HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Which Free Agent Signs for the most money this offseason.

Old
01-31-2011, 04:26 PM
KrugLife
Registered Champion

vCash: 500
Stamkos 8.5 per 7 years
Richards 7 per 5 years
Parise 6.5 per 4 years

KrugLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 05:03 PM
HeadLikeAnOrange*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYayo View Post
Not really...like I said above OV got 124 over 13 years...works out to 9.53 a year...and from what I remember back at the time I thought the talk was that Crosby/Malkin took below market value to get other peices around them...and that was still 8.7 a year.....easily the three most comparable players at the time the contracts were signed...If Meehan doesn't start out the negotiations with those as the comparables he shouldn't be Stamkos's agent
(9.1 a year is directly in the middle of those 2...so huge overpayment is hardly the case.)
Malkin got 43.5M (after winning Art Ross + 2x Hart Runner Up)
Crosby got 43.5M (after winning Hart, Art Ross & Pearson)

91M is a big jump up from those 2.

He may get 9.1M+ per year but NO way its for 10+ years

HeadLikeAnOrange* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 05:48 PM
TYayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by periferal View Post
The Lightning MUST resign Stamkos. That is not a question.

However those of you throwing out 9+ million/year for him are forgetting two things:
  1. He's an RFA, not a UFA
  2. Tampa already has about 40 million committed to 2011-2012 to only about a dozen guys.

That means they need to sign about 10 more players with about 18 million, of which Stamkos will get a third of that space. In addition Hedman is due a new contract after next season.

There's no question that they can get under the cap, but between Lecavalier, St. Louis, Malone, Stamkos, Ohlund, & Kubina, they are so (salary) top heavy that they are really tying their hands to build a Cup winner.

Plus they will need another goalie this offseason with Roloson's being a UFA (or retiring).

If Stamkos was a UFA then I could see Ovechkin money. Probably he'll get a shorter deal like 4 years/28 million and then get the BIG payday after that deal.

That Lecavalier deal was a dud the second they signed it, and it is really handcuffing them now. At 10 million/year, he's getting at least 3 million more than he should.
Dood...Ovechkin and Crosby and Malkin were nowhere near UFA either..HE WILL GET THAT MONEY...and yes he will still be in Tampa..they will have to pay him that..they'd get rid of anyone else before losing him..no chance he isn't in Tampa

Agreed on the Vinny deal..
i think the Lightning have quite a bit of cap room tho..like close to 9mil right now...plus Gagne comes off this summer..so they are not in trouble yet...but that doesn't mean they won't be down the road when guys like Hedman may be looking for a raise and they obviously will want to upgrade the goaltending more permanently....Have to assume they would love to rid themselves of VLs contract..

Last edited by TYayo: 01-31-2011 at 06:05 PM.
TYayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 05:53 PM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadLikeAnOrange View Post
Malkin got 43.5M (after winning Art Ross + 2x Hart Runner Up)
Crosby got 43.5M (after winning Hart, Art Ross & Pearson)

91M is a big jump up from those 2.

He may get 9.1M+ per year but NO way its for 10+ years
Crosby got his number 8.7 mIllion a year Stamkos will get his 9.1 And could very well win Hart Art Ross Pearson And Rocket Richard this year

Last edited by Oilmageddon*: 01-31-2011 at 06:02 PM.
Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 06:33 PM
MXD

I see Richards signing for the same money as Stamkos.

I don't expect Stamkos signing for more than 7.5. I mean, the Bolts HAVE to ice a full roster. As a UFA, he would get in the 9.5 range. But RFA? Dunno. What kind of compensation is offered for a 8 million deal?

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 06:40 PM
TYayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
I see Richards signing for the same money as Stamkos.

I don't expect Stamkos signing for more than 7.5. I mean, the Bolts HAVE to ice a full roster. As a UFA, he would get in the 9.5 range. But RFA? Dunno. What kind of compensation is offered for a 8 million deal?
I think the teams next 4 first round draft picks.

TYayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 06:42 PM
RAZZIE King
Registered redophile

Safe bet...LA won't offer it...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 06:43 PM
Lesmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYayo View Post
I think the teams next 4 first round draft picks.
so no big deal for the Leafs

Lesmeister is offline   Reply With Quote