HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Atl - Tor

Old
01-31-2011, 08:20 PM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
Do you consider Schenn?
No. I would consider Schenn to have very similar upside to Kane (albeit in very different roles). Hence why the thought that Schenn + Kulemin wouldn't be fair value for Kane was overating the young forward.

Nizdizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 08:29 PM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post

I was implying that Kane is overated
Stevens in his prime wasn't a 30 point defenseman.

Rod Langway is a better comparison for a franchise player with limited offensive potential

Peter Sidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 08:37 PM
Meatwagon
Blues=Overrated

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosberry87 View Post
u guys from toronto make more proposals for other teams young core players than ive ever seen. stop.
^^^THIS^^^. They want every teams franchise players for scraps and borderline prospects. Torontos best trade pieces are Grabvoski, Schenn, Kulmenin(sp?) and Kadri(whose overrated due to the Toronto hype machine). But they won't trade those guys because they are "the faces of the franchise". Can't land these players for Versteeg and farts... You've got to give to get people

Meatwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 08:41 PM
WWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan View Post
Stevens in his prime wasn't a 30 point defenseman.

Rod Langway is a better comparison for a franchise player with limited offensive potential
Scott Stevens scored 30 or more points 13 times in his nhl career. His highest total was 72, and he broke 40 points 12 times and 50 points 8 times. Scott Stevens is very much a franchise player let alone defensman.

WWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 08:45 PM
YogiCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
Seems both sides agree this is a no go.
If I was Toronto I'd be all over any combo of these trades. Schenn is great, just terrific. But Kane will be a game breaker.

YogiCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 10:07 PM
Flowseidon
Compton

I can see you're a Toronto fan. Kane's the kind of guy Atl is building their team around. he's 19 for christs sake and he's a elite nhl talent. He's also a sniper, and the leafs already have kessel. alough it can be argued and in my opinion, kane is more of a complete player.

( ) just means ur proposals bad. most people who do it are usually the guys who cant think of anything worthwhile, but they keep it to themselves and just attack proposals that aren't well thought out. such as this one. If it worked in chel doesnt mean it will happen

Flowseidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 10:10 PM
liverpoolfcjr

As a leafs fan I am going to say that this is not going to end well.
If we want kane we start with kadri, and then add

liverpoolfcjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 10:21 PM
Boondock

Quote:

I was implying that Kane is overated
Well Schenn is a long way from being Scott Stevens - and I guess you didn't actually watch Stevens play because he has had seasons of 65, 68, 72, and 78 points. His career ppg is .55 which actually makes him a 45 pt player. Schenn is a good player, but his .2 ppg (17 point average season) aren't really comparable to Stevens.

When Schenn has a 70 point season, 3 stanley cups, and a Conn Smyth I will come back to this thread and apologize.

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 11:02 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Schenn + Kadri + Kulemin + Phaneuf

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 11:33 PM
htpwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post

htpwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 02:59 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by htpwn View Post
why are you laughing? that's actually probably pretty close to what it would take(minus phnaeuf).

kane is proabably one of the most untouchable players in the league. enstrom and pavelec are the only guys on our team more valuable than he is. we can't help it if a bunch of morons think they can get him for a 2nd liner and a marginal prospect.

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 03:35 PM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
Well Schenn is a long way from being Scott Stevens - and I guess you didn't actually watch Stevens play because he has had seasons of 65, 68, 72, and 78 points. His career ppg is .55 which actually makes him a 45 pt player. Schenn is a good player, but his .2 ppg (17 point average season) aren't really comparable to Stevens.

When Schenn has a 70 point season, 3 stanley cups, and a Conn Smyth I will come back to this thread and apologize.
The post I responded to was the question "has there ever been a 20-30 point franchise player?", which you asked yourself. Maybe you didn't watch Stevens if he didn't come to mind immediately. In New Jersey, that was the player Stevens was. Hard hitting, low scoring. You are the first person to compare Schenn to Stevens in this thread. Thanks for trying to be a smartass and belittle me with those jabs though.

Reading before posting would work wonders.

Nizdizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Vladimir Tarasenko*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post

So you're saying:

Luke Schenn (The best currentplayer in this deal, maybe a tad less valuable if not just as valuable)
Nazem Kadri (a top prospect showing good signs of developement and was drafted just three spots after Kane)
Nikolai Kulemin (a physical top six winger who is good at every aspect of the game, and right now, is better then Kane.
Dion Phaneuf (our captain who logs 20+ minutes, still young, though struggling this season)

how about this then?

Zach Bogosian(young, solid d-man), Alex Burmistrov(top prospect), Niclas Bergfors(top six winger) + Dustin Byfuglien(better then Phaneuf this season, but both are one of the main pieces of each team respectively) for Phil Kessel?

seriously gtfo with that Schenn + Kadri + Kulemin + Phaneuf ****, people say Leafs fans offer garbage, that offer is WAY worse then the original offer.

Vladimir Tarasenko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 04:06 PM
LolungoReboundo
LeafsOnLeafsOnLeafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodimus Prime View Post
he means both sides agree theres no way atl would do this deal.
plus, leafs are taking a black guy out of atlanta, without sending any back

inb4 versteeg raps
LMAO

LolungoReboundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 04:11 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

Let me put it this way:

The Maple Leafs in an alternate universe has sucked since its inception and every time the team has a bright future, management screws it to death. The fans are scared away because the team ****ing sucks. The star players leave because the team sucks (and/or they kill their teammates) while ownership sits idly by. Their one time making the playoffs and interesting the people of the city, they end up getting sweeped. The very next season where everyone is looking forward to the playoffs they trade one of the key pieces of getting there for ***** and giggles and tank. Half the players they've drafted become busts. Then, suddenly, there's a bright spot on the horizon. You have the 4th pick overall and you have a guy who has upside comparable to one of the best power forwards in the game in Jarome Iginla. This kid who's been compared to Iginla fits in with your city demographics and has expressed interest in being drafted by the team, even going on the say "I want to be the guy who brings hockey back to this town." You take him. He shows tons of promise and becomes a fan favorite immediately, and your team is suddenly on the rise.

Would you trade a player like that? I wouldn't.

headsigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 04:15 PM
Boondock

Quote:
The post I responded to was the question "has there ever been a 20-30 point franchise player?", which you asked yourself. Maybe you didn't watch Stevens if he didn't come to mind immediately. In New Jersey, that was the player Stevens was. Hard hitting, low scoring. You are the first person to compare Schenn to Stevens in this thread. Thanks for trying to be a smartass and belittle me with those jabs though.

Reading before posting would work wonders.
If Stevens career was a collection of 20 point hard hitting seasons, he would never have been considered a franchise player. Is Regehr a franchise player? - No he is a very good hard hitting defensive defenseman, but he isn't a franchise player. Stevens rep was established with 40, 50, 60, and 70 point seasons combined with his spectacular hits and his rock solid defensive play. I think Schenn is closer to Regehr then Stevens. There is nothing wrong with that he is a very good player, I just don't think he should be dubbed a "Franchise Player" just yet.

I never posted the pic of Stevens in response to my own question, so don't say I'm the only one to compare them. I also don't get how my comments were belittling or smart-assed, I posted stats and an observation that Stevens had a much more well rounded game then Schenn. Maybe you didn't watch Stevens when had a 72 point season - nothing belittling about that.

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote