Notices

Ducks invited to play in Europe next season

Old
01-16-2011, 07:33 PM
QnebO

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
I hope we don't go to Europe, seems teams struggle when they go over there.
First time Pens were playing in Finland, they won the games and the stanley cup same year. Next year blackhawks were playing in Finland, and then they won the games and the stanley cup that year. So I wouldn't say that.

Ducks are invited to Finland atleast, i've read earlier when owner of Hartwall areena and Jokerit Harry Harkimo said he is going to invite the Ducks.

I would be so happy if they came in Finland.. I would get a change to watch my ducks live and to get in a real NHL game, and to see my idol since childhood Selanne to play Live..He is the best player ever from Finland imo and I probably wont see him play, ever.. Unless.. would be so cool!

Last edited by QnebO: 01-16-2011 at 07:43 PM.
QnebO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 11:13 PM
DaDucks

[QUOTE=QnebO;30256697]First time Pens were playing in Finland, they won the games and the stanley cup same year. Next year blackhawks were playing in Finland, and then they won the games and the stanley cup that year. So I wouldn't say that.

Ducks are invited to Finland atleast, i've read earlier when owner of Hartwall areena and Jokerit Harry Harkimo said he is going to invite the Ducks.

I would be so happy if they came in Finland.. I would get a change to watch my ducks live and to get in a real NHL game, and to see my idol since childhood Selanne to play Live..He is the best player ever from Finland imo and I probably wont see him play, ever.. Unless.. would be so cool! [/QUOTE]

woa.... pretty heavy stuff man... hope it comes true for you... im flying out regardless where the game is...

DaDucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 11:31 PM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QnebO View Post
First time Pens were playing in Finland, they won the games and the stanley cup same year. Next year blackhawks were playing in Finland, and then they won the games and the stanley cup that year. So I wouldn't say that.

I would be so happy if they came in Finland.. I would get a change to watch my ducks live and to get in a real NHL game, and to see my idol since childhood Selanne to play Live..He is the best player ever from Finland imo and I probably wont see him play, ever.. Unless.. would be so cool!
I wouldnt be so sure This looks like real last year for him. :/

PS damn, not so sure if i could manage to do the trip to Finland in next autumn. Will see. I hooooope Ducks will play in Riga. At least exhibition game. Besides, Ozolinsh and Hartigan plays in Riga team, those ex-Ducks played also against Coyotes. Could be playing again one year.

Last edited by Kalvinators: 01-16-2011 at 11:48 PM.
Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 11:59 PM
davidy2d

Selanne (maybe), Koivu, and Lydman spell Helsinki imo.

davidy2d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 12:22 AM
Fighter
Fighting my way

Helsinki? I'm all for it, third time in Finland would be sweet, I love the country.

Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 12:24 AM
iLau
Always Mighty

I feel bad for all the Duck fans in Europe because I don't think it is the team's best interest to play in Europe, it might hurt in the standings.

That being said, if Teemu would stay one more season to play a game in Finland then by all means!

iLau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 01:48 AM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLau View Post
I feel bad for all the Duck fans in Europe because I don't think it is the team's best interest to play in Europe, it might hurt in the standings.

That being said, if Teemu would stay one more season to play a game in Finland then by all means!
Well i don`t think any team pays a lot attention to fans in Europe. Most income is from NA. And not like some team have HUGE fan base in Europe. Actually imo Ducks have pretty solid fan base back here.

PS
Since i don1t count Russia as Europe, even Washington don`t pays a lot of attention in European fans.

Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 03:31 AM
mightyquack
Reverse Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
Since the Ducks pretty much suck at the beginning of every season it wont matter too much!
No no, we'll be better at the start of next season. We keep saying it every year so it must happen soon!

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 04:01 AM
Finnpin

Has someone seen any new news about this topic?

At least the Ducks haven't refused the invitation.

It doesn't matter where they will play as long as it's in Europe, and if I get the tickets, I'll book the flights and hotel right away. Still pissed I missed London.

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote