HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buffalo - Edmonton

Old
01-30-2011, 04:30 PM
Jame
Dream '16

vCash: 500
Pysyk, Sabres 1st
for
Brule, Edmonton 1st

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2011, 04:31 PM
dnicks17

vCash: 1115

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2011, 04:31 PM
Tra La La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
Pysyk, Sabres 1st
for
Brule, Edmonton 1st
EEEK

Not keen on that one

Tra La La is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2011, 05:25 PM
is the answer jesus

Quote:
Pysyk, Sabres 1st
for
Brule, Edmonton 1st
I'd be interested in that trade as it would give the sabres a real shot at couturier. Brule interests me as well. Not sure if edmonton would want to give up a potential lottery pick though.

is the answer jesus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2011, 05:51 PM
Fourier

Quote:
Originally Posted by is the answer jesus View Post
I'd be interested in that trade as it would give the sabres a real shot at couturier. Brule interests me as well. Not sure if edmonton would want to give up a potential lottery pick though.
I would say there is zero chance the Oiler do that deal.

Pysyk is simply not good enough for the Oilers to risk moving out of the top four. They already have Petry and Marincin in the system. They need either a franchise defensman (Larsson) or a number one center (Couturier or RNH).

Last edited by Fourier: 01-30-2011 at 05:57 PM.
Fourier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2011, 05:57 PM
Njoy Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaen View Post
I take Hemsky at 4M long before I take Vanek at 7M.
Ironic thats what he would have been making in Edmonton.

Njoy Oilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2011, 06:33 PM
Rowley Birkin

Quote:
Pysyk, Sabres 1st
for
Brule, Edmonton 1st
I like it. Not sure the Oilers make it though.

If they want Pysyk, how about Pysyk for Brule with them adding a later pick?

Sabres could shift Butler in a seperate trade for another pick anyway.

Rowley Birkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2011, 08:19 PM
Tra La La

Brule is a bottom 6 guy, who's been through waivers. He is ceiling is likely 20-20. Why would Buffalo trade Pysyk for him? Brule's value is about a 4th round pick.

Old
01-30-2011, 08:23 PM
s7ark
TheWorstEver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
Brule is a bottom 6 guy, who's been through waivers. He is ceiling is likely 20-20. Why would Buffalo trade Pysyk for him? Brule's value is about a 4th round pick.
When did Brule pass through waivers?

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2011, 08:29 PM
Tra La La

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
When did Brule pass through waivers?

Columbus exposed him to the waiver draft. He went unclaimed. ( Pretty sure because he was one we talked about on our board)

Old
01-30-2011, 08:38 PM
Fourier

Quote:
Columbus exposed him to the waiver draft. He went unclaimed. ( Pretty sure because he was one we talked about on our board)
Brule was waiver exempt until after his first year in Edmonton. He has never been on waivers.

Old
01-30-2011, 09:01 PM
Vdhawan89
#FireLowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by static80 View Post
Buffalo gets hosed. No thanks.
The only Buffalo player on that list that has a shot at getting traded is Morrisonn.
You offer nothing comparable to Vanek. Hemsky isn't even close.
Kassian is a cut above just about everyone you offer from Edmonton as well.

Like I said, no thanks, Buffalo gets hosed.
LOL

Vdhawan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2011, 09:02 PM
Vdhawan89
#FireLowe

Quote:
Pysyk, Sabres 1st
for
Brule, Edmonton 1st
No way in hell

Vdhawan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2011, 09:21 PM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdhawan89 View Post
LOL
Nothing funny about it, he's really not. I'll take the guy who averages 37 goals over the last 4 years, at times dominating games by himself, an absolute beast on the power play over the guy who's career high is 23 goals, misses more games with injury, and gets more assists. I'll take the extra 15-20 goals extra before the 20ish extra assists. If Vanek had a true playmaking center he'd pot 40 every single year.

As for Jame's offer, I'd say yes but I don't see why Edmonton would. Ghost, I understand Pysyk is more valuable than Brule, but the potential to get the #1 overall pick, a pick that seems like a lock for a top 4 pick, is too intriguing. Plus we can actually root for the Sabres to win this way so we wouldn't have our own 1st anymore

thefifagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2011, 11:00 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefifagod View Post
HAHA do you really think people in Buffalo don't know who Hemsky and Gagner are? Probably because the original offer is so bad that it's not even worth discussing the players involved. Hemsky misses plenty of games from injury and has a career high of 23 goals, while Vanek's average over the last 4 years is 37 goals. He also has a career high in points higher than Hemsky's. The Sabres need a playmaking center, not a playmaking winger. Vanek is a superior player than him, end of discussion. Then you want one of our top 2 forward prospects and our first round pick in the last draft for Gagner, who hasn't cracked 50 points yet in 3 years (though he could this year) and hasn't shown he's a top 6 player over his 3.5 years in the league, and a defensemen in a position that we have a logjam in. This trade just doesn't do anything for the Sabres. We get a worse winger, a struggling center, another defensemen, a good prospect and a first round pick in 2012, not 2011, for our best scorer, and top prospects.
I'm still scratching my head over why Buffalo or Edmonton are even discussing this proposal and why Kevin Lowe is still even employed by the Oilers considering the Vanek target offer sheet which is why the Sabres or any other franchise cannot truly take Vanek in this cap era..... how does the Oilers fanbase think the Sabres fanbase is tht gullible when had they not targeted Vanek to begin with, you likely would've kept the pick which was Myers had the Oilers not then targeted Penner which cost them tht pick when Burke filed the protest...... and Sabre fans think/believe Larry Quinn ruined their front office w/ his interference, how does Lowe really rate in Edmonton? seems to me you should be fired for botching the offer sheet, not promoted, imho........

CHRDANHUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 12:35 AM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
You are wrong Columbus could waive Brule A 100 times when he was with them he was a Elc and Immuned from being picked up by any team

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 06:23 AM
Fourier

Quote:
Originally Posted by newoilburnsclean View Post
You are wrong Columbus could waive Brule A 100 times when he was with them he was a Elc and Immuned from being picked up by any team
Right idea, wrong interpretation. Waivers and being sent to the minors is not the same thing. At no point during the time he was with Columbus could they have put him on waivers.

Old
01-31-2011, 06:37 AM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
Right idea, wrong interpretation. Waivers and being sent to the minors is not the same thing. At no point during the time he was with Columbus could they have put him on waivers.
I know how it works he is simply assigned to the minors no waiver necessary i was just using being waived as a point of reference

Old
01-31-2011, 08:04 AM
Fourier

Quote:
Originally Posted by newoilburnsclean View Post
I know how it works he is simply assigned to the minors no waiver necessary i was just using being waived as a point of reference
Sure. I knew what you meant.

Even then Brule spent all of 16 games in the AHL as a Blue Jacket. It's not like the guy is a career minor leaguer. In fact, he played very well last year for the Oilers. I think Quinn liked Brule a lot. For some reason though, Renney does not seem to be a fan.

Old
01-31-2011, 09:48 AM
OcAirlines

So now we counter crappy proposals from Edmonton with crappy proposals from Buffalo ?

I don't think Brule or Cogliano would really help us, so i wouldn't give up more than a late pick. On the other hand, we aren't getting Edmontons 1st or any of their young guns, so i don't really see how those teams would ge good trading partners.

OcAirlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 11:35 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
Can't see either team making the deal.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 11:57 AM
MPStoEberletoHall

Quote:
Pysyk, Sabres 1st
for
Brule, Edmonton 1st

MPStoEberletoHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 12:32 PM
OilCanada92

Buffalo get's screwed in this deal Ennis is a future 2nd center and Pysyk is like 2-3 line pairing d man. Oilers wouldn't want Vanek for his money(even though Oilers offered it to him). And, no one wants Souray... No one.

OilCanada92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 01:12 PM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
Sure. I knew what you meant.

Even then Brule spent all of 16 games in the AHL as a Blue Jacket. It's not like the guy is a career minor leaguer. In fact, he played very well last year for the Oilers. I think Quinn liked Brule a lot. For some reason though, Renney does not seem to be a fan.
I think Brule still has potential to be a good player, but I have noticed that these players seem to do alot better with Penner which to me shows that Penner is more valuable then alot of us seem to think, Hemsky's ppg has been his highest with him as well when he is playing with him

Old
01-31-2011, 03:43 PM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefifagod View Post
HAHA do you really think people in Buffalo don't know who Hemsky and Gagner are? Probably because the original offer is so bad that it's not even worth discussing the players involved. Hemsky misses plenty of games from injury and has a career high of 23 goals, while Vanek's average over the last 4 years is 37 goals. He also has a career high in points higher than Hemsky's. The Sabres need a playmaking center, not a playmaking winger. Vanek is a superior player than him, end of discussion. Then you want one of our top 2 forward prospects and our first round pick in the last draft for Gagner, who hasn't cracked 50 points yet in 3 years (though he could this year) and hasn't shown he's a top 6 player over his 3.5 years in the league, and a defensemen in a position that we have a logjam in. This trade just doesn't do anything for the Sabres. We get a worse winger, a struggling center, another defensemen, a good prospect and a first round pick in 2012, not 2011, for our best scorer, and top prospects.
Whatever, goals are nice but Hemsky is more of a point per game player, main reason was to help the Sabres out financially but then I see connolly getting moved if they can move him if thats a problem, you mentioned you needed a playmaking center, Gagner is better than Ennis, Pysyk could be a rip off for Oilers 2012 1st rounder, I don't see him doing all that much damage in Buffalo, he would probably thrive in Edmonton because its his hometown but he's really no big deal. I threw in Hartikainen and that 1st rounder because Buffalo would only benefit as they're prospect depth is weak minus Kassian and Adam. I'm not sure who is better out of Smid or Morrisonn, so that could be debatable bud. What would it take to aquire Derek Roy then?

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote