Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cal/Fla

Old
01-28-2011, 10:44 PM
luckyirish83

vCash: 500
Cal/Fla

Hockey buzz is reporting that Stephen Weiss may be headed to Calgary..which is why the Flames have been making room. Anyone else hear anything about this? And if so...who would we send back their way?

luckyirish83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 10:47 PM
Jules Winnfield
Top 6 wing please...

Would you believe this guy?

Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 11:06 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 150
Eklund has slightly more cred after he broke those FA signings in the off season. That said, Weiss has a lot of fans on this site. I don't think Tallon would give him up without a decent return (ie Backlund).

I Hate Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 11:07 PM
Signature
Trademarked™

vCash: 50
Maybe he's taking a picture of Kessel all alone. :p

Signature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 11:35 PM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

Eklund is not a credible source for a rumor or anything in my opinion.

tyflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 11:45 PM
slappipappi

Florida will require palyers who are younger and cheaper. Backlund and a first would get it done, and a salary dump to Florida.

With both Florida and (hopefully) Calgary looking to get younger , they match up poorly.

slappipappi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 01:49 AM
StreakingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyflames View Post
Eklund is not a credible source for a rumor or anything in my opinion.

Agreed.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 02:01 AM
Stewie Griffin
Stewie Hockey™

vCash: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post

I'm sure he is a nice guy, and has candy in his van. What harm could there be?

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 03:19 AM
saillias

I'll never get over that one site that did the math and figured out that Eklund is statistically less likely to get something right than pulling names out of a hat. Whenever I read an Eklund/Calgary rumor, I actually get disappointed because I know that the chance of this trade happening is lower than random chance.

saillias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 12:16 PM
Phaedrus

Oiler fan coming in peace...

The Flames are making moves to clear up cap space, and adding Weiss would seem to make sense for your team. I don't know a ton about Weiss, but I know that when he is on his game he is capable of making those around him better, he is a capable two-way center, and he is relatively soft (that sums up what I know - or think I know - of Weiss). Iginla certainly covers the grit factor on a line, thus Weiss' pluses certainly out weigh his negatives relative to playing on the Flames top line. Maybe Eklund will get this one right... all signs point to the Flames doing something sooner rather than later.

In the end, it matters little to me... except that while I dislike the Flames - I do respect the rivalry; and I just hate the Canucks. So seeing the Flames add another element to make them more competitive against the Canucks is a small win in my books.

I cannot wait until Tambellini brings Glenncross back to the Oil.

edit: And I did not just add the avatar knowing I was posting on this board... it has been there since that beating. I wish the Flames luck for the remainder of the season.

Phaedrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 01:14 PM
iggyman12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
Oiler fan coming in peace...

The Flames are making moves to clear up cap space, and adding Weiss would seem to make sense for your team. I don't know a ton about Weiss, but I know that when he is on his game he is capable of making those around him better, he is a capable two-way center, and he is relatively soft (that sums up what I know - or think I know - of Weiss). Iginla certainly covers the grit factor on a line, thus Weiss' pluses certainly out weigh his negatives relative to playing on the Flames top line. Maybe Eklund will get this one right... all signs point to the Flames doing something sooner rather than later.

In the end, it matters little to me... except that while I dislike the Flames - I do respect the rivalry; and I just hate the Canucks. So seeing the Flames add another element to make them more competitive against the Canucks is a small win in my books.

I cannot wait until Tambellini brings Glenncross back to the Oil.

edit: And I did not just add the avatar knowing I was posting on this board... it has been there since that beating. I wish the Flames luck for the remainder of the season.
These are some good points. Thats about all I know from Weiss as well. I just dont want the Flames to give up too much to get him if its true. Hopefully soon the Oilers and Flames rivalry will mean something again sometime. But for now we can all agree on how much we HATE the Canucks. Cheers.

ps. You had your chance at Glenny...he is ours now

iggyman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 02:37 PM
Pacem

Weiss was a great addition for my fantasy team in NHL 10 ... Maybe it would work out in real lfie.

I like Weiss, but im sick of trading for players from poor teams. I think we should just stop doing it.

Pacem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 03:06 PM
Lunatik*

hockeybuzz does not mean its Eklund... which is why the guy needs to provide a link

did a search of my own and it is Eklund...

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...mbling/1/33236

but that said...

Eklund was on the money about the Flames trying to land both Jokinen and Bouwmeester...

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 03:12 PM
Lunatik*

I would like to add I fully support an addition of Weiss... he is a guy that has been on my radar for a while... but he is not the answer to the #1 center in Calgary... he is a low end 1st line center or an excellent #2 center... he reminds me of a younger Langkow

Old
01-29-2011, 03:13 PM
Noori

vCash: 763
...and Stajan.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 03:20 PM
oilers89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post

is that accually eklund? haha

oilers89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 04:37 PM
TAFLames

I think weiss would be a terrific fit for calgary. i think backlund and a first is a huge over payment if the was the case. i think something along the lines of a hagman or stajan plus a prospect like pelech might get it done.

TAFLames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 05:44 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by saillias View Post
I'll never get over that one site that did the math and figured out that Eklund is statistically less likely to get something right than pulling names out of a hat. Whenever I read an Eklund/Calgary rumor, I actually get disappointed because I know that the chance of this trade happening is lower than random chance.
what I can't get over is that people buy into a site that measures something that can not be quantified... the site is the equivilent of the pervert in the wood panel van stalking the girl that has rejected him for years... he bottom line is Eklund 'reports' on rumors of teams talking, not just on deals beign done... until GMs reveal every phone call they make inquiring about another player there is absolutely no way of knowing how accurate (or inaccurate) Eklund actually is

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFLames View Post
I think weiss would be a terrific fit for calgary. i think backlund and a first is a huge over payment if the was the case. i think something along the lines of a hagman or stajan plus a prospect like pelech might get it done.
who said anything about Backlund and a first?

Old
01-29-2011, 05:47 PM
Signature
Trademarked™

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
who said anything about Backlund and a first?
Quote:
Originally Posted by slappipappi View Post
Florida will require palyers who are younger and cheaper. Backlund and a first would get it done, and a salary dump to Florida.

With both Florida and (hopefully) Calgary looking to get younger , they match up poorly.
Pretty big overpayment if you ask me.

Signature is offline   Reply With Quote