HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TH Season 8.99: Playoffs? Ya kiddin' me, playoffs?

Old
01-31-2011, 09:04 AM
L-train*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to L-train*
TH Season 8.99: Playoffs? Ya kiddin' me, playoffs?

I just hope we can win another game!

Trophy Hockey

Trophy Hockey is a hockey management simulation that puts you in total control of a team. You get to set lines, rosters, tactics, the farm team, scout and sign draft picks and free agents, as well as release players. Compete against other coaches and fight your way to the top divisions in each country, and someday in the not-so-distant future, build up your reputation to earn a spot in the pro-leagues.

Heading into the playoffs real soon, only 4 games left in the season. That means about 3 weeks before Season 9 will kick off.

HF Posters on Trophy Hockey -
USA
1.1 Orlando Blitz (The Zherdev)
1.1 Philadelphia Wings (Dash22)
1.1 Boston Blue Barracudas (IrishSniper87)
1.1 Provo Genesis (Sa Cryed)
1.1 Rhode Island Resistance (CantSeeColors)
1.1 Atlantic City Illuminati (huntercp)

2.1 Dayton Cats (Sh0otnSc0re)
2.1 Seattle Hobgoblins (DrHamburg)
2.1 Columbia Blue Accolade (dbr2)
2.1 Philadelphia Evil Bonebreakers (ToTheNet)
2.2 Allentown Armor (KevinLin)
2.2 Sioux City Aces (XS Chop)
2.3 St. Louis Germs (JayDepps)
2.3 Cleveland Northern Chaos (ForsbergIsOdin)

3.1 Oakland Green Devils (L-Train)
3.1 Birmingham Purple Grays (WhiskeyBoarder)
3.1 Philadelphia Flyers (Valhoun)
3.2 Little Rock Baby Trojans (Agrudez)
3.2 Baltimore Clippers (JLHockeyKnight)
3.3 Athens Western Allstars (xChrisx159)
3.4 Rochester Super Beef (Spav1789)
3.5 Minneapolis Vortex (whatthef)
3.9 Las Vegas Aces (Wildcard)
3.9 Buffalo Scarlet Flyers (OriginJM)

4.1 Chicago Peace (ilovetheflyers8)
4.2 Port Saint Lucie Coyotes (weber72)
4.2 Atlantic City Aces (HishonHishoff)
4.2 Adirondack Phantoms (CannonGoBoom)
4.2 Louisville Highland Hearts (Ziotree)
4.4 Troy Americans (Villedelphia)
4.19 Victorville Prophets (phillyflu)

Canaduh
5.1 Windsor Hornets (tacoburrito)
5.6 Lorraine Aggies (Flyers93)
5.6 Brandon Bulldogs (SkyKushryd)

Japan
2.3 Tōkyō Green Triangles (Nivlaps)
2.3 Kyōto Flames (Magritte)

Germany
2.2 Hannover Angels (Rizer)

If you're not on this list, just post and I will update it.

L-train* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 09:36 AM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
TH playoffs make me nervous. I have a young team with low routine so I'm hoping that doesn't come back to haunt me. My top scorer is a rookie with a 16 routine. My 3rd best forward and starting goalie both have an 11 routine.

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 09:58 AM
L-train*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
TH playoffs make me nervous. I have a young team with low routine so I'm hoping that doesn't come back to haunt me. My top scorer is a rookie with a 16 routine. My 3rd best forward and starting goalie both have an 11 routine.
That's pretty low... only time I had such low routine was back in S5 when I got swept in the semi-finals. The lowest routine amongst my top six scorers this year is 29.26, and that's Bolden. Hoping he still has a solid playoff run, as he's been really up and down in his career in the playoffs.

Going down the list, it looks like I only have one starter under 20 routine, and two others under 25. 15 starters over 30 routine, wow.

Old
01-31-2011, 10:19 AM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

My best defensemen got injured today for 4 days, luckily he has 61 fitness so he can go right back into the lineup without more training.

Won 3-0, **** yeah.

Also, WILDCARD, IF YOU READ THIS, I HATE YOU FOR BREAKING MY 37 GAME WINNING STREAK.

But it's cool, brother love, ya dig?

OriginJM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 10:27 AM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
WOn today. Gonna roll with these tactics for a game or so, see if they keep winning. Also, I have a 1a 1b goalie situation now.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 10:37 AM
BringBackZherdev*

Lol Origin at least you still haven't lost in regulation yet and here's to hoping we both reach the finals. Your team is clearly the class of the league and you deserve to promote.

BringBackZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 11:10 AM
ilovetheflyers8

I won 2-1 today against the top team in my conference. My goalie won it for me though, the shots for the teams were 8-21. It's weird how good that team is doing, their record is 34-5-2, but check out their goalies. I guess their defense is just really good.

http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=315947
http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=479224

ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 11:14 AM
L-train*

I dunno about the other 4.x leagues, but a 74 defense rating in 4.2 would have been pretty good. He'll get eaten alive in a competitive 3.x (Are there any? lol) or 2.x leagues, though.

Old
01-31-2011, 11:30 AM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-train View Post
I dunno about the other 4.x leagues, but a 74 defense rating in 4.2 would have been pretty good. He'll get eaten alive in a competitive 3.x (Are there any? lol) or 2.x leagues, though.
A 74 defense in 4.2 is no longer anything special now since FA. 11 teams now have a 74 or higher defense with my team leading the pack at 78 EPA.

Either way, a team thats 34-5-2 would not get eaten alive in 3.x. They might not dominate like now but we both know that aside from the top end teams the middle of the pack and bad teams arent much different from 4.x. Pretty much every team I have ever seen that has promoted from 4.x has at the very least been a playoff team in 3.x. I promoted from 4.x and then won 3.x with a similar record and almost identical team from 4.x. 2.x is where you really see the difference because you get those top end 3.x teams which are good along with the stable 2.x teams and then teams from 1.1 that drop down are usually tough.

Old
01-31-2011, 11:36 AM
L-train*

Quote:
A 74 defense in 4.2 is no longer anything special now since FA. 11 teams now have a 74 or higher defense with my team leading the pack at 78 EPA.

Either way, a team thats 34-5-2 would not get eaten alive in 3.x. They might not dominate like now but we both know that aside from the top end teams the middle of the pack and bad teams arent much different from 4.x. Pretty much every team I have ever seen that has promoted from 4.x has at the very least been a playoff team in 3.x. I promoted from 4.x and then won 3.x with a similar record and almost identical team from 4.x. 2.x is where you really see the difference because you get those top end 3.x teams which are good along with the stable 2.x teams and then teams from 1.1 that drop down are usually tough.
That particular team seems to win most of their games by one or two goals... and note I said a competitive 3.x league... most of the 3.x leagues suck. Put that team in 4.2 and they're probably a fringe playoff team.

Also, wow, your D is as good as mine. I'm tied with Val as the overall strongest team in the league with an 81 rating.

Last edited by L-train*: 01-31-2011 at 11:46 AM.
Old
01-31-2011, 12:05 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

I won 2-1 against a decent team.

Glad Nik came out and explained the situation, even though we already know, so that he's sure everyone is aware. Communication is a good thing, and I won't complain about him keeping us up to date with the recent events in TH.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 12:52 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Quote:
That particular team seems to win most of their games by one or two goals... and note I said a competitive 3.x league... most of the 3.x leagues suck. Put that team in 4.2 and they're probably a fringe playoff team.

Also, wow, your D is as good as mine. I'm tied with Val as the overall strongest team in the league with an 81 rating.
Yeah, I've built a pretty strong team though they are young. I'm hoping to promote next season and face at least a couple of you guys in 3.1. I'm glad I'm in 4.2 which seems to be the class of 4.x, not only that but I'm clearly in the toughest division so I think I'm prepared for the jump to 3.1 especially given the increased budget which I'll need to keep most of my FA signings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
I won 2-1 against a decent team.

Glad Nik came out and explained the situation, even though we already know, so that he's sure everyone is aware. Communication is a good thing, and I won't complain about him keeping us up to date with the recent events in TH.
Exactly. If you notice there's been much less complaining lately since he's actually been communicating. The game is still very flawed but if he just keeps us informed it's hard to be too pissed.

Old
01-31-2011, 01:26 PM
L-train*

Quote:
Yeah, I've built a pretty strong team though they are young. I'm hoping to promote next season and face at least a couple of you guys in 3.1. I'm glad I'm in 4.2 which seems to be the class of 4.x, not only that but I'm clearly in the toughest division so I think I'm prepared for the jump to 3.1 especially given the increased budget which I'll need to keep most of my FA signings.

Exactly. If you notice there's been much less complaining lately since he's actually been communicating. The game is still very flawed but if he just keeps us informed it's hard to be too pissed.
Yeah, but your budget doesn't see a big jump until a full season after you've promoted... a critical flaw that cost me the Wesley, at a minimum, last season.

Also, I would love to commend Nik for making better efforts to communicate with the userbase on the forums, but I can't, so I'll just do it here. Good work, Nik.

Old
01-31-2011, 06:02 PM
Villedelphia*

Pretty worried about the salary hikes I'm going to see next season. I had a lot of great bargains in FA this season. I hope Nik keeps their raises minimal.

I'm sure there is going to have to be some cuts, and this jamoke is gonna be the first one to go. Good faceoff numbers and decent defensively, but 2.4 mil?? c'mon man.
http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=359687

Villedelphia* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 08:00 PM
L-train*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villedelphia View Post
Pretty worried about the salary hikes I'm going to see next season. I had a lot of great bargains in FA this season. I hope Nik keeps their raises minimal.
Fat chance, I think they're going to be falling in-line with the regular formula. I'll lose OPV, but that's no big deal... I'll probably try to get someone better in FA for cheaper because all of Niks formulas can't account for a small userbase and an overwhelming number and quality of FA's.

Such is the beauty of having a pretty much homegrown team. Minimal turnover.

Old
01-31-2011, 08:13 PM
Villedelphia*

I should be able to keep my D fully intact, but I might lose one guy. I might have to get cheaper on the 4th line, which shouldn't be too hard. I'm going to dump Pearl most likely and look for a good cheap 3rd line center.
I have to keep Anderson even though he's going to get at least a 3 million dollar raise. He may cost me Markstrom though. http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=359687

Not really sure what I'm going to yet because Markstrom is young, heck the reason for Andersons success is probably Markstroms playmaking abilities. also Riutta has tons of assists too. http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=743865

Old
01-31-2011, 08:17 PM
L-train*

It'll be interesting to see how many stars Anderson has after this season he's having, haha. Also, given his age and your odds of promoting (Very good), I'll think he won't cost you more than 3.25m next season.

Old
01-31-2011, 08:24 PM
Villedelphia*

I could live with that. I plugged him into that trade url thing you found a while back, and I think it came up like 4.5. I hope those aren't all that close to the real figures or else I'm pretty screwed.

My top line is bad ass, and I want to keep them together. Also have really good depth and role players. Not sure what I value more if I have to start sacrificing.

Going to be a very interesting off-season/pre-season

Old
01-31-2011, 08:53 PM
L-train*

Promoting will save you some good money on those higher-end players... if he came out at 4.5 for you, I'll say he'll be 3.85 after promoting, or 4.15 if you don't promote... I'd push to max both relations skills and negotiations as well if I were in your shoes, or it'll be impossible to keep that together. Throw $20 at the game, get your skills maxed.

Old
01-31-2011, 09:34 PM
whatthef
Failure is an Option

Another solid 8-2 win today. My team is still tops in most major stats. Next game is against the second best team in my league. If I win in regulation I clinch the top seed. If I lose I still almost defiantly will get the top seed.

whatthef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 10:49 PM
CantSeeColors

I've set a new personal high for losses in a season. I'm kind of longing for the easy leagues I've played in right now.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 10:56 PM
L-train*

I kinda wanna build my budget up a bit more before getting into 2.1, but then again... I dunno.

Old
01-31-2011, 10:58 PM
Villedelphia*

Quote:
Promoting will save you some good money on those higher-end players... if he came out at 4.5 for you, I'll say he'll be 3.85 after promoting, or 4.15 if you don't promote... I'd push to max both relations skills and negotiations as well if I were in your shoes, or it'll be impossible to keep that together. Throw $20 at the game, get your skills maxed.
just maxed my level ups for the season, put all 10 in negotiations last time, only 15 xp from another level up so I'll put more in one of those.

Really hope I promote, there's no reason I shouldn't unless I have the ********* luck, which wouldn't surprise me. 3.2 should be fun next season

Old
01-31-2011, 11:01 PM
Villedelphia*

Quote:
I kinda wanna build my budget up a bit more before getting into 2.1, but then again... I dunno.
I doubt you'd get relegated out of 2.1, so you might as well try to get there and build the budget while you're there.

Old
01-31-2011, 11:26 PM
L-train*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villedelphia View Post
I doubt you'd get relegated out of 2.1, so you might as well try to get there and build the budget while you're there.
Yeah, but the RP I'd give up by not winning as many player awards, if any, and not winning anywhere near as many games might make it a better play for me to throw the finals and stay in 3.1 for another season or two.