HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Zach Parise to Boston (deadline deal)

Old
01-31-2011, 05:21 PM
KrugLife
Registered Champion

vCash: 500
Zach Parise to Boston (deadline deal)

To Boston:

Zach Parise

To New Jersey:

Tor 1st '11
Bos 1st '11
Blake Wheeler
Zach Hamil

This is assuming Savard gets put on LTIR, of course. If that's the case then both teams could easily fit this under the cap. The Bruins would also be able to make a followup deal and move Stuart and get a very decent PMD with the cap space that would be left. With Ryder, Recchi + coming of the books next year it would be possible to re-sign Parise.

Parise as far as I know is slated for a mid-march return, and this would be amazing for the playoff run in Boston.

If Parise was to recieve an offer sheet, it would result in 4 first rounders (which is what this is essentially). Toronto's pick I'm predicting is going to be #5, which means the Devils would possibly have 2 top 5 picks this coming draft. This sets NJ up pretty nicely for the future with some high end prospects on ELC's.

KrugLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 05:25 PM
bostonbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguination View Post
To Boston:

Zach Parise

To New Jersey:

Tor 1st '11
Bos 1st '11
Blake Wheeler
Zach Hamil

This is assuming Savard gets put on LTIR, of course. If that's the case then both teams could easily fit this under the cap. The Bruins would also be able to make a followup deal and move Stuart and get a very decent PMD with the cap space that would be left. With Ryder, Recchi + coming of the books next year it would be possible to re-sign Parise.

Parise as far as I know is slated for a mid-march return, and this would be amazing for the playoff run in Boston.

If Parise was to recieve an offer sheet, it would result in 4 first rounders (which is what this is essentially). Toronto's pick I'm predicting is going to be #5, which means the Devils would possibly have 2 top 5 picks this coming draft. This sets NJ up pretty nicely for the future with some high end prospects on ELC's.

boston doesnt give up toronto 1st-

Boston gets:
Zach Parisie

NJ gets:
Wheeler (2.2)
Stuart (1.6)
Colborne
Bos 1st 2011
Bos 1st 2012
Bos 2nd 2011

bostonbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 05:26 PM
EliasR8
Brendan Shanahan!

vCash: 1050
Deadline is Feb 28, Zach won't be back till March, you can't trade players on LTIR.

EliasR8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 05:27 PM
KrugLife
Registered Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonbs View Post
Boston gets:
Zach Parisie

NJ gets:
Wheeler (2.2)
Stuart (1.6)
Colborne
Bos 1st 2011
Bos 1st 2012
Bos 2nd 2011
You have to give to get. For Parise you give up the 1st.

Old
01-31-2011, 05:29 PM
almostawake

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIR8 View Post
Deadline is Feb 28, Zach won't be back till March, you can't trade players on LTIR.
Yes, you can.

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 05:38 PM
HeadLikeAnOrange*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIR8 View Post
Of course you can, having the player pass a physical is an optional request by the receiving team.

HeadLikeAnOrange* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 05:43 PM
EliasR8
Brendan Shanahan!

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadLikeAnOrange View Post
Of course you can, having the player pass a physical is an optional request by the receiving team.
Didn't know that, thanks for correcting.

EliasR8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 05:49 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Quote:

Boston gets:
Zach Parisie

NJ gets:
Wheeler (2.2)
Stuart (1.6)
Colborne
Bos 1st 2011
Bos 1st 2012
Bos 2nd 2011
NJD would not do that, only way nJD move parise is for them to get a top 3 forward or a puckmoving d man back and none of these things are in your proposal

TML g u n n e R s* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 05:50 PM
Ten Thousand Hours

Savard wouldn't even have to go on IR for it to work. And I'd only do the deal if we had enough confidence we could sign him to a long term extension (which is somewhat dependent on the future of Savard).

Ten Thousand Hours is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 05:53 PM
apice3*

Quote:

Boston gets:
Zach Parisie

NJ gets:
Wheeler (2.2)
Stuart (1.6)
Colborne
Bos 1st 2011
Bos 1st 2012
Bos 2nd 2011
Lol at not wanting to give up TOR 1st to get one of the best players in the league.

If you want Parise in Boston, you start with two of the following three: Rask, Seguin, TOR 1st. Then we go from there. If you don't like that, then you don't get Parise. I'm not sure why we need a weekly Parise to Boston proposal in which the 3 most valuable assets Boston has aren't involved.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 05:54 PM
Ten Thousand Hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Lol at not wanting to give up TOR 1st to get one of the best players in the league.

If you want Parise in Boston, you start with two of the following three: Rask, Seguin, TOR 1st. Then we go from there. If you don't like that, then you don't get Parise. I'm not sure why we need a weekly Parise to Boston proposal in which the 3 most valuable assets Boston has aren't involved.

If you want to swap Rask for Toronto's 1st in the original deal, even better. But Rask does not have the same value as a top 5 draft pick.

Old
01-31-2011, 05:54 PM
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose

Why would the Devils do this?

Honestly, the only way Parise is out of NJ is if he comes out and says to Lou "I want out of NJ." There is no other scenario in which he leaves. I swear the only reason why there isn't a captain named yet on the Devs (since Langer has left) is because Lou will dangle that as bait to get Parise to re-sign long-term and for cheap. Cheap meaning $4 to $5.5M

If Parise is to be traded to Boston, I'd want one of Chara or Bergeron coming back.

PADevil3034 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 05:55 PM
Toydarian

If it became clear that the NJD and Parise would NOT come to an agreement regarding a contract extension then this is obviously a good return for an RFA on the last year of his contract (although I think BOS would have to include Colborne).

However, if both parties (NJD and Parise) agree on an extension, NJ shouldn't do this trade.

...I guess I'm just stating the obvious.

Toydarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 05:56 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

vCash: 300
Realistically:

Bergeron/Krejci
Steven Kampfer/Other PMD Prospect
Tor 1st

for

Parise

In all actuality, Parise will be a New Jersey Devil to start the 2011-2012 NHL season, so none of this matters.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 05:57 PM
Ten Thousand Hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils3034 View Post

Honestly, the only way Parise is out of NJ is if he comes out and says to Lou "I want out of NJ." There is no other scenario in which he leaves. I swear the only reason why there isn't a captain named yet on the Devs (since Langer has left) is because Lou will dangle that as bait to get Parise to re-sign long-term and for cheap. Cheap meaning $4 to $5.5M

If Parise is to be traded to Boston, I'd want one of Chara or Bergeron coming back.

What if (and I obviously don't know if this is true or not) his agent tells Lou that he will only be looking for a one year deal this summer?

Old
01-31-2011, 05:58 PM
noBSleafsFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguination View Post
You have to give to get. For Parise you give up the 1st.
agreed.

noBSleafsFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JimEIV

Quote:

Cheap is absolutely NEVER going to happen.

I'l bet you anything you want he gets closer 7 than 6 for his next long term contact.

JimEIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MildlyAwesome
Rational Leaf Fan

Quote:

Parise would be insane if he went for anything less than 6 million per year. Guarantee he'd have 29 other teams offering more than 5.5. Unless it's 5.5 for 20 years.

MildlyAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 06:02 PM
KrugLife
Registered Champion

Quote:

You're out of you're tree if you think Parise signs for $4 million

Old
01-31-2011, 06:05 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguin2Couturier View Post
If you want to swap Rask for Toronto's 1st in the original deal, even better. But Rask does not have the same value as a top 5 draft pick.
That still leaves us with only one of Boston's three most valuable assets. If you want Parise, we want two. Think Rask + TOR 1st or Seguin + Rask or Seguin + TOR 1st.

Again, if you don't want to give up the assets, you don't get Parise. It's really not that bad considering every main piece you would be offer would have come from Toronto anyway. Effectively if you traded Rask + Seguin for Parise, you really would have traded Kessel for Parise + 2011 TOR lotto pick. You're still getting away with highway robbery.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 06:13 PM
dafoomie
Eat Mor Chikin

Send a message via AIM to dafoomie
I wouldn't give the house for Parise because he plans to hit the market as an unrestricted free agent after next season. Toronto's 1st represents 7 seasons of control over what should be an impact player, for that I'd want someone in return who is at least a few years away from unrestricted free agency.

dafoomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 06:21 PM
goguls

Quote:

ya no.
he's not signing for that cheap unless its for the rest of his career... even then i dont see him making <5.5M/season...forget about 4M lol.

goguls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 06:23 PM
KrugLife
Registered Champion

Quote:
That still leaves us with only one of Boston's three most valuable assets. If you want Parise, we want two. Think Rask + TOR 1st or Seguin + Rask or Seguin + TOR 1st.

Again, if you don't want to give up the assets, you don't get Parise. It's really not that bad considering every main piece you would be offer would have come from Toronto anyway. Effectively if you traded Rask + Seguin for Parise, you really would have traded Kessel for Parise + 2011 TOR lotto pick. You're still getting away with highway robbery.
Yeah but you don't trade more than you should just because you won some past trades, hindsight's 20/20.

That's like if the Capitals traded Jagr back in let's say 2002 for Jeff Friesen. They wouldn't turn around and call it a win because it ended up being Friesen for Kris Beech, Michal Sivek, and Ross Lupaschuk

Old
01-31-2011, 06:29 PM
Lord Ahriman

Quote:

It would be Toronto 1st + Krejci + Colborne, tops, and you know that asking for 2 of Rask/Seguin/Toronto 1st is pretty much ridiculous.

Lord Ahriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 06:31 PM
Lord Ahriman

Quote:

You mean "you want", not Lou.

Lord Ahriman is offline   Reply With Quote