HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Columbus Thread III (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2011, 01:41 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
Off season. The Reds are traveling now, approximately 2 weeks prior to training camp opening. The CBJ could send out 3 buses and send one bus down I75, another NE and another to the South. Spend a week on the road and try to increase their fanbase.
It is a good idea. But IMo the club could try to play in another towns 1-2 games. Probably not in Cleveland but maybe in Cincinnati or Dayton? If not normal so maybe pre-season games.

Old
01-30-2011, 01:51 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
It is a good idea. But IMo the club could try to play in another towns 1-2 games. Probably not in Cleveland but maybe in Cincinnati or Dayton? If not normal so maybe pre-season games.

Why not Cleveland? Great sports town, really really loyal to the teams they love. Cleveland is a great town full of diehard sports fans. The loyalty and fanaticism Clevelanders show their Browns is the closest thing I've seen to OSU fan-phenomenon. And considering the Brown's record, it is truly remarkable. (cue cynics pointing out the similarities to CBJ...)

Though I don't agree with this "take it on the road" plan, if it did happen I'd START in Cleveland.

Old
01-30-2011, 02:00 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
Why not Cleveland? Great sports town, really really loyal to the teams they love. Cleveland is a great town full of diehard sports fans. The loyalty and fanaticism Clevelanders show their Browns is the closest thing I've seen to OSU fan-phenomenon. And considering the Brown's record, it is truly remarkable. (cue cynics pointing out the similarities to CBJ...)

Though I don't agree with this "take it on the road" plan, if it did happen I'd START in Cleveland.
Because there is Lake Erie Monsters. It is the only reason.

Old
01-30-2011, 02:50 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Road trip? You really think the hillbillies of Wampokaneta/Lima/Other country ass towns in Ohio are really going to embrace hockey? Is the bus going to be handing out free Crystal Meth?

Yeah, this team has done a poor job of marketing throughout Ohio but the rest of the state isn't some bountiful hockey market that's just eager to cheer on the Blue Jackets as some on here seem to think.

01-30-2011, 02:52 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
Because there is Lake Erie Monsters. It is the only reason.
That's what i thought you were getting at, mt-svk, but I agree with Derby that Cleveland should be included in any promotional tours.

Old
01-30-2011, 03:45 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

vCash: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Road trip? You really think the hillbillies of Wampokaneta/Lima/Other country ass towns in Ohio are really going to embrace hockey? Is the bus going to be handing out free Crystal Meth?

Yeah, this team has done a poor job of marketing throughout Ohio but the rest of the state isn't some bountiful hockey market that's just eager to cheer on the Blue Jackets as some on here seem to think.
Then why put a franchise in Columbus if the state (outside the 270 beltway) isnt a bountiful hockey market? Anyhow, I know of 3 families outside of myself who has or had season tickets and did the 2 hour ride across SR33. Also, Celina Ohio is proud to be the home of Cody Reichard whom led the Red Hawks to 2 final frozen four games. I also know that Coldwater Machine is own by the McConnell family and routinely gives away tickets. Agreed, the team has done a poor job marketing themselves over here. They get no press coverage at all.

Old
01-30-2011, 06:52 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Lots of us live outside 270, even STH! Just sayin'

Old
01-30-2011, 07:07 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
Lots of us live outside 270, even STH! Just sayin'
I would bet more then half of STH are from outside 270.

This team needs to win over the span of 3 or 4 years and do something in the playoff before the rest of the state will take notice.

Old
01-31-2011, 06:00 AM
RedK

Quote:
Athens and Newark have extremely active hockey programs. So does Akron and Bowling Green. They have had for years. Not to mention Cleveland, which has hockey programs almost as big as C-bus.

Last edited by Double-Shift Lassť: 01-31-2011 at 08:11 AM.
Old
01-31-2011, 06:15 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
Then why put a franchise in Columbus if the state (outside the 270 beltway) isnt a bountiful hockey market? Anyhow, I know of 3 families outside of myself who has or had season tickets and did the 2 hour ride across SR33. Also, Celina Ohio is proud to be the home of Cody Reichard whom led the Red Hawks to 2 final frozen four games. I also know that Coldwater Machine is own by the McConnell family and routinely gives away tickets. Agreed, the team has done a poor job marketing themselves over here. They get no press coverage at all.
There are certainly exceptions but I really doubt that there's enough of a potential market to warrant a caravan of some sorts.

As the rise and fall of the Cavs has shown, winning is the ultimate marketing resource. If the Jackets start winning, people around Ohio will take notice. Till that day comes though, the Jackets aren't going to get any significant press in Ohio, no matter how much effort they put into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedK View Post
Athens and Newark have extremely active hockey programs. So does Akron and Bowling Green. They have had for years. Not to mention Cleveland, which has hockey programs almost as big as C-bus.
I don't see Cleveland ever becoming a "Jackets town" barring some sort of Pittsburgh/Washington esque transformation.

Old
01-31-2011, 02:01 PM
Jackets Woodchuck

Quote:
There are certainly exceptions but I really doubt that there's enough of a potential market to warrant a caravan of some sorts.

As the rise and fall of the Cavs has shown, winning is the ultimate marketing resource. If the Jackets start winning, people around Ohio will take notice. Till that day comes though, the Jackets aren't going to get any significant press in Ohio, no matter how much effort they put into it.

I don't see Cleveland ever becoming a "Jackets town" barring some sort of Pittsburgh/Washington esque transformation.
I will never understand this town's (Cleveland) infatuation with the Penguins and Red Wings. Yes, they're winning, but I could never look myself in the mirror if I followed one of those teams. There's no way I follow a team from the hometown of the Steelers or the Wolverines. The hometown of the Buckeyes and the Crew on the other hand, I'm completely OK with. Seriously, if Cleveland isn't in a sport, the first place I look for a team to follow is C-Bus.

By the way, I was a veeeeeerrrry casual Sabres fan before the Jackets were founded, but mostly followed the NHL in general.

On a related (and similarly disturbing note), the Plain Dealer recently suggested that Cleveland and Pittsburgh become a single metro area ("Cleveburgh" - I'm not making this up). Please tell me that the Dispatch isn't writing anything this inane re: "Columbianapolis" (Columbus/Indianapolis).

Old
01-31-2011, 02:16 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackets Woodchuck View Post
On a related (and similarly disturbing note), the Plain Dealer recently suggested that Cleveland and Pittsburgh become a single metro area ("Cleveburgh" - I'm not making this up). Please tell me that the Dispatch isn't writing anything this inane re: "Columbianapolis" (Columbus/Indianapolis).
I can promise that towns in between, like Steubenville, Youngstown, and East Liverpool, would put up armed resistance to such an attempt to infringe on their independence or identity!

Old
02-02-2011, 05:10 PM
tkeats

I was wondering if anybody on here had tried using NHL onlines Gamecenter Live program? I'm going to be moving out of Ohio and would like a way to watch the games but in an effort to save a little money I'm not going to be getting any type of cable, so I was wondering what choices I had to watch the games - rather than rely on sites that may or may not get seized by big brother I figured I could pay but didn't know if there was an online version of Center Ice or if Gamecenter on NHL was my best shot?

Old
02-02-2011, 09:49 PM
St1ngr

4 Glass Seats available in attack-twice zone, section 105
This Saturday vs. Edmonton.

Can't use 'em - MUST BE SOLD!!!

Face value $200 each.
Currently listed on StubHub for $69 each!!!!

Available for immediate download/printout

Old
02-02-2011, 09:52 PM
St1ngr

Sorry for the false alarm - Tickets sold already. Thanks!

Old
02-03-2011, 10:35 PM
Steelhead16

Student ticket question?????

Hello All,

My daughter is a student at Denison and she is wanting to go the Sharks game on the 9th. I see that there is student ticket pricing but are the seats limited to the end sections in the upper level or all available seats? Also using the online link on the Jackets website seems to go around in circles. Has anyone here used it that could fill me in on what part of this I seem to be too stupid to figure out? Or is calling the box office a better option for her?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Old
02-03-2011, 10:38 PM
Doug19

vCash: 50
Upper bowl tickets are 15 and lower bowl tickets are 25. The seat selection seems to be random, and the seats especially the upper bowl ones tend to be on the sides, at least when I've done it, and I consider that area to be the best in Nationwide. They go on sale an hour before the puck drops, you cannot purchase online, and any college ID will get her 2 tickets per person. The box office area is on the back side of the arena, I think it would be the west side of the arena and the college ticket area is the farthest left doors when looking at the box office area where she will stand in line. Ticket availability depends on the game, but at this point in the season I'm sure the ticket availability will be high for any and all games.

Old
02-03-2011, 10:48 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Rush CBJ tickets are available online game days starting at Noon. Enter the password "RUSH".

I've been able to buy three tickets at once & pick my own seats, though I'm yet to get them along the sides via the website. (Online Rush seats seem to be in 201, 205-210).

When I bought Rush tickets in person, though, I've picked up seats in 217/203 more than once, so maybe they don't release those until 6.

Old
02-04-2011, 12:20 AM
Doug19

vCash: 50
Rush is available now online? Sweet deal, I never knew that.

Old
02-04-2011, 08:56 AM
fox2usp
Inbred Cat

Anybody going to the game Wednesday with the Arch City Army? Today is the last day to buy tickets. I thought I might check it out.

"I don't think I'll live long enough to forgive Howson for knocking off my rose colored glasses. He's a horrible, wretched, little stinker of a man. I just hope he wakes up in the morning and can't poop." -CBJCougar (on the Klesla trade), March 23, 2011
Old
02-04-2011, 10:01 AM
Bobcat110

Sold

Last edited by Bobcat110: 02-10-2011 at 02:20 PM.
Old
02-04-2011, 10:25 AM
Steelhead16

CBJSprague24 and Doug61.....Thanks for the info. I passed it along to my daughter this morning. She passes on her thanks as well. Her friends were reluctant to go for $28 but for $15 they are all in and hopefully you will have 5 new Jackets fans.

Also for anyone. I will be back visiting her on the 22nd and 23rd and am planning on going to the Preds game. If anyone has tix they want to unload for that game let me know.

Thanks again.

Old
02-04-2011, 11:27 AM
plong123
Litebrite Stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
I would bet more then half of STH are from outside 270.
That's probably a fact. Season tickets are expensive, and most of the big-money parts of Central Ohio are outside of 270. Hilliard, Dublin, Powell, Lewis Center, Westerville, New Albany, Blacklick, etc etc etc.

You don't see many STHers (or hockey fans) in Linden or Whitehall.

Just sayin'.

Old
02-04-2011, 12:21 PM
joshjoshjosh
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by plong123 View Post
That's probably a fact. Season tickets are expensive, and most of the big-money parts of Central Ohio are outside of 270. Hilliard, Dublin, Powell, Lewis Center, Westerville, New Albany, Blacklick, etc etc etc.

You don't see many STHers (or hockey fans) in Linden or Whitehall.

Just sayin'.
When its a 90 second drive to get to 270 it doesn't really matter whether or not you live INSIDE or OUTSIDE

Old
02-04-2011, 03:24 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

CBJ vs Pens game tickets for sale

2 seats in Consol Energy Center for the Columbus Blue Jackets and Pittsburgh Penguins Tuesday, February 8. I am asking $100 per seat. Location is AWESOME. Corner of lower bowl, where the Jackets shoot twice. Aisle seats. Section 120. Tickets are in hand. You will be sitting in that section with the Blue Jackets booster club: the Jacket Backers. I cannot go due to work.

Maybe if you wear a CBJ sweater they will let you ride the Zamboni?

Face value is $135 per seat. With Ticketmaster charges, these are $145.90 per seat! This game is nearly sold out. Very few lower bowl pairs are still available. Check ticketmaster site to see what I mean!

Can meet at Nationwide during this Saturday's game for the exchange, or in Polaris area this weekend.

PM me if you are interested. Shooting an email works, too.

Closed Thread