HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Videogame Thread #2 (PSN/Gamertags): Skyrim!

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2011, 11:31 AM
HoverCarle*

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
going to crack open Dead Space 2 today

Old
01-28-2011, 04:44 PM
Start Leighton*

I know I am late but I just picked up Final Fantasy XIII.

Old
01-28-2011, 05:11 PM
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing

NHL 11: How do I...
- stop the CPU from checking my Pro to the ice every time I try to do something that isn't a shot from the point? (every time I get hit my guy flops to the ground, even if I have high strength and balance)
- properly speed up? (I never notice a difference in speed when I click the left stick)
- deke properly? (I do some deke and get checked and/or never regain possession of the puck)
- get the rest of my team to stop passing between two people for two minutes and just shoot? (I can't stand watching my team not be able to score a goal without me being on the ice)
- properly play Be A GM? (Am I supposed to sim all the games and miss the playoffs or am I supposed to play the games and go on a 50 game winning streak?)

Basically, I have a hard time believing I'm playing this game properly since I'm having so many problems

Old
01-28-2011, 05:27 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevUpThoseFlyers View Post
NHL 11: How do I...
- stop the CPU from checking my Pro to the ice every time I try to do something that isn't a shot from the point? (every time I get hit my guy flops to the ground, even if I have high strength and balance)
- properly speed up? (I never notice a difference in speed when I click the left stick)
- deke properly? (I do some deke and get checked and/or never regain possession of the puck)
- get the rest of my team to stop passing between two people for two minutes and just shoot? (I can't stand watching my team not be able to score a goal without me being on the ice)
- properly play Be A GM? (Am I supposed to sim all the games and miss the playoffs or am I supposed to play the games and go on a 50 game winning streak?)

Basically, I have a hard time believing I'm playing this game properly since I'm having so many problems
1) The easiest way to not get checked is to avoid it. Don't skate directly into a computer dman and try to deke, they will stand you up and kill you. Also, size has a large bearing on balance, if you aren't very talented maybe you should try a bigger power forward type for now.

2) To speed up while carrying the puck you can push the puck using the LT button (I am pretty sure). I never really notice a difference hustling either, but to be fair, I primarily play goal.

3) Most of the dekes are utterly useless. The only one that I use is the quick deke to the forehand side (just a quick move to the left after the loose puck button is pressed) and the windmill (hold the stick to the backhand and then swing it over to the forehand after the loose puck button is pressed). Most of the times you can get by by protecting the puck and pushing it around the dman, though.

4) You can call for a pass by hitting the pass button if you're playing with computers.

5) Don't play Be a GM, the true way to play is Be a Pro (especially online) and, to a lesser extent, HUT.

NHL is an easy game to get decent at, but an extremely difficult game to get good at. I highly suggest you start out by playing some offline Be a Pro games on defense to get a feel for positioning and how to use your body and stick defensively and then try to move to offense to get a feel for how to maneuver with the puck and be creative with it. Then, when you feel a bit more comfortable, try to jump into online Be a Pro games on defense and try to ignore the morons that you will enivitably play with and just focus on improving a different aspect of your game every game (whether it be outlet passes, puck handling, defensive positioning, etc.)

Good luck, bud. If you ever need some more hands on tips my gamertag is Agrudez.

Old
01-29-2011, 03:55 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Installing my newly received copy of Starcraft II from my brother. I didn't know this, but when you register the game on Blizzard's site, it will allow you to download the client if you don't have the disk. So technically a physical and digital copy.

Old
01-29-2011, 04:51 PM
Phileeguy
G's got good hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xchrisx159 View Post
Let me know how that goes. I haven't picked up any FF game since X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Installing my newly received copy of Starcraft II from my brother. I didn't know this, but when you register the game on Blizzard's site, it will allow you to download the client if you don't have the disk. So technically a physical and digital copy.
If you have any other Blizzard games you have that option now too, as long as you still know your older games CD Key. But yeah, for all the *****ing I do about Blizzard games' release dates and how they're always pushed back forever or put on indefinite hiatus (like SC Ghost, I really wanted to see that as a finished product), they end up putting out good products and usually have good online support.

Old
01-29-2011, 05:17 PM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by xchrisx159 View Post
I still haven't beaten it. I do like it, and the "playing a movie" idea is neat. I just can't stand the camera angles....

Old
01-29-2011, 05:21 PM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
I got the SNES emu specifically for FFIII (VI), Super Metroid, Super Punch Out, Super Mario World, and Zelda LttP. I put them on my droid phone as well and the games run remarkably smooth. I like to run speed tests on these games and it Took me a 50 minute bus ride to work this morning to beat Super Metroid start to finish. Super Punch Out is another must have. Game is rediculously addictive, yet so simple and still light years better than most games for your phone.
I hope you left our Chrono Trigger by accident, if not DL it now and play it!

Old
01-29-2011, 05:23 PM
SolidSnakeUS

I own Chrono Trigger for the DS and I'm right at the end of the game but I haven't beaten it .

Old
01-29-2011, 05:42 PM
Start Leighton*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimiFerrari View Post
I still haven't beaten it. I do like it, and the "playing a movie" idea is neat. I just can't stand the camera angles....
I just started I have only been playing an hour or so of game time I like it so far. As for the camera I am constantly changing it with the right analog stick.

Old
01-29-2011, 07:05 PM
Jaydepps

Send a message via AIM to Jaydepps
Finally got my Legend card on NHL 11 as a power forward. Couldn't decide on a good size to make my guy, but is 6'2" and 225 a good size?

Also, should be getting LBP2 and Dead Space 2 next week.

Old
01-29-2011, 09:29 PM
SolidSnakeUS

So yeah, I can't log onto B-Net with WC3. **** them...

Old
01-29-2011, 10:17 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydepps View Post
Finally got my Legend card on NHL 11 as a power forward. Couldn't decide on a good size to make my guy, but is 6'2" and 225 a good size?

Also, should be getting LBP2 and Dead Space 2 next week.
almost done DS2 now. Great game

Old
01-29-2011, 10:20 PM
SolidSnakeUS

That size sounds fine. I mean, I'm a playmaker and I'm 6'1" at 190 lbs. 2.4 PPG at about 559 points and a +/- of +97.

Old
01-29-2011, 10:36 PM
Phileeguy
G's got good hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
So yeah, I can't log onto B-Net with WC3. **** them...
I'm having no issues as I just checked it. What message are they giving you?

Old
01-29-2011, 10:52 PM
SolidSnakeUS

I figured it out... it's just weird. I had to make a new name for it. I thought I HAD to use my email address for Battle.net. Nope. It's been way too ****ing long since I've played anything WC3.

Old
01-29-2011, 11:14 PM

vCash: 50
Dead Space 2 is making me lose sleep. Darkness is the enemy.

Old
01-29-2011, 11:55 PM
ToTheNet

Send a message via AIM to ToTheNet
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
Dead Space 2 is making me lose sleep. Darkness is the enemy.
I'm in love with the game and the Multiplayer is Outstanding.

Old
01-30-2011, 12:02 AM
Jaydepps

Send a message via AIM to Jaydepps
I was in the beta for Dead Space 2 which was multiplayer only. It was one of the better games I ever played. The only glaring problem was a frequent disconnect. The server would crash fairly often. Has this been corrected? I imagine the problem was only because it was beta.

Old
01-30-2011, 12:04 AM
ToTheNet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydepps View Post
I was in the beta for Dead Space 2 which was multiplayer only. It was one of the better games I ever played. The only glaring problem was a frequent disconnect. The server would crash fairly often. Has this been corrected? I imagine the problem was only because it was beta.
I had a lot of issues earlier today with being cut out. . . it was like 4 straight games I just randomly would drop out of. . . but later I was able to play like 5-6 straight without an issue.

Old
01-30-2011, 09:43 AM
JSTAFF

Anyone have problems with Netflix streaming from xbox? I'll pick a movie....it says loading...then my screen just goes black and my xbox freezes. Google search didn't find me an answer either...

Old
01-30-2011, 12:08 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Two Worlds II is a pretty fun game. Playing with my brother at the moment online. There are currently 6-7 online campaigns you can play. Kinda liked the old way in which you could play through the single player storyline and go anywhere you wanted.

Overall though pretty fun. Voice acting is better, but the game still has bugs and sometimes it seems like they forgot some cutscenes (like it goes from one place and all of a sudden your underground). Also at times you randomly float. Playing an earth mage, and brother a piker (I forgot the amount of classes they have. Its probably around 10). I have a buff spell which increases the physical attack by like 40% for 60 seconds. We 2v5'd a bunch of lower lvls (we were 6,they were 1 and 2) and destroyed them. Got a spell which summons lvl 4 frog type things and I sent out 6 of them lol. I was only one that died due to getting gang banged.

Old
01-30-2011, 12:53 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevUpThoseFlyers View Post

The GM mode is the best mode in the game. If you are winning every game easily, why don't you up the difficulty. If you are still winning, adjust all the sliders to hurt your game, to ensure the games are closer.

As you will see in the options, it allows you to increase fatigue, hitting power, shot accuracy and the sorts for the human player or computer. Put your stats down, lower your chances on net and then play. I have a hard time believing you could win 80 games without some pretty heavy competition.

Another thing i do is try to keep my team as young as possible and build them. Starting from very low overalls, 71-75, and playing until they become stars. Also you can easily win the first overall pick to keep picking up good youngsters. Once my players hit the 27-28 mark they are traded for good draft picks/young players

Old
01-31-2011, 12:43 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Diablo II is a pretty good game.

Old
01-31-2011, 07:45 AM
ToTheNet