HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official OT Thread--Kings Lounge IX

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2011, 11:01 AM
Boba Fettuccine
Pastafarian

vCash: 69

Old
01-27-2011, 12:49 PM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

vCash: 50
Backonline finally. Had quite an extreme natural disaster here in Brisbane. Was a once in a lifetime event. Seeing firsthand huge Bulldozers cross flooded creeks to save whole families. Wow. And even better no casualties in my community. Unfortunatley not so Lucky for those only an hour away. R.I.P

Old
01-27-2011, 01:03 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Stay dry drugold and keep safe. I have wondered how you have been doing with all of the troubles down there and its good to see you back online. Sorry for the neighbors losses just see it doesn't happen to you and yours.

Keep safe and all the best.

Old
01-28-2011, 12:01 AM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

So I had my oral surgery today. I got a call this morning saying that the OS only does the procedure I needed with IV sedation instead of laughing gas which I initially was told could be used. The office luckily called me right before I was going to eat so I held off in order to get the work done today they also only charged me the laughing gas price as it was their mix up. Went in talked to the doctor then they brought me to the room. I remember them putting the IV into my arm an hooking me up to the machines. Then they gave me some oxygen, last thing I remember was a discussion between the dental assistants and I about a DJ and then next thing I know I was in the recovery room.(My mom told me that I was actually ok enough to walk to the revocery room, which I have no recolection of.)

Whole procedure took about 30 minutes, had 2 teeth pulled and an impacted canine surgically exposed. Pain hasn't been too bad and bleeding definitely isn't as bad as when I got 2 wisdom teeth pulled a few months ago.

One thing pissing me off is my allergies are acting up(sneezing), I'm hoping that won't affect the clots or the sockets healing.

Old
01-28-2011, 05:13 AM
kingsholygrail
You Face Jaraxxus!

I dread getting back to the dentist. Haven't had insurance in a while and I should be getting it soon through the job. Lots of work to be done and not the easy kind of work.

Sometimes just want to ask the doc if I can just have a new set of teeth and promise I'd take better care of them this time.

Old
01-28-2011, 10:33 AM
Boba Fettuccine
Pastafarian

Old
01-28-2011, 02:34 PM
kingsholygrail
You Face Jaraxxus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post

Old
01-29-2011, 06:14 PM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

vCash: 50
Thanks for your concern Mister Isghost. We are all safe on a nice little hill. Two cyclones are heading Queenslands way so probably in for more excitement!

Old
01-29-2011, 11:51 PM
Loso

Came to post on the LA forum because I figured this would be the best place for it. Did anyone see the dunk that Griffin just hit the rim on? It would've been absolutely BEAST.

Old
01-31-2011, 01:04 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

This sucks...for the second time this year I am going to have to cancel a trip to see the Kings play because of weather.

Was supposed to fly to Minneapolis on Tuesday morning, spend the day with some family in the Twin Cities, catch the Kings-Wild game that night and fly back to Chicago on Wednesday late afternoon.

Unfortunately Chicago is getting it's worst blizzard in a decade starting late Monday and running through Wednesday that's going to dump close to 20 inches of snow here.

Old
01-31-2011, 03:36 AM
Cruel11
Harley Quinn

Old
01-31-2011, 11:17 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
This sucks...for the second time this year I am going to have to cancel a trip to see the Kings play because of weather.

Was supposed to fly to Minneapolis on Tuesday morning, spend the day with some family in the Twin Cities, catch the Kings-Wild game that night and fly back to Chicago on Wednesday late afternoon.

Unfortunately Chicago is getting it's worst blizzard in a decade starting late Monday and running through Wednesday that's going to dump close to 20 inches of snow here.
I've been to Chicago 3 times, probably my favorite place to vacation during the summer. All the people we talk to tell us if there was a way to live there during the warm months and get out for the winter they would. Living next to a large body of water with high winds doesn't sound like much fun. I was there in June and we got stuck in a horrible rain and lightning storm. The next day it was sunny and warm.

Old
01-31-2011, 12:24 PM
Alternate Jersey

Old
01-31-2011, 01:15 PM
Alternate Jersey

if anyone cares, tampa bay is redoing their uniforms:

http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.h...id=nhl-rxl-twt

they're also doing a really cool thing for season ticket holders. each one gets their own special edition uniform, with a microchip embedded in the sleeve that identifies them at concession stands for their discount, etc.

http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=551151

Old
01-31-2011, 01:25 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Jersey View Post
if anyone cares, tampa bay is redoing their uniforms:

http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.h...id=nhl-rxl-twt

they're also doing a really cool thing for season ticket holders. each one gets their own special edition uniform, with a microchip embedded in the sleeve that identifies them at concession stands for their discount, etc.

http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=551151
Looks good, I like their current jerseys, no lightning bolt on the pants? Say it aint so.

Old
01-31-2011, 03:48 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
One thing pissing me off is my allergies are acting up(sneezing), I'm hoping that won't affect the clots or the sockets healing.
I got the stomach flu about 3 days after I had my wisdom teeth removed. What a great time that was!

I also had similar stuff done as you. I had a baby canine extracted but it was out of the skin and in a normal spot. It just needed to be removed because on of my adult teeth couldn't grow in. It literally took two seconds for him to pull it.

I was in high school (probaby 17 y/o) when I had the stuff done but after they removed the canine, they widened my mouth with this apperatus that I had to tighten with a key every night. It sucked. Imagine the opposite of a vice on the roof of your mouth and every night you turn the key to separate it further. I got a gap in my front teeth from them moving so quick. Then once there was a gap, the tightened the braces on one side so it slid all the teeth over leaving room for the tooth to fall down (or grow in). The braces suck. When they told me I was going to have to have my wisdom teeth pulled in order to keep my teeth straight, I told them to take them off. I was really scared to have oral surgery. Bad idea because I ended up having them removed like 3 years later after I kept getting pounding headaches. All 4 were impacted and not exposed from the skin. I had them all removed while I was knocked out.

Old
01-31-2011, 06:47 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
I dread getting back to the dentist. Haven't had insurance in a while and I should be getting it soon through the job. Lots of work to be done and not the easy kind of work.

Sometimes just want to ask the doc if I can just have a new set of teeth and promise I'd take better care of them this time.
There's a lot I'd give to have a full set of healthy teeth back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
I got the stomach flu about 3 days after I had my wisdom teeth removed. What a great time that was!

I also had similar stuff done as you. I had a baby canine extracted but it was out of the skin and in a normal spot. It just needed to be removed because on of my adult teeth couldn't grow in. It literally took two seconds for him to pull it.

I was in high school (probaby 17 y/o) when I had the stuff done but after they removed the canine, they widened my mouth with this apperatus that I had to tighten with a key every night. It sucked. Imagine the opposite of a vice on the roof of your mouth and every night you turn the key to separate it further. I got a gap in my front teeth from them moving so quick. Then once there was a gap, the tightened the braces on one side so it slid all the teeth over leaving room for the tooth to fall down (or grow in). The braces suck. When they told me I was going to have to have my wisdom teeth pulled in order to keep my teeth straight, I told them to take them off. I was really scared to have oral surgery. Bad idea because I ended up having them removed like 3 years later after I kept getting pounding headaches. All 4 were impacted and not exposed from the skin. I had them all removed while I was knocked out.
It never pays to delay dental work and it often comes at the cost of a higher pain level post surgery or, worse, during the procedures. God I hate the dentist, but he loves me!

Old
02-01-2011, 08:42 AM
kingsholygrail
You Face Jaraxxus!

Saw one of these the other day. So much win.

Old
02-01-2011, 11:40 AM
TonySCV
3 in 5 > 3 in 6

Lots of snow for the midwest and northeast again.

Old
02-01-2011, 12:32 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

IS THERE A DOCTOR IN THE HOUSE?

Seriously.

A little over a week ago I started coming down with a cold, no biggie and after a day and a half it seemed like it was getting better. Then late afternoon on day 3 my head exploded with flem as did my chest. I coughed myself broken, sneezed myself dizzy then came the fever and aches that felt zhidy.

All kidding aside, I have been running a 101+ fever for the last 4 days pretty much all the time and even when it does go down the couching make me want to take a knife my throat and cut the old lazy suzan. I think I could live long enough to squeeze out whatever the hellp is in the that is killing me.

No sleep.

All cough killers are made out of high fructose corn syrup which only makes you couch more and then they are nasal decongestants which means that your draining flem into your throat from your nose while your medicine is trying to keep you from coughing which is just purely retarted.

If anyone has *ANY* suggestions, home remedies etc you will never not ever be held accountable if any harm comes to me. I have tried super 3 and the codine meds but I am mildly allergic so I can only take so much before I get even sicker.

Any help would be angelic.

Thanks

Old
02-01-2011, 01:23 PM
Boba Fettuccine
Pastafarian

Old
02-01-2011, 01:25 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post

Seriously.

A little over a week ago I started coming down with a cold, no biggie and after a day and a half it seemed like it was getting better. Then late afternoon on day 3 my head exploded with flem as did my chest. I coughed myself broken, sneezed myself dizzy then came the fever and aches that felt zhidy.

All kidding aside, I have been running a 101+ fever for the last 4 days pretty much all the time and even when it does go down the couching make me want to take a knife my throat and cut the old lazy suzan. I think I could live long enough to squeeze out whatever the hellp is in the that is killing me.

No sleep.

All cough killers are made out of high fructose corn syrup which only makes you couch more and then they are nasal decongestants which means that your draining flem into your throat from your nose while your medicine is trying to keep you from coughing which is just purely retarted.

If anyone has *ANY* suggestions, home remedies etc you will never not ever be held accountable if any harm comes to me. I have tried super 3 and the codine meds but I am mildly allergic so I can only take so much before I get even sicker.

Any help would be angelic.

Thanks
The solution to your problem is to go see a doctor

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Old
02-01-2011, 01:30 PM
Boba Fettuccine
Pastafarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
The solution to your problem is to go see a doctor
There is nothing a doc can do

It's a virus. Body aches= virus

I have something similar right now but not as bad

TG: Drink a ton of water

Lysine has anti-viral qualities
http://www.vitaminsdiary.com/amino-acids/lysine.htm

For the phlegm, get some Mucinex D

Old
02-01-2011, 03:53 PM
DeeMeck

It is going around. I know a couple people who are really, really sick with the same symptoms. I hope I don't get it.

Old
02-01-2011, 04:07 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post

Seriously.

Dude.. coming off of the worst cold ever. I guess maybe it is the flu?

Day 1 (last Monday) - Feel a little scratchiness in throat after a long weekend.
Day 2 (last Tuesday) - Feel pretty much normal. I do 3 miles of running after work
Day 3 (last Wednesday) - Wake up feeling very weak and tired. Mild scratchiness back in the throat and sinuses ache.
Day 4 (last Thursday) - see Wednesday add in some serious draining of the sinuses
Day 5 (last Friday) - draining continues and I leave work early. Get home and the weak/tired feeling is increasing. I fall asleep at 8pm Fri and wake up 10am Saturday (14 hours of sleep!)
Day 6 (Saturday) - Sinuses are a little better. All in all, just very weak and tired. Dayquil does nothing to me. This usually tweaks me out. By night time I feel a warmth come over my body and I feel better.
Day 7 (Sunday) - Normal energy level but now I've developed a persistent dry cough that becomes painful as night time comes.
Day 8 (yesterday) - feeling good except for dry cough which has become very painful. Cough drops don't work.
Day 9 (today) - coughing has gone down quite a bit. Still not 100% but feeling much better.

The only thing I can suggest is try taking some Zinc. Somebody suggested that. It may or may not have helped but I was taking 25 mg (half a pill) every two hours 4-5 times a day from Saturday on. that is when I started to feel better. Could be coincidence, though. I also was drinking lots of water and orange juice for breakfast.

Closed Thread