HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buffalo - Edmonton

Old
01-29-2011, 11:25 PM
Loungie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers1084 View Post
You have no hockey knowledge.
You suck....
I have no hockey knowledge? Why would the sabres trade pretty much untouchable players in return for players they wouldnt want/need.

GO **** YOURSELFFFFFFF

Loungie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 11:30 PM
oilers1084

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loungie View Post
I have no hockey knowledge? Why would the oilers trade pretty much untouchable players in return for players they wouldnt want/need.

GO **** YOURSELFFFFFFF
Fixed.

oilers1084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 11:37 PM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Barr View Post
This deal is stupid for both teams. I think someone like Brule or Cogliano could realistically be traded to Buffalo, since the Sabres are in desperate need of scoring line centers, and those 2 guys still have some potential and might need a change of scenery.

Something like Sekera for Cogliano I think could work, but the OP's proposal is just a cluster-****.
Done

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 11:37 PM
umwoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers1084 View Post
Fixed.
Yeah the Oilers would just hate having Ennis/Kassian or Pysyk right? Gagner, Smid, Souray, Hartikainen untouchable??

umwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 11:42 PM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by umwoz View Post
Yeah the Oilers would just hate having Ennis/Kassian or Pysyk right? Gagner, Smid, Souray, Hartikainen untouchable??
I watch Pysyk live all the time and no I dont think he will be anything more than a 5th 6 dman if he ever makes the nhl

Old
01-29-2011, 11:48 PM
Gobo
What's Your Issue?

No. From both teams.

Gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 11:48 PM
umwoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by newoilburnsclean View Post
I watch Pysyk live all the time and no I dont think he will be anything more than a 5th 6 dman if he ever makes the nhl
This doesn't really address the bigger picture of my post. However I know different fans may have varying opinions of prospects. That said, he was a consensus 1st rounder going into the draft, and it's not like he's been disappointing this year.

umwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 11:52 PM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by umwoz View Post
This doesn't really address the bigger picture of my post. However I know different fans may have varying opinions of prospects. That said, he was a consensus 1st rounder going into the draft, and it's not like he's been disappointing this year.
Well he was a really good midget player but I watch him lots and he does nothing great or bad he is not big 6'1 he does not have that much offense I see him as a tweaner most likley a career ahler he has not progressed as much as forcasted he is pretty plain jane dont understand the hype

Old
01-30-2011, 01:15 AM
schpaff

Seems we have a NHL scout posting.

schpaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2011, 04:23 AM
Ron Barr
Doing it to Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Ndur View Post
Sekera's been on Sabres top pairing with Myers and is under Buffalo's control for a few more years. Butler is more likely the player they'd be looking to move.
Myers has been paired with Morrisonn as the 2nd pairing, and Sekera has been paired with Weber as the third pairing for the past few games.

Ron Barr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2011, 04:25 AM
Ron Barr
Doing it to Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by newoilburnsclean View Post
Well he was a really good midget player but I watch him lots and he does nothing great or bad he is not big 6'1 he does not have that much offense I see him as a tweaner most likley a career ahler he has not progressed as much as forcasted he is pretty plain jane dont understand the hype
I haven't seen much of him, but from what I've heard from other Sabres fans who follow junior hockey on here, Pysyk's improved a lot this year and looks like a lock for Team Canada at next year's WJC (unless he gets hurt or suddenly starts to suck for no reason). He may not be a completely offensive defenseman, or a shut-down guy, but he seems to be a solid all-around smart player with good size and wheels.

Old
01-30-2011, 04:31 AM
MALKIN NTHE MIDDLE
▀████╱█████▀

vCash: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
To Buffalo:

Ales Hemsky
Sam Gagner
Ladislav Smid or Sheldon Souray
Teemu Hartikainen
2012 1st rounder

To Edmonton:

Thomas Vanek
Zach Kassian or Tyler Ennis
Mark Pysyk
Shaone Morrisonn (salary wise)

Let's hear the great mixed reviews hf has to offer.
No from the Oilers perspective the first round pick could easily be a top 5 pick again and Vanek is overpaid it would even be more worse if they take Smid instead of Souray, you never ever want to trade away your first round pick when your rebuilding in a big way.

MALKIN NTHE MIDDLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2011, 08:21 AM
Rowley Birkin

Quote:
Something like Sekera for Cogliano I think could work, but the OP's proposal is just a cluster-****.
Nah - Brule instead of Cogliano and Butler instead of Sekera. Even if the Sabres had to add a low round pick.

As for the first proposal:

If Edmonton wanted Vanek I'd propose something like Vanek + for Gagner and Paajarvi like I posted before.

I don't see the Sabres even thinking about trading Kassian certainly until he's had some NHL experience. And although I think some Sabres fan over rate Ennis I don't see him ever being moved either - unless an upgrade is coming back.

Pysyk seems a decent prospect but something I think the Sabres could/should use as part of a package to upgrade the current roster (IE a 1b/2a centre or a no.2 LHD to partner Myers).

Morrisonn would be available in the offseason for a mid round pick IMO (ie a 3rd or something).

Rowley Birkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2011, 11:04 AM
Fourier

Quote:
I haven't seen much of him, but from what I've heard from other Sabres fans who follow junior hockey on here, Pysyk's improved a lot this year and looks like a lock for Team Canada at next year's WJC (unless he gets hurt or suddenly starts to suck for no reason). He may not be a completely offensive defenseman, or a shut-down guy, but he seems to be a solid all-around smart player with good size and wheels.
Pysyk plays in Edmonton. He also grew up in Sherwood Park, a suburb on the east side of the city. Regardless of what you may think of the trades Oiler fans propose it is quite likley that they do know a fair bit about his game.

Fourier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2011, 11:23 AM
rockinghockey

The deal does not make since for both teams, I think something smaller can be worked out, we have Cogs, Brule, Penner or Hemsky that are on the block though.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2011, 11:25 AM
Ruman Ndur

Quote:
Myers has been paired with Morrisonn as the 2nd pairing, and Sekera has been paired with Weber as the third pairing for the past few games.
Regardless of who he is paired with he has logged top 3 ice time amongst Sabres Dmen over their past four games. I stopped looking after that but I'm sure it's a trend that will continue.

Ruman Ndur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2011, 11:26 AM
rockinghockey

Players Edm would be interested in are Weber, Pysyk and your 1st rounder of course.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2011, 11:41 AM
Havok89

Buffalo doesnt need to trade Vanek for a top-6 center. He's overpaid but we have the cap room
to keep him. If we wanted Souray, we would have claimed him. Ennis/kassian are pretty much untouchable, but I would love to package Pysyk for a top-6 center, preferably Ribiero in the off season.

Havok89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2011, 11:44 AM
Tra La La

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
The deal does not make since for both teams, I think something smaller can be worked out, we have Cogs, Brule, Penner or Hemsky that are on the block though.
Buffalo could be interested in those 2. But the Value isn't real high, neither seem to be top 6 material.

Tra La La is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2011, 11:53 AM
Ron Barr
Doing it to Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
Pysyk plays in Edmonton. He also grew up in Sherwood Park, a suburb on the east side of the city. Regardless of what you may think of the trades Oiler fans propose it is quite likley that they do know a fair bit about his game.
Just because they are from Edmonton, or fans of the Oilers, doesn't mean they follow Pysyk's career.

Old
01-30-2011, 11:54 AM
Rowley Birkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok89 View Post
, but I would love to package Pysyk for a top-6 center, preferably Ribiero
If Dallas were interested there that would be a good trade. Sabres would probably have to ad though

Quote:
Players Edm would be interested in are Weber, Pysyk and your 1st rounder of course.
For what? Theres no way Brule (or Cogliano) are worth that.

Rowley Birkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2011, 02:19 PM
Fourier

Quote:
Just because they are from Edmonton, or fans of the Oilers, doesn't mean they follow Pysyk's career.
If you are a hockey fan and live in Edmonton you hear a lot about Pysyk. He is the captain of the local junior team. Some of the guys you are debating with see him play all the time. They may even have watched him since he was a kid.

Hockey is a religion in Edmonton. Go there in July or August and there is as much in the papers and on the talk shows about hockey as there is about any sport. This includes hockey at all levels.

There were a lot of Oiler fans who were hoping that Pysyk was available at the beginning of round 2, many wanted the Oilers to trade up to take a shot at him. He has been a topic of conversation for years on the Oiler Board.

Start here: (From 2007)

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...ighlight=Pysyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Flaming View Post
I played golf with Pysyk in early June, pretty sure he told me he would be playing AAA Midget this year. (or Bantam, I forget).

Next season (2008-09) will be his year to step in.
Here is a lttle excerise for you to try. Do a search for Pysyk on the Edmonton Board and one on the Sabres Board. You will find 4 pages of threads in which Pysyks name comes up on the Edmonton Board going back to 2007. The Sabres Board has a page and a half of threads. And about 70% of the these threads are from a poll ranking the Sabres prospects. It looks to me that this time last year no one on the Buffalo Board had ever mentioned the guy.

Last edited by Fourier: 01-30-2011 at 03:36 PM.
Fourier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2011, 02:23 PM
lakai17

vCash: 50
haha what a great proposal, I'm sure I put up Kassian OR Ennis, all the Sabres fans jumping around like I said only Kassian!

I'm not too big on Pysyk either, I just know he's a local boy so I thought he would be a great project defenceman in the making.

I did the Vanek-Hemsky trade for salary cap wise, people in Buffalo probably are still curious who Hemsky is but he'll get shown sooner than later being in his prime. I could only imagine Hemsky being a big conrtributor in Buffalo feeding his linemates sick pass after sick pass.

No Buffalo fan even mentioned Gagner like they don't know who he is either, I'd rather have Gagner over Ennis but I did that deal thinking Buffalo may think the same, both great young players none the less and me throwing in that 2012 1st rounder is beyond me but still couldn't catch a bite I just love how other fans think the game.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2011, 02:41 PM
oilers1084

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Just curious who said these guys were on the block?

oilers1084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2011, 03:01 PM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
haha what a great proposal, I'm sure I put up Kassian OR Ennis, all the Sabres fans jumping around like I said only Kassian!

I'm not too big on Pysyk either, I just know he's a local boy so I thought he would be a great project defenceman in the making.

I did the Vanek-Hemsky trade for salary cap wise, people in Buffalo probably are still curious who Hemsky is but he'll get shown sooner than later being in his prime. I could only imagine Hemsky being a big conrtributor in Buffalo feeding his linemates sick pass after sick pass.

No Buffalo fan even mentioned Gagner like they don't know who he is either, I'd rather have Gagner over Ennis but I did that deal thinking Buffalo may think the same, both great young players none the less and me throwing in that 2012 1st rounder is beyond me but still couldn't catch a bite I just love how other fans think the game.
HAHA do you really think people in Buffalo don't know who Hemsky and Gagner are? Probably because the original offer is so bad that it's not even worth discussing the players involved. Hemsky misses plenty of games from injury and has a career high of 23 goals, while Vanek's average over the last 4 years is 37 goals. He also has a career high in points higher than Hemsky's. The Sabres need a playmaking center, not a playmaking winger. Vanek is a superior player than him, end of discussion. Then you want one of our top 2 forward prospects and our first round pick in the last draft for Gagner, who hasn't cracked 50 points yet in 3 years (though he could this year) and hasn't shown he's a top 6 player over his 3.5 years in the league, and a defensemen in a position that we have a logjam in. This trade just doesn't do anything for the Sabres. We get a worse winger, a struggling center, another defensemen, a good prospect and a first round pick in 2012, not 2011, for our best scorer, and top prospects.

thefifagod is offline   Reply With Quote