HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kris Versteeg

Old
01-31-2011, 01:01 AM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Beach is a ? at this point so depending on him to be on Hawks next year is a little far fetched,,, Brouwer is proven

And Brouwer's name has not been thrown around outside of HF
His name was mentioned as trade bait in a bleacher report. That may or may not be official, but I consider it a possiblity. I think for Versteeg Bowman would trade Brouwer. They produce the same.

Ture about Beach though, I am expecting a bit much. But I'm hoping that he matures.

BBSeabs27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 01:10 AM
newellky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamal007 View Post
lol wut? He has been great for the Leafs. Plays powerplay, pk and shutdown role even strength, he is very good. Since the first month, where he only put up 2 points in 9 games, he has 29 points in 36 games, which is amazing. He would be perfect for the second line or third line of any contender, while putting up 50-60 points and playing every situation.
thats the thing....he would be a real good 3rd liner for a contender so why would a contender deal a 2nd liner+ for him?....he makes sense for the leafs but if he gets dealt to a contender it would probably be for non roster players

newellky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 01:10 AM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

I'm hoping he wants to come to Atlanta to play again with his good mate Dustin Byfuglien.

I would be willing to offer Antropov to get Versteeg. Our other top 6 forwards Kane, Little, Bergfors, Peverley and Ladd are off limits.

Peter Sidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 01:13 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBSeabs27 View Post
His name was mentioned as trade bait in a bleacher report. That may or may not be official, but I consider it a possiblity. I think for Versteeg Bowman would trade Brouwer. They produce the same.

Ture about Beach though, I am expecting a bit much. But I'm hoping that he matures.
You do realize Bleacher report is just a bunch of people's opinions right?

We lose size and toughness thin out are already weak LW spot by moving Brouwer

It doesn't make sense

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 01:14 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan View Post
I'm hoping he wants to come to Atlanta to play again with his good mate Dustin Byfuglien.

I would be willing to offer Antropov to get Versteeg. Our other top 6 forwards Kane, Little, Bergfors, Peverley and Ladd are off limits.
Steeger played his best hockey last year when he was RW on Ladd's line

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 01:14 AM
htpwn

Quote:

You will likely need to add with Antropov's age (he's what, six years older?), contract, and injury problems. A return for Versteeg, contrary to popular belief, would likely be greater then what the Leafs gave up to get him. Remember, Chicago needed to dump salary, Toronto doesn't.

It should be noted though that the whole "Versteeg wants out" angle came from a Nick Kypreos report where he said he heard "murmurs," so who knows what is really going on.

htpwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 01:46 AM
WTFMAN99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhorse1280 View Post
Really?

I thought for sure Bowman would hold Brouwer in more regard than Beach as he's been steadly improving since he's been a mainstay.

That and his chemistry with Versteeg.

How bout

Brouwer
John Scott (salary dump)
3th 2011

for

Versteeg
Gunnarsson

I'd hate to see Gunnar go but we really need to fill that LW spot in the top6, Aulie could take his place and either Holzer or Mikus should be ready next year for us.
Toronto gets bent over.

WTFMAN99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 01:52 AM
seanlinden

Quote:

For Toronto to take on Antropov, you'd problably have to take on Komisarek and not even get Versteeg. To get Versteeg, you'd be looking at Stewart+, Kane, or Ladd+. I'm not saying you should pay that, I'm saying that's what it would take.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 02:03 AM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
For Toronto to take on Antropov, you'd problably have to take on Komisarek and not even get Versteeg. To get Versteeg, you'd be looking at Stewart+, Kane, or Ladd+. I'm not saying you should pay that, I'm saying that's what it would take.
You really think Versteeg is worth a budding power forward in Kane who already matches Versteeg output with far more scope for improvement or our captain in Ladd plus extras despite having a better season thus far than Versteeg.

Thanks for the laugh

Peter Sidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 02:17 AM
seanlinden

Quote:
You really think Versteeg is worth a budding power forward in Kane who already matches Versteeg output with far more scope for improvement or our captain in Ladd plus extras despite having a better season thus far than Versteeg.

Thanks for the laugh
Reading comprehension seems to be non-existent on these boards.

I think that's what it would take to get Versteeg, not what he's worth. Toronto is only looking for players for the top line, and Antropov does not have enough speed to mesh with our other forwards. If we're not getting a top line player, then we're better off keeping a catalyst like Versteeg on the #3 unit.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 02:22 AM
Jules Winnfield
Top 6 wing please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post

I think Burke would even have enough sense to not ask Atlanta for Kane for Kris *** Versteeg... I doubt Atlanta would even consider trading Kane for Kessel.

Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 07:03 AM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

Yeah they definitely wouldn't. Nor trade Ladd. Versteeg and Ladd so work well together though. I'd do Antropov+ for Versteeg

BBSeabs27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 07:38 AM
James Duthie
Kadri is 3 Hunna

Quote:

Thanks for the laugh
Well would you really think Brian Burke is gonna take back a former Leaf? and the fact that he's also struggling make's it worse.. I thank you for making me laugh at Antropov to Toronto.

James Duthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 09:44 AM
MattVenca

"I heard he's having a bad year" -- To anyone who has 'heard' anything, here are the facts on Versteeg's season.

Last 6GP: 0G 0A (5 of these 6 games came after he missed four days with an undisclosed injury)
Middle 31GP: 11G 18A
First 9GP: 1G 1A

Career high: 78GP 22G 53PTS
Last season: 79GP 20G 44PTS
On pace this season: 79GP 20G 52PTS

Versteeg was traded for three players. The only one of the three that is playing in the NHL is Viktor Stalberg, who is actually 4 months older than Versteeg.
Stalberg is on pace for: 78GP 11G 24PTS

Long story short, up until Versteeg's recent injury he was actually on pace for a career year. And even with his injury and with a horribly slow start, he's still on pace to match his career high. He's not having a bad season. He's having a career year on a basement team that has been shut out 8 times this season.

Not a guy that Toronto can afford to trade for a pick and a prospect. He's under contract for another season, and the Leafs can certainly use his 50 points.

MattVenca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 11:21 AM
gabeliscious

im calling shenanigans.

why would versteeg want out? he is playing great hockey, putting up good numbers, getting lots of ice time, especially on the pp. in toronto he has a chance to shine. on a contending team his role would be limited. he is also still young enough to be part of the team when they get better and i think despite torontos record things are getting better.

why would toronto want to trade versteeg for anything short of a first line player or at the very least someone who projects to be a first line player. he has so much utility for the leafs, it would be a foolish move. trading him for brouwer would be a lateral move at best.

gabeliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 01:40 PM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outrageous Leafs Fan View Post
Apparently he wants out, what would you give up for him?

Toronto willing to add for 1st line talent.
Kris Versteeg has said nothing of the sort

the only thing he has said inre a trade back in early Jan when the Versteeg to.... rumours started, is the same stuff every pro athlete says about being traded

If Versteeg had said this....WHY aren't there any SCREAMING HEADLINES IN 12pt TYPE to be found in any of the Toronto newspapers nor on TSN/Sportsnet, THN or ESPN or on anyones twitter for that matter. Oh and lets not forget the rumour mongeror himself Ecklund

you know why there isn't anything like this to be found? cause he hasn't said that to anybody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguin and Colborne View Post
do you have a link saying he wants out? im wondering because i havent heard anything that he did want out
nor has anybody in the Toronto hockey media for that matter

therealkoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 01:43 PM
Edgeworth*

Quote:

Antropov is a 3rd line center and was already kicked out of Toronto. If we did get him for Versteeg, there would have to be a pick or prospect coming to get Toronto interested (and no, Akim Aliu is not allowed to be offered)

The leafs really have no interest in trading, we just need 1st line guys and some better faceoff guys. Outside of that our defense needs to step it up but we're pretty much set after another year of tanking.

Edgeworth* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 01:47 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
honestly there is no credable source to this

TML g u n n e R s* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 03:05 PM
MountainGoat
McDavid/Eichel

something around Clarkson+ for Versteeg

cap hits are the same

MountainGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 04:34 PM
exporta

Its amazing how a player goes to Toronto and all of a sudden he's value has decreased.

He is playing on the third unit because he had no chemistry with Kessel, the 2nd line has great chemistry and he's found chemistry playing with Armstrong.

Playing a 3rd line role on a bottom 5 team and still pacing for 52 pts (1 behind his seasons best) is not declining. He doesn't have the talent around him he had in Chicago however is still producing in the same capacity. He makes a little over $3mil not $4mil. He plays the point on the PP and is a versatile player.

The only way I would move him at this point is if he is packaged in an upgrade, much like how he was acquired.

This rumour was through sportsnet, and I doubt it has any merit.

exporta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 04:38 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Clarkson & 2nd rounder for Versteeg & 4th ?

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 04:39 PM
exporta

Quote:

Thanks for the laugh
I think the point he's trying to make is that we wouldn't trade him unless there is a clear cut upgrade coming our way, i.e. in a package deal.

He never said he thought it was a fair deal, he simply said that unless we get a clear upgrade we won't trade him.

Why is it laughable that we want to hold on to our asset? We had Antropov but didn't wish to retain him. Why would we offer up a player that has a role on our team going forward, for a player we did not have a use for anymore?

exporta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 04:44 PM
ErikKarlsson
The Best (per IOC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spozm View Post
Antropov is a 3rd line center and was already kicked out of Toronto. If we did get him for Versteeg, there would have to be a pick or prospect coming to get Toronto interested (and no, Akim Aliu is not allowed to be offered)

The leafs really have no interest in trading, we just need 1st line guys and some better faceoff guys. Outside of that our defense needs to step it up but we're pretty much set after another year of tanking.
Antropov is easily a 2nd line center. He is still in the top 60 in centermen scoring leaders while having a down year. Last year he was 20th in scoring for ALL centers.

ErikKarlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 04:47 PM
NewFang

Quote:

Thanks for the laugh
No, thank you for the laugh of sending Antropov back.

NewFang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 04:48 PM
NewFang

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikKarlsson View Post
Antropov is easily a 2nd line center. He is still in the top 60 in centermen scoring leaders while having a down year. Last year he was 20th in scoring for ALL centers.
Doesn't matter. He has a history in TO, and is 6 years older than Versteeg. It just ain't gonna happen. Makes no sense.

NewFang is offline   Reply With Quote