HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All-Encompassing All-Star Weekend Thread

Old
01-30-2011, 10:40 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
So that's what it's like when Kopitar plays with a skilled winger? Kind of puts things into perspective when he has some talent around him that can get him the puck, connect with passes and make plays.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
Wonder if Lombardi was thinking the same thing.
Geez, it was an all-star game for Christ's sake. Neither team plays any defense.

But hey, I agree Dean should just go out and make a deal to get Eriksson or some reasonable facsimile. Wonder why he hasn't thought of that yet.

Well at least Kurri gets it.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2011, 10:45 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Geez, it was an all-star game for Christ's sake. Neither team plays any defense.

But hey, I agree Dean should just go out and make a deal to get Eriksson or some reasonable facsimile. Wonder why he hasn't thought of that yet.

Well at least Kurri gets it.
Yes, because that is exactly what we are saying, that Dean should get Duchene and Eriksson.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2011, 10:54 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Yes, because that is exactly what we are saying, that Dean should get Duchene and Eriksson.
Did I say you were expecting one of those two? Fact is they are trying to break a more skilled yet inexperience player in on Kopitar's wing now. You ponder the question about whether or not Dean is paying attention to the all-star game?

I think he has already asked and answered the question in his own mind several times.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 09:26 AM
nocturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsnsoldiers View Post
So who is our Guardian, any pics. Good to see Kopi with a great game.

"I am the KING!!!"

Wonder if he can play left wing?

nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 10:07 AM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturn View Post

As Edna would say: Nnnooooo Capes!

Not being a comic book fan at all, I really liked most of the teams Guardians. Some were really cool - including the Kings.

I wonder if the NHL will issue them in hockey card packs next season.

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 10:31 AM
onlyalad

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturn View Post

It is just Ivanans with a silly sword. So sadly no he can't play LW.

onlyalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 10:33 AM
scramble91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Favorite part of the AS Weekend was watching the goalies do the fastest skater competition. Loved it. Watching Thomas get down as low as possible to try to get an edge was hilarious. I was shocked to find out that Mike Gartner still holds the record for fastest skater. So much for all the hype about how much faster these guys are today when the record has stood for well over 10 years.
THat is pretty interesting since people always argue that todays skaters are faster and better in every aspect of the game...and how Gretzky would barely break 100 points a game...

its all hogwash, i think with all the rules now, Gretz would have more space than ever before.

Overall, glad to see kopitar have some fun with Erickson. They looked good together. The whole kessel ordeal was kinda of funny...

scramble91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 11:10 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
As Edna would say: Nnnooooo Capes!

Not being a comic book fan at all, I really liked most of the teams Guardians. Some were really cool - including the Kings.

I wonder if the NHL will issue them in hockey card packs next season.
Oh, I'm seeing $20 action figures at Staples real soon.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 11:26 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scramble91 View Post
THat is pretty interesting since people always argue that todays skaters are faster and better in every aspect of the game...and how Gretzky would barely break 100 points a game...

its all hogwash, i think with all the rules now, Gretz would have more space than ever before.

Overall, glad to see kopitar have some fun with Erickson. They looked good together. The whole kessel ordeal was kinda of funny...
For one, you are talking about one player with the record and the skating is done on a full lap of the rink. That doesn't account for shorter distances which most foot races are in hockey. Secondly, you are talking about a handful of players who are taking part in an all-star game. If they were to sample the whole league, my guess is the league is a whole is quicker. On top of that, the players are better skaters and are more agile. You can tell just by watching.

On a sidenote, didn't Kopitar play with Ericson in the young stars game a few years ago?

Buddy The Elf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 11:44 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
For one, you are talking about one player with the record and the skating is done on a full lap of the rink. That doesn't account for shorter distances which most foot races are in hockey. Secondly, you are talking about a handful of players who are taking part in an all-star game. If they were to sample the whole league, my guess is the league is a whole is quicker. On top of that, the players are better skaters and are more agile. You can tell just by watching.

On a sidenote, didn't Kopitar play with Ericson in the young stars game a few years ago?
I think the 3rd and 4th liners are better skaters and are in better condition but I do not think the big guns in hockey right now are faster than guys like Bure or Gartner in their primes. The fastest skater used to be a bunch of guys, I think now it's only a couple of players which I didn't like.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 05:34 PM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsKnight View Post
Wow, it didn't feel that way. The whole time I felt he wasn't getting enough ice time. I guess it's cause I'm biased and want to see him out there all the time. Go Kings!!
Yeah, I felt the same way and was surprised to hear he had the 2nd most ice time amongst forwards on both teams. It's probably because 16:10 is almost 5 and a half minutes less than we're used to seeing him on the ice (his TOI/G this year being 21:30).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
wohoo calm down guys

That was just the All Star Game...... the defender didn't even tried to play defense.
At this stage everyone looks good with skilled wingers
Holy ****, Kurri is making sense! I think Kopitar played more defense than most of the defensemen during the game.

FootKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 06:02 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootKnight View Post
Holy ****, Kurri is making sense! I think Kopitar played more defense than most of the defensemen during the game.
I laughed, smiled and cried simultaneously several times when Kopi would be in the slot, the puck would go to the boards and instead of going for the 50/50 puck he would automatically turn and get back to his spot for the backcheck to stop team Staal's breakout.

Cool that defense is so burned into his muscle memory now that he just does it automatically, but at the same time, its like "Kopi its the frigging all star game! Go for the puck!!!!"

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote