HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Columbus Thread III (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-30-2011, 01:41 PM
  #101
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan
 
mt-svk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
Off season. The Reds are traveling now, approximately 2 weeks prior to training camp opening. The CBJ could send out 3 buses and send one bus down I75, another NE and another to the South. Spend a week on the road and try to increase their fanbase.
It is a good idea. But IMo the club could try to play in another towns 1-2 games. Probably not in Cleveland but maybe in Cincinnati or Dayton? If not normal so maybe pre-season games.

mt-svk is offline  
Old
01-30-2011, 01:51 PM
  #102
Derby
Pilsners in Prague
 
Derby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 1,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
It is a good idea. But IMo the club could try to play in another towns 1-2 games. Probably not in Cleveland but maybe in Cincinnati or Dayton? If not normal so maybe pre-season games.

Why not Cleveland? Great sports town, really really loyal to the teams they love. Cleveland is a great town full of diehard sports fans. The loyalty and fanaticism Clevelanders show their Browns is the closest thing I've seen to OSU fan-phenomenon. And considering the Brown's record, it is truly remarkable. (cue cynics pointing out the similarities to CBJ...)

Though I don't agree with this "take it on the road" plan, if it did happen I'd START in Cleveland.

Derby is offline  
Old
01-30-2011, 02:00 PM
  #103
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan
 
mt-svk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
Why not Cleveland? Great sports town, really really loyal to the teams they love. Cleveland is a great town full of diehard sports fans. The loyalty and fanaticism Clevelanders show their Browns is the closest thing I've seen to OSU fan-phenomenon. And considering the Brown's record, it is truly remarkable. (cue cynics pointing out the similarities to CBJ...)

Though I don't agree with this "take it on the road" plan, if it did happen I'd START in Cleveland.
Because there is Lake Erie Monsters. It is the only reason.

mt-svk is offline  
Old
01-30-2011, 02:50 PM
  #104
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby
 
Samkow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 13,622
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Road trip? You really think the hillbillies of Wampokaneta/Lima/Other country ass towns in Ohio are really going to embrace hockey? Is the bus going to be handing out free Crystal Meth?

Yeah, this team has done a poor job of marketing throughout Ohio but the rest of the state isn't some bountiful hockey market that's just eager to cheer on the Blue Jackets as some on here seem to think.

__________________
Truth should never get in the way of a good persecution complex.
Samkow is offline  
Old
01-30-2011, 02:52 PM
  #105
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
Because there is Lake Erie Monsters. It is the only reason.
That's what i thought you were getting at, mt-svk, but I agree with Derby that Cleveland should be included in any promotional tours.

pete goegan is online now  
Old
01-30-2011, 03:45 PM
  #106
IBleedUnionBlue
Registered User
 
IBleedUnionBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,123
vCash: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Road trip? You really think the hillbillies of Wampokaneta/Lima/Other country ass towns in Ohio are really going to embrace hockey? Is the bus going to be handing out free Crystal Meth?

Yeah, this team has done a poor job of marketing throughout Ohio but the rest of the state isn't some bountiful hockey market that's just eager to cheer on the Blue Jackets as some on here seem to think.
Then why put a franchise in Columbus if the state (outside the 270 beltway) isnt a bountiful hockey market? Anyhow, I know of 3 families outside of myself who has or had season tickets and did the 2 hour ride across SR33. Also, Celina Ohio is proud to be the home of Cody Reichard whom led the Red Hawks to 2 final frozen four games. I also know that Coldwater Machine is own by the McConnell family and routinely gives away tickets. Agreed, the team has done a poor job marketing themselves over here. They get no press coverage at all.

IBleedUnionBlue is offline  
Old
01-30-2011, 06:52 PM
  #107
Derby
Pilsners in Prague
 
Derby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 1,391
vCash: 500
Lots of us live outside 270, even STH! Just sayin'

Derby is offline  
Old
01-30-2011, 07:07 PM
  #108
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman
 
1857 Howitzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 5,061
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
Lots of us live outside 270, even STH! Just sayin'
I would bet more then half of STH are from outside 270.

This team needs to win over the span of 3 or 4 years and do something in the playoff before the rest of the state will take notice.

1857 Howitzer is offline  
Old
01-31-2011, 06:00 AM
  #109
RedK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Road trip? You really think the hillbillies of Wampokaneta/Lima/Other country ass towns in Ohio are really going to embrace hockey? Is the bus going to be handing out free Crystal Meth?
Athens and Newark have extremely active hockey programs. So does Akron and Bowling Green. They have had for years. Not to mention Cleveland, which has hockey programs almost as big as C-bus.


Last edited by Double-Shift Lassť: 01-31-2011 at 08:11 AM.
RedK is offline  
Old
01-31-2011, 06:15 AM
  #110
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby
 
Samkow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 13,622
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
Then why put a franchise in Columbus if the state (outside the 270 beltway) isnt a bountiful hockey market? Anyhow, I know of 3 families outside of myself who has or had season tickets and did the 2 hour ride across SR33. Also, Celina Ohio is proud to be the home of Cody Reichard whom led the Red Hawks to 2 final frozen four games. I also know that Coldwater Machine is own by the McConnell family and routinely gives away tickets. Agreed, the team has done a poor job marketing themselves over here. They get no press coverage at all.
There are certainly exceptions but I really doubt that there's enough of a potential market to warrant a caravan of some sorts.

As the rise and fall of the Cavs has shown, winning is the ultimate marketing resource. If the Jackets start winning, people around Ohio will take notice. Till that day comes though, the Jackets aren't going to get any significant press in Ohio, no matter how much effort they put into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedK View Post
Athens and Newark have extremely active hockey programs. So does Akron and Bowling Green. They have had for years. Not to mention Cleveland, which has hockey programs almost as big as C-bus.
I don't see Cleveland ever becoming a "Jackets town" barring some sort of Pittsburgh/Washington esque transformation.

Samkow is offline  
Old
01-31-2011, 02:01 PM
  #111
Jackets Woodchuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
There are certainly exceptions but I really doubt that there's enough of a potential market to warrant a caravan of some sorts.

As the rise and fall of the Cavs has shown, winning is the ultimate marketing resource. If the Jackets start winning, people around Ohio will take notice. Till that day comes though, the Jackets aren't going to get any significant press in Ohio, no matter how much effort they put into it.



I don't see Cleveland ever becoming a "Jackets town" barring some sort of Pittsburgh/Washington esque transformation.
I will never understand this town's (Cleveland) infatuation with the Penguins and Red Wings. Yes, they're winning, but I could never look myself in the mirror if I followed one of those teams. There's no way I follow a team from the hometown of the Steelers or the Wolverines. The hometown of the Buckeyes and the Crew on the other hand, I'm completely OK with. Seriously, if Cleveland isn't in a sport, the first place I look for a team to follow is C-Bus.

By the way, I was a veeeeeerrrry casual Sabres fan before the Jackets were founded, but mostly followed the NHL in general.

On a related (and similarly disturbing note), the Plain Dealer recently suggested that Cleveland and Pittsburgh become a single metro area ("Cleveburgh" - I'm not making this up). Please tell me that the Dispatch isn't writing anything this inane re: "Columbianapolis" (Columbus/Indianapolis).

Jackets Woodchuck is offline  
Old
01-31-2011, 02:16 PM
  #112
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackets Woodchuck View Post
On a related (and similarly disturbing note), the Plain Dealer recently suggested that Cleveland and Pittsburgh become a single metro area ("Cleveburgh" - I'm not making this up). Please tell me that the Dispatch isn't writing anything this inane re: "Columbianapolis" (Columbus/Indianapolis).
I can promise that towns in between, like Steubenville, Youngstown, and East Liverpool, would put up armed resistance to such an attempt to infringe on their independence or identity!

pete goegan is online now  
Old
02-02-2011, 05:10 PM
  #113
tkeats
Registered User
 
tkeats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 436
vCash: 500
I was wondering if anybody on here had tried using NHL onlines Gamecenter Live program? I'm going to be moving out of Ohio and would like a way to watch the games but in an effort to save a little money I'm not going to be getting any type of cable, so I was wondering what choices I had to watch the games - rather than rely on sites that may or may not get seized by big brother I figured I could pay but didn't know if there was an online version of Center Ice or if Gamecenter on NHL was my best shot?

tkeats is offline  
Old
02-02-2011, 09:49 PM
  #114
St1ngr
Registered User
 
St1ngr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Albany, OH
Posts: 197
vCash: 500
4 Glass Seats available in attack-twice zone, section 105
This Saturday vs. Edmonton.

Can't use 'em - MUST BE SOLD!!!

Face value $200 each.
Currently listed on StubHub for $69 each!!!!

Available for immediate download/printout

St1ngr is offline  
Old
02-02-2011, 09:52 PM
  #115
St1ngr
Registered User
 
St1ngr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Albany, OH
Posts: 197
vCash: 500
Sorry for the false alarm - Tickets sold already. Thanks!

St1ngr is offline  
Old
02-03-2011, 10:35 PM
  #116
Steelhead16
Registered User
 
Steelhead16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Boise, ID
Country: United States
Posts: 1,552
vCash: 500
Student ticket question?????

Hello All,

My daughter is a student at Denison and she is wanting to go the Sharks game on the 9th. I see that there is student ticket pricing but are the seats limited to the end sections in the upper level or all available seats? Also using the online link on the Jackets website seems to go around in circles. Has anyone here used it that could fill me in on what part of this I seem to be too stupid to figure out? Or is calling the box office a better option for her?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Steelhead16 is offline  
Old
02-03-2011, 10:38 PM
  #117
Doug19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: Aland Islands
Posts: 6,143
vCash: 50
Upper bowl tickets are 15 and lower bowl tickets are 25. The seat selection seems to be random, and the seats especially the upper bowl ones tend to be on the sides, at least when I've done it, and I consider that area to be the best in Nationwide. They go on sale an hour before the puck drops, you cannot purchase online, and any college ID will get her 2 tickets per person. The box office area is on the back side of the arena, I think it would be the west side of the arena and the college ticket area is the farthest left doors when looking at the box office area where she will stand in line. Ticket availability depends on the game, but at this point in the season I'm sure the ticket availability will be high for any and all games.

Doug19 is offline  
Old
02-03-2011, 10:48 PM
  #118
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."
 
CBJSprague24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 52mi from the Nat
Country: United States
Posts: 6,818
vCash: 500
Rush CBJ tickets are available online game days starting at Noon. Enter the password "RUSH".

I've been able to buy three tickets at once & pick my own seats, though I'm yet to get them along the sides via the website. (Online Rush seats seem to be in 201, 205-210).

When I bought Rush tickets in person, though, I've picked up seats in 217/203 more than once, so maybe they don't release those until 6.

CBJSprague24 is offline  
Old
02-04-2011, 12:20 AM
  #119
Doug19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: Aland Islands
Posts: 6,143
vCash: 50
Rush is available now online? Sweet deal, I never knew that.

Doug19 is offline  
Old
02-04-2011, 08:56 AM
  #120
fox2usp
Inbred Cat
 
fox2usp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pumpkinville, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 798
vCash: 500
Anybody going to the game Wednesday with the Arch City Army? Today is the last day to buy tickets. I thought I might check it out.

__________________
"I don't think I'll live long enough to forgive Howson for knocking off my rose colored glasses. He's a horrible, wretched, little stinker of a man. I just hope he wakes up in the morning and can't poop." -CBJCougar (on the Klesla trade), March 23, 2011
fox2usp is offline  
Old
02-04-2011, 10:01 AM
  #121
Bobcat110
Registered User
 
Bobcat110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Central Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 3,219
vCash: 500
Sold


Last edited by Bobcat110: 02-10-2011 at 02:20 PM.
Bobcat110 is offline  
Old
02-04-2011, 10:25 AM
  #122
Steelhead16
Registered User
 
Steelhead16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Boise, ID
Country: United States
Posts: 1,552
vCash: 500
CBJSprague24 and Doug61.....Thanks for the info. I passed it along to my daughter this morning. She passes on her thanks as well. Her friends were reluctant to go for $28 but for $15 they are all in and hopefully you will have 5 new Jackets fans.

Also for anyone. I will be back visiting her on the 22nd and 23rd and am planning on going to the Preds game. If anyone has tix they want to unload for that game let me know.

Thanks again.

Steelhead16 is offline  
Old
02-04-2011, 11:27 AM
  #123
plong123
Litebrite Stinger
 
plong123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Stretchrunston
Country: United States
Posts: 1,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
I would bet more then half of STH are from outside 270.
That's probably a fact. Season tickets are expensive, and most of the big-money parts of Central Ohio are outside of 270. Hilliard, Dublin, Powell, Lewis Center, Westerville, New Albany, Blacklick, etc etc etc.

You don't see many STHers (or hockey fans) in Linden or Whitehall.

Just sayin'.

plong123 is offline  
Old
02-04-2011, 12:21 PM
  #124
joshjoshjosh
ಠ_ಠ
 
joshjoshjosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Guam
Country: Eritrea
Posts: 2,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by plong123 View Post
That's probably a fact. Season tickets are expensive, and most of the big-money parts of Central Ohio are outside of 270. Hilliard, Dublin, Powell, Lewis Center, Westerville, New Albany, Blacklick, etc etc etc.

You don't see many STHers (or hockey fans) in Linden or Whitehall.

Just sayin'.
When its a 90 second drive to get to 270 it doesn't really matter whether or not you live INSIDE or OUTSIDE

joshjoshjosh is offline  
Old
02-04-2011, 03:24 PM
  #125
Derby
Pilsners in Prague
 
Derby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 1,391
vCash: 500
CBJ vs Pens game tickets for sale

2 seats in Consol Energy Center for the Columbus Blue Jackets and Pittsburgh Penguins Tuesday, February 8. I am asking $100 per seat. Location is AWESOME. Corner of lower bowl, where the Jackets shoot twice. Aisle seats. Section 120. Tickets are in hand. You will be sitting in that section with the Blue Jackets booster club: the Jacket Backers. I cannot go due to work.

Maybe if you wear a CBJ sweater they will let you ride the Zamboni?

Face value is $135 per seat. With Ticketmaster charges, these are $145.90 per seat! This game is nearly sold out. Very few lower bowl pairs are still available. Check ticketmaster site to see what I mean!

Can meet at Nationwide during this Saturday's game for the exchange, or in Polaris area this weekend.

PM me if you are interested. Shooting an email works, too.

Derby is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.