HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Forward Depth

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-31-2011, 01:34 PM
  #76
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Nodl and Powe wont get big raises, just moderate ones.CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
James Van Riemsdyk ($1.654m) / Mike Richards ($5.750m) / Andreas Nodl ($0.950m)
Scott Hartnell ($4.200m) / Daniel Briere ($6.500m) / Ville Leino ($2.500m)
Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Jeff Carter ($5.272m) / Darroll Powe ($0.850m)
/ Blair Betts ($0.700m) / Jody Shelley ($1.100m)

DEFENSEMEN
Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m) / Braydon Coburn ($3.200m)
Chris Pronger ($4.921m) / Matt Carle ($3.437m)
Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m) / Oskars Bartulis ($0.600m)

GOALTENDERS
Sergei Bobrovsky ($1.750m) /Michael Leighton ($1.550m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $59,019,155; BONUSES: $1,700,000
CAP SPACE (19-man roster): $380,845

We still need 1 forward here, but the cap is supposed to go up by 2 or 3 million so we would have room for one
that is why you let him go and bring in a vet or what not at 600k instead of paying 900k (asssuming that is what he seeks) for the same production. Nodl you keep as he still may grow into a better player. he made what 850 k this year? depending on how the rest of his season goes, is he over a 1mm player?

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 01:40 PM
  #77
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God
 
KimiFerrari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Argentina
Posts: 3,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
that is why you let him go and bring in a vet or what not at 600k instead of paying 900k (asssuming that is what he seeks) for the same production. Nodl you keep as he still may grow into a better player. he made what 850 k this year? depending on how the rest of his season goes, is he over a 1mm player?
I say Nodl isn't worth 1mil. He is RFA, which no one will be targeting, outside of a burst of points somewhat gifted to him, because he has the opportunity to play with top talent.

He is getting paid $735k with another $115k in bonuses. Just up his pay to $850k guaranteed, even if it is just a 1 year deal.

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 02:06 PM
  #78
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimiFerrari View Post
I say Nodl isn't worth 1mil. He is RFA, which no one will be targeting, outside of a burst of points somewhat gifted to him, because he has the opportunity to play with top talent.

He is getting paid $735k with another $115k in bonuses. Just up his pay to $850k guaranteed, even if it is just a 1 year deal.
the fact he made 850 leaves me to believe he isnt going to take less than that. so 850 is the starting point. 10% rasie is 935. Does he settle for that or want a little more?

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 02:13 PM
  #79
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
yeah minimum raise for a RFA is 5 or 10% I think

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 02:14 PM
  #80
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God
 
KimiFerrari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Argentina
Posts: 3,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
the fact he made 850 leaves me to believe he isnt going to take less than that. so 850 is the starting point. 10% rasie is 935. Does he settle for that or want a little more?
The thing is he hasn't made the 850K yet, 115k of it is in bonuses, which he may or may not get. Secondly he is on a 2way contract, which means if he is sent down he wouldn't be making 10% of what his NHL salary is.

His raise should be a one way contract, that is not filled with bonuses he might not acquire.

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 02:18 PM
  #81
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimiFerrari View Post
The thing is he hasn't made the 850K yet, 115k of it is in bonuses, which he may or may not get. Secondly he is on a 2way contract, which means if he is sent down he wouldn't be making 10% of what his NHL salary is.

His raise should be a one way contract, that is not filled with bonuses he might not acquire.
I do not know what his bonuses are as i thought i read somewhere he already achieved them. I could be wrong but that is what i remember. Assuming that he has or will he isnt going to take less than 850. That would be silly on his part. You really think they are going to send him down?


Last edited by jb**: 01-31-2011 at 02:26 PM.
jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 02:29 PM
  #82
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God
 
KimiFerrari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Argentina
Posts: 3,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
I do not know what his bonies are as i though i read somewhere he already ahcieved them. I could be worng but that is what i remember. Assuming that he has or will he isnt going to take less than 850. That would be silly on his part. You really think they are going to send him down?
I'm just thinking that guaranteed money maybe be enough of an incentive for him to sign. He very well may be sent down or shipped out.

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 02:36 PM
  #83
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
I am not sure if the minimum raise is on his base salary, or on his bonus'd salary. I would assume base salary, so 10% on 725 or whatever would bring it to around 800k. I would be fine with him making 900k or 950 or something on a one way

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 02:45 PM
  #84
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic
 
might2mash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: South Bend
Country: United States
Posts: 4,616
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
I am not sure if the minimum raise is on his base salary, or on his bonus'd salary. I would assume base salary, so 10% on 725 or whatever would bring it to around 800k. I would be fine with him making 900k or 950 or something on a one way
Quote:
(B) if the Player's prior year's Paragraph 1 NHL Salary is
greater than $660,000, but less than $1,000,000 for that
League Year, 105% of his prior year's Paragraph 1 NHL
Salary, but in no event to exceed $1,000,000.
So it's a 5% raise for Nodl for a minimum of $761,250. $950k is the max I'd say he's worth at this point.

might2mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 02:50 PM
  #85
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Yeah smart plan for Nodl would be to take a 1 year deal at 800-900k and try and improve his offensive game to earn more money

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 02:54 PM
  #86
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Yeah smart plan for Nodl would be to take a 1 year deal at 800-900k and try and improve his offensive game to earn more money
yes it would.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 03:01 PM
  #87
Cartsiephan*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
If Carcillo is making a mill/yr, Nodl will be making the same or more. Or for those who say we cannot afford to keep a guy like Nodl, he does his job and serves his purpose on the roster, it just may mean a tweak away from the idea that three scoring lines is a sustainable way to run a team.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 03:55 PM
  #88
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic
 
might2mash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: South Bend
Country: United States
Posts: 4,616
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
If Carcillo is making a mill/yr, Nodl will be making the same or more.
Really doubtful. Nodl does not fill the same role, nor does he have the same experience.

might2mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 04:05 PM
  #89
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!
 
Hockeypete49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 4,527
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
He blows. We don't need another "energy" type player. We have a solid team. I would just rather we get a winger who can actually score, be a veteran presence and a team leader.

And don't compare him with Gagne...EVER.
That is total BS. If you think he blows then that statement right there shows your hockey IQ. The guy plays on the 1st or second line of a NHL team and he blows

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 04:53 PM
  #90
ELab2
Registered User
 
ELab2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlantic City
Country: United States
Posts: 5,348
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by might2mash View Post
Really doubtful. Nodl does not fill the same role, nor does he have the same experience.
He's also a better overall hockey player.

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 04:54 PM
  #91
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God
 
KimiFerrari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Argentina
Posts: 3,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELab2 View Post
He's also a better overall hockey player.
He also doesn't have arbitration rights.

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 05:31 PM
  #92
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Plus that was Carcillo's 3rd NHL contract, not his 2nd. Carcillo had 5 pro seasons when he signed that, with 30+ total NHL goals

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 03:10 PM
  #93
Cartsiephan*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by might2mash View Post
Really doubtful. Nodl does not fill the same role, nor does he have the same experience.
Nodl fills a bigger role, especially considering what he can provide for production and his ability to play three zone offense. The kid has one 18pts to Zherdev's 19pts, but yet Zherdev is the one who is being praised for his offensive production?

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 03:21 PM
  #94
LI Fly Guy
Registered User
 
LI Fly Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 495
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Nodl fills a bigger role, especially considering what he can provide for production and his ability to play three zone offense. The kid has one 18pts to Zherdev's 19pts, but yet Zherdev is the one who is being praised for his offensive production?
I haven't checked but I'm willing to bet Nodl's TOI and game's played is way higher than Z's..........

Just saying..........

LI Fly Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 03:26 PM
  #95
LI Fly Guy
Registered User
 
LI Fly Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 495
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Fly Guy View Post
I haven't checked but I'm willing to bet Nodl's TOI and game's played is way higher than Z's..........

Just saying..........
Ok, just checked, had I placed that bet I would have lost.........

LI Fly Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 03:26 PM
  #96
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God
 
KimiFerrari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Argentina
Posts: 3,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Fly Guy View Post
I haven't checked but I'm willing to bet Nodl's TOI and game's played is way higher than Z's..........

Just saying..........
Not really.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...Name=timeOnIce

Andreas Nodl 41gp TOI 555:21
Nikolay Zherdev 43gp TOI 533:48

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 03:27 PM
  #97
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God
 
KimiFerrari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Argentina
Posts: 3,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Fly Guy View Post
Ok, just checked, had I placed that bet I would have lost.........
Haha nice timing

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 03:47 PM
  #98
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimiFerrari View Post
Not really.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...Name=timeOnIce

Andreas Nodl 41gp TOI 555:21
Nikolay Zherdev 43gp TOI 533:48
would love to know how many points and goals powe, nodl, and betts have had over the last 20 games.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 03:51 PM
  #99
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God
 
KimiFerrari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Argentina
Posts: 3,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
would love to know how many points and goals powe, nodl, and betts have had over the last 20 games.
Well click on each player, and then click on "game log"

Z: 7 g - 3 a - 10pts

too lazy to do rest.

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 03:56 PM
  #100
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimiFerrari View Post
Well click on each player, and then click on "game log"

Z: 7 g - 3 a - 10pts

too lazy to do rest.
your lazy, that is brutal.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.