HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

OT Thread #8

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-31-2011, 05:22 PM
  #76
NYGRYK21
American Ambassador
 
NYGRYK21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ridge, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,078
vCash: 500
So I'm watching Sportscenter and the anchor says something along the lines of "the worldwide leader in sports is getting bigger". So in my head I'm praying for an ESPN-NHL TV deal. But no, it's a deal with European soccer.

NYGRYK21 is online now  
Old
01-31-2011, 05:23 PM
  #77
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 17,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrik4vezina30 View Post
So I'm watching Sportscenter and the anchor says something along the lines of "the worldwide leader in sports is getting bigger". So in my head I'm praying for an ESPN-NHL TV deal. But no, it's a deal with European soccer.
Obligatory how much I hate soccer post.

Seriously...the World Cup and the friggin' Vuvuzelas annoyed me. Not to mention it's like a field (pitch?) full of Crosby's...all they do is dive.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
01-31-2011, 05:29 PM
  #78
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I don't know how you do it in NJ, but in NY, language is a mandatory class from freshman to junior year.

I'm lucky I had nice teachers or else I would've been screwed.
Wow for me it was mandatory from 6th grade through 11th. I absolutely despised it but as i get older its actually amazing how much i learned over that time. Im pretty sure i could hold my own fairly well if i visited a spanish speaking country.

Puckface NYR* is offline  
Old
01-31-2011, 05:30 PM
  #79
Ih8theislanders
Registered User
 
Ih8theislanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bronx,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
I'm not taking Spanish(I'm not taking ANY language currently, actually)ever. I'm gonna probably do French or Latin.
DO NOT TAKE LATIN. It is brutal, had to do that freshman year. Insanely boring and really has no practical use. French seems soid.





Also, my practice this week is rescheduled to Thursday night, when I have tix for the NYR game. My game that got cancelled because of the snow and is moved to the 18th, when I'm going to the Ranger-Devil game at the pebble. Beyond that, I'm gonna have some 6am-730 practices within the next two weeks. I mad dawg.

Ih8theislanders is offline  
Old
01-31-2011, 05:31 PM
  #80
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 17,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
Wow for me it was mandatory from 6th grade through 11th. I absolutely despised it but as i get older its actually amazing how much i learned over that time. Im pretty sure i could hold my own fairly well if i visited a spanish speaking country.
Oh yeah it was mandatory in middle school too (where I constantly got like 12's on tests), i was just talking about HS.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
01-31-2011, 05:32 PM
  #81
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM
 
BrianBoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: On the grass
Country: United States
Posts: 51,689
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Oh yeah it was mandatory in middle school too (where I constantly got like 12's on tests), i was just talking about HS.
Really? Me too!

__________________

Neutral Milk Hotel are literally GOAT
Amy Poehler <3

Credit to Ail for the sig.
BrianBoyle is offline  
Old
01-31-2011, 05:34 PM
  #82
NYGRYK21
American Ambassador
 
NYGRYK21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ridge, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
DO NOT TAKE LATIN. It is brutal, had to do that freshman year. Insanely boring and really has no practical use. French seems soid.





Also, my practice this week is rescheduled to Thursday night, when I have tix for the NYR game. My game that got cancelled because of the snow and is moved to the 18th, when I'm going to the Ranger-Devil game at the pebble. Beyond that, I'm gonna have some 6am-730 practices within the next two weeks. I mad dawg.
I'm going to the NYR game on Thursday, finally my first game of the season.

NYGRYK21 is online now  
Old
01-31-2011, 05:34 PM
  #83
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!
 
Stugots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,229
vCash: 500
foreign language was mandatory in middle school and thankfully they had italian at mine. Then in HS it was mandatory freshman through senior year and they only had freakin spanish latin or french. and foreign language was even mandatory in college unless you passed a test which i thankfully did

Stugots is offline  
Old
01-31-2011, 05:39 PM
  #84
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light
 
Hobgoblin Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bay Ridge
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
DO NOT TAKE LATIN. It is brutal, had to do that freshman year. Insanely boring and really has no practical use. French seems soid.





Also, my practice this week is rescheduled to Thursday night, when I have tix for the NYR game. My game that got cancelled because of the snow and is moved to the 18th, when I'm going to the Ranger-Devil game at the pebble. Beyond that, I'm gonna have some 6am-730 practices within the next two weeks. I mad dawg.
disagree.

Hobgoblin Steve is offline  
Old
01-31-2011, 05:40 PM
  #85
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people
 
Brendan Shanahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,060
vCash: 500
Terrible day today. Absolutely beat and I can't even nap. Too much going on.

Brendan Shanahan is offline  
Old
01-31-2011, 05:42 PM
  #86
NYGRYK21
American Ambassador
 
NYGRYK21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ridge, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
foreign language was mandatory in middle school and thankfully they had italian at mine. Then in HS it was mandatory freshman through senior year and they only had freakin spanish latin or french. and foreign language was even mandatory in college unless you passed a test which i thankfully did
I hate that it's mandatory. I mean you're never gonna need it unless you work at like an embassy or something.

NYGRYK21 is online now  
Old
01-31-2011, 05:45 PM
  #87
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 17,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrik4vezina30 View Post
I hate that it's mandatory. I mean you're never gonna need it unless you work at like an embassy or something.
Ehh...it's good knowledge to have, but I don't like how they teach like Ancient Spanish history (i took spanish) instead of how I can practically use the language in whatever profession I go into.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
01-31-2011, 05:48 PM
  #88
Ih8theislanders
Registered User
 
Ih8theislanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bronx,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Brolov View Post
Terrible day today. Absolutely beat and I can't even nap. Too much going on.

Ih8theislanders is offline  
Old
01-31-2011, 05:49 PM
  #89
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people
 
Brendan Shanahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post

Brendan Shanahan is offline  
Old
01-31-2011, 05:58 PM
  #90
JimmyStart*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,569
vCash: 500
I was always a good B-B+ student but I wanted to start raising my GPA soi I took two languages in 1 year. I literally had latin and french in back to back periods the whole year. Was sweeeeeet.

JimmyStart* is offline  
Old
01-31-2011, 06:06 PM
  #91
EmpireStateofMind
Registered User
 
EmpireStateofMind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
I'm assuming some of you got report cards today. Picked mine up and got a 96 average. Pretty solid for not doing ****. It's great when you only have 3 classes, 2 of which are AP ones that are weighted.

Also got my schedule, get out 10:38 again. No complaints.
Wow, 96 is extremely good and your schedule sounds good I got a 95 overall but physics definitely screwed me up. I start at 7 am and end at 2 pm but my guidance counselors forgot to include two of my classes in my program I'll have to skip some classes and fix it tomorrow.

I'm done with language in HS, but I'm planning on taking French(possibly minoring in it) and Russian in college since I never had the opportunity to take either in HS or JHS.

EmpireStateofMind is offline  
Old
01-31-2011, 06:09 PM
  #92
NYGRYK21
American Ambassador
 
NYGRYK21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ridge, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpireStateofMind View Post
Wow, 96 is extremely good and your schedule sounds good I got a 95 overall but physics definitely screwed me up. I start at 7 am and end at 2 pm but my guidance counselors forgot to include two of my classes in my program I'll have to skip some classes and fix it tomorrow.

I'm done with language in HS, but I'm planning on taking French(possibly minoring in it) and Russian in college since I never had the opportunity to take either in HS or JHS.
Nice avatar.

But yeah physics sucks.

NYGRYK21 is online now  
Old
01-31-2011, 06:12 PM
  #93
EmpireStateofMind
Registered User
 
EmpireStateofMind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrik4vezina30 View Post
Nice avatar.

But yeah physics sucks.
Thanks You too. Most underrated Beatle? I think so.

And yeah it does especially when you have an Asian teacher. Not trying to be racist or anything, just saying their expectations are waaaay too high And we use an AP Physics textbook

EmpireStateofMind is offline  
Old
01-31-2011, 06:14 PM
  #94
NYRFAN218
Brass God
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpireStateofMind View Post
Wow, 96 is extremely good and your schedule sounds good I got a 95 overall but physics definitely screwed me up. I start at 7 am and end at 2 pm but my guidance counselors forgot to include two of my classes in my program I'll have to skip some classes and fix it tomorrow.

I'm done with language in HS, but I'm planning on taking French(possibly minoring in it) and Russian in college since I never had the opportunity to take either in HS or JHS.
Yeah, the only reason it's that high is because I have practically no classes and my teachers love me. They realize it's senior year so for the most part they've pretty much given up lol. I usually got anywhere between an 88 and 93 when I had a full schedule. I kind of wish I tried harder in high school though, I probably could have gotten between a 95 and 100 average.

NYRFAN218 is online now  
Old
01-31-2011, 06:16 PM
  #95
NYGRYK21
American Ambassador
 
NYGRYK21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ridge, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpireStateofMind View Post
Thanks

And yeah it does especially when you have an Asian teacher. Not trying to be racist or anything, just saying their expectations are waaaay too high And we use an AP Physics textbook
No problem

I only have like 10 kids in my class so it's not that bad.

NYGRYK21 is online now  
Old
01-31-2011, 06:19 PM
  #96
EmpireStateofMind
Registered User
 
EmpireStateofMind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Yeah, the only reason it's that high is because I have practically no classes and my teachers love me. They realize it's senior year so for the most part they've pretty much given up lol. I usually got anywhere between an 88 and 93 when I had a full schedule. I kind of wish I tried harder in high school though, I probably could have gotten between a 95 and 100 average.
The only teachers that love me are the ones that I like and am nice to. The rest I really don't put in an effort to be nice to them Yeah I could have a higher average but I'm really lazy.

Also, I wish I would've tried harder in freshmen and sophomore year so when junior year came along, I'll have some cushion in my GPA. I guess I didn't take those two years seriously.

EmpireStateofMind is offline  
Old
01-31-2011, 07:23 PM
  #97
NYGRYK21
American Ambassador
 
NYGRYK21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ridge, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpireStateofMind View Post
Thanks You too. Most underrated Beatle? I think so.
And yeah it does especially when you have an Asian teacher. Not trying to be racist or anything, just saying their expectations are waaaay too high And we use an AP Physics textbook
Yes. Absolutely. So underrated it's not even funny.

NYGRYK21 is online now  
Old
01-31-2011, 07:27 PM
  #98
Jabroni
Moderator
The Corporate Mod
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,280
vCash: 500
Capture Card

Does anyone know of any good manufactures/models for video capture cards for PC?

Jabroni is offline  
Old
01-31-2011, 07:36 PM
  #99
EmpireStateofMind
Registered User
 
EmpireStateofMind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrik4vezina30 View Post
Yes. Absolutely. So underrated it's not even funny.
LOL I know this is random and weird but I always picture people as the person in their avatar. So you're this guy with long hair and a badass mustache

EmpireStateofMind is offline  
Old
01-31-2011, 07:41 PM
  #100
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 14,861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68MGQR10 View Post
Does anyone know of any good manufactures/models for video capture cards for PC?
I've never found a good one, however, I just use my Slingbox and then use Camtasia Studio to capture my computer screen. Works out well.


BTW, I took Italian from middle school through high school and even 4 classes in college. I loved it, easy A's to bring up the average.

WhipNash27 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.