HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

O Brownie, Brownie, Wherefore Art Thou Brownie?

Old
01-28-2011, 12:49 PM
Boba Fettuccine
Pastafarian

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Yeah he can at least cycle the puck effectively and has decent puck possesion skills. Brown is the King of Flub. He is a serious Motherflubber!
He flubs like the people from Jersey Shore club

Boba Fettuccine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 05:01 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... I've called for this since the beginning of the season, and I still think it would work. Murray didn't give this enough of a shot to make a real judgment one way or the other. It would take some balls to write out Loktionov-Kopitar-Simmonds on the top line, but I can't help but think that a coach with more confidence in himself wouldn't be afraid to give it a shot. There's no question in my mind that Simmonds has the all-around ability to be a top line player in this league.
I hear you...I struggle with it but it's a close call. I do concur Murray never gave it a chance but that is par for the 3 year course, to date.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 06:41 PM
JDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
I hear you...I struggle with it but it's a close call. I do concur Murray never gave it a chance but that is par for the 3 year course, to date.
While I will agree that Murray didn't give Simmonds a chance to really solidify himself on the first line, I also don't think Simmonds' play at any time this season (consistently I mean, outside of just a game here and there) has really warranted being a 1st line winger.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 04:32 PM
Whiskeypete

if anything it seems everyone IS in agreement with is TMu's constant line juggling. imo he never gives the guys time to develop the timing and chemistry. 1, 2, 3 games max and then he gets another wild hair up his ass and flips the lines again. it's no wonder there is a general lack of overall offensive chemistry on the team. players need the time to learn each others consistencies, moves, speed, timing, pass/shot preferences, etc. that doesn't just happen in a handful of games or practices. it takes weeks, months if not longer to develop.

players look for consistency in many things. give a guy a constant message and time to develop most times it works for the positive. if not then why do you think they send players to the AHL for 1-3 years, to get that time and consistency to develop. they arrive in LA and suddently TMu expects miracles in a week. TMu's message and approach ISNT consistent when it comes to developing players, especially young players.

i agree with others that Parse will be the next player tagged as ineffective and moved along. will Moller ever get his just due? will Loki get more than a glimpse this time around? only TMu's wild ride of a mind can answer that, the rest of us can only ponder

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 07:27 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
While I will agree that Murray didn't give Simmonds a chance to really solidify himself on the first line, I also don't think Simmonds' play at any time this season (consistently I mean, outside of just a game here and there) has really warranted being a 1st line winger.
Agree. I had high hopes for Simmonds this season and he has dissapointed. I'm struggling to find one part of his game that screams future #1 RWer. He looks more like a 3rd liner energy player than somebody who's going to put up nice point totals. From now on it's probably up to him how far he develops in the NHL and that includes lving a healthy, clean lifestyle, training hard in the offseason and improving his overall game. He could also be the victim of being a round peg in a square hole as far as the offenive system Murray uses. On a different team would Simmonds excel with more offensive creativity allowed by the coach?

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote