HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boedker and Ebbett recalled

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-31-2011, 01:02 PM
  #1
RampageNate
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Antonio
Country: United States
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to RampageNate
Boedker and Ebbett recalled

Per Dave Vest.

Annnnnd, there goes the offense again.

RampageNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 01:03 PM
  #2
zz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,760
vCash: 500
So McLean is staying in SA?

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 01:10 PM
  #3
gra
Custom User Title
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 27,247
vCash: 466
Didnt we just send these 2 back down? I guess this means Fids is still out to say the least.

gra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 03:03 PM
  #4
wpgyotes
Bye Bryz
 
wpgyotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaPride View Post
Didnt we just send these 2 back down? I guess this means Fids is still out to say the least.
They were only sent down for the All-Star break.

wpgyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 04:37 PM
  #5
RemoAZ
Stugots
 
RemoAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Glendale, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,820
vCash: 500
Guess I'm going to have to bust out the "Bring Up MacLean" chant at the next game!

RemoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 06:16 PM
  #6
PHX FireBirds18
Registered User
 
PHX FireBirds18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoAZ View Post
Guess I'm going to have to bust out the "Bring Up MacLean" chant at the next game!
Really?

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 06:21 PM
  #7
Swat Ultra
~Hockey!~
 
Swat Ultra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Northern NH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoAZ View Post
Guess I'm going to have to bust out the "Bring Up MacLean" chant at the next game!
Also keep in mind he is in PA right now playing in the AHL allstar game. So they wouldn't of recalled him today.

Swat Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 07:24 PM
  #8
RemoAZ
Stugots
 
RemoAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Glendale, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,820
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX FireBirds18 View Post
Really?
I was going with the "Free Bret MacLean" chant when he was up and scratched. What you have against rooting for the guy I want to see play?

Glad he's in the All-Star game but the guy has nothing left to prove in the AHL imo.

RemoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 07:32 PM
  #9
BeSeeingYouSeattle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 8,159
vCash: 500
Interesting. It's quite telling that they brought up Ebbet over Maclean. Korpi wasn't that bad at center, was he?

Hopefully Boedker picks his play up, and becomes what we all hope he can be.

By the way, in defense of Boedker - he has a rep right now of being thrown around (twice on one shift in the LA game really created that rep) but what no one mentioned is that after getting smacked twice, he got to the puck first behind the net and set Turris up for a short side one timer. I don't think him getting hit like he was, is that big of a deal.

BeSeeingYouSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 07:51 PM
  #10
Swat Ultra
~Hockey!~
 
Swat Ultra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Northern NH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynameis19 View Post
Interesting. It's quite telling that they brought up Ebbet over Maclean. Korpi wasn't that bad at center, was he?
Your assuming they are not bringing him up after tonight's all star game..

But for korpi hes better on the wing, center really limits his speed

Swat Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 07:56 PM
  #11
RemoAZ
Stugots
 
RemoAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Glendale, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,820
vCash: 500
I hope they bring him up after the All-Star game. Boeds just needs some consistent line mates and shifts. Remember at the beginning of last year when he was causing all those holding penalties? He's got the stuff imo. Now the mouth piece hanging out like Kane has to go. That's Kane's thing. Makes it look like Boeds is trying to copy him. That bugs me for some reason.

RemoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 08:05 PM
  #12
TGOTC
Yer a wizard Oliver
 
TGOTC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: On the couch
Country: United States
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
How is MacLean going to play when there is no spot for him unless you sit Boedker? There's only one spot left when Fiddler comes back and maybe no spot at all if there is a trade.

TGOTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 08:23 PM
  #13
PHX FireBirds18
Registered User
 
PHX FireBirds18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoAZ View Post
I was going with the "Free Bret MacLean" chant when he was up and scratched. What you have against rooting for the guy I want to see play?

Glad he's in the All-Star game but the guy has nothing left to prove in the AHL imo.
Don't have a problem at all. Feel free to cheer for whomever.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 08:52 PM
  #14
hbk
HFBoards Sponsor
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theguyonthecouch View Post
How is MacLean going to play when there is no spot for him unless you sit Boedker? There's only one spot left when Fiddler comes back and maybe no spot at all if there is a trade.
I don't forsee Phoenix offering Vrbata $3 million next year on an extension.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 08:58 PM
  #15
BeSeeingYouSeattle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 8,159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
I don't forsee Phoenix offering Vrbata $3 million next year on an extension.
I hope not, he has not impressed this year at all. Mac would be a cheaper (bias opinion), younger, better player.

BeSeeingYouSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 09:05 PM
  #16
SniperHF
Global Moderator
It Finally Happened
 
SniperHF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 17,165
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynameis19 View Post
I hope not, he has not impressed this year at all. Mac would be a cheaper (bias opinion), younger, better player.
Except of course that Maclean isn't a replacement for a Vrbata type player at all. Vrbata even while not scoring still plays a pretty reliable two way game. More likely that's Boedkers role full time or a FA. Maybe Brett could grow into that role but I don't think the NHL is the place to do that.

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 09:06 PM
  #17
TGOTC
Yer a wizard Oliver
 
TGOTC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: On the couch
Country: United States
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
I don't forsee Phoenix offering Vrbata $3 million next year on an extension.
I agree with you, but I'm talking about this year. Tippett isn't going to sit one of our top scorers for a rookie.

TGOTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 09:08 PM
  #18
BeSeeingYouSeattle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 8,159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
Except of course that Maclean isn't a replacement for a Vrbata type player at all. Vrbata even while not scoring still plays a pretty reliable two way game. More likely that's Boedkers role full time or a FA. Maybe Brett could grow into that role but I don't think the NHL is the place to do that.
I agree, and I almost put in 'offensively' better. I think Vrbata is more viewed as a sniper on our team, in terms of that, i'd take Mac over him any day if he is going to want 3mill a year, yuck.

BeSeeingYouSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 09:14 PM
  #19
hbk
HFBoards Sponsor
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theguyonthecouch View Post
I agree with you, but I'm talking about this year. Tippett isn't going to sit one of our top scorers for a rookie.
Over 30 games left. Lots of injuries and a trade deadline to get through.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 09:37 PM
  #20
BeSeeingYouSeattle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 8,159
vCash: 500
AHL All-star game is on FSNAZ right now incase anyone was curious.

BeSeeingYouSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 09:56 PM
  #21
zz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
Lots of injuries and a trade deadline to get through.
If the guy's not gonna play for the Coyotes this month, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see McLean traded before the deadline.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 11:09 PM
  #22
TGOTC
Yer a wizard Oliver
 
TGOTC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: On the couch
Country: United States
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz View Post
I wouldn't be surprised at all to see McLean traded before the deadline.
I doubt it. I don't see us giving up on that kind of talent for a plug-in rental player. If he is gone it's likely to be in a package for someone like Spezza.

TGOTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 12:05 PM
  #23
zz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theguyonthecouch View Post
I doubt it. I don't see us giving up on that kind of talent for a plug-in rental player. If he is gone it's likely to be in a package for someone like Spezza.
The Senators should try to move Spezza before the deadline.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.