can "easily" afford to lose a player like Havlat.

The other part of the discussion is this: how much would the Devils be willing to part with to acquire him? If Muckler decides to put him on the market, there will be a bidding war.

Old
10-09-2003, 03:05 PM
NJDraft

Havlat,Comrie,Gaborik ect.

I really don't see Lou dealing for any of these young guys just on principal:he doesn't believe in giving young guys what their agents demand.

He did deal Morrison,but it took untill the deadline to do it.

If Minn. or more prob. Edm., came to Lou and said they wanted to deal maybe he'd look at it. I don't see Sens dealing with us at all and they have said they aren't moving Havlat even if he holds out for the season.

Of all the holdouts I'd obviously offer a lot for Gaborik.

Old
10-09-2003, 03:06 PM
Unthinkable

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
Ottawa can easily afford to lose Havlat with Jason Spezza's emergence and high expectations.

IMO no one can "easily" afford to lose a player like Havlat.

The other part of the discussion is this: how much would the Devils be willing to part with to acquire him? If Muckler decides to put him on the market, there will be a bidding war.
Think of it this way then. It's much easier for a team like the Sens stockpiled with the likes of Hossa, Alfredsson, Havlat, Varada, Neil, and Spezza on right wing to lose Martin Havlat then it is for a team like NJ to lose Jamie Langenbrunner for the season on RW. We lose Langs and we're left with Marshall, Gionta, Berglund, Brylin, and Rupp(?) to pick up the pace offensively. Depth-wise the Sens can afford to lose one top player from their forward roster far easier then we ever could.

Old
10-09-2003, 06:12 PM
meehan

Send a message via ICQ to meehan Send a message via AIM to meehan Send a message via MSN to meehan Send a message via Yahoo to meehan Send a message via Skype™ to meehan
I can't see the Senators and Devils doing a deal considering that these teams might end up facing each other in the conference finals and the players traded might come back to haunt either team. Besides, I don't think the Devils have anything that they could part with that Ottawa would want.

Closed Thread