HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bob' interview in Russian Newspaper

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-28-2011, 01:31 PM
  #51
dbr2
Lockout Beard
 
dbr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,340
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Thanks for the translation! Russian is no easy language.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 03:05 PM
  #52
CavemanLawyer
Registered User
 
CavemanLawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Ocean City, MD
Posts: 1,111
vCash: 500
Yup, the translation was MUCH appreciated, thanks a lot man!

CavemanLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 06:13 PM
  #53
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,232
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Thanks a million for the translation. I hear Russian and English are two of the most difficult languages to learn, it seems like you did a nice job going between them.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 06:19 PM
  #54
Claude28Giroux
praiseG
 
Claude28Giroux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lewiston, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,535
vCash: 500
Bob!

Claude28Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 06:21 PM
  #55
CSKA1974
Registered User
 
CSKA1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Flyerville
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 1,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
Thanks a million for the translation. I hear Russian and English are two of the most difficult languages to learn, it seems like you did a nice job going between them.
Thanks man! Russian is a piece of cake for me, it's English that I have to worry about

CSKA1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 06:23 PM
  #56
CSKA1974
Registered User
 
CSKA1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Flyerville
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 1,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
Thanks for the translation! Russian is no easy language.
I beg to differ

CSKA1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 06:25 PM
  #57
mm6492
Registered User
 
mm6492's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,518
vCash: 500
Thanks For The Translation!!!

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 06:27 PM
  #58
CSKA1974
Registered User
 
CSKA1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Flyerville
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 1,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Ditto on the thanks, CSKA. Though I do love the generated translations handling sports terms. I'm still wondering what imps in snuff boxes is all about.

I hate to disappoint you, but "Physics" (in the article) was referring to his conditioning.

CSKA1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 06:32 PM
  #59
CSKA1974
Registered User
 
CSKA1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Flyerville
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 1,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclear View Post
No GF makes him more "hungry" if you catch my drift
From crossingbroad.com:

My girlfriend was refused a visa to the US again. They think she will stay here illegally. They tell her a single girl has no business being in the States. So during the ASG break I will fly to Toronto to spend 5 days with her. She has a Canadian visa. When the Flyers played in Vancouver we spent Christmas together."



And therein lies the key to Bob's bounce back from a tough December- the man just needed some lovin'. Bob gave up three or more goals five times in December. Presuming his girlfriend stayed with the team until the Flyers game in Vancouver on the 28th, he has given up more than three goals just once since their rendezvous (five on Dec. 31- no doubt saddened by the departure of Olga). In six appearances in January, he's given up two goals five times, and one goal once. The power of love, folks.

CSKA1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 07:03 PM
  #60
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKA1974 View Post
From crossingbroad.com:

My girlfriend was refused a visa to the US again. They think she will stay here illegally. They tell her a single girl has no business being in the States. So during the ASG break I will fly to Toronto to spend 5 days with her. She has a Canadian visa. When the Flyers played in Vancouver we spent Christmas together."



And therein lies the key to Bob's bounce back from a tough December- the man just needed some lovin'. Bob gave up three or more goals five times in December. Presuming his girlfriend stayed with the team until the Flyers game in Vancouver on the 28th, he has given up more than three goals just once since their rendezvous (five on Dec. 31- no doubt saddened by the departure of Olga). In six appearances in January, he's given up two goals five times, and one goal once. The power of love, folks.
I can think of a similar hockey practice where I got to "see" my girlfriend beforehand. Never had a better practice.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 08:39 PM
  #61
MountainHawk
Registered User
 
MountainHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Salem, MA
Country: Vanuatu
Posts: 12,771
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyflu View Post
I'm a little surprised Snider hasn't pulled a few strings to get his girlfriend over here. He's always been good at keeping the Flyers family and extended family happy.

All they need to do is offer her a "job" with the organization and then sponsor a work visa for her. Problem solved, happy Bob.
It depends what is stopping her. If she overstayed a student visa in the US, or if she has some kind of minor conviction for drugs, or she's violated one of the many niggling things they worry about, then she'll have a brutal time getting a visa right now.

I think they still even ask if you or your family has ever been a member of the Communist Party, which could be an issue in Russia.

MountainHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 09:09 PM
  #62
ilovetheflyers8
Registered User
 
ilovetheflyers8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: D.C.
Country: French Guiana Independentist
Posts: 4,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
It depends what is stopping her. If she overstayed a student visa in the US, or if she has some kind of minor conviction for drugs, or she's violated one of the many niggling things they worry about, then she'll have a brutal time getting a visa right now.

I think they still even ask if you or your family has ever been a member of the Communist Party, which could be an issue in Russia.
Lol really? I can't imagine why they'd care. Maybe if they were once a high level communist party member?

ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 09:57 PM
  #63
Justified
Moderator
Amaro out
 
Justified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 28,214
vCash: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKA1974 View Post
Continuation:

I did my best, please enjoy.
thanks. Give him 3 or 4 years to learn English and I believe he will be one of the best interviews.

Justified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 10:27 PM
  #64
Villedelphia*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Troy
Country: American Samoa
Posts: 1,043
vCash: 500
she does look like a dirty commie spy, hopefully he finds himself an american beauty with a perfect can, and great totties.

Villedelphia* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 11:23 PM
  #65
dbr2
Lockout Beard
 
dbr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,340
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Never mind.

Delete post HF!

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 01:46 AM
  #66
Murphy7
Drop the puck
 
Murphy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country:
Posts: 1,635
vCash: 500
Both translations were fabulous, though, thanks, CSKA for giving us the right one. That was truly refreshing to not get the same old cliches from an athlete.
Also, the Google translation sounded like great taglines for playoff avatars:
Quote:
The star of Flayerz
Can obtain Colder Trofi
Imp from the snuff-box
What of about of Bob?
Washers stop here!
Mudflow in the reserve
Physics was not sufficient?
Did fall stone from the soul
it is necessary to be engaged by teeth
To run home after training from all feet!
20 thousand people thus would ache for me
This machine always pleased
Why? Immediately everything paid
They altered Heath Lady Of Gaga
In this season directly the harvest of bean.
They called me Beaver. But here it tied Bob.
This as snow to the head…

Murphy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 02:08 AM
  #67
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity
 
ChumpyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Country: Sami
Posts: 2,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy7 View Post
The star of Flayerz
Can obtain Colder Trofi
Imp from the snuff-box
What of about of Bob?
Washers stop here!
Mudflow in the reserve
Physics was not sufficient?
Did fall stone from the soul
it is necessary to be engaged by teeth
To run home after training from all feet!
20 thousand people thus would ache for me
This machine always pleased
Why? Immediately everything paid
They altered Heath Lady Of Gaga
In this season directly the harvest of bean.
They called me Beaver. But here it tied Bob.
This as snow to the head…
Bolded ones would all make great album names if'n ya axe me.

Also, "Washers stop here!" seems like a poorly written sign you'd see in an Asian laundromat.

ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 02:13 AM
  #68
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky
 
Sokil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 6,227
vCash: 500
The translated article isn't that painful to read if you pretend Yakov Smirnoff is saying it in your head

Sokil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 08:36 AM
  #69
CSKA1974
Registered User
 
CSKA1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Flyerville
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 1,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post
Lol really? I can't imagine why they'd care. Maybe if they were once a high level communist party member?
She has a big "red flag" in an American embassy- she is single with no ties to the Motherland. It's their attempt to fight illegal immigration.

They (beurocrats in embassy) have a strict checkmark sheet for visa denial; and her situation is marked as an absolute "NO".

I had tried to invite my single friends and all of my attempts failed. The only friends who made it here to visit were family folks or the guys who have a successful business there.

It's almost easier to single people from Russia to fly to Canad or Mexico and then cross the border illegally
However, a good lawyer or a law maker should be able to solve this situation.

CSKA1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 08:43 AM
  #70
CSKA1974
Registered User
 
CSKA1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Flyerville
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 1,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
I can think of a similar hockey practice where I got to "see" my girlfriend beforehand. Never had a better practice.
Believe or not, there was an extensive research done in the USSR and East Germany on correlation between sex and athletic performance.

The rumor has it, that East German female teams had special male “athletic trainers” to facilitate peak performance during a competition.

I wish, I could apply for the job when I was young and single

CSKA1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 10:16 AM
  #71
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKA1974 View Post
Believe or not, there was an extensive research done in the USSR and East Germany on correlation between sex and athletic performance.

The rumor has it, that East German female teams had special male “athletic trainers” to facilitate peak performance during a competition.

I wish, I could apply for the job when I was young and single
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...60222_sex.html

The funny thing is my friend used to say that in hockey, a player shooting and hitting the post is a sign of sexual frustration, specifically not getting any. I think the next Flyers game Cannon hit the post...twice. That was pretty funny.

But yeah, there was an old myth that players should abstain before sporting events as it tires you out. I honestly think that was to keep the players in and together, and keep a team with almost a "military" mentality. Everything I've seen or experienced showed either no effect or the total opposite, increased performance. Confidence goes a long way in sports, and getting laid helps.

Which, if that theory is true, Flyers fans need to band together and petition to get his girlfriend a visa

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 12:15 PM
  #72
CSKA1974
Registered User
 
CSKA1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Flyerville
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 1,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...60222_sex.html

The funny thing is my friend used to say that in hockey, a player shooting and hitting the post is a sign of sexual frustration, specifically not getting any. I think the next Flyers game Cannon hit the post...twice. That was pretty funny.

But yeah, there was an old myth that players should abstain before sporting events as it tires you out. I honestly think that was to keep the players in and together, and keep a team with almost a "military" mentality. Everything I've seen or experienced showed either no effect or the total opposite, increased performance. Confidence goes a long way in sports, and getting laid helps.

Which, if that theory is true, Flyers fans need to band together and petition to get his girlfriend a visa
That theory is contradicted by the frequency of Carter's "high and wide" shots

CSKA1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 12:40 PM
  #73
MountainHawk
Registered User
 
MountainHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Salem, MA
Country: Vanuatu
Posts: 12,771
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKA1974 View Post
She has a big "red flag" in an American embassy- she is single with no ties to the Motherland. It's their attempt to fight illegal immigration.

They (beurocrats in embassy) have a strict checkmark sheet for visa denial; and her situation is marked as an absolute "NO".

I had tried to invite my single friends and all of my attempts failed. The only friends who made it here to visit were family folks or the guys who have a successful business there.

It's almost easier to single people from Russia to fly to Canad or Mexico and then cross the border illegally
However, a good lawyer or a law maker should be able to solve this situation.
Yeah, that makes sense. Russia has to be on the 'high risk' list right now, I would guess. My wife is Canadian, and when we were dating, she got a hard time (but never actually refused entry) crossing during the period when she was unemployed and not in school, because there was nothing to guarantee her return in Canada. They even called her brother (whom she was living with) to see when he expect her back once.

MountainHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 01:01 PM
  #74
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKA1974 View Post
That theory is contradicted by the frequency of Carter's "high and wide" shots
A theory is a theory because it can be disproved. Well done, Dr. CSKA.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 08:42 PM
  #75
Yosimar89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sin City, NV
Country: Cuba
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKA1974 View Post
Bob gave an awsome interview Russian news paper "Sovetskiy Sport". I attached a picture of him with his girlfriend. Apparently, ahe is unable to get an American visa and they are going to meet in Toronto during ASG break.

As usual, his interview was very mature.

His parents are visiting him right now, so he is on home cooking diet till the end of January.

His parents are amazed how popular a d how loved is there son in Philadelphia.
Am i the only who thinks Bob looks like a Vampire in that pic?


I get that "Qeen of the Damned" vibe from him in that pic

Yosimar89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.