HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

LD Griffin Reinhart - Edmonton Oil Kings, WHL (2012, 4th overall, New York Islanders)

Old
01-31-2011, 11:32 AM
Ward Cornell

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoleo3535 View Post
......and ex NHL d man Paul is their Father.
IMHO Paul Reinhart was well on his way the HOF before his back issues prevented him from playing.
Absolutely one of the best two-way players ever.
If Max or Griffin can be 1/2 the player as their father they will be stars in the NHL!

Ward Cornell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 11:46 AM
The Big Jankowski

Griffin is easily the better of the two Reinhart kids/prospects. He does remind me of his Dad, with the cool presence under pressure. I wouldnt be surprised to see him go top 5 in 2012.

The Big Jankowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 02:07 PM
Vdhawan89
#FireLowe

Who does he play like in the NHL?

Vdhawan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 04:33 PM
Renegade Stylings
Tame Impala

vCash: 3333
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckmaster12345 View Post
Ryan Murray will drop out of the top 5 come draft day. To me, he's just a guy that's older than most of the other guys and developed early. Others will catch up.
That might be an ok thought if you are comparing them when they play against their peers, such as at the World Under 17's....but have you seen him play in an actual WHL game?

He is still head and shoulders above most of the players in any given name, even if they are older then them.

Also, he was named to this year's Subway Super Series team for the WHL, despite being a draft year behind all of those players.

Obviously those in the know think he is more than just an early bloomer.

Renegade Stylings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 04:42 PM
Renegade Stylings
Tame Impala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdhawan89 View Post
Who does he play like in the NHL?
Hard to say exactly.

He's big, but he's not really clumsy or slow. In fact he's a great skater for his size. Good reach. Very physical too. But he also has a good offensive touch to his game. A hard shot and a good passer.

I want to say like a Pronger-type of player, but I don't want people to think I am comparing him to Pronger or think he will be as good. They are both just very well rounded, big, complete and tough defenders.

Old
01-31-2011, 08:03 PM
Sabes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Broke his wrist last night, and is out for the rest of the year, including playoffs.

Tough break for a 16 year old kid having a great rookie season. Will also miss out on being able to play in spring tourneys.
The bad news came in the final few minutes of the first period when big 6'4, 228 lb Austin Connor finished his check on Reinhart after the rearguard had moved the puck from the corner in his own end. The 1st round pick showed immediate signs of injury, it appeared as though it may have been a shoulder problem, and he skated gingerly off the ice.

Courtesy of http://www.thepipelineshow.blogspot.com/

Sabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 07:06 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Griffin Reinhart

I know next to nothing about him other than he plays for the Oil Kings and he's projected to be a top pick in 2012. Fill me in please.

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 07:15 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Closest player to Pronget we've seen in a long time.

Faidh ar Rud Eigin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Renegade Stylings
Tame Impala

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=792262

Old
Renegade Stylings
Tame Impala

Merge em up boys

Old
03-19-2011, 12:25 PM
Renegade Stylings
Tame Impala

Reinhart played last night against the Rebels. Pretty sure that was his first game back following his injured wrist.

I talked to their coach Derek Laxdal last week and he said they were hoping to have him back for a game or two before the playoffs. Big Griff was -3 last night.

Old
03-19-2011, 07:50 PM
HabLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duster3 View Post
Griffin is easily the better of the two Reinhart kids/prospects. He does remind me of his Dad, with the cool presence under pressure. I wouldnt be surprised to see him go top 5 in 2012.
You forgot about Sam, the youngest, he looks like a big time prospect as well!!

Will play for Kootenay full time next year.

HabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 08:25 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Reinhart played last night against the Rebels. Pretty sure that was his first game back following his injured wrist.

I talked to their coach Derek Laxdal last week and he said they were hoping to have him back for a game or two before the playoffs. Big Griff was -3 last night.
I was there and it was his first game back. He was a little rusty at first, but he showed how much upside he has in the last 2 periods.

A couple giveaways by forwards cost them 2 goals. The 1st ES goal was a giveaway and rocket from RNH top corner and then a bad giveaway to start the 3rd by someone else lead to the 4th goal.

Reinhart played solid for the most part though. Hopefully, the Oilers management want keep this kid in Edmonton, because I expect the Oilers to pick in the range to be able to take him.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 08:54 PM
puckfan13

Was at the game yesterday and it was his first game in a while. Gotta give him a break since he was getting used to the pace again. If you saw him play, he is usually much better and was before the injury. I just wish he didn't have to try to come back into form with one game left in the season. He had his ice-time held back in the third period a bit because he was still re-adjusting to the pace. Lowe-Pysyk looked great out there together, so I don't know how that will affect the pairings play into his playoff ice-time.

He is so big, 6'4" and 200 lbs I believe, he could fill out another 30 lbs easy I would say. You have to keep reminding yourself he is 16. 16 years old! His skating and pivots are great for a big man, his stick is great and his passes are crisp. I always seem to think he experienced a growth spurt a year or two prior to this because it seems like he is growing into his body. He is a little more hesitant than a guy like Dumba to engage physically head-on. Maybe it's personality, but I think it will come. His stick is great anyways. It's really hard to criticize a 16 year old's game because they are so young, I don't want to say anything bad about him because next year as a 17 year old he is probably going to be an absolute beast.

I remember when I first saw him play I saw him standing out there like a big hulking caveman and I just thought, Alex Plante again. But he is definitely something special.

puckfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:18 PM
76ftw

vCash: 50
^Bertuzzi in his prime? Maybe Rich Nash too.

olivier archambault

76ftw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Vdhawan89
#FireLowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post
^Bertuzzi in his prime? Maybe Rich Nash too.

olivier archambault
He's a dman...

Old
07-06-2011, 09:50 PM
dnicks17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdhawan89 View Post
He's a dman...
Pretty sure he meant to post that in the "Compare a Prospect to an NHL Player" thread.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 10:02 PM
Vdhawan89
#FireLowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Pretty sure he meant to post that in the "Compare a Prospect to an NHL Player" thread.
Oh my bad,I was pretty confused

Old
07-07-2011, 01:10 PM
17Kurri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
IMHO Paul Reinhart was well on his way the HOF before his back issues prevented him from playing.
Absolutely one of the best two-way players ever.

If Max or Griffin can be 1/2 the player as their father they will be stars in the NHL!
I agree. Paul was one heck of a player, possibly in the same league as Coffey and Bourque.

17Kurri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 04:44 PM
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey

Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
The Official Griffin Reinhart Thread

One of the top defensemen available for the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, Griffin Reinhart will be one of the more scrutinized draft eligible prospects this season.

Reinhart, the brother of Calgary Flames prospect Max Reinhart and the son of former NHLer Paul, puts a lot of credit in not only his bloodlines but his teammates in preparing him for what to expect in his draft year.

Quote:
“All the scouts would come and talk to the four-five-six players that were draft eligible and I got familiar with the questions they ask and I’d ask some guys like St. Croix and Ewanyk for examples like that and they really help me to know what it’s like heading into next year’s draft,” the six-foot-four, 205-pound blueliner admitted.

But the biggest lessons learned came from big brother.

“My brother was a big key,” said Reinhart, drafted third overall by the Oil Kings in the 2009 WHL Bantam Draft. “He’s been a big help. I’m going through everything he went through so if I have any questions he knows exactly what’s going on in my mind. It’s a big help having him.”
http://futureconsiderations.ca/reinh...draft-veteran/

Future Considerations ranked him 8th in our preliminary ranking.

Where do you see him going from here?

Last edited by Aaron Vickers: 02-02-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Aaron Vickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 04:47 PM
SK13
Mo'Linguish

He should be a 6'4 220lbs puck mover who skates fairly well for his size on draft day, probably have 45+ points in the dub this year.

While I'd put him somewhere around the 5-8 range right now, I don't think he's out of the conversation for first. That good. All he needs is to play with an edge a little more.

SK13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 04:59 PM
TrueGrit

Such a badass name..

TrueGrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 05:00 PM
Leviathan

I'd say he's one of the top 3 defenseman taken so it comes down to what teams want.

Leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 05:07 PM
Renegade Stylings
Tame Impala

Sorry Vick, beaten by over a year!

As far as my opinion...this is what I said last December:

Quote:
Saw him live tonight. Had to pick my jaw up off the floor a few times. Very impressive total package on this kid. 6'4. Tough. Great skater. Good passer. Hard shot. He fought. Good offensive skills with 16 pts in 32 games this year as a 16 year old. The Oil Kings have a real good player on their hands.

Might be the best 16 year old in the WHL this year. Him and Ryan Murray are likely the top 2 in my mind.
All of that is still true to this point. Kid is a beast.

Old
08-03-2011, 05:10 PM
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey

Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
Quote:
Sorry Vick, beaten by over a year!

Yours wasn't official! The search didn't yield any hits on Reinhart, so I figured a new one was in order!

Aaron Vickers is offline   Reply With Quote